Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz's political career over?

Post Ted Cruz's political career over?

Not just because of terrible failure of his recent efforts to cozy up to AOC following DC riot or alienating evangelicals or not working out but due to a series of blunders.
    Although, this might not be a big issue necessarily under "Family, God, Country" or "God, Family, Country" prioritis model post "America-First" movement's premature end.

Ted Cruz’s Cancún Trip: Family Texts Detail His Political Blunder

The Texas senator faced fierce blowback for fleeing his state as a disaster unfolded. Text messages sent by his wife revealed a hastily planned trip away from their “FREEZING” family home.

Senator Ted Cruz of Texas flew home from a vacation to Mexico after receiving heavy criticism for leaving the state while millions have struggled with a lack of electricity and water after a brutal winter storm.

Senator Ted Cruz of Texas flew home from a vacation to Mexico after receiving heavy criticism for leaving the state while millions have struggled with a lack of electricity and water after a brutal winter storm.CreditCredit...Reuters

• Feb. 18, 2021

Like millions of his constituents across Texas, Senator Ted Cruz had a frigid home without electricity this week amid the state’s power crisis. But unlike most, Mr. Cruz got out, fleeing Houston and hopping a Wednesday afternoon flight to Cancún with his family for a respite at a luxury resort.
    Photos of Mr. Cruz and his wife, Heidi, boarding the flight ricocheted quickly across social media and left both his political allies and rivals aghast at a tropical trip as a disaster unfolded at home. The blowback only intensified after Mr. Cruz, a Republican, released a statement saying he had flown to Mexico “to be a good dad” and accompany his daughters and their friends; he noted he was flying back Thursday afternoon, though he did not disclose how long he had originally intended to stay.
    Text messages sent from Ms. Cruz to friends and Houston neighbors on Wednesday revealed a hastily planned trip. Their house was “FREEZING,” as Ms. Cruz put it — and she proposed a getaway until Sunday. Ms. Cruz invited others to join them at the Ritz-Carlton in Cancún, where they had stayed “many times,” noting the room price this week ($309 per night) and its good security. The text messages were provided to The New York Times and confirmed by a second person on the thread, who declined to be identified because of the private nature of the texts.

nytimes.com/2021/02/18/us/politics/ted-cruz-storm-cancun.html

Related

'He Is Lying. People Are Dying': Calls for Texas Governor to Resign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIfgUFQWw2E

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Conservatives don't even think like this.

It's his right to go to Cancun. The jealousy tinge is a liberal trait, and not becoming.

More than a tad petty. Leave Ted Alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    It's his right to go to Cancun.
    Nobody's questioning his ability to go to Cancun. It's his clearly poor leadership skills and utter lack of a sense of responsibility to represent and act in the best interest of his constituents that are the issue.

The fact that he's clearly lying through his teeth about absolutely everything involved certainly doesn't help either
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

It's his right to go to Cancun. The jealousy tinge is a liberal trait, and not becoming.

I'm a conservative. I think this seems like fiddling while Rome burned. But he still has several years before reelection. We will all forget like good Americans.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

No I'm pretty sure his political career will be just fine.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

On one hand as said above it is more of a liberal complaint and on the other there is a bit of hypocrisy with his leadership skills called into question. It will depend on how the party and news media tell voters how to think that will decide what will come from this. If the elites and party are happy with him then this will soon be forgotten about. Perhaps already forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    On one hand as said above it is more of a liberal complaint and on the other there is a bit of hypocrisy with his leadership skills called into question. It will depend on how the party and news media tell voters how to think that will decide what will come from this. If the elites and party are happy with him then this will soon be forgotten about. Perhaps already forgotten.
    Yes. Correct. Personally I think you should not give excuses for doing so but stimulate anyone else to figure out similar ways to beat the system. As long as you break no laws what is the problem ? I thought this was America we're talking about.
    "I am a bird"

asking for a friend,
    what exactly could he DO IN texas?
    and as an added bonus
    republicans have no real power, sooooo
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If a person has no power and it is very cold and they have an opportunity to go on vacation where it is warm, I say go on vacation.

I wonder how many dems voted for him?

Last I checked Ted wasnt running for Gov
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Nobody's questioning his ability to go to Cancun. It's his clearly poor leadership skills and utter lack of a sense of responsibility to represent and act in the best interest of his constituents that are the issue.

The fact that he's clearly lying through his teeth about absolutely everything involved certainly doesn't help either
    Yeah...well with a media that buries the Hunter Biden laptop story, and gave almost no coverage to the Washington Post Fact check that caught Kamala Harris lying over her lack of support as state attorney for California for statewide investigations of police shootings and carried water for Andrew Cuomo's nursing home COVID story making him some kind of hero/foil to Trump until after Trump was out of office, now throwing him away to make room for Kamala 2024....yeah with that kind of bias his career might be over.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    In brief sampling of social media, almost all of critical views and memes appear to be from liberal wing and conservatives seem to be mostly silent or may have been banned.

Texas mayor resigns after telling residents desperate for power and heat "only the strong will survive"

February 18, 2021
    A Texas mayor resigned after seemingly telling residents to fend for themselves in a Facebook post amid a deadly and record-breaking winter storm that left much of the state without power Tuesday.

As then-mayor of Colorado City, Tim Boyd wrote an insensitive message for people desperate for heat, water and power, saying "only the strong will survive and the weak will [perish.]"

"No one owes you [or] your family anything; nor is it the local government's responsibility to support you during trying times like this!" he said. "Sink or swim it's your choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING! I'm sick and tired of people looking for a damn handout."

Mayor of Colorado City, Texas RESIGNS after posting this controversial Facebook post. pic.twitter.com/EDGaiDkmDR
    — ET Breaking News (@breaking_et) February 17, 2021
    Boyd told people without water to "think outside the box to survive" and called people waiting in the cold because they have no power "lazy" – even as authorities were telling people to stay home to avoid icy roads.

"Bottom line quit crying and looking for a handout!!" he said, before finishing off his message in capital letters,"DONT [be] PART OF PROBLEM, BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION!!"

The post was deleted, but circulated widely on social media. Boyd received intense backlash for his remarks and later announced he quit his office in another Facebook message.
    cbsnews.com/news/tim-boyd-texas-mayor-colorado-city-resigns-power-outages/

Many people already forgot that he had advocated 'boots on the ground' US military intervention in Syria during Obama years, so this could be a distant past memory down the raod too. Unless such meme became part of Dems attack ads come election time.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    In brief sampling of social media, almost all of critical views and memes appear to be from liberal wing and conservatives seem to be mostly silent or may have been banned.

Texas mayor resigns after telling residents desperate for power and heat "only the strong will survive"

February 18, 2021
    A Texas mayor resigned after seemingly telling residents to fend for themselves in a Facebook post amid a deadly and record-breaking winter storm that left much of the state without power Tuesday.

As then-mayor of Colorado City, Tim Boyd wrote an insensitive message for people desperate for heat, water and power, saying "only the strong will survive and the weak will [perish.]"

"No one owes you [or] your family anything; nor is it the local government's responsibility to support you during trying times like this!" he said. "Sink or swim it's your choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING! I'm sick and tired of people looking for a damn handout."

Mayor of Colorado City, Texas RESIGNS after posting this controversial Facebook post. pic.twitter.com/EDGaiDkmDR
    — ET Breaking News (@breaking_et) February 17, 2021
    Boyd told people without water to "think outside the box to survive" and called people waiting in the cold because they have no power "lazy" – even as authorities were telling people to stay home to avoid icy roads.

"Bottom line quit crying and looking for a handout!!" he said, before finishing off his message in capital letters,"DONT [be] PART OF PROBLEM, BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION!!"

The post was deleted, but circulated widely on social media. Boyd received intense backlash for his remarks and later announced he quit his office in another Facebook message.
    cbsnews.com/news/tim-boyd-texas-mayor-colorado-city-resigns-power-outages/

Many people already forgot that he had advocated 'boots on the ground' US military intervention in Syria during Obama years, so this could be a distant past memory down the raod too. Unless such meme became part of Dems attack ads come election time.

Kudos to the mayor! Cruz should have not apologized and should not have returned.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Are we supposed to believe Texas voters care about Cruz taking a vacation instead of sitting in a cold dark house?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Who elected him to be a leader?

I thought people were elected to be representatives.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what abut when Nancy and the dem reps went on a liquor junket?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    what abut when Nancy and the dem reps went on a liquor junket?
    Democrats are exempted from that kind of behavior.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    No I'm pretty sure his political career will be just fine.
    I agree.

'Murica loves a neocon.

Especially when they see how he comes together in a bipartisan way to support military action against fill in blank.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

Uhhh, ya, like the media isn't lying about it as well??

They are complaining that he left his poodley dog "stranded" in his freezing cold house while he went to Cancun..

Turns out his butler or whatever the $#@! was there taking care of it.

Which is better - because if they were all there, they would all be using the blankets and might not have enough.

By taking off, this allows the butler or whatever and the dog to have all the comforters in the house in case it gets really cold.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Not over. Maybe damaged a bit. He should be ok.

Personally I don't see what the big deal is.

https://twitter.com/rkylesmith/statu...34704106455049

It's doubled (to 50) in the last 8.5 hours. That's not really surprising, though.

I mean, after all, this is obviously a much more significant and important story than, say, that Hunter Biden laptop thing ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

If it were me I'd just send them a photo of me in the sun with a Dos Equis .
    Do something Danke

At least he admitted he was wrong. How many commies, like Cuomo admit they were wrong?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL, the Concern Troll King writes a concerned post.

This about as worthless a political kerfluffle as I've ever seen.

Last thing I'd want and need hanging around in a crisis like a power outage caused by weather is a politician.

The most he could have done is cut some of the red tape he helped create to get the lights on...and that could be done by phone.

Might have been a Chris Christie on the beach moment at worst, but when I found out all he did was chaperone his kids and their friends on a red eye flight and immediately returned, I was LOLing.

Seriously ED, try harder...maybe you can find some pictures of Cruz drinking and dancing with Queeer Jews For Trump That Look Like Benjamin NathanYahoo while he was down there.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

AF, while this discussion can also have LGBTQ, foreign firster lobbies related interesting tangents as Teddy like Don and other Netanyahu-Republicans had been a major league panderer of family values based CUFI as well as globalist wars neocons lobbies, there is another discussion with stronger link to such tangents.

With Evangelicals/Christian Zionism supported Dems-Lite party out of power now after 'election theft', such issues seem tad bit less interesting fnow political contradictions/opportunism standpoint as Dems stances are pretty clear and boring.
    Hopefully main topic here will remain politics of optics but just cuz you brought it up, Ted seems to be not a champion of LGBTQ rights unlike top leadership of GOP-Adelson funded wing (that would by Don-vsg-Trump):

Conservative Christian GOP Senator Ted Cruz:
    "Donald comes from New York and he embodies New York values." "Everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal, are pro-abortion, are pro-gay-marriage, focused around money and the media."

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/rkylesmith/statu...34704106455049

It's doubled (to 50) in the last 8.5 hours. That's not really surprising, though.

I mean, after all, this is obviously a much more significant and important story than, say, that Hunter Biden laptop thing ...
    That's still 2 stories fewer than 27 editorials fakenews WaPo wrote to support Iraq war.
    But I have as much problem with WaPo writing 25 stories on this for political opportunism as much as I did with Trump calling him "Lyin Ted" 108 times when it was politically suitable for him, i.e., nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Might have been a Chris Christie on the beach moment at worst, but when I found out all he did was chaperone his kids and their friends on a red eye flight and immediately returned, I was LOLing.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    At least he admitted he was wrong. How many commies, like Cuomo admit they were wrong?
    EM.
    Beta. If he only made this admission due to pressure from media/Dems, he's not in same alpha class as Trump (who to my knowledge never made any admission of being wrong during 4 years of his public service).

Related

United Airlines Investigating Who Leaked Ted Cruz's Cancun Flight Info

By Daniel Villarreal On 2/19/21 at 11:00 PM EST

Ted Cruz Sparks Outrage After Flying To Cancun Amid Texas Snow Storm
    United Airlines has begun investigating who leaked Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz's flight information for his retrurn trip from Cancun, Mexico to Texas earlier this week.
    Cruz faced widespread criticism for traveling to the Mexican beach spot while millions of his constituents in his home state went without power, water or heat amid severe winter storms. A few Texans have also died from weather-related causes during the storms.
    Around noon on Thursday, Edward Russell, lead airlines reporter at the travel industry publication Skift, said on Twitter that a source at United Airlines told him that "Senator Ted Cruz rebooked his flight back to Houston from Cancun for this afternoon at around 6 a.m. today (Thursday)."

"[Cruz] was originally scheduled to return on Saturday," Russell added.

newsweek.com/united-airlines-investigating-who-leaked-ted-cruzs-cancun-flight-info-1570711

I think as many people should leave as they can, the grocery store shelves being empty and all.. strained emergency resources.. etc..

The grocery shelves would have been even more empty if his family stayed there and had to go shopping.

He should have stayed in Cancun, no apologies.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If anything, Ted Cruz got a lot of people riled up, and that increases body temperature.

I bet the media never thanks him for that..

no, Texans love him.
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    AF, while this discussion can also have LGBTQ, foreign firster lobbies related interesting tangents as Teddy like Don and other Netanyahu-Republicans had been a major league panderer of family values based CUFI as well as globalist wars neocons lobbies, there is another discussion with stronger link to such tangents.

With Evangelicals/Christian Zionism supported Dems-Lite party out of power now after 'election theft', such issues seem tad bit less interesting fnow political contradictions/opportunism standpoint as Dems stances are pretty clear and boring.
    Hopefully main topic here will remain politics of optics but just cuz you brought it up, Ted seems to be not a champion of LGBTQ rights unlike top leadership of GOP-Adelson funded wing (that would by Don-vsg-Trump):

[SIZE=2]Conservative Christian GOP Senator Ted Cruz:
    "Donald comes from New York and he embodies New York values." "Everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal, are pro-abortion, are pro-gay-marriage, focused around money and the media."[/SIZE]
    I and my family are from NY and we are none of those stereo-types.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast