Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Postcards from the Clown Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Nobody mentioned Cheney. But "we need more healthcare".

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:04 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...62229615874056

WARNING: DO NOT click "Show" unless you want to see Klaus' Schwab ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:07 AM. Reason: replaced tweets with images

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...62229615874056

WARNING: DO NOT click "Show" unless you want to see Klaus' Schwab ...
    LOL

World Economic Forum and its Partners - The Great Reset
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:08 AM. Reason: replaced tweets with images

AOC wears expensive designer dress to $30,000-per-ticket gala.

The dress is embellished with the words "Tax the rich".

AOC blathers about "having a conversation about what it means to be a working class woman of color".

Hypocrisy achievement unlocked:

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...67140169756674

https://twitter.com/PendantCody/stat...69035588173828
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:11 AM. Reason: replaced tweets with images

AOC wears expensive designer dress to $30,000-per-ticket gala.

The dress is embellished with the words "Tax the rich".

AOC blathers about "having a conversation about what it means to be a working class woman of color".

Hypocrisy achievement unlocked:

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...67140169756674

https://twitter.com/PendantCody/stat...69035588173828
    If ya want, I can date her for a few weeks and side-track her for a while... but, she'll need a matching muzzle...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:12 AM. Reason: replaced tweets with images

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    America was the best country in the world... until these $#@!wads started voting.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You heard it there from the horse's mouth...

if you want anarchy, you know who's standing in your way...
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

So ... business as usual for the State and its hired thugs then, correct?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Miriam Carey would say so...

If she could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Yeah, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    ["We are not your enemy. We are the Thin Blue Line. And WE ARE the only thing standing between Order and Anarchy."]

if you want anarchy, you know who's standing in your way...
    Muh "Thin Blue Line", tho ...

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-16-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The area immediately around her SUV was experiencing lawlessness. Don't ask if there was anyone there but cops.

Muh "Thin Blue Line", tho ...

It takes highly trained government operatives to protect and serve to this level. We should all feel safer.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

It takes highly trained government operatives to protect and serve to this level. We should all feel safer.
    Rape is a profound psychological trauma.

I sure do hope the officer is okay now.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-17-2022 at 05:07 PM. Reason: replaced tweets with images

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:13 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Critical Crossword Theory:

FTA: https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/...lusive/608212/

[A]n internist and a writer on the review site Diary of a Crossword Fiend, applauded how Hoelscher’s puzzle “passe[d] the crossword Bechdel test.” But Levy bemoaned a “missed opportunity.”

“I went through looking for men’s names with mounting excitement: What if there weren’t any?” she wrote. Alas, 66-Across, DEE, was clued as “Billy ___ Williams,” not as the letter or the grade. Responding to Levy’s lament, a commenter wondered: “Why is it desirable/necessary to have women’s names predominate in crossword puzzles … I ignore the male/female body count.” Levy’s response was a perfect, full-throated call to arms for inclusivity in the crossword:

Because women are underrepresented in puzzle content and creation. Clues and answers that are stereotypically masculine are “general interest;” clues and answers that are stereotypically feminine are “niche” or “obscure” … We’re so far from [parity] that a few puzzles with exclusively women’s names wouldn’t get us there … [and feminism here means] “we acknowledge the systemic forces that threaten women, we speak up when we see those forces represented in crosswords, and we call on our community to do better.”
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-18-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:13 AM.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:14 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Quote Originally Posted by cnbc
    Inflation’s silver lining: higher salaries...
    ...that buy less food. That's not a silver lining. Silver is actually worth something.

I wondered where Zippy went. He got a job, I see.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:14 AM.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:15 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-23-2021 at 09:16 PM.

This goes here:

Marvel Studios May Drop The ‘Men’ From X-Men
    David James Sep 21, 2021 8:34 am

It’s going to be a big deal when mutants finally arrive in the MCU.

Many of the most popular comic-book characters in the world are among their numbers, and I’m hyped for MCU takes on Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Charles Xavier. But Marvel Studios is in no rush and has many existing characters and storylines to work with before cracking open this franchise. When the superhero team does finally arrive, however, there’s a good chance the X-Men might not be the X-Men.

Marvel Studios’ new President of Physical, Post Production, VFX, and Animation, Victoria Alonso, has hinted that internal thinking is that the name ‘X-Men’ isn’t sufficiently inclusive:

In an interview with Nuke the Fridge, she said:

“I don’t know where the future is going. It’s funny that people call it the X-Men, there’s a lot of female superheroes in that X-Men group, so I think it’s outdated.“

She’s right, but Disney will be keenly aware that the X-Men brand name is known around the world and carries a lot of weight. Conversely, it might be easy to drop as Fox X-Universe movies don’t actually use the phrase “X-Men” very often. Dark Phoenix even specifically called this out, with Mystique saying to Charles:

“By the way, the women are always saving the men around here. You might want to think about changing the name to X-Women.”

So what are the alternatives? If Marvel followed the same pattern as The Avengers, we could see solo movies establishing each key mutant before bringing them all together for a team-up. Perhaps that could simply be called ‘Mutants’, covering all MCU newcomers, both good and evil.

Then again, Alonso also teased that her future animation projects might see a full-on MCU musical so it seems silly to try and second-guess what they’re going to do:

“I’m especially thrilled about ramping up our studio’s animation efforts, which is a personal passion of mine. Look forward to more singing!…”

Marvel Studios’ animation department is off to a very strong start with What If..? so let’s hope future efforts match this quality. And, in the meantime, let’s start getting hyped for X-Men, no matter what the team is eventually called.
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...en-from-x-men/
    Chris

Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast