Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Postcards from the Clown Show

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:28 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In which current United States Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona demonstrates his science-following skills:

https://twitter.com/TracyBethHoeg/st...10250830774274
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:29 AM. Reason: replaced tweets with image

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:32 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    [/CENTER]
    Liquor store up in flame... I do hope they managed to rescue all the liquor from the building before.

Would be a damn shame otherwise.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

That sentence should have ended immediately after the words "ridiculous to ban".

That sentence should have ended immediately after the words "ridiculous to ban".
    Somebody doesn't trust science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You just can't satisfy these clowns.

A Sonic employee politely asks for this man's[1] pronouns.

Then the $#@! gets pissed off when the Sonic guy doesn't just guess them.

(And of course, if he guesses "wrong" ...)

This is just an excuse for petty control freaks to bully and badger other people.

They're not offended when you use the "wrong" pronouns. They get off on it.

Tweets hidden to save space:

[1] Yeah, that's right. I referred to this bozo as a "man". Come at me.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:33 AM.

A Sonic employee politely asks for this man's[1] pronouns. [...]
    Tick-tock, America.

Tick-tock.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-05-2021 at 06:12 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tick-tock, America.

Tick-tock.
    Meanwhile, in California (of course):

https://twitter.com/LambdaLegal/stat...69165304008706
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:35 AM. Reason: replaced tweets with image

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:36 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

The latest fulfilled prophecy from The Babylon Bee:

I love Sonic's response though. "We... take this very seriously.... and we have reached out to you via TikTok...." LOL
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There's that damn white privilege again.
    Is there any topic that you can't somehow twist into a racial issue?
    NPR accuses Dave Chappelle of using 'white privilege'

"Too often in The Closer, it just sounds like Chappelle is using white privilege to excuse his own homophobia and transphobia," wrote NPR television critic Eric Deggans.

NPR accuses Dave Chappelle of using 'white privilege'

"Too often in The Closer, it just sounds like Chappelle is using white privilege to excuse his own homophobia and transphobia," wrote NPR television critic Eric Deggans.
    Let me guess: All you read was the headline?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I wondered where your royal lineage originated. And here you make an appropriate appearance. "The Count of Clown World..." It does have a nice ring to it.
    Last edited by RJB; 10-07-2021 at 09:04 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I read the entire article, as well as Deggans' even longer one at npr.org.

Deggans has his panties in twist because he thinks Chapelle is "using white privilege" the wrong way.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-08-2021 at 04:21 AM. Reason: isn't ... right --> is ... wrong

Deggans has his panties in twist because he thinks Chapelle is "using white privilege" the wrong way.
    He thinks that Chappelle is "using white privilege" as a defense for why he can make fun of white people in a way that he doesn't think that black people should be made fun of.

In other words, he's calling Chappelle out on race-base hypocrisy.

I despise the way that the article is written, it's in essentially written in some weird alternate SJW-ish dialect that I find nearly impossible to read/understand, but I agree with the point that I think he's making.
    Last edited by TheCount; 10-08-2021 at 07:16 AM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

He thinks that Chappelle is "using white privilege" as a defense for why he can make fun of white people in a way that he doesn't think that black people should be made fun of.

I despise the way that the article is written, it's in essentially written in some weird alternate SJW-ish dialect that I find nearly impossible to read/understand, but I agree with the point that I think he's making.
    Wasn't hard for me to understand.

But lines like that assume that the struggle over oppression is a zero-sum game — that because some gay people have access to white privilege in America, all their concerns about stereotyping and marginalization are hollow and subordinate to what Black people face.

It ignores the fact that there are plenty of nonwhite gay people who face oppression for both their sexual orientation and their race. And, of course, opposing these public statements of homophobia isn't just about making gay people feel better; it's about keeping the anger and prejudice behind those words from becoming widely acceptable or turning into action.
    Based in self absorbed twaddle about "oppression".

Having a politically correct comic poke fun at you is not "oppression". And yes, that's all Chapelle is. How far would an Andrew Dice Clay, a Sam Kinison or even a Don Rickles get today, as white men cracking the same jokes?

No homosexual or colored person is oppressed in 2021 Amerika.

They are in places like Trashcanistan and China, where they throw in concentration camps or off high buildings.

That idiotic assumption "oh, we're so oppressed, oh how we struggle", that alone is worthy comedic satire and ridicule.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

That idiotic assumption "oh, we're so oppressed, oh how we struggle", that alone is worthy comedic satire and ridicule.
    Puts me in mind of this:

These people are actually using the thing on the right to sell the thing on the left.

It is funny. It's $#@!ing hilarious. And the most laughable thing is, it's working. The more we laugh at it, the more determined they are to make it happen.

But we're trapped. The only thing we can do is double down ourselves. Laugh HARDER!

He who laughs last laughs best--because he won. Let the meme war continue!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-08-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You do realize that you are attempting a serious conversation with a member of the royal family of the Clown Kingdom in a Clown World thread?

Wasn't hard for me to understand.

Based in self absorbed twaddle about "oppression".

Having a politically correct comic poke fun at you is not "oppression". And yes, that's all Chapelle is. How far would an Andrew Dice Clay, a Sam Kinison or even a Don Rickles get today, as white men cracking the same jokes?

No homosexual or colored person is oppressed in 2021 Amerika.

They are in places like Trashcanistan and China, where they throw in concentration camps or off high buildings.

Last edited by RJB; 10-08-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    You do realize that you are attempting a serious conversation with a member of the royal family of the Clown Kingdom in a Clown World thread?
    Is that a bannable offense?

I don't think it should be. It has the virtue of being politically incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is that a bannable offense?

I don't think it should be. It has the virtue of being politically incorrect.
    Naw, I might put a red bulbous nose on the eagle in my avatar and join him. I don't think we'll beat Clown World. Might as well join the circus.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Deggans is not calling out Chapelle for race-based hypocrisy. Nothing in Deggans' article indicates he would have any problem with Chapelle "mak[ing] fun of white people" as such (let alone that he thinks Chapelle is doing so "in a way that [...] black people should[n't] be made fun of"). If anything, it appears that Deggans would regard "mak[ing] fun of white people" as such as "punching up" and therefore unobjectionable (and not only unobjectionable, but the right way of "using white privilege").

Deggans is bitching about Chapelle mocking or making reference to white homosexuals and transsexuals (such as Caitlyn Jenner or the gay white man he almost got into a fight with at a night club) and then using the whiteness of his targets as some kind of get-out-of-jail-free card for his alleged homophobia/transphobia.

From the article:
    "In our country, you can shoot and kill a n*****," Chappelle says. "But you better not hurt a gay person's feelings."

[...] "If slaves had oil and booty shorts on, we might have been free 100 years sooner," he cracks.

But lines like that assume that the struggle over oppression is a zero-sum game — that because some gay people have access to white privilege in America, all their concerns about stereotyping and marginalization are hollow and subordinate to what Black people face.

It ignores the fact that there are plenty of nonwhite gay people who face oppression for both their sexual orientation and their race. And, of course, opposing these public statements of homophobia isn't just about making gay people feel better; it's about keeping the anger and prejudice behind those words from becoming widely acceptable or turning into action.

Too often in The Closer, it just sounds like Chappelle is using white privilege to excuse his own homophobia and transphobia.

[...]

"Gay people are minorities until they need to be white again," Chappelle says as the capper to a different story about his conflict with a white man at a nightclub who called the police. The comic says the man he nearly fought was gay.
    Deggans is upset that Chapelle, rather than "using [the] white privilege [of his targets]" to mock white people as such, is instead "using [the] white privilege [of his targets]" as cover to mock homosexuals and transsexuals. IOW: Deggans has his panties in twist because he thinks Chapelle is "using white privilege" the wrong way.

Welcome to the Intersectional Victimization Olympics. Judges, please have your score cards ready.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-08-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 06:41 AM.

hxxps://www.inquirer.com/opinion/why-term-legal-votes-is-racist-angry-grammarian-20201111.html

Meanwhile over in Airstrip One, the further entrenchment of Newspeak proceeds apace:

Quite possibly the most disturbing propaganda I've seen in a long time.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast