Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump earns $1.6 billion as president

Trump earns $1.6 billion as president

While Trump promised that he wouldn't be paid as US president, it sure looks as if he profited handsomely from "pay-to-play" schemes.

Trump disclosed between $1,613,583,013 and $1,790,614,202 in revenue from the Trump Organization and other outside income during his 4 years as US president: https://www.citizensforethics.org/wp...nation-278.pdf

Foreigners looking for a good deal from the US government were more than happy to pay the exorbitant Trump prices, hoping that they would make more from wheeling and dealing with the Donald.

A large portion of the revenue came from his famous properties where lying Donald was often seen during his presidency — Mar-a-Lago, The Trump International Hotel in Washington, and his golf course at Doral in Florida, Bedminster in New Jersey, and Trump National in Virginia.

President Donald even directed government to spend taxpayer's money at his properties over and over again. Trump insisted doing government business at Mar-a-Lago, and even directed VP Mike Pence to stay at Doonbeg when he had meetings on the other side of Ireland.
    To top it all, Donald attempted to host the G-7 Conference at his struggling Trump National Doral property.

So now that being president has finally made media personality Trump a genuine billionaire, some question if he will continue to be rewarded for being such a good little boy for his handlers: https://www.citizensforethics.org/re...ile-president/
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That number is revenue not income.

Like him or hate him being President has likely done irreparable harm to Trump financially. It has not helped him. He is likely in serious trouble right now. It is beyond ridiculous.

I imagine anyone who writes that Trump benefited financially from being president looks something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    While Trump promised that he wouldn't be paid as US president, it sure looks as if he profited handsomely from "pay-to-play" schemes.

Trump disclosed between $1,613,583,013 and $1,790,614,202 in revenue from the Trump Organization and other outside income during his 4 years as US president: https://www.citizensforethics.org/wp...nation-278.pdf

Foreigners looking for a good deal from the US government were more than happy to pay the exorbitant Trump prices, hoping that they would make more from wheeling and dealing with the Donald.

A large portion of the revenue came from his famous properties where lying Donald was often seen during his presidency — Mar-a-Lago, The Trump International Hotel in Washington, and his golf course at Doral in Florida, Bedminster in New Jersey, and Trump National in Virginia.

Since everyone scratches everyone's back within swamp, is it fair to single out the first 'drain the swamp' anti-nepotism leader?
    As long as lines between personal and gummit biz were not blurred, should be fine.

Ivanka Trump Used Personal Email For Government Business

Trump kids' ski vacation incurs over $300,000 in security costs
    cbsnews.com
    Sep 29, 2017 — Trump kids' ski vacation incurs over $300,000 in security costs ... Jared Kushner, left taxpayers on the hook for security costs of at least $330,000, CBS ... Pictures posted on Instagram show Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared ... Sasha on ski trips to Aspen during President Obama's eight years in office.

Ivanka Trump's Caribbean Getaway Cost Taxpayers $58,000
    Dec 13, 2018 — Taxpayers Spent $58,000 On Security For Ivanka Trump's Caribbean ...

Ivanka Trump’s car rentals help push the administration’s Davos travel costs past $4 million
    Justin Rohrlich
    Quartz January 21, 2020

Trump extended Secret Service protection to his adult children, three top officials as he left office
    Jan. 20, 2021
    WASHINGTON - In the days before he left office, President Donald Trump instructed that his family get the best security available in the world for the next six months at no cost to them - the protection of the U.S. Secret Service.
    The perk for the Trump family is expected to cost taxpayers millions of dollars and further stress the elite federal security force, which in the past four years had to staff the largest number ever of full-time security details - up to 42 at one point, according to former senior administration officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I imagine anyone who writes that Trump benefited financially from being president looks something like this.
    Please amuse me and share with us which second language you "smart" troll know better than I do English?!?

While you're at it maybe you can figure out what tax rate poor Donald paid in 2016 and 2017?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter
    In 10 of the previous 15 years, “billionaire” Trump paid no (0) income taxes, and in 2016 and 2017 Trump paid only a combined $1500).
    NYT-hit-piece-suggests-GOP-2016-candidate-Adelson-funded-was-not-very-rich#post6982540
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Please amuse me and share with us which second language you "smart" troll know better than I do English?!?

While you're at it maybe you can figure out what tax rate poor Donald paid in 2016 and 2017?

NYT-hit-piece-suggests-GOP-2016-candidate-Adelson-funded-was-not-very-rich#post6982540
    You just lost all credibility as you have shown you have no idea what the $#@! you are talking about.

When you have a lot of assets, businesses, investements, etc, and you are able to lower your personal expenses due to being able to write much of them off as business expenses, there is no reason to pay yourself a large salary just to pay taxes on it.. typically you would re-invest that revenue into your business as that is your primary investment.

Trump's businesses paid plenty of taxes, the revenue of his businesses are normal, and actually much lower due to his sacrifice to become President.

He pays little in income taxes because he doesn't require a large income.. he already owns pretty much everything he needs, he can also sell off investments to pay for things, and much of what he buys can be considered a business expense.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    When you have a lot of assets, businesses, investements, etc, and you are able to lower your personal expenses due to being able to write much of them off as business expenses, there is no reason to pay yourself a large salary just to pay taxes on it.. typically you would re-invest that revenue into your business as that is your primary investment.

Trump's businesses paid plenty of taxes, the revenue of his businesses are normal, and actually much lower due to his sacrifice to become President.

He pays little in income taxes because he doesn't require a large income.. he already owns pretty much everything he needs, he can also sell off investments to pay for things, and much of what he buys can be considered a business expense.
    You must be so proud of that post that you've once again copy-pasted it from somewhere else. May I suggest that the next time you copy it, you correct "investements"?!?
    Maybe you forgot to notice that this isn't relevant to the question I asked, let alone this thread?!?

I can imagine that Trumptards find a MAGA-bootlicker more credible than a simple guy like me...
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You just lost all credibility as you have shown you have no idea what the $#@! you are talking about.

Like him or hate him being President has likely done irreparable harm to Trump financially. It has not helped him. He is likely in serious trouble right now. It is beyond ridiculous.

Trump's brand is the only asset that he owns. Everything else he "has" is heavily leveraged with multiple overlapping loans from lenders of various levels of unscrupulousness.

It's not implausible to say that the value of the Trump brand has grown far more than anything else of "his" has lost value or revenue.

(Of course, Trump would never say that out loud, because he has to simultaneously overvalue and devalue his brand in order to get loans and dodge taxes. It'll be reflected in his loan applications this year though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

According to Forbes' Dan Alexander and Matt Drange, Trump takes at least $175 million from commercial tenants, including the state-owned Industrial & Commercial Bank of China.
    Forbes noted that at least three dozen Trump tenants have "meaningful relationships with the federal government, from contractors to lobbying firms to regulatory targets".
    We don’t know all of the companies because according to federal disclosure laws Trump isn’t required to tell where his businesses get their money.

Foreign governments have been trying to get on president Donald's good side, they've "donated public land, approved permits and eased environmental regulations for Trump-branded developments, creating a slew of potential conflicts as foreign leaders make investments that can be seen as gifts or attempts to gain access to the American president through his sprawling business empire".
    The Chinese government has granted Trump at least 39 trademarks since he took office on top of the at least 7 for Donald´s daughter Ivanka Kushner.

Another way to “lobby” president Trump is to buy real estate from the Trump Organization. In 2017, Trump's companies sold more than $35 million in real estate.
    In the year after he got the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, "70% of buyers of Trump properties were limited liability companies – corporate entities that allow people to purchase property without revealing all of the owners' names. That compares with about 4% of buyers in the two years before".
    Some argue that this is suspicious because limited liability companies are especially founded to obscure buyers' identities.

Donald Trump spent one third of his first year in office visiting his own properties (all expenses paid of course). On top of that more than 100 executive branch officials and members of Congress visited Trump properties in 2017 alone.
    At least 40 special interest groups held events at Trump properties and 11 foreign government's paid Trump businesses. The Kuwaiti Embassy, for example, held a National Day celebration at Trump's Washington hotel in 2017 and 2018.
    Shortly after Trump was elected in 2016, an Asian diplomat explained:
    Why wouldn't I stay at his hotel blocks from the White House, so I can tell the new president, 'I love your new hotel!' Isn't it rude to come to his city and say, 'I am staying at your competitor?'
    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...count-the-ways
    (http://web.archive.org/web/20190420231028/https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2018-03-05/how-is-donald-trump-profiting-from-the-presidency-let-us-count-the-ways)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must be so proud of that post that you've once again copy-pasted it from somewhere else. May I suggest that the next time you copy it, you correct "investements"?!?
    Maybe you forgot to notice that this isn't relevant to the question I asked, let alone this thread?!?

I can imagine that Trumptards find a MAGA-bootlicker more credible than a simple guy like me...

I didn't copy or paste any of that. I made a similar post yesterday to one of ed's ridiculous posts, he doesn't seem to understand the difference between working for income or owning a business, either.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm assuming that Trump is the wealthiest US individual to serve as US President to date, but he's not the first wealthy individual to serve as US President. So there are precedents for all of this stuff. Ethics reviews, legal reviews, etc. It's impossible for someone in Trump's position to not benefit in any way from being POTUS -- he has long been in the business of monetizing his fame. Becoming POTUS made his already famous name more or less a household word not only in the US but in many foreign countries. So, ethical accusations that begin with the premise that Trump should somehow magically not have benefited financially in any way, shape or form from being POTUS are absurd.

All in all, I think that Trump "didn't need to do this", so I think the jibber-jabber among the DC talking-heads about how Trump was going to steal the White House curtains on the way out the door is pure 100% projection. A million dollars is a lot of money to a DC-Swamp-Inc millionaire, and so these psychopathic Swamp-creatures will go to great lengths and take great risks to obtain an extra million dollars. A million dollars is not a lot of money to a billionaire. He "didn't need to do this". Trump wasn't plotting on taking the White House curtains with him when he left office...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

He took no salary as a President, and financed a good chuck of his campaign. How many other Presidents waived their salaries. Not to mention, Mitt Romney's net worth is $250 million, why doesn't he waive his senator's salary?

How about Pelosi? $160 million

Just another little thing; Obama's went into the White House virtually a non-millionaire--after he left office, he bought a $4 million house in DC and a $16 million house on the Cape. So how do you suppose he got all that money in 8 years?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    +rep
    You literally just +repd a guy who copies and pastes his posts, complaining about somebody who he claims copy and pasted a post, who did not. Good job.

How about this....

I DON'T GIVE A $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    +rep
    +rep
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

His Presidency will be the marketing gift that keeps giving financially for the rest of his life time. If he has businesses that are hurting it is due to COVID which he brought on himself by not having a backbone in keeping the country open.

50% of the country supported him and like all Presidents he is beloved around the world. It is only the other half and far left that have a problem. Some areas effected while others gain, gains specifically because he was President.

If you can't see that then you have brought into a false narrative hook line and sinker.

^This was beneath you.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How about this....

I DON'T GIVE A $#@!.
    Exactly and time to move on and unite to stop whatever legislation is coming. Focusing on Trump is just one of many look over here and keep busy over here, instead of being a united in opposition to legislation.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-24-2021 at 01:20 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How about this....

I DON'T GIVE A $#@!.
    Pretty much . If trumps vacation properties made 2 billion while he was president I dont see the effect of that having anything to do with me . It isnt taking money or freedom from me . There is though an entire dem majority in the House right now that intends those things .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    He took no salary as a President, and financed a good chuck of his campaign. How many other Presidents waived their salaries. Not to mention, Mitt Romney's net worth is $250 million, why doesn't he waive his senator's salary?

How about Pelosi? $160 million

Just another little thing; Obama's went into the White House virtually a non-millionaire--after he left office, he bought a $4 million house in DC and a $16 million house on the Cape. So how do you suppose he got all that money in 8 years?
    I could be wrong but I think you are wrong. I think he took a salary and donated it to charity. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I could be wrong but I think you are wrong. I think he took a salary and donated it to charity. There is a difference.
    President-elect Donald Trump has announced he will give up his presidential salary of $400,000 (£319,500) and take just $1 a year.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37977433

While Selflessly Donating His $400,000 Annual Salary Over Four Years to Various Charities – President Trump Lost $2 Billion in Wealth Saving the Country
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ing-2-billion/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37977433

While Selflessly Donating His $400,000 Annual Salary Over Four Years to Various Charities – President Trump Lost $2 Billion in Wealth Saving the Country
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ing-2-billion/
    Which one was it? Did he take a salary and donate it to charity or did he refuse his salary and take only $1?

Which one was it? Did he take a salary and donate it to charity or did he refuse his salary and take only $1?
    VERIFY: Yes, Trump has never taken a presidential paycheck
    https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...1-5eb44026a3e2

VERIFY: Yes, Trump has never taken a presidential paycheck
    https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...1-5eb44026a3e2
    The President has donated seven checks, $78,333 after taxes each, to different government agencies. He has not yet announced who will receive his final check from 2018.

He received a salary and donated it.

Is it possible that if Trump donated his salary to the swamp, the swamp had more money to waste. I would bet that the budgets for all those organizations increases frequently and never decreases.

Is it possible that if Trump donated his salary to the swamp
    It's not just possible. That's exactly what the quote you just gave says--"different government agencies" = the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    His Presidency will be the marketing gift that keep giving financially for the rest of his life time. If he has businesses that are hurting it is due to COVID which he brought on himself by not having a backbone in keeping the country open.

50% of the country supported him and like all Presidents he is beloved around the world. It is only the other half and far left that have a problem. Some areas effected while others gain, gains specifically because he was President.

Exactly and time to move on and unite to stop whatever legislation is coming. Focusing on Trump is just one of many look over here and keep busy over here, instead of being a united in opposition to legislation.
    Someone pointed out my numbers are a bit off in my post. Ok so it is actually 46.8 percent of the votes cast, not population. Only 66.7 percent of eligible voters, voted. So actually more like 30% of the population. Still significant. His supporters or opportunists hearing news his properties are not doing well will book it for discounts or for novelty reasons considering he was a past president. He is doing fine.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-24-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's an easy claim, but do you have any actual information (evidence) on how much Trump actually paid for his campaign?!?
    Wasn't that another one of his wild claims that turned out to be a loan to his campaign that he got back from the donations to his campaign?

Isn't it strange that whenever I post something less than flattering about lying Donald, I have to fear getting the sh*t trolled out of me...
    By the same Trumptards that claim the whole internet is biased against poor Donald?

There is no denying, although Trumptards could certainly try, that lying Donald reaped profits from the voter fraud hysteria that he can in turn use on pay-to-play schemes with crooked politicians (once again playing the rich man's role of buying politricksters).
    Trump has bombarded his fans with requests for money to pay the legal fees for challenging Biden’s win. The disclaimer shows that part of this money won’t go to pay for these legal fees at all.

One disclaimer said that 50% of the donation would go to paying off the president’s “campaign debt”, with the other 50% to the voter fraud legal fees.
    Another Trump fundraising campaign leads to the Trump Make America Great Again Committee — a joint committee by Donald J. Trump for President, Inc., and the Republican National Committee (RNC).

After some media reported some critical stories, a new PAC was started - Save America. Now 60% are going to Save America and 40% to the RNC. Only after some threshold is met, money will go to paying legal costs.
    These kind of “slush funds” (as some cynics call them) – PACs - are very flexible. Donald could use the cash on election campaigns for himself (which Trumptards probably won’t mind) and other politicians (that are well-known for pay-to-play kind of favours).
    Trump-and-Biden-use-voter-fraud-for-campaign-donations

That's an easy claim, but do you have any actual information (evidence) on how much Trump actually paid for his campaign?!?
    Wasn't that another one of his wild claims that turned out to be a loan to his campaign that he got back from the donations to his campaign?

Isn't it strange that whenever I post something less than flattering about lying Donald, I have to fear getting the sh*t trolled out of me...
    By the same Trumptards that claim the whole internet is biased against poor Donald?

There is no denying, although Trumptards could certainly try, that lying Donald reaped profits from the voter fraud hysteria that he can in turn use on pay-to-play schemes with crooked politicians (once again playing the rich man's role of buying politricksters).

Trump-and-Biden-use-voter-fraud-for-campaign-donations
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Firestarter again."

...Isn't it strange that whenever I post something less than flattering about lying Donald, I have to fear getting the sh*t trolled out of me...

They are victims of social engineering and do not even realize it. Little do they realize the people they so desperately shill for (on both sides) bank on their ignorance and mock them for their gullibility behind the scenes.

Even with a wealth of information presented, they keep their minds closed since the conditioning is so powerful. They defend them having no clue what these people are really like and what they believe off camera. Why would they, when the news media or pundits they have been so conditioned to listen to effectively are providing them a socially engineered infomercial for their party candidate.

If they did know the truth that they are always being played for fools there would be a revolution to overthrow the elites, their stranglehold on the uni-party, Hollywood and the news media rather than shill and troll for them.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-24-2021 at 11:06 PM.

According to the following, President Donald had a much higher revenue in the first 3 years of his presidency.
    So if the "reputable" Forbes is right, lying Donald once again wasn't honest, when he disclosed only a maximum of $1,790,614,202 in revenue (or maybe Citizensforethics didn't analyse Donald's disclosure properly?).

From 2017 to 2019, the Donald’s businesses raked in an "estimated $1.9 billion of revenue".
    This resulted in $470 million in profits for lying Donald.

Trump’s commercial real estate assets converted more like 50% of their revenue into profit, generated an estimated $313 million of income to President Donald from 2017 to 2019.
    This means that they were far more lucrative than the golf courses and clubs, with modest-margins: https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex...ars-in-office/
    (https://archive.is/SlwA8)

I'm afraid that the following isn't good enough for Trump fans, but as I'm no expert at taxes (especially outside of the Netherlands), this is the best I could do on such short notice; a simple calculation (estimate) of Trump's tax rate in 2016 and 2017...

If we multiply $470 million in profits with 2/3, this means that Donald had an income of about $313 million in total in 2016 and 2017, in which years he paid a total of $1500 in taxes. This means that "billionaire" Donald Trump had an effective tax rate of 0.0005% for those 2 years.
    I guess that many people (probably excluding the money laundering billionaires that at the same time call for "progressive" tax rates) would settle for such a tax rate!

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    His Presidency will be the marketing gift that keep giving financially for the rest of his life time.
    I don't see how anyone can disagree with this.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump's brand is the only asset that he owns. Everything else he "has" is heavily leveraged with multiple overlapping loans from lenders of various levels of unscrupulousness.

It's not implausible to say that the value of the Trump brand has grown far more than anything else of "his" has lost value or revenue.

(Of course, Trump would never say that out loud, because he has to simultaneously overvalue and devalue his brand in order to get loans and dodge taxes. It'll be reflected in his loan applications this year though.)
    Assuming Trump has massive amounts of debt, then inflation will be very helpful to him. And now it seems that Pelosi and friends are going to help Trump out with another $2 trillion in money printing...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast