Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Rand Paul: 53% approval rating in Kentucky, 82% among Republicans...

  1. #1

    Rand Paul: 53% approval rating in Kentucky, 82% among Republicans...

    68% among independents, and 24% among Dems.


    Mason-Dixon poll: Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is in good shape for reelection next year

    Morgan Watkins
    February 12, 2021

    Sen. Rand Paul is well-positioned to get reelected next year, according to a new poll from Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy.

    Of 625 registered voters across Kentucky, 53% said they approved of the junior senator's job performance, and 47% said they'd vote to give him another six-year term in Congress if Election Day happened right now.

    Comparatively, 41% of the people polled said they'd vote to replace him with a Democrat and 12% said they'd be undecided if Paul's election was imminent. (It's actually well over a year-and-a-half away.)

    Mason-Dixon's new poll also gathered data on approval ratings for two other big-time Kentucky politicians: Gov. Andy Beshear and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

    ...
    read more:
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ws/6729324002/



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    What about term limits???


    For context, Rand won both of his previous elections with about 57%.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  4. #3
    It won't do him any good if he doesn't pursue the fraud in the last election.
    Dominion got rid of Bevin and they will get him too.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #4
    I've never been a ranfan but can someone give context to tell me if this is an improvement or if this is a bad sign?

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It won't do him any good if he doesn't pursue the fraud in the last election.
    Dominion got rid of Bevin and they will get him too.
    One can pursue fraud without making exaggerated claims. That is what Rand is doing. You can't just walk into court with bvllshyt like "Trump won by the largest landslide in history....but I won't give you an actual number of votes that I think he won by."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  7. #6
    Rand Paul in 2010 had talked of wanting two terms, of not being a D.C institution or fixture,
    but it sounds like term 3 is his for the taking, if he so desires. Mitch McConnell was reelected.

  8. #7

  9. #8
    and...
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    We need more people in the Senate willing to vote for term limits who also do not follow those rules until they are passed, because otherwise we will never have enough people in the Senate who support term limits.

    Good job, Rand.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    We need more people in the Senate willing to vote for term limits who also do not follow those rules until they are passed, because otherwise we will never have enough people in the Senate who support term limits.

    Good job, Rand.
    Term limits, campaign finance reform, balanced budget amendments, etc. are all a complete and utter waste of time.

    At best, they are empty "feel good" measures that will rearrange deck chairs, but will do absolutely nothing to reduce the scope and power of government.


    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Term limits, campaign finance reform, balanced budget amendments, etc. are all a complete and utter waste of time.

    At best, they are empty "feel good" measures that will rearrange deck chairs, but will do absolutely nothing to reduce the scope and power of government.
    Campaign finance reform usually means limiting free speech.

    Term limits make it more difficult for longtime incumbents with a lot of political power to remain in power. It's not a solution, but it helps.

    Balanced budget amendments are typically filled with loopholes, but the concept is solid.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  14. #12
    I think the states should start paying the reps rather than the federal government then they would be more accountable to the people who elect them.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Campaign finance reform usually means limiting free speech.
    It also means that lobbyists and special interests will try to find other ways to buy & sell influence to get around the "reforms" - and they will always succeed.

    This is why campaign finance reforms are just pointless deck-chair rearranging.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Term limits make it more difficult for longtime incumbents with a lot of political power to remain in power. It's not a solution, but it helps.
    The very few good ones will be lost to the constant churn, while the number of mediocre and bad ones won't change at all (they'll just be replaced by other mediocre and bad ones). Term limits will also make it even easier than it already is for longtime lobbyists and special interests (who won't be term-limited) to remain in power and continue using their experience and connections.

    This is why term limits are just pointless deck-chair rearranging.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Balanced budget amendments are typically filled with loopholes, but the concept is solid.
    Exactly - loopholes will be added, exemptions will be made, line-items will be taken "off budget" just to get around restrictions, etc.

    This is why balanced budget schemes are just pointless deck-chair rearranging.



    The problem is that the government has too much power. That is why it attracts so many politicians who are willing to sell influence and so many lobbyists and special interests that are willing to buy influence. The only things that campaign finance reforms, term limits and balanced budget schemes will affect are the identities of the influence sellers and the methods of the influence buyers. Nothing else will change, because as I said before, those policies, as nice as they sound, will do absolutely nothing to reduce the scope and power of government.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Term limits, campaign finance reform, balanced budget amendments, etc. are all a complete and utter waste of time.

    At best, they are empty "feel good" measures that will rearrange deck chairs, but will do absolutely nothing to reduce the scope and power of government.
    True. Just as liberals seem to think government is the only solution, conservatives seem to think government is the only problem. Term limits aren't worth a flip if political machines keep putting in pretty much the same candidate time after time. (For example we have term limits for POTUS). Balanced budget amendments? That won't effective as long as the welfare state props of the warfare state. Campaign finance reform? What is that in the face of corporate monopolies over news and now social media? How much money did Biden get if biased coverage was counted as an in-kind contribution?

    What is needed is a bigger emphasis on solutions outside of government. Change the people and the government will change. Look at Texas where the mayor had to resign after saying that "only the strong will survive" and "quit whining" in the wake of power outages from the ice storm. Well....what had he done before the ice storm to encourage people to be independent from the grid? And instead of being an ass once the disaster hit, he could have said "We'll get through this emergency, but in the future individuals need to seriously think about personal emergency backup power and heating systems." And that is something that people will have to do anyway.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    True. Just as liberals seem to think government is the only solution, conservatives seem to think government is the only problem. Term limits aren't worth a flip if political machines keep putting in pretty much the same candidate time after time. (For example we have term limits for POTUS). Balanced budget amendments? That won't effective as long as the welfare state props of the warfare state. Campaign finance reform? What is that in the face of corporate monopolies over news and now social media? How much money did Biden get if biased coverage was counted as an in-kind contribution?

    What is needed is a bigger emphasis on solutions outside of government. Change the people and the government will change. Look at Texas where the mayor had to resign after saying that "only the strong will survive" and "quit whining" in the wake of power outages from the ice storm. Well....what had he done before the ice storm to encourage people to be independent from the grid? And instead of being an ass once the disaster hit, he could have said "We'll get through this emergency, but in the future individuals need to seriously think about personal emergency backup power and heating systems." And that is something that people will have to do anyway.
    Exactly. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.



Similar Threads

  1. Rand Paul's approval rating in Kentucky
    By Warlord in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-16-2019, 09:48 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 07:53 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 10:08 AM
  4. Rand has a 53% approval rating in Kentucky
    By Brett85 in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
  5. Ron Paul 84% job approval rating
    By Knightskye in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •