Thread: Punjabi Progressive Khanna "We don't want small businesses that can't pay $15 an hour"

Exclamation Punjabi Progressive Khanna "We don't want small businesses that can't pay $15 an hour"

Who is this $#@! to preach at anybody on this, who has never run nor owned a business of any kind.

Dem Rep. Khanna: ‘We Don’t Want’ Small Businesses That Can’t Afford $15 Minimum Wage

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...-minimum-wage/

Pam Key 21 Feb 2021

Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA) declared Sunday on CNN’s “Inside Politics” that we should not want “low-wage businesses” when pressed on small businesses who would struggle under a federal mandate to pay employees $15 an hour.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office predicted raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2025 would cost 1.4 million Americans their jobs over the next four years.

Anchor Abby Phillip said, “I know that you feel very strongly like many progressives about the minimum wage issue. Right now, at the same time, businesses, both large and small, are struggling in this pandemic economy, more than 9 million jobs have been lost in the last year, and they still aren’t back, and the problem is particularly acute in industries like retail and foodservice, which are more likely to pay minimum wage. I think the question that a lot of Republicans are posing and perhaps some moderate Democrats is timing. Is now the right time to increase it to $15? I should say the bill has stages, of course, but immediately it would go up about 30% right now. Is now the right time to do that?”

Khanna said, “Abby, it’s absolutely the right time to give working Americans a raise. Let’s look at the facts. Amazon raised their wage to $15 nationally, not regionally. They have more jobs today. It didn’t hurt job creation or business. Target followed. They also did it nationally, more jobs.”

Phillip said, “Large businesses like Amazon and McDonald’s, for example, can and perhaps should pay more, but I’m wondering what is your plan for smaller businesses? How does this, in your view, affect mom and pop businesses who are just struggling to keep their doors open, keep workers on pate roll right now?”

Khanna said, “Well, they should (not - sic) be doing it by paying people low wages. We don’t want low-wage businesses. Most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage. If you look at the minimum wage, it increased with worker productivity until 1968, and that relationship was severed. If workers were actually getting paid for the value they were creating, it would be up to $23. I love small businesses, I’m all for it, but I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing. I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funnily enough, Khanna is friends on Facebook with the same Chinese spy that Swallwell dated.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well they are being honest . Dems dont get campaign money from small business nor can they double the corporate tax rate on them so they'll just eliminate them and the jobs that go with them , put those on welfare , tax the $#@! out of everyone else and add it to the debt. They are a party and platform of destruction .They will destroy your country . americans get what they deserve for voting rabid retards into office . I deserve better but fact is most dont .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-21-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Who is this $#@! to preach at anybody on this, who has never run nor owned a business of any kind.
    Parasites gonna parasitize.

Anchor Abby Phillip said, “[...] I think the question that a lot of Republicans are posing and perhaps some moderate Democrats is timing. Is now the right time to increase it to $15? I should say the bill has stages, of course, but immediately it would go up about 30% right now. Is now the right time to do that?”
    And right here in a nutshell we see the full range of "respectable" opinion according to the Cathedral: from "Do it right now" to "Do it later when the timing it right" (but not, of course, "Don't do it at all").

"They fight each other in front of your face, but they laugh together at you behind your back." -- Michael Malice

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

There was a politician recently, in OK I think, who said a similar thing. I'll have to paraphrase, but he basically said if businesses can't afford to pay their employees $15/hr, they need to reassess their business and look at what they're doing wrong.

The audacity of some of these people knows no bounds.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

"Punjabi Progressive"

It's interesting that none of these "progressives" say "We will not have trade with any country that doesn't provide a living wage." If they cared so much about living wages.....?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It's interesting that none of these "progressives" say "We will not have trade with any country that doesn't provide a living wage." If they cared so much about living wages.....?
    Oh, that's definitely in their playbook! They love themselves some protectionism. They only took a temporary break from that because Trump was a protectionist, but they'll be back soon.

Here's an underlying, most sinister piece of this that most of us don't get. The people pushing for a minimum wage don't make a minimum wage. They make much more. So, how does it benefit them? By cutting of the bottom rungs of the "dollar measuring stick", it hastens the inflation. Inflation is the best thing that ever happened to people with big mortgages or student loan debts. If you can pay off those debts with dollars that are worth less, it's like a bonanza to your financial outlook.

So as much as they like you to believe in their benevolence and their concern for the less fortunate, it's really all about themselves. At the expense of those at the bottom. Always is, isn't it?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On a personal note, I got my first "real" job in 1987 at the age of 14. The minimum wage at the time was $3.35/hr and hadn't been raised in 6 years. There was a long period from 1981 to 1990 where the minimum wage didn't rise at the federal level. By the end of those years, the minimum wage became meaningless since hardly any business paid it.

This was the best thing in the world for me, as a poor 14 year-old kid looking for a job to help with the bills. Had the minimum wage been higher, I would have had to wait a few year before I could have entered the workforce. No one would have hired me. It was a pain in the ass trying to get a work permit, because you needed to have a job lined up before you could get a permit. It was hard, but I found an ice cream shop willing to hire me at $3.50/hr which helped me get the permit. Had the minimum wage been higher, why would they bother for a 14-year old with no work history?

By entering the workforce early, I was able to offset some family bills which allowed us to move to a slightly better neighborhood and allowed me to gain some skills so that by the time I was 16, I already had a positive work history which helped me land a better job. I shudder to think what would have happened if instead of work, I had to waste my time elsewhere in those formative years.

Kids today in that same position are benefitting from the fact that the mandatory wage hasn't risen since 2009. Raise the minimum wage again, and we ruin another generation of kids. A tragedy that could easily be avoided if these self-serving, pious planners would just mind their own business.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh, that's definitely in their playbook! They love themselves some protectionism. They only took a temporary break from that because Trump was a protectionist, but they'll be back soon.

Here's an underlying, most sinister piece of this that most of us don't get. The people pushing for a minimum wage don't make a minimum wage. They make much more. So, how does it benefit them? By cutting of the bottom rungs of the "dollar measuring stick", it hastens the inflation. Inflation is the best thing that ever happened to people with big mortgages or student loan debts. If you can pay off those debts with dollars that are worth less, it's like a bonanza to your financial outlook.

So as much as they like you to believe in their benevolence and their concern for the less fortunate, it's really all about themselves. At the expense of those at the bottom. Always is, isn't it?
    I think they took a break from it much earlier like when Bill Clinton pushed for NAFTA. Similarly it was the unions that first pushed for restrictions on immigration and now they aren't. But yeah, they aren't really being benevolent at all. I wonder how man more call center jobs will relocate to Punjab thanks to the Punjabi Progressive? I guess it's progress for somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    On a personal note, I got my first "real" job in 1987 at the age of 14. The minimum wage at the time was $3.35/hr and hadn't been raised in 6 years. There was a long period from 1981 to 1990 where the minimum wage didn't rise at the federal level. By the end of those years, the minimum wage became meaningless since hardly any business paid it.

This was the best thing in the world for me, as a poor 14 year-old kid looking for a job to help with the bills. Had the minimum wage been higher, I would have had to wait a few year before I could have entered the workforce. No one would have hired me. It was a pain in the ass trying to get a work permit, because you needed to have a job lined up before you could get a permit. It was hard, but I found an ice cream shop willing to hire me at $3.50/hr which helped me get the permit. Had the minimum wage been higher, why would they bother for a 14-year old with no work history?

By entering the workforce early, I was able to offset some family bills which allowed us to move to a slightly better neighborhood and allowed me to gain some skills so that by the time I was 16, I already had a positive work history which helped me land a better job. I shudder to think what would have happened if instead of work, I had to waste my time elsewhere in those formative years.

Kids today in that same position are benefitting from the fact that the mandatory wage hasn't risen since 2009. Raise the minimum wage again, and we ruin another generation of kids. A tragedy that could easily be avoided if these self-serving, pious planners would just mind their own business.
    I started working a factory job at 14 in 1983. And yeah, we made $3.35. Cans of soda out the machine were 35 cents. (My sons are so jealous of that.) While I was still in college I got a computer tech job starting at near $7.00 per hour! I was so happy I had doubled minimum wage! With that job I was able to completely pay my tuition at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, make my car payment, keep gas in my car, and have money left over to blow. I graduated college with ZERO student loan debt or credit card debt. Which raises the other issue. What happens with everyone making $15 per hour now? That's effectively what Uber/Lyft drivers make. (Yeah they tell you that you can make $20 per hour, but that's really humping it and it doesn't include gas and maintenance). Really the prices of everything will adjust upward so in a few years $15 per hour will no longer seem to be a living wage.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Really the prices of everything will adjust upward so in a few years $15 per hour will no longer seem to be a living wage.
    Lol - have you seen where some idiots want to peg it to inflation?! Inflation goes up, the wage automatically goes up. It doesn't take a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to understand that that kind of circular logic doesn't compute.

But hey, if you're carrying large amounts of debt and have a skill that will reflect the current market measurements, inflation is a godsend. Especially, if you have a Fed that will hold down interest rates for you. But imagine how hard it will be to get a new loan. The bank will know that they'll make more money by accruing their own debt instead of having someone else be in debt to them.

The whole scheme just leads to collapse.

What is the minimum wage in punjab ? last i looked it was 62 dollars a month ( 2.80 per day ) .Dirty sob's can go back to punjab.
    Do something Danke

There should be no minimum wage .
    Do something Danke

Is Pennsylvania in Punjab?

My map must be $#@!ed up.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Yes, indeed , we will never be able to prove fraud.