Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 3201

Thread: Postcards from the Clown Show

I would say "this didn't age well", but it's Paul Krugman - so it goes without saying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/o...n-economy.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Hey, Reason! How's that whole "free minds, free markets" thing goin'?

Oh.

Oh, dear ...

https://twitter.com/reason/status/1539307932696731649
    I noticed people that are supposedly conservative or libertarian talking about how terrible an idea Biden’s tax holiday proposal is. Mostly on Fox Business. Some are making the case that it will make the price go down, and thus increase demand, which is bad.

I have pondered whether this is a partisan attack (anything Biden does is bad), if it’s stupidity, or if it reveals that these individuals are really shills using talking points given to them.

[Edit: the Reason article centers around the idea that the gas tax is like a user fee, and thus a lesser of evils among taxes. On second thought, and I have not heard this specifically mentioned, it could very well be a green agenda item, as they prepare for new ways to tax electric vehicles and gas efficient vehicles.]
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-22-2022 at 10:03 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

LOL is this what the Marxist maggots mean by being "inclusive"?

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Hey, Reason! How's that whole "free minds, free markets" thing goin'?

Oh.

Oh, dear ...

https://twitter.com/reason/status/1539307932696731649
    I can't be the first one...but it sure looks like it...ah-hem:

But muh ROADS???!!!

LoL, that rag has gone from outrage to a joke...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I would say "this didn't age well", but it's Paul Krugman - so it goes without saying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/o...n-economy.html
    Well, in his defense, a bomb does go boom and emits a lot of bright light.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    [Edit: the Reason article centers around the idea that the gas tax is like a user fee, and thus a lesser of evils among taxes. On second thought, and I have not heard this specifically mentioned, it could very well be a green agenda item, as they prepare for new ways to tax electric vehicles and gas efficient vehicles.]
    Bingo. A new tax-by-GPS-mile system is already being installed to replace the gas tax, thanks to the infrastructure bill that passed relatively unopposed while everyone was focusing on the 3trillion social bill. A very long stretch of I-85 between Charlotte and Greenville SC is under construction already and proudly displays a "Green Highway Corridor Initiative Project" sign at the start of the long stretch under construction. It is completely separate from the existing I-85 and will obviously be only for electric vehicles and use a tax-by-GPS-mile system. I'm sure there are many more like it under construction elsewhere.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Leftists assured us that drag queens were not pedophiles.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

But muh ROADS???!!!

That was my first reaction, too:

https://twitter.com/Occams_Banana/st...08157096681472

(Sake of variety is the only reason I didn't just repeat it here.)

But muh ROADS???!!!

That was my first reaction, too:

https://twitter.com/Occams_Banana/st...08157096681472

(Sake of variety is the only reason I didn't just repeat it here.)
    Quiet frankly, I am still a bit confused by the reaction to this. Even Rand Paul and Daniel McAdams on The Liberty Report are repeating the idea that a gas tax holiday is “bad” because it is not offset by spending reductions. We are all supporters of tax reductions, but since when does “balanced budgets” trump tax cuts?

We would all love to see a balanced budget and reduced spending, but reality says that will never happen, thus in the meantime, any tax cut is a good one.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-24-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What I like best about this is that they apparently felt they needed to put the "YOU" and "YOUR" in all-caps:

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-23-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Quiet frankly, I am still a bit confused by the reaction to this. Even Rand Paul and Daniel McAdams on The Liberty Report are repeating the idea that a gas tax holiday is “bad” because it is not offset by spending reductions. We are all supporters of tax reductions, but since when does “balanced budgets” trump tax cuts?

We would all love to see a balanced budget and reduced spending, but reality say that will never happen, thus in the meantime, any tax cut is a good one.
    My only guess is that it's a chance to criticize Biden coupled with the opportunity to advocate less spending.

I hope that's all it is. I don't have a problem with either of those things, but I'll have no truck with pissing on a tax cut (as opportunistic and temporary as it may be) just for the sake of indulging fantasies about "balancing" the federal budget (LOL).

Earlier today, I encountered a few references to something called "forced life".

Allow me to introduce you to what is apparently a new pro-abortion talking point:

https://twitter.com/thenation/status...75262707122177

We would all love to see a balanced budget and reduced spending, but reality say that will never happen, thus in the meantime, any tax cut is a good one.
    You know better than this. Any "tax cut" without a spending cut isn't a tax cut at all. It's just moving the taxes from one place to another to give politicians a way to say that they did something.

What we're really talking about here is if it's better to shift the tax burden to future debt and inflation and away from people driving the roads today. With the cost of fuel impacting our economy, I think you can make that case, but let's not let them call it a tax cut.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You know better than this. Any "tax cut" without a spending cut isn't a tax cut at all. It's just moving the taxes from one place to another to give politicians a way to say that they did something.

What we're really talking about here is if it's better to shift the tax burden to future debt and inflation and away from people driving the roads today. With the cost of fuel impacting our economy, I think you can make that case, but let's not let them call it a tax cut.
    That's only temporary, though. Then comes the tax-by-GPS scheme, adding tracking even to the vehicles of Luddites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is only true if you assume that the US will never hit bankruptcy.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Earlier today, I encountered a few references to something called "forced life".
    But hospitals will still be pretending that you don't have the right to refuse their treatments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Live Clown Show.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

We would all love to see a balanced budget and reduced spending, but reality says that will never happen, thus in the meantime, any tax cut is a good one.
    Exactly.

The finances of the US fedgov are a dumpster fire of galactic proportions.

There is debt in the trillions upon trillions that can never be re-paid.

Budgets and thrifty spending are insane jokes.

Anything that denies one single penny to the Marxist maggots in DC is fine by me.

Allow me to introduce you to what is apparently a new pro-abortion talking point:

https://twitter.com/thenation/status...75262707122177
    Ghouls.

These people are ghouls and they will have the state and it's proxies, toadies and minions $#@!ing kill you at the first opportunity.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-24-2022 at 11:47 PM.

Ghouls.
    https://twitter.com/ChiAbortionFund/...42841100177409

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    There's that damn white privilege again.
    Is there any topic that you can't somehow twist into a racial issue?
    (The editor who wrote this headline might need to be sent back to English class for a refresher.)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/oregon...hite-supremacy

Not a problem there, sugar britches.

I'm sure I can go the rest of my life without listening to whatever passes for "music" that blorps out of your foul pie hole.

Children Watch Nude Cyclists at Boy Scout-Led Seattle Pride Parade

Drag Queen Wearing Thong Twerks For Children at Pride Event in Alaska

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast