Thread: Joint Oversight Hearing: Security Failures During Attack on Capitol LIVE

Joint Oversight Hearing: Security Failures During Attack on Capitol LIVE

Joint Oversight Hearing on Security Failures During Attack on U.S. Capitol
    Senate Rules and Administration Committee

Rand Paul is a member of this committee. (I havent seen him)
    Other members: https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/about

LIVE VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ5BW711iB0
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?509061...s-capitol&live

Cruz asking questions now. (Finished)

Josh Hawley Clip https://www.c-span.org/video/?c49478...ip-josh-hawley

EDIT: Coming to an end now. Chairwoman Klobuchar pushing that "we all agree this was a plannned insurrection... by white supremacists... extremist groups... now the public knows...." DONE.
    -----

When is someone going to ask them to give a legal definition of "white supremacist"?
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-23-2021 at 01:01 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder what would have happened had the NG been there.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Where was Rand?
    I missed the first hour+ of the hearing, but never saw hide nor hair of Rand. CSPAN lists his name as having been there, but I haven't been able to find anything about it - no news stories, no video. I don't think he was there. Maybe he had some emergency?

An unauthorized walk-through of Capitol hill. That's ALL this was.

Calling it an "insurrection" or an "attack" changes the definition of both those terms. This wasn't watering the tree of liberty, this was peeing in its shade.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    An unauthorized walk-through of Capitol hill. That's ALL this was.

Calling it an "insurrection" or an "attack" changes the definition of both those terms. This wasn't watering the tree of liberty, this was peeing in its shade.
    Right. 4 squads, armed, trained, and with a plan could have taken out Congress. I mean shooting all the Representatives while they were cowering on the floor. No advance warning of rioters pushing through blockades. I'm talking flash bangs and double taps.
    No wandering the halls, a direct route, with a cut off to the underground tunnel.
    Who could ever believe it were THAT easy?
    I don't believe it ever was.
    But, $#@!, the Jihadis missed their opportunity if that's all it took.

Did we find out the name of the cop who shot and killed a protester? Did we find out the reason and justification for that shooting? Did we even get the standard “We investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing, policies and procedures were followed.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Can't exactly call what happened on Jan 6th an insurrection when guns weren't even used.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.