Thread: Biden declares war on 2nd Amendment

Biden declares war on 2nd Amendment

Presented without comment (bold emphasis added).

Statement by the President Three Years After the Parkland Shooting
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...land-shooting/
    The White House (14 February 2021)

Three years ago today, a lone gunman took the lives of 14 students and three educators at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. In seconds, the lives of dozens of families, and the life of an American community, were changed forever.

For three years now, the Parkland families have spent birthdays and holidays without their loved ones. They’ve missed out on the experience of sending their children off to college or seeing them on their first job after high school. Like far too many families, they’ve had to bury pieces of their soul deep within the Earth. Like far too many families — and, indeed, like our nation — they’ve been left to wonder whether things would ever be okay.

These families are not alone. In big cities and small towns. In schools and shopping malls. In churches, mosques, synagogues, and temples. In movie theaters and concert halls. On city street corners that will never get a mention on the evening news. All across our nation, parents, spouses, children, siblings, and friends have known the pain of losing a loved one to gun violence. And in this season of so much loss, last year’s historic increase in homicides across America, including the gun violence disproportionately devastating Black and Brown individuals in our cities, has added to the number of empty seats at our kitchen tables. Today, as we mourn with the Parkland community, we mourn for all who have lost loved ones to gun violence.

Over these three years, the Parkland families have taught all of us something profound. Time and again, they have showed us how we can turn our grief into purpose – to march, organize, and build a strong, inclusive, and durable movement for change.

The Parkland students and so many other young people across the country who have experienced gun violence are carrying forward the history of the American journey. It is a history written by young people in each generation who challenged prevailing dogma to demand a simple truth: we can do better. And we will.

This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/AnarchoCanadian/...69908667355138

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...36993865187333

I thought Democrats had already declared war on the 2nd Amendment.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Biden couldn't go to war with a room full of stuffed animals, and that's after he's taken his Geritol and dementia meds...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

The impeachment circus has only been over for like a day.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Is he banning these assault weapons? Or just our assault weapons?

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Is it time yet?
    Long past time.

You watch how many crimp and fold faster than a Chinese laundry when the confiscation orders come down.

Nothing but a bunch of expensive door stops.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Is he banning these assault weapons? Or just our assault weapons?

Of course not theirs.

Just the terrorists.

Like this guy:

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Long past time.

You watch how many crimp and fold faster than a Chinese laundry when the confiscation orders come down.

Hopefully I can find them first and offer to buy at a pittance.

Long past time.

It is imperative that people in their communities plan for this now in case an order ever comes so no one will be fighting alone. People are less likely to fold when they are in numbers.

What we are facing now is the right still being led on the leash by what the elites decide to be the outrage for the news cycle for the day or week. Whether it is focusing the right still on Trump who holds no power now and was the man that passed an EO to infringe on our gun rights or some other deemed immediately important news which is not so important as gun rights. Distractions to ensure the right does not organize against anything and rather spend all their time spinning their wheels on whatever nonsense in the news cycle the elites put before them.

If people are not prepared in advance I think this is how it will go down. They will either fold like you describe and the news media will have a field day of a propaganda piece about the lone gunman that refused to comply and took out a couple of cops in the process.

The news media will then use the families of the cops killed, showing them and children crying, endless clean cut pictures of the dead cops in uniform (using the most green looking picture they could find, like when they first joined the force even if it was 20 years ago for maximum pulling on your heart strings impact. Maybe even the wife or child crying while holding the picture ), then showing community candle light vigils and some angry people yelling about how he could he do this.

Talk about bad optics setting an example against others for doing the same. That is what the news media does to condition people to defend the laws-state the elites put in place and their law enforcement apparatus.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It is imperative that people in their communities plan for this now in case an order ever comes so no one will be fighting alone. People are less likely to fold when they are in numbers.
    Network with neighbors. That is Level I Activism, Personal Interaction. 2nd Amendment supporters aren't hard to suss out. They usually display their support on their bumper sticker. There's usually an American and POW/MIA flag flying in their yard. I've met several that all live within a half mile of me by striking up conversation at the local gun range. I have built on my two closest neighbors and am now up to 7. But, I believe I could easily triple that number within a mile of my home. I've got their number and they've got mine and we have all shared with each other a "call me if you need me" outlook. But, it's time to ramp that up to the triple level. Perhaps a good BBQ come summer.
    If you have a Sheriff make sure it is the right kind. A 2nd Amendment supporter. That is Level II Activism, Local Community Interaction. I've met our Sheriff several times. He seems to have his head in the right place. On one meeting I offered him an Sheriff Mack book. He smiled and said he had met Mack and had a signed copy. Can't be for sure if he was $#@!ting me, but he seemed to recognized the book off the bat.

I have started a Committee of Safety in my local area.

I suggest that everybody else here do the same, either a Committee of Safety or Committee of Correspondence.

I have started a Committee of Safety in my local area.

I suggest that everybody else here do the same, either a Committee of Safety or Committee of Correspondence.
    I recommend the same.. and there are such here... and have been practiced in responding to antifa actions,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/AnarchoCanadian/status/1361069908667355138

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...36993865187333
    https://twitter.com/futurism/status/1362082790154600455
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-17-2021 at 06:57 PM.

no immunity for firearms manufacturers, but for vaccines? You bet!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    no immunity for firearms manufacturers, but for vaccines? You bet!
    Oh it's worse than that.

The law that protects firearms makers applies only to third party actions utterly outside the scope of control of the original manufacturer.

If you bought a new firearm and a month later the barrel blew apart due to faulty machining, you most certainly can sue.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

What we are facing now is the right still being led on the leash by what the elites decide to be the outrage for the news cycle for the day or week. Whether it is focusing the right still on Trump who holds no power now and was the man that passed an EO to infringe on our gun rights or some other deemed immediately important news which is not so important as gun rights. Distractions to ensure the right does not organize against anything and rather spend all their time spinning their wheels on whatever nonsense in the news cycle the elites put before them.

If people are not prepared in advance I think this is how it will go down. They will either fold like you describe and the news media will have a field day of a propaganda piece about the lone gunman that refused to comply and took out a couple of cops in the process.

The news media will then use the families of the cops killed, showing them and children crying, endless clean cut pictures of the dead cops in uniform (using the most green looking picture they could find, like when they first joined the force even if it was 20 years ago for maximum pulling on your heart strings impact. Maybe even the wife or child crying while holding the picture ), then showing community candle light vigils and some angry people yelling about how he could he do this.

Talk about bad optics setting an example against others for doing the same. That is what the news media does to condition people to defend the laws-state the elites put in place and their law enforcement apparatus.
    Count on it...that's not guess, that's a certainty.

They know every little detail of effective, scientific propaganda up to how and in what key to compose the somber background music so as to tug at the heart and fog the mind most effectively.

Our job will be to dismiss all that and continue to take the fight right to them.

The time has long past that we need to cease worrying about how we appear to our enemies.

The optics of 2020's riots could not have been worse for the Bolshie Marxists.

And yet, they won, they took all three branches of government, they have taken in BILLIONS in donations, they have made standing armies stand down.

"Do what we say or we will hurt you and $#@! your $#@! up" works in today's climate.

"Do what we say or we will hurt you and $#@! your $#@! up" works in today's climate.
    Seems to me, its basically,

"Do what we say or we will destroy you personally, professionally, and financially. And/or just hurt you."

Even for the smallest thing (beep/bop/boop).
    - Kim Kardashian