Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Postcards from the Clown Show

Postcards from the Clown Show

I'm starting this thread as a place to post and gather various absurd/pathetic/stupid/etc. items of a political and/or sociological nature - things that make you want to (1) laugh, (2) cry, (3) roll your eyes, and/or (4) wish for the rousing of Cthulhu from his slumber so that he can come forth and devour the screaming souls of all mankind because swift destruction by the Sweet Meteor o' Death is just too good for them - but that don't really deserve separate threads of their own.

Please feel free to comment upon and contribute your own "Postcards from the Clown Show".

But just to keep things tidy and to maintain a distinctive character for this thread, memes and meme-type items of an ironic or satirical nature should go in the picture thread (or some other thread that is directly relevant to the topic of the item) instead of this one. Otherwise, this thread and the picture thread will run the risk of becoming indistinguishable clones of one another.

Items in this thread should be (or directly include) unironic, non-satirical items from the real world "clown show". As a general rule of thumb, think of this thread as being for items from the "clown show", while the picture thread is for items about the "clown show". I know the border between those distinctions can get pretty fuzzy sometimes, so when in doubt, use the picture thread, which is more of a general catch-all.

Posting things such as funny pics, satirical memes, etc. in reply to some particular "postcard" (or as part of any discussion or banter that arises about some particular "postcard") is fine, though. (It's just the "postcards" themselves that should be "on topic" as described.)

I'll start:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...54217152200714
    // tweet no longer available
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-19-2023 at 08:45 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems like said 'hate' only runs one way........

"Have students create TikTok videos, silent films or cartoons ..."

https://twitter.com/ThomasEWoods/sta...53790289506306
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-29-2022 at 06:08 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "When math students are asked to show their work, white supremacy is at work."
    Please tell me this is from The Onion.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Please tell me this is from The Onion.
    Nope. It's all too real - and it's actually being adopted and used in grade-school math classes.

James Lindsay has a long Twitter thread about it (with many other toe-curling examples) starting here: https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...44491796283393. Here's a sampling from the first entry in his thread:

The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so. Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate [sic] objectivity as well as fear of open conflict.

As noted in the last entry of Lindsay's thread, the source material can be found here: https://equitablemath.org/
    (specifically, in this PDF document: https://equitablemath.org/wp-content.../1_STRIDE1.pdf)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-18-2021 at 05:29 PM.

I dated a "teacher" a long time ago. Dumb as a sack of rocks. I asked her what is the Pythagorean theorem was. She had no idea, but could suck a golf ball out of a garden hose. (many, many, many garden hoses).

Those r the ones teaching our children.

Edit: looking back, I should have married her.
    Last edited by Danke; 02-18-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Harvard researchers claim COVID-19 wouldn't have been so bad if US paid reparations
    https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=16838
    Angela Morabito (17 February 2021)

Researchers at Harvard Medical School claim that reparations could have slashed coronavirus transmission by as much as 68 percent in Louisiana, had minority American households received as much as $850,000 each prior to the pandemic.

[...]

Activist suggests paying criminals not to kill to cut Baltimore crime rate
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/18/activi...ut-crime-rate/
    Lia Eustachewich (18 February 2021)

A convicted murderer-turned-community activist in Baltimore has a radical approach to combating the city’s stunning murder rate: Pay criminals not to kill.

[...]

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm closing this thread.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm closing this thread.
    Someone needs some ~hugs~

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:27 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That’s amazing news! We’ll all be able to spend Christmas with grandma again. Free by Christmas, masks are working!!!
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roundup.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	8023
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Harvard researchers claim COVID-19 wouldn't have been so bad if US paid reparations
    https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=16838
    Angela Morabito (17 February 2021)

Researchers at Harvard Medical School claim that reparations could have slashed coronavirus transmission by as much as 68 percent in Louisiana, had minority American households received as much as $850,000 each prior to the pandemic.

[...]

Name:	1613669841654.jpg 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	8024
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Name:	1613669841654.jpg 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	8024
    Not sure that post is allowed , but its why I'm considering joining a white supremacist group , you know so I can pay more taxes.
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm starting this thread as a place to post and gather various absurd/pathetic/stupid/etc. items of a political and/or sociological nature - things that make you want to (1) laugh, (2) cry, (3) roll your eyes, and/or (4) wish for the rousing of Cthulhu from his slumber so that he can come forth and devour the screaming souls of all mankind because swift destruction by the Sweet Meteor o' Death is just too good for them - but that don't really deserve separate threads of their own.

Please feel free to comment upon and contribute your own "Postcards from the Clown Show."

I'll start:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...54217152200714

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:29 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

I wonder if theres a handbook that explicitly explains what each and every one of these categories means.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:30 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I wonder if theres a handbook that explicitly explains what each and every one of these categories means.
    //

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:31 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Why Kendall Jenner is facing backlash for 'cultural appropriation' over new tequila company

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/kend...221340990.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

United Airlines Investigating Who Leaked Ted Cruz's Cancun Flight Info

https://www.newsweek.com/united-airl...t-info-1570711

By Daniel Villarreal On 2/19/21 at 11:00 PM EST

United Airlines has begun investigating who leaked Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz's flight information for his retrurn trip from Cancun, Mexico to Texas earlier this week.

Cruz faced widespread criticism for traveling to the Mexican beach spot while millions of his constituents in his home state went without power, water or heat amid severe winter storms. A few Texans have also died from weather-related causes during the storms.

Around noon on Thursday, Edward Russell, lead airlines reporter at the travel industry publication Skift, said on Twitter that a source at United Airlines told him that "Senator Ted Cruz rebooked his flight back to Houston from Cancun for this afternoon at around 6 a.m. today (Thursday)."
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ow...Jesus Christ!
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I dated a "teacher" a long time ago. Dumb as a sack of rocks. I asked her what is the Pythagorean theorem was. She had no idea, but could suck a golf ball out of a garden hose. (many, many, many garden hoses).

Those r the ones teaching our children.

Edit: looking back, I should have married her.
    I did...my first time at bat.

h/t @Danke.

He's me go to guy, now that POWM seems to have gone tits up.

I vote #4

Kim Kardashian Files for Divorce from Kanye West

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...om-kanye-west/

AP 19 Feb 2021

LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Kimye” is kaput.

Kim Kardashian West filed for divorce from Kanye West in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday after 6 1/2 years of marriage, court records show.

Kim Kardashian West filed for divorce from Kanye West Friday after 6 1/2 years of marriage, court records show. The move brings an impending end to one of the most followed celebrity unions of the 21st century — the marriage of a reality TV superstar and a hip-hop and fashion phenomenon with four kids, a vast fortune to split and even more fame.

The couple began dating in 2012 and had their first child in 2013. West proposed later that year using the giant screen at the empty waterfront ballpark of the San Francisco Giants, and the two married May 24, 2014, in a ceremony at a Renaissance fortress in Florence, Italy.

The beginning of the end of the marriage comes after the September announcement that the show that made her family’s name, “Keeping Up With The Kardashians,” was coming to an end in 2021 after 14 years.

It was the first marriage for the West, 43, and the third for Kardashian, 40. While the union wasn’t long, it outlasted the predictions of many cynics who thought doom was inevitable given the two oversized personalities, West’s well-known volatility and the fact that Kardashian’s previous marriage, to former NBA player Kris Humphries, was fleetingly brief.

Kardashian’s first marriage at age 19 in 2000 to music producer Damon Thomas lasted until 2004, and in 2011, she married Humphries in a heavily hyped wedding that was televised in a two-part special on “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”

She filed for divorce less than three months later, though was still legally married in 2012 when she and West, a friend for years who had paid tribute to her in his songs, became a couple, and she became pregnant.

Since the Humphries divorce, Kardashian has retained the services of perhaps the best-known divorce attorney in the country, Laura Wasser, dubbed the “Disso Queen” after representing clients that include Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp and Britney Spears. Wasser filed the divorce Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court. It was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.

Kardashian is a Los Angeles-area lifer, but West is from Chicago and spends much of his time, including many of the latter months of the marriage, at his ranch in Wyoming, and has said he wants his kids with him there.

Their four children are all 7 or under: North, age 7, Saint, age 5, Chicago, age 3, and Psalm, 21 months old.

Both Kardashian and West have have parlayed their initial fame — his for being a sought-after hip-hop producer and the rapper behind “Stronger” and “Gold Digger,” hers for becoming a reality TV star on a par with a movie star — into bigger endeavors, and have amassed considerable wealth with it.

West’s Yeezy fashion line, with its pricey clothing and coveted Adidas sneakers, has become as much part of his life and persona and his music. Kardashian went from famous socialite to major businesswoman, with mobile apps and games in her name, along with beauty products and clothes.

West has 30 million followers on Twitter, Kardashian has nearly 200 million on Instagram. Both are among the most posted-about people in the history of social media.

West was a vocal Donald Trump supporter who became a minor candidate for president last year; he ended up having little effect on the election. Kardashian has taken preliminary steps toward becoming a lawyer after devoting herself increasingly to freeing the unjustly imprisoned, which had led to meetings with Trump.

While their marriage was extremely high profile in some ways as two experts in self-promotion became a team, the two did not appear together in public all that frequently. And the inner workings of their marriage were usually a well-guarded secret that took years to spill out into public view. On “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” West appeared only occasionally, mostly serving as an oft-discussed off-screen character, and unlike other Kardashian couplings, viewers didn’t see even made-for-TV versions of fights or especially tender moments.

They had more than their share of globe-trotting, scene-making and controversy-stirring moments however, from a trip to Jerusalem for North’s baptism, to fashion weeks around the world including one in Paris where Kardashian was bound and robbed, to West’s years-long feud with Taylor Swift, which Kardashian got sucked into.

But their careers did not have much overlap, and they spent much of their married time far apart.

And her carefully curated persona stood in contrast to his erratic public moments that often resulted in wild statements and over-sharing tweet storms.

In one of these, since deleted, in July 2020, West said he had been trying to divorce Kardashian, that her mother Kris Jenner was a tyrant and that the family was trying to force him into psychiatric treatment.

Kardashian responded with a statement on Instagram, urging people to have compassion for West as he struggled with mental illness.

“He is a brilliant but complicated person who on top of the pressures of being an artist and a black man, who experienced the painful loss of his mother, and has to deal with that pressure and isolation that is heightened by his bi-polar disorder,” Kardashian said. “Those who are close with Kanye know his heart and understand his words some times do not align with his intentions.”

West has not tweeted since election night.

That news ruins my day, thanks a lot, AF
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

That news ruins my day, thanks a lot, AF
    Its $#@!ed up, what this country has come to.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast