Thread: Minority Activists in Washington State Now Say Bicycle Helmet Laws are Racist

Exclamation Minority Activists in Washington State Now Say Bicycle Helmet Laws are Racist

Damn...I knew it would only be a matter of time before The Woke "intersected" me.

Minority Activists in Washington State Now Say Bicycle Helmet Laws are Racist

https://lidblog.com/helmet-laws-racist/

by Warner Todd Huston and Jeff Dunetz | Feb 25, 2021 | Culture

Minority activists in a Washington State county are now saying that bicycle helmet laws are racist. The activist who came up with this complaint shouldn’t be allowed outside by his mother unless he is wearing a different kind of helmet.

According to Michelle Baruchman, the “Traffic Lab engagement editor” for the Seattle Times, a group of black and Hispanic activists demand that King County dump its bicycle safety law requiring people to wear helmets while riding bikes.

Why? Because they say minorities and homeless people can’t afford helmets, and they should not be barred from riding their bikes just because the government has decreed that you can’t ride without one.

Baruchman notes that several activists have “joined a chorus of individuals and organizations calling for the repeal of the King County law that requires bicyclists to wear helmets because of disproportionate enforcement, especially among Black, Native and homeless riders.”

The columnist continued:

“Folks aren’t riding around without helmets because it’s fun. They’re doing it because helmets aren’t cheap,” said [Edwin] Lindo, who wears a helmet when he rides and started the biking group NorthStar Cycling Club to support riders who are Black, Indigenous, and people of color. “Buy them a helmet, and you won’t have to penalize them.”

Baruchman added that an analysis of arrests and citations given to helmet scofflaws shows that 40 percent have gone to minorities and homeless people. Unequal enforcement of the law doesn’t indicate a problem with the law but with the people enforcing it. The law’s real problem is why is it the government’s place to tell Americans how they must ride their bikes? The law should be opposed because it is authoritarian as opposed to because it is “racist.”

I would never ride my bicycle without wearing a helmet, but that’s my decision. The government making the decision for its population is a violation of people’s freedom to ride without a helmet (if they are stupid enough to want to).

Other cities in the state, including Tacoma, have already repealed mandatory helmet laws.

‘Regardless, just chalk this up to yet another example of how everything is raaaacist.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need to convince them everything we don't like is racist.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This belongs here:

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Taxes are racist.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Ahhh... the life of a perpetual victim. What a life it must be!

Helmet laws - RACISS!
    Being white - RACISS!
    Being able to read and speak English - RACISS!
    Owning a house in the suburbs - RACISS!
    Walking around and doing a good job at work - RACISSSSSSS!!!

Funnily enough, the solution to this crap they espouse (helmet laws here) would be free and sovereign societies with limited governments in place. These morons want more laws to try and correct a system so overburdened by its own laws and bureaucracies already, in order to right some perceived and petty wrong that was put in place by the nanny state they want imposed.

And this is why I think leftism is a literal mental disorder. They are so stupid, they don't know what they don't know, but think they know everything.

Edit: just found this gem. Another RACISS thing is to "force" kids to go back to in person learning. Specifically, it's a white supremacist thing. Oh, these people... So sad and pathetic.

https://twitter.com/ReopenCASchools/...19044684107779

https://www.newswars.com/video-calif...at-slavery-is/
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 02-26-2021 at 07:56 AM.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Taxes are racist.
    You sir, are a Great American®
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    True.

Did you know the Federal Reserve is a systemically racist institution meant to perpetuate white supremacy? END THE FED!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On the one hand good, government mandates should be abolished. On the other hand, why make it a racial component?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    On the one hand good, government mandates should be abolished. On the other hand, why make it a racial component?
    Exactly my POV!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Exactly my POV!
    Both of your continued racism will not be tolerated on this forum.

Let this be a warning.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Racist taxes include Property tax , cigarette tax , liquor tax , wine tax , beer tax .....
    Do something Danke

Throw out the Magna Carta, the Constitution, religious texts, tradition, common sense, everything. All legal arguments from now on shall be based on woke politics.

In Marxist America, everything will be considered racist.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Let this be a warning.

Thanks I have been busy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Let this be a warning.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Damn...I knew it would only be a matter of time before The Woke "intersected" me.
    It was inevitable, because everything is racist. There is nothing that is not "problematic."

(As Ibram Kendi puts it, the question is not "Did racism manifest in this situation," but rather, "How did racism manifest in this situation?")

[M]inorities and homeless people can’t afford helmets, and they should not be barred from riding their bikes just because the government has decreed that you can’t ride without one.

Baruchman notes that several activists have “joined a chorus of individuals and organizations calling for the repeal of the King County law that requires bicyclists to wear helmets because of disproportionate enforcement, especially among Black, Native and homeless riders.”
    Repealing the helmet law is not properly "woke" because it does not engender "equity."

The properly "woke" way to achieve "equity" here is not to repeal the law but to amend it so that it is applicable only to white people who do not have a sufficiently high IQ (Intersectionality Quotient)

For example, white homeless lesbians might get a pass, but cis-hetero white men might not (regardless of whether they are homeless).

But they don't quite have the juice to put something like that through. Not yet, anyway.

It's getting there, though ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Let this be a warning.
    "Ooooh...I'm really scared! There's a Peck with an acorn aimed at me!"
    - Madmardigan-
    Willow
    There is no spoon.

Taxes are racist.
    Gun laws are racist.

Drug laws have always been racist.

Wars are racist. When was the last time we attacked a white country?

Minimum wage is racist.

Don't get me started about Covid restrictions..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."