Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Postcards from the Clown Show

“Service members, Department of Defense civilians and all those who support our mission, are entitled to an environment free of discrimination, hate and harassment.”

Frick. Can I sue now for all the harassment I received in the military?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Irony. Or is that supposed to be satire?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:55 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So ehhh... parrot is another gender?
    Anything is a gender.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    h/t @Danke.

He's me go to guy, now that POWM seems to have gone tits up.

That thing needs to be killed with fire immediately.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"So this one time at band camp ..."

This has to be a joke. Please, someone tell me that this is a joke ...

(EDIT: It's not a joke: https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...60008f62a.html)

https://twitter.com/BillGertz/status...51423850823686
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:56 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:57 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These people children think they are fit to rule others:

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1364719403498164226

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:59 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:59 AM.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1365051227961057283
    I would guess it probably was an accident.

But he should still be fired.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"So this one time at band camp ..."

This has to be a joke. Please, someone tell me that this is a joke ...

(EDIT: It's not a joke: https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...60008f62a.html)

https://twitter.com/BillGertz/status...51423850823686
    This right here shows that there's no hope for the human race.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:00 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:01 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:03 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Ivy League School Offers Rock Climbing Class for Everyone But White Students

https://redstate.com/alexparker/2021...udents-n334421

As reported by Campus Reform, a physical education course for the Spring 2021 semester is advertised as “BIPOC Rock Climbing.”

Here’s the purported original description via a web archive:

Come climb with COE and take part in the Cornell climbing community! We will introduce you to rock climbing movement and techniques, belaying, equipment, knots, rappelling, and safety at the Lindseth Climbing Center. Courses ensure a high degree of individual attention and a supportive space to explore the vertical world! Graduates of this course will have the knowledge and skills to push themselves to new challenges while climbing safely and responsibly. We will also talk about BIPOC individuals and groups in rock climbing.

This class is for people who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, or other people of color.
    (They walked it back of course, once caught. - AF)

The description’s since been changed; now it states the endeavor’s “designed to enable Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, or other people of color underrepresented in the sport of rock climbing to learn the sport and to feel included and supported.”

Per the revision, the rockin’ activity will provide a “supportive space” and a “high degree of individual attention” in which participants will discuss “BIPOC individuals and groups in rock climbing.”

And just so you know, it’s “open to all Cornell students interested in learning rock climbing with this special focus.”

It seems the class is especially fitting for people of privilege: The one-credit course costs the standard single-credit amount of $1,890 plus a fee of $315.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-28-2021 at 07:31 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Calvin Coolidge

Not sure if there's an article about this, but here's Brennan talking about how he's embarassed that he's a white male.

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    bump

Thread seems some good new fashioned therapy.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:05 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image, added headline image

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Calvin Coolidge

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:09 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:10 AM.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:11 AM. Reason: replace tweet with image

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:12 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:13 AM.

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...73167724224514

FTA (https://www.koin.com/local/portland-...d-to-lynching/):

The adoption of a new mascot for Ida B. Wells-Barnett High School was put on pause, after concerns about potential connotations of lynching.

After adopting a new namesake earlier this year, the Southwest Portland high school also wants to ditch its Trojan mascot. A committee comprised of students, staff and community members suggested the evergreens as the school’s new mascot.

[...]

But just before the Portland Public Schools Board of Education’s vote to approve the new mascot Tuesday, March 30, Director Michelle DePass shared community concerns of an unwanted correlation between Ida B. Wells—the historic Black activist, and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who documented and crusaded against lynching—and a tree which could conjure up reminders of hanging people with ropes from branches.

“I’m wondering if there was any concern with the imagery there, in using a tree … as our mascot?” DePass asked the renaming and mascot committee. “I think everyone comes with blind spots and I think that might’ve been a really big blind spot.”

[...]
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 04:14 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast