Thread: A Washington State Couple Decides to Steal a GOP Election Sign And Now Somebody's Dead

Exclamation A Washington State Couple Decides to Steal a GOP Election Sign And Now Somebody's Dead

A Washington State Couple Decides to Steal a GOP Election Sign And Now Somebody's Dead

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...-dead-n1426636

By Victoria Taft Feb 19, 2021 8:39 AM ET

There are several lessons from a deadly imbroglio in rural Washington State on the day before Valentine’s Day, chief among them being: don’t steal other people’s political signs from their property because somebody might end up dead.

Joshua Tryon, whose girlfriend, Kamran Cohee, was killed in a shooting erupting from the alleged theft, said he “can’t believe this is happening. I just want to wake up from this nightmare.”

And who can blame him? Tryon admits he was the one who stopped his truck to steal what is reported by a neighbor to have been a Loren Culp for Governor sign on the private property of a couple living on a rural Mt Vernon, Wash., road. Culp, a Republican, lost to Democrat Jay Inslee in November’s election.

The Daily Mail reports that the sign was “believed to be in support of Donald Trump,” though so far there’s no local reporting to support that belief.

Tryon and his girlfriend, Cohee, who was 32, were driving Tryon’s truck back from sledding on Saturday afternoon February 13th.

They stopped, either to let air out of their tires, as one version of the story goes, or to simply steal the sign, as Tryon admitted to KING 5 News when he lamented that he has “a lot of guilt because I’m ultimately the one that stopped to get that sign.”

I think I threw it in the back of my truck and I hopped back into my truck. I should have left at that moment but my adrenaline was rushing and …

His adrenaline rush led to a conflict with the homeowner, 58-year-old John Conijn, who thought Tryon and Cohee were “messing with their mailbox,” according to Undersheriff Chad Clark.

The two men got into a physical fight.

According to court documents, the men both told deputies they got into a physical fight. The homeowner said he was chased back to the house, but the driver said he punched the homeowner through the open window of their truck.

Then, apparently during the fight, Kamran Cohee got out of the truck and things got worse.

Conijn said he confronted Cohee and a man about the sign. Moments later, a fight broke out, and Conijn claimed he was “chased back to his residence.”

Conijn told detectives that Cohee and the man were beating on his door with a wheelbarrow.

Moments later, he and his wife Angela came back outside and Angela shot a gun “towards the end of the driveway where the vehicle was located.” The bullet hit Cohee where she was standing between the house and the car.

Tryon admitted to KING 5 News that, “me and him were just fightin” and that there was no need for the wife to get her gun.

Undersheriff Clark wouldn’t disclose to PJ Media what kind of gun was used.

Conjin has been in jail on a second-degree murder charge. Her $500,000 bail was halved on Wednesday. Her attorney argued in court that the shooting was in defense of others. John Conjin is charged with fourth-degree assault.

No charges have been leveled against Tryon, who started it all, engaged in a fight, and committed an apparent act of theft.

For his part he says that “there’s no way this was self defense and the evidence will prove that. Kamron was in front of the truck. We were nowhere near their house.”

A funeral fund has been established for the dead woman, where the sponsor wrote of her: “Many know of Kamran’s struggles and that she has been rebuilding her life for the better. At this time we are looking for any help we can get.”

It goes without saying that no one should die for stealing a sign, but there may be a bit more to this story.

While details – and this obviously flawed timeline – are still being fleshed out, I’ll be keeping track. We know if this had been a Trump sign, then obviously coverage would be inflamed and hyperbolic and the incident, naturally, would be all Trump’s and his “crazy cult followers'” fault, or some such scripted pap.

But this case addresses the issue of self-defense. In the Pacific Northwest, specifically Portland and Seattle—and Mt. Vernon is about an hour north of the Emerald City—an apparent effort is underway to diminish the ability to claim self-defense not only by cops, but by mere civilians such as when an antifa mob descends upon you, as in the case of Mike Strickland, and perhaps even against “struggling” people who allegedly use a wheelbarrow to bash your door in after stealing your stuff, if indeed that’s what happened.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As my daughter is so fond of saying... “play stupid games, win stupid prizes”
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

When I was a kid the kids in my neighborhood were friends long enough to play a football, baseball, or soccer game. Then we'd get bored and fight. At night we would sneak out and TP each other's house or commit some other mischief in good fun.

There is a part of me that smiles when I see adults doing mischief like throwing snowballs at Sean Hannity. Too many people throw away their sense of playfulness over the years.

I start to feel that way with seeing a story about someone stealing political signs... Until I see a picture of the perps. They always have that crazy look of hatred.
    Last edited by RJB; 02-20-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post

Guess she didn't check her Lefty ANTIFA wannabe white priveledge.

I wonder what the result would have been if it was a Democrat election sign that was stolen.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Around my neck of the woods a person is warned by many "no trespassing" and "shoot first ask questions later" signs. A few weeks ago a liberal posted about too much gun fire on the local "next door" website. The response was hilarious.

People who do not live in my neighborhood it is advised at the top of the hill to call before entering into the neighborhood because if your vehicle is not recognized you will be being watched. If their is a no trespassing sign it is advised that you stay off the property. Even the sheriff is cautious about approaching someone's home or pulling someone over in a car around here. A few months ago a sheriff was shot and killed close to were I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Around my neck of the woods a person is warned by many "no trespassing" and "shoot first ask questions later" signs. A few weeks ago a liberal posted about too much gun fire on the local "next door" website. The response was hilarious.

People who do not live in my neighborhood it is advised at the top of the hill to call before entering into the neighborhood because if your vehicle is not recognized you will be being watched. If their is a no trespassing sign it is advised that you stay off the property. Even the sheriff is cautious about approaching someone's home or pulling someone over in a car around here. A few months ago a sheriff was shot and killed close to were I live.
    Nobody should NEED to be warned with 'no trespassing' signs. If I feel the need to go on another's property uninvited I pull into their driveway and honk the horn in a non-threatening manner until they come out and we have a talk.
    It's always been a 'southern' thing but I'm sure others also practice this.
    And if you're stealing $#@! in the first place, doesn't matter what it is, even a garden Gnome, $#@! YOU.

Reminds me of when someone took my Ron Paul yard signs.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Nobody should NEED to be warned with 'no trespassing' signs. If I feel the need to go on another's property uninvited I pull into their driveway and honk the horn in a non-threatening manner until they come out and we have a talk.
    It's always been a 'southern' thing but I'm sure others also practice this.
    And if you're stealing $#@! in the first place, doesn't matter what it is, even a garden Gnome, $#@! YOU.
    It didn't used to be this way but, we have liberals moving in who think nobody owns anything so we have have warning signs to legally cover our ass....

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Also known as: "Don't start none, won't be none."

Was on our way back from dinner last night, I cautioned Mrs. AF about that, as some tailgating M$#@! was giving her fits. Yeah sure, brake check that guy, nine times out of ten nothing happens other than yipping and name calling. Time number ten may be the time you run across some broken $#@! that just doesn't care anymore and now maybe you've got a gunfight on your hands. Pull over, let that guy go by and hurry off to whatever doom awaits him.

Now these two jerks decide they want to start trouble with a complete stranger, in his home, become violent, by their own admission, and then are shocked that somebody ended up shot.

"If ya hadn't started none, there would not have been none"
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-21-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There’s a quote that will be around for awhile...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

And this is why I no longer live in Washington.

As for the dead woman, I see no tragedy beyond the false charges brought and the failure to bring the right ones where they belong.

Darwin got his cut that day. Nothing to mourn there.

Washington SO sucks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I wonder what the result would have been if it was a Democrat election sign that was stolen.
    The left would be masturbating with wild abandon at the demise of the perp.

Whoa! I wrote this post while I was in the middle of something. I saw the title about sign stealing and didn't see the part about the shooting. I just wented to the article to see what the robbers looked like. The psycho look in the eyes usually tells me everything.

But the police charge those who were defending themselves on THEIR PROPERTY from someone attacking them? The PTB has been waging a war on the American way of life for awhile, but stories like this show they are amping it up to an all out war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    When I was a kid the kids in my neighborhood were friends long enough to play a football, baseball, or soccer game. Then we'd get bored and fight. At night we would sneak out and TP each other's house or commit some other mischief in good fun.

There is a part of me that smiles when I see adults doing mischief like throwing snowballs at Sean Hannity. Too many people throw away their sense of playfulness over the years.

I start to feel that way with seeing a story about someone stealing political signs... Until I see a picture of the perps. They always have that crazy look of hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That whole situation, the statement in question in particular underscores and illuminates in stark fashion the true power of words.

Modern culture errs in manifold ways and the gross discounting of the raw salience of words is perhaps the greatest of them all. The legal world is especially guilty of this.

We are willing to play the odds and most of the time we win. But in cases like this, snake eyes rolls and everyone loses. Embrace The Stupid, reap its rewards in time.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.