Thread: CZ Group group buys Colt Manufacturing for $220M.

CZ Group group buys Colt Manufacturing for $220M.

CZG-Ceska Zbrojovka Group said on Thursday it would acquire group Colt Holding Company for $220 million and CZG shares as the Czech gunmaker expands in the larger U.S. market.

CZG, whose firearms include CZ (Ceska Zbrojovka), Dan Wesson and Brno Rifles, is active already in the United States and building a factory in Little Rock, Arkansas.

The Czech group said it would acquire 100% in Colt Holding, the parent of Colt’s Manufacturing Company and a Canadian subsidiary, for the cash consideration and 1.099 million pieces of newly issued CZG stock.

The combination of the two gun makers creates a half billion dollar firearms manufacturing giant that will be approximately the same size as Ruger.

“With this strategic move, CZG will acquire significant production capacity in the United States and Canada and substantially expand its global customer base,” CZG said, adding Colt was a traditional supplier to military and law enforcement, a target customer group for the Czech group.

For those who are fans of the rampant pony, this should be seen as a positive move. While having an iconic American brand owned by a foreign firm may be jarring to some, CZ has a well-deserved reputation for producing excellent products and delivering good customer service.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/do...on-and-shares/
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-15-2021 at 03:36 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    $220 Million
    Lol. Yeah. Correction made to Title.

My wife is an avid collector of CZ firearms (she has several different pistol models from them ranging in .22, 9mm, and .45 ACP), and to be honest...I'd never heard of CZ before meeting her. But they are seriously high quality firearms, very reliable, very accurate, and very durable.

I agree with the OP article......this is a good thing for Colt firearms.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Something that may be of interest to Pete one day is CZ-USA does make a left hand bolt 308 Win rifle . I dont own any CZ weapons they do make some nice looking shotguns . A little too pricey for me for a bird hunter ( I could just buy a used Browning or Franchi )and I have never seen them reviewed but I have been using some Sellier and Bellot Ammo for years and it is made in the Czech .
    Do something Danke

This co may now be the same size as Ruger but I would expect they'll have more offerings than Ruger and from people I talk with Ruger semi auto handguns are not much competition for anyone although personally I'm always more interested in rifles above .22 cal and shotguns .
    Do something Danke