Thread: Texas under winter storm warning for first time in history

Texas under winter storm warning for first time in history

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    who cares
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

My mother lives in Texas. She said the roads were a sheet of ice.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

For the first time in history? Seriously?

Um, people. Texas extends to within a hundred miles of Colorado.

I was in Amarillo in December. Snow was blowing sideways.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-16-2021 at 09:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Global warming.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Global warming.
    Sign me up for some of that.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Gee, I remember getting about a foot of snow north of Dallas back in '84 or '85.

I had a Blazer and I was the only one out and about. for a day or two because no one down there had 4wd back then.

Life didn't end.

Wait a minute here...I call serious bull$#@!.

I've worked out of Texas and the wife's family is all from Texas, and I have seen numerous winter storm warnings before, for snow, ice, freezing rain and cold.

Maybe they meant the whole state at once?

ETA - Yes, at 20 seconds in, that was what they meant, that the whole state was under some sort of winter storm warning.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-16-2021 at 09:58 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It's cnbc. You know. Completely nationalized bull crap.

They seem to think Texas is a narrow strip extending from Beaumont to El Paso. It extends to within a hundred miles of freaking Colorado.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-16-2021 at 10:01 AM.

I've worked out of Texas and the wife's family is all from Texas, and I have seen numerous winter storm warnings before, for snow, ice, freezing rain and cold.

ETA - Yes, at 20 seconds in, that was what they meant, that the whole state was under some sort of winter storm warning.
    I think that TheTexas has grown a pussy.

For that matter, here in Missouri, they over-hype every weather event and call warnings and alerts all the time.

They cancel pubic skool at the drop of a hat for any reason.

Not that that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    My mother lives in Texas. She said the roads were a sheet of ice.
    Can confirm.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

LOL @Global Warming

I saw snow in Miami,,and Flakes in the air on the overseas Highway.

Rare but happens. and everyone is getting some.
    As a born Yooper I find it Humorous mostly.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

My son lives in Galveston and it is said they haven't had snow/ice there for something like 12 years.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

We live in the central TX suburbs, going in 25 years now.

We get a big snow or ice storm once every year or two.

This is the worst we've seen since we moved here. Feels like the winter equivalent of a 50 year flood.

Our neighborhood has been without electricity since 5am or so Monday., despite the power supplier claiming (still) that we would lose power for 15 min to an hour at a time to avoid widespread outages.

Its been an adventure, especially with an 86 year old mother-in-law with dementia, and a 13 day old grandkid in the house.

Good thing we have a gas fireplace and outdoor grill. Gonna get a bit more challenging if this keeps up a couple more days...

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    We live in the central TX suburbs, going in 25 years now.

We get a big snow or ice storm once every year or two.

This is the worst we've seen since we moved here. Feels like the winter equivalent of a 50 year flood.

Our neighborhood has been without electricity since 5am or so Monday., despite the power supplier claiming (still) that we would lose power for 15 min to an hour at a time to avoid widespread outages.

Its been an adventure, especially with an 86 year old mother-in-law with dementia, and a 13 day old grandkid in the house.

Good thing we have a gas fireplace and outdoor grill. Gonna get a bit more challenging if this keeps up a couple more days...
    The silver lining in this could be a great opportunity for you and your neighbors to come together and help one another. The globalists hate that!

My son in Galveston has no electricity either. He is out helping his neighbors build rocket stoves so they can get some heat and cook a meal.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The silver lining in this could be a great opportunity for you and your neighbors to come together and help one another. The globalists hate that!

My son in Galveston has no electricity either. He is out helping his neighbors build rocket stoves so they can get some heat and cook a meal.
    Great point. We tend to keep to ourselves. I've offered up the grill to anyone who wants to try and use it. A couple of neighbors have already helped us get our cars unstuck and get the newborn to an in-law's house that has power.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.