Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42

Thread: Run on Silver May Collapse Markets Within Weeks

  1. #1



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Silver eagles are currently being sold wholesale to dealers at 7 1/2 over spot down from 8 a week ago , junk silver 90 percent halves are being bought by these wholesalers at 29.50 per ounce or 21 times face . They then are marked up approx ten percent and sold to dealers who will mark it up ten percent again to sell retail putting halves at 35.70 per ounce retail.
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-18-2021 at 09:34 PM.
    Do something Danke

  4. #3
    How would that collapse the markets?

    What I see happening over the last 20-30 years is the federal reserve and us govt borrowing and printing every time the markets start to weaken. And they're borrowing/printing bigger amounts over shorter periods of time. Eventually the dollar is going to cave and we're going to get really high price inflation, maybe even hyper inflation. I know that's going to happen but I don't know how long it's going to take and what happens next. I think the rise in silver is just another indicator that price inflation is coming. I think what's really going to mess things up is oil. When gas prices start hitting $5-10 a gallon I think the end is near.

  5. #4
    Markets could collapse because the silver shorts likely can not afford to cover. These are not hedge funds but large investment houses like Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    How would that collapse the markets?

    What I see happening over the last 20-30 years is the federal reserve and us govt borrowing and printing every time the markets start to weaken. And they're borrowing/printing bigger amounts over shorter periods of time. Eventually the dollar is going to cave and we're going to get really high price inflation, maybe even hyper inflation. I know that's going to happen but I don't know how long it's going to take and what happens next. I think the rise in silver is just another indicator that price inflation is coming. I think what's really going to mess things up is oil. When gas prices start hitting $5-10 a gallon I think the end is near.
    i expect retail gas to move to 3 and 4 quickly , oil up another dollar today , one yr forecast 70.00 , nat gas over 3 , heating oil approaching 2 , copper near 4 . Retail gas here already pushing 2.70 as wholesale gasoline approaching 1.90 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-18-2021 at 09:50 PM.
    Do something Danke

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Meritocrat View Post
    Markets could collapse because the silver shorts likely can not afford to cover.
    Do you have data to back this up?

    The fact that you're talking about those large investment houses, combined with the fact that the amount of silver out there to buy is on a scale so many times larger than the market cap of GME makes it a lot harder to expect them not to be able to cover.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Do you have data to back this up?

    The fact that you're talking about those large investment houses, combined with the fact that the amount of silver out there to buy is on a scale so many times larger than the market cap of GME makes it a lot harder to expect them not to be able to cover.
    Not much out there to buy right now , none near the spot paper share price but you may be right that the market cap is smaller than people may expect .
    Do something Danke

  9. #8
    Silver down about a dollar from the last week pre blizzard price . Gold is cheap if you can find any. Wholesalers are buying Proof Gold Eagles at 345 over spot for sale to dealers ( at 8 percent over that or about 2290 at todays close) and common silver Eagle Proofs at 61 1/2 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-18-2021 at 09:44 PM.
    Do something Danke



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    I looked at some data given by Ed Steer, who is cited in the article. Most of the analysis here comes directly from him. The one thing I add is the idea that if a 1.9 trillion bill is passed, and the House is scheduled to vote on February 26, it is going to be EXCEEDINGLY DIFFICULT for the shorts to defend there position. Not only would they be adding 1.9 trillion in Federal Reserve notes, but the many green initiatives that would receive funding would require tons of silver that is already in short supply. As I note in the article, the Reddit group Wall Street Silver is just a small part of what is driving this squeeze. This is not a near bankrupt company like Gamestop, it is a hard asset held by individuals and institutions as a hedge against money printing.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not much out there to buy right now , none near the spot paper share price but you may be right that the market cap is smaller than people may expect .
    And in spite of that, the price has only doubled over the past year. Compare that to the way GME at its peak was up almost a hundredfold over a year prior.

    It just seems unlikely to me that a company like Bear Stearns can't hand this.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    And in spite of that, the price has only doubled over the past year. Compare that to the way GME at its peak was up almost a hundredfold over a year prior.

    It just seems unlikely to me that a company like Bear Stearns can't hand this.
    I dont see how they wouldnt be in a position to handle it . They should be making money off about everything else to cover losses there. Dow @ 31 1/2 K .
    Do something Danke

  14. #12
    28 seems to be where silver keeps reaching selloff of paper . If it can move to 28 and hold I think 29 and 30 will come. There still wont be much physical for sale though I imagine .
    Do something Danke

  15. #13
    Pretty soon online silver sales could be like 9MM and .223 ammo . People will offer you opportunities to pre order for six months later delivery .
    Do something Danke

  16. #14
    Silver has fluctuated ten percent from last nights Asian market to todays NY market from low to high . I'd like to see that stop certainly but I'm not expecting it .
    Do something Danke

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Pretty soon online silver sales could be like 9MM and .223 ammo . People will offer you opportunities to pre order for six months later delivery .
    Yes and take your money and never deliver.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Yes and take your money and never deliver.
    LOL , I'm sure ammo has reached that already
    Do something Danke



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    @Danke . I still have a little room here at my vast , secure storage facility if you want to keep your liquor , gold , silver and ammo here. No charge for you.
    Do something Danke

  21. #18
    Biden declares end of America First . If that doesnt push silver over 28 Sun night I dont know what will.
    Do something Danke

  22. #19
    Silver up to 27 3/4 so far this evening .
    Do something Danke

  23. #20
    People are over thinking the correction in gold and silver. The first trillion plus spending bill was signed into law on March 27 with silver a shade under $15. Another 900 billion in spending was approved on December 27 with silver at $25. Much of the appropriations have yet to be spent. The House is set to vote on the next on 1.9 trillion bill on Friday. Gold and Silver have priced in austerity that has zero change under a socialist regime.

  24. #21
    Certainly true that 1800 gold seems cheap , but like 27 1/2 silver you cant get any for that .
    Do something Danke

  25. #22
    reached as high as 27.91 so far today . I was hoping for the push over 28
    Do something Danke

  26. #23
    I bought AGQ today. Will exit if it trades much below the low of the day. Don't love the trade because everyone else is looking at it but worth a try. One of these times likely to catch a nice trend in silver.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Meritocrat View Post
    [FONT="]People are over thinking the correction in gold and silver. The first trillion plus spending bill was signed into law on March 27 with silver a shade under $15. Another 900 billion in spending was approved on December 27 with silver at $25. [/FONT][FONT="]Much of the appropriations have yet to be spent. [/FONT] The House is set to vote on the next on 1.9 trillion bill on Friday. Gold and Silver have priced in austerity that has zero change under a socialist regime.
    March 27 of what year? We've had trillion plus spending bills since 2009 haven't we?

    Not sure your point (maybe we agree) but the I think we've borrowed about 20 trillion and printed 6 trillion when silver was $15 back around 2008. Since we increased the money supply by 7 times silver ought to be roughly $100 an ounce.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Since we increased the money supply by 7 times silver ought to be roughly $100 an ounce.
    Are you talking about the M1 money supply?

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Are you talking about the M1 money supply?
    M0 or monetary base which as far as I know is virtually the same as the Fed's balance sheet.

    I think M0 is the most important because it's the base that drives all the other money supply measurements.

  31. #27
    Tomorrow is key . Went through 28 today . If it closes over 28 tomorrow in the next couple weeks is a good shot to go through 29 and hit 30. The real price of silver is reflected right now in silver eagle premiums which is 7 1/2 FRN's over spot wholesale to dealers and ten percent added for retail brings it just over 39 ea , Proofs 62 and 69ish buy and sell .
    Do something Danke

  32. #28
    Madison, On March 27, 2020 a 900 billion appropriations bill was passed. That was the highest spending bill ever in nominal terms. Silver nearly doubled and gold hit an all time high. Since that time both the metals pulled back. Many people, myself included are a little baffled by the extent and duration of the pull back. However it does makes sense. A lot of money appropriated has yet to be spent. When the first ever trillion plus spending bill is passed this year (we should see this in early March) the bottom of the correction will be put in.

    AND

    The 8 investment houses and bullion banks short nearly half of all silver, platinum and gold traded on the Comex will no longer be able to defend their positions. Silver is likely to be squeezed beyond an all time high, along with platinum and gold.

    By the way, I have called the bottom of gold in 2017 and the breakout of gold in 2019. You can search my name Charles Stampul on Linkedin or Facebook to see.

    I see the key date for a short squeeze as February 26, because this is when the House is scheduled to vote on Biden's 1.9 package. If the House is more or less on board with the Senates bill, and it looks like the bill will get done soon, ITS ON for the following Monday. I would not be surprised to see an all time high in silver on Monday March 1 and $100 by the end of the month.

    Krugminator2, I think you are good with AGQ. Although WallStreet Silver discourages people from buying any security other than PSLV, because only PSLV holds all the silver they say they do, I think any silver equity helps the cause. I personally will never buy an ETF because you are essentially paying to hold them and this eats away the gain over time. They are only good for a very short term trade.
    Last edited by Meritocrat; 02-23-2021 at 03:01 AM.

  33. #29
    Silver not looking so hot but still have it. Bought a bunch of soybeans today.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Meritocrat View Post
    Madison, On March 27, 2020 a 900 billion appropriations bill was passed. That was the highest spending bill ever in nominal terms. Silver nearly doubled and gold hit an all time high. Since that time both the metals pulled back. Many people, myself included are a little baffled by the extent and duration of the pull back. However it does makes sense. A lot of money appropriated has yet to be spent. When the first ever trillion plus spending bill is passed this year (we should see this in early March) the bottom of the correction will be put in.

    AND

    The 8 investment houses and bullion banks short nearly half of all silver, platinum and gold traded on the Comex will no longer be able to defend their positions. Silver is likely to be squeezed beyond an all time high, along with platinum and gold.

    By the way, I have called the bottom of gold in 2017 and the breakout of gold in 2019. You can search my name Charles Stampul on Linkedin or Facebook to see.

    I see the key date for a short squeeze as February 26, because this is when the House is scheduled to vote on Biden's 1.9 package. If the House is more or less on board with the Senates bill, and it looks like the bill will get done soon, ITS ON for the following Monday. I would not be surprised to see an all time high in silver on Monday March 1 and $100 by the end of the month.

    Krugminator2, I think you are good with AGQ. Although WallStreet Silver discourages people from buying any security other than PSLV, because only PSLV holds all the silver they say they do, I think any silver equity helps the cause. I personally will never buy an ETF because you are essentially paying to hold them and this eats away the gain over time. They are only good for a very short term trade.
    I thought Obama's first spending bill was higher but you're probably right. It's hard for me to tell when they pass bills, it sounded like they passed the 1.9 bill like 5 times already when you read the headlines.

    What's the difference between PSLV and SLV?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 02:29 PM
  2. European Markets are going to collapse tomorrow.
    By Vessol in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 09:06 PM
  3. Silver markets...
    By psalm82x3 in forum Personal Prosperity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:47 PM
  4. could the dollar collapse in the next two weeks?
    By cbc58 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
  5. Markets to Collapse
    By american.swan in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 12:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •