Thread: No US Deaths In Afghanistan! Will Biden Stick To Trump's Exit Plan?

No US Deaths In Afghanistan! Will Biden Stick To Trump's Exit Plan?

No US Deaths In Afghanistan! Will Biden Stick To Trump's Exit Plan?

This week marks the first 12 month period in two decades in which there have been no US combat deaths in Afghanistan. The Trump Administration signed an agreement for complete withdrawal by May if the Taliban ends attacks. Will Biden stick to the deal? Also today: Florida update and more...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watch all the trolls pile into this thread to call Ron a liar and say Trump wasn't ending wars and bringing troops home.

Or not, the mods might actually do something about them then.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

We'll see if it happens. By election time, right after he's elected, by March, by May. Great if it happens. We'll see.

Granted the no deaths doesn't include civilians killed by drones. I believe drone attacks increased with the last administration. Hopefully the drone strikes will end and the drones being used after we leave wont have our name on it.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-11-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Watch all the trolls pile into this thread to call Ron a liar and say Trump wasn't ending wars and bringing troops home.

While I am opposed to illegitimate war (killing for profit), they were too busy globalizing the new MIC (medical industrial complex) and simply couldn't be side-tracked. Your man helped fund Gates' Globalist Agenda to the tune of trillions and trillions, and now that Operation Warp Speed has been successfully accomplished and being rolled out under Biden, the strings will now be loosened.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    While I am opposed to illegitimate war (killing for profit), they were too busy globalizing the new MIC (medical industrial complex) and simply couldn't be side-tracked. Your man helped fund Gates' Globalist Agenda to the tune of trillions and trillions, and now that Operation Warp Speed has been successfully accomplished and being rolled out under Biden, the strings will now be loosened.
    Trump had no choice regarding the vaccine, everything would have happened exactly as it did without him but his victory might not have been large enough to expose the election fraud.
    The ending of the wars and the bringing of the troops home would not have happened without him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Uh....says the same guy who calls Ron Paul wrong when Ron doesn't spout his POV.
    There is no spoon.

The ending of the wars and the bringing of the troops home would not have happened without him.
    In what fantasy world did it happen with him?
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Uh....says the same guy who calls Ron Paul wrong when Ron doesn't spout his POV.
    Everyone is wrong sometimes.
    That has nothing to do with the trolls blatantly lying and calling the truth a lie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Everyone is wrong sometimes.
    That has nothing to do with the trolls blatantly lying and calling the truth a lie.
    Talking about yourself again?

You said ending wars. Plural. What other war did Trump sign an agreement to end?

You also said he was bringing troops home. You already had your nose rubbed in the fact that the number overseas stayed constant, yet here you are reiterating your lie in a different thread. And popping up with combative garbage that adds nothing to the discussion, as usual.

Ender's right, as usual. No currently active member has called Ron Paul wrong as often as you.

ANYwho.....

If the DNC was smart, they'd bring 'em all home and take the credit for ending the Afghan war. I don't see much downside for them, they're going to start a few new wars, anyhow, so the MIC can get paid. Might as well end this one and take out a new loan for the next ones. And then they can be the party that ended the war. That message ought to sell for a decade or two.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    ANYwho.....

If the DNC was smart, they'd bring 'em all home and take the credit for ending the Afghan war. I don't see much downside for them, they're going to start a few new wars, anyhow, so the MIC can get paid. Might as well end this one and take out a new loan for the next ones. And then they can be the party that ended the war. That message ought to sell for a decade or two.
    There's one downside. China's paying Congress well to destroy our currency printing to pay our soldiers to protect their mining operations and their western border.

Thank you for your service protecting our freedumbz.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    There's one downside. China's paying Congress well to destroy our currency printing to pay our soldiers to protect their mining operations and their western border.

Thank you for your service protecting our freedumbz.
    So what, so we get the red side to go back in when they get back power in a few years... They can blame the dems for not doing the job... It'll be an easy play after a terrorist incident anywhere in the world.
    China gets what they want. The DNC gets what they want. The RNC gets what they want.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Talking about yourself again?

You said ending wars. Plural. What other war did Trump sign an agreement to end?

You also said he was bringing troops home. You already had your nose rubbed in the fact that the number overseas stayed constant, yet here you are reiterating your lie in a different thread. And popping up with combative garbage that adds nothing to the discussion, as usual.

Ender's right, as usual. No currently active member has called Ron Paul wrong as often as you.
    I have posted many examples of Trump ending wars and bringing troops home.
    He was getting us out of Iraq and Syria, he got us out of Somalia, he brought thousands of troops home from Okinawa and Germany, the list goes on and on.
    And nobody proved the number overseas stayed constant, you and the other trolls just asserted that but it is impossible because we saw Trump bring many more troops home than he ever sent out.

You liars are boring.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    ANYwho.....

China enjoys out meddling in Afghanistan because it diverts Islamic fundamentalists away from them. Therefore China Joe isn't about to pull troops out.

From one standpoint this is pure MEH. The moment we withdraw, Taliban or whatever new crop of homosexual mujahedeen happens to be laying about at the time, will likely get to work in short order. This is a religious war. You don't end those usually, save that you either occupy the territories forever, or you genocide your enemy. The freaks are not abandoning their jihad just because some dick scratched his mark on a scroll.

So in that sense, Trump accomplished nothing and should get no overly kind praise. What he should be credited with is having given us a structured and clear avenue of escape from a situation in which we should not have found ourselves in the first place. Bravo on that count.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

Whoa, not quite so fast. I cannot say Trump's innocent in that issue, but neither can I say he is guilty. I suspect the same goes for you. His decisions are only as good as the information he has at hand.

It seems clear to me, if outward indications are to be trusted, that Trump is a patriot of the philosophically-limited variety. His intentions are on the money - his basic posture is that of liberty, but his understanding of authority is amiss. Like myself, he grew up in military schools, so I may have some insight into his world view that most people do not. He likely believes in liberty, but holds a hobbled definition of what that means. We were endlessly taught the virtues of freedom and so forth, but were likewise taught the virtues of "government" - differently from most people mind you, but still maintaining the basic subtext of authority. Given that, his actions come into clearer focus. They may still be misguided to one degree or another, but one cannot quite so easily attribute them to malice.

My only kind recommendation here is to be careful before reaching conclusions.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.