Thread: 3 Dozen dems send letter to Biden urging him to "cede" sole authority of nuke launch codes

Exclamation 3 Dozen dems send letter to Biden urging him to "cede" sole authority of nuke launch codes

And give it to whom?

For real Dr. Strangelove playing out here...

REDUCING ‘REAL RISKS’:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...8?cid=su_tw_md

Nearly three dozen House Democrats on Monday called on Biden to relinquish his sole authority to launch nuclear weapons, in the latest appeal to reform the command-and-control structure so that no single person can initiate a nuclear war.

“...Vesting one person with this authority entails real risks,” states the letter spearheaded by Rep. Jimmy Panetta of California. “Past presidents have threatened to attack other countries with nuclear weapons or exhibited behavior that caused other officials to express concern about the president’s judgment.“

“While any president would presumably consult with advisors before ordering a nuclear attack, there is no requirement to do so,” the letter adds. “The military is obligated to carry out the order if they assess it is legal under the laws of war. Under the current posture of U.S. nuclear forces, that attack would happen in minutes.”

They offer a number of alternatives, including requiring other officials in the line of succession, such as the vice president and the speaker of the House — “neither of whom can be removed by the president if they disagree — to concur with a launch order.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They fear he's lost his friggin mind with dementia Alzheimer's senility that they have to have a backup.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

all it would take would be an emp attack to knock out communication and then our enemy gets a free nuke attack on us before we can respond.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

They're asking to let military heads be in charge of the button. How does that makes it better? Until they decommission nukes, everything else is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    all it would take would be an emp attack to knock out communication and then our enemy gets a free nuke attack on us before we can respond.
    Who is the enemy?

Give it Kamala of course. We are going into Women's Month soon. That would be a perfect time for her to take the reins.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If the Demoncrats get their hands on the nukes, they will most definitely find an excuse to launch them. Thats what worries the $#@! out of me. Literally. I just checked my butt and theres no $#@! in there! Even my $#@! is scared!

Seriously they are looking for ANY measure to trigger MASS DEATH.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That this is not screaming red DANGER in headlines across every media organ only goes to show how far gone we are.

This is insanity.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    They fear he's lost his friggin mind with dementia Alzheimer's senility that they have to have a backup.
    I think could very well be what they actually are worried about.

Maybe Biden will accidentally launch a nuke at DC. Don't think anybody will complain about that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I just checked my butt and theres no $#@! in there!
    Me too....
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That this is not screaming red DANGER in headlines across every media organ only goes to show how far gone we are.

This is insanity.
    This is more than the reality that Biden has dementia.

No one person can just launch nukes and there is no big red button. The system was setup decades ago to require multiple people taking multiple actions.

I think this really highlights how liberals are geared toward decisions by committees. They generally aren't strong decision makers and are distrustful of those that are. Liberals are all about the group think. They are unsure of themselves in many ways and they are threatened by confident individuals.

Meanwhile Biden really doesn't have any business carrying the nuclear football.

Frontotemporal dementia
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Duke Nuk'em Swalwell knows where nukes should be targeted.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

I swear the ONLY possible outcome of ANY agenda the people in power are proposing is MASS DEATH. I mean like on the scale of BILLIONS of people. Starvation. Nuclear War. Civil War. Invasion. Alien Invasion. What ever it takes, I swear these people WANT DEATH come hell or high water, and at this point I would not be too terribly surprised if we got both HELL and HIGH WATER.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.