Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The orginal "cultural cancelers" come after Springsteen and his Jeep commercial

Exclamation The orginal "cultural cancelers" come after Springsteen and his Jeep commercial

Mothers Against Drunk Driving Outraged Bruce Springsteen DWI Arrest Wasn’t Revealed Before He Drove a ‘Jeep in a High Priced Super Bowl Commercial’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...wl-commercial/

David Ng 10 Feb 2021

Mothers Against Drunk Driving has expressed outrage over the fact that Bruce Springsteen’s drunk driving arrest in November wasn’t revealed until after the rock star’s Super Bowl commercial for Jeep aired on Sunday.

The advocacy group blasted New Jersey authorities in a statement on Wednesday, saying that victims of drunk driving “deserve better.”

“Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is outraged to learn that Bruce Springsteen was arrested three months ago for drunk and reckless driving,” said Alex Otte, MADD National President, in a statement to Breitbart News. “The fact that this arrest was not revealed by authorities in New Jersey until after Springsteen’s appearance driving a Jeep in a high-priced Super Bowl commercial is infuriating.”

Otte continued:

“Drunk driving is the number one killer on America’s roads. The 10,000 people killed and 300,000 people who are injured every year deserve better. Victims and families deserve for every drunk driving offense to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law as a violent, 100% preventable crime every time. No excuses, no exceptions.”

New Jersey authorities confirmed on Wednesday that Springsteen was arrested in November and charged with DWI as well as reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area. The arrest occurred at Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, New Jersey.

The revelation came just three days after Jeep aired its high-profile Super Bowl commercial starring Bruce Springsteen.

The two-minute spot features the anti-Trump singer promoting political unity and reconciliation, urging Americans to come together in “the middle.”

A spokesperson for Jeep’s parent company, Stellantis, hasn’t responded to requests for comment from Breitbart News.

Springsteen endorsed Joe Biden’s bid for the White House and repeatedly bashed Donald Trump during last year’s presidential race, saying that he would leave the country if the president were re-elected. The rocker recently performed during Biden’s primetime inaugural celebration.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Drunk driving is the number one killer on America’s roads.
    Yah, LOL, sure it is pal.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yah, LOL, sure it is pal.
    No $#@!. Couldn't be just dumbasses finger $#@!ing their sailfawns. No?

But back to the idiot Springsteen. And Jeep for hiring him.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No $#@!. Couldn't be just dumbasses finger $#@!ing their sailfawns. No?

But back to the idiot Springsteen. And Jeep for hiring him.

LOLOLOLOLOL.
    I know, right?

I know, right?

Honestly, Jeeps suck. These days. The Jeep "Liberty" which isn't 4 wheel drive. WTF? The whole line is tired. A ghost of what it once was. If Bruce Springsteen is a spokesperson...R.I.P.

ETA: No, don't RIP. Go into the woods and put a bullet in the brainpan. Not deserving of a Viking funeral pyre.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-10-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Honestly, Jeeps suck. These days. The Jeep "Liberty" which isn't 4 wheel drive. WTF? The whole line is tired. A ghost of what it once was. If Bruce Springsteen is a spokesperson...R.I.P.

ETA: No, don't RIP. Go into the woods and put a bullet in the brainpan. Not deserving of a Viking funeral pyre.
    Throw it in the woods...

Throw it in the woods...
    Right down into the holler! Gottdamnit but I wish I'd never sold my International Scout. Worst car decision I ever made. But, it was hard times and I needed to get the $#@! outta dodge.

And here I thought it was just crappy poetry from a has-been. A hard leftist claiming he is for unity now. Wasn’t he going to move away because of Trump? And what’s with all of the “poetry” these days? Is it the ultimate art-form for the left?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right down into the holler! Gottdamnit but I wish I'd never sold my International Scout. Worst car decision I ever made. But, it was hard times and I needed to get the $#@! outta dodge.
    I thought they were made by International Harvester?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I thought they were made by International Harvester?
    Yeah, Scouts were.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And here I thought it was just crappy poetry from a has-been. A hard leftist claiming he is for unity now. Wasn’t he going to move away because of Trump? And what’s with all of the “poetry” these days? Is it the ultimate art-form for the left?
    Yeah, he DID say he was gonna move away.
    But, Progressives never do.
    There like that cancer that you're almost getting over, but they just keep hanging around.

Yeah, Scouts were.
    Oh, I thought you said they were made by dodge.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Throw it in the woods...
    Not in the UP though..

There is no UP of Michigan,, in Jeeps Map.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

A hard leftist claiming he is for unity now.
    "Unity" is code word for submission, which is NOT the correct response to this government. It's amazing how that word gets so many people to get in line though.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

There's three on my list: my first truck, a 1969 F100 that came from the facktree with a 360 cid engine, four on the floor and limited slip rear diff. It was some kind of specialty NASCAR or USAC build to sell the required number of drive train parts. Sold that cause I needed a 3/4 ton to haul fish. That truck hauled ass and was painted road maintenance orange. No poweranything and Armstrong steering.

The second was that 1972 3/4 ton I bought in it's place...I just want the drive train to put into a restoration - 300 cid six and the top load Borg Warner T18 trans with the "pull a house down" granny gear.

The third was a 1986 Grand Wagoneer, painted in "What about Bob?" livery, with an AMC 360 block.

Youtube auto guru, Scotty Kilmer, always says what a POS Jeep is now.

He likes to point out that one of their offerings is a rebadged Fiat Panda with a cheesy jeepish grill on it.

Pretty weak stuff for the 'murikan consumer.

In my opinion, the only Fiat that was ever worth a damn was the classic soviet Lada which was morphed from an original Fiat design.

Last edited by sparebulb; 02-11-2021 at 08:31 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, he DID say he was gonna move away.
    But, Progressives never do.
    There like that cancer that you're almost getting over, but they just keep hanging around.
    They're not gone...they're NEVER gone...You see??!!

it looks like Springsteen was hoisted by his own petard. What a shame.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Youtube auto guru, Scotty Kilmer, always says what a POS Jeep is now.

He likes to point out that one of their offerings is a rebadged Fiat Panda with a cheesy jeepish grill on it.
    Hehehh...I got Scotty then.

Ain't a Panda...it's a Fiat 500/Jeep Renegade.

Watch Eric O's at South Main Autos imitation of Scotty Kilmer sometime, freaking hilarious.

Musicians should just stick to music

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Yeah, Scouts were.
    In Springfield Ohio my hometown
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I'm not a car guy. So I don't want to be a poser here and pretend I know more about what's wrong with Jeeps than I really do.

But I have neighbors who are Jeep fanatics. They have one that looks like a classic Jeep, only souped up with a big roll bar and enormous tires. They go off-roading on it. I'm sure they have fun, so I can't criticize that.

Then they have this other newer one though, which looks a lot like a luxury Hummer. And when I was checking it out, they showed me that it has these little cute animal shapes like lizards and paw prints molded into various parts at hidden places, like Easter eggs.

There was something about that vehicle that seemed very un-Jeep-like to me. Or at least unlike what I thought the Jeep brand was supposed to be.

Now it looks like something that made its name by being rugged, blue-collar, rural, function-before-fashion that has transformed into something that has an obviously fake facade of all those qualities built around a heart that has been softened by wealth and the influence of politically correct elite city dwellers.

Kind of like Bruce Springsteen.

Mothers Against Drunk Driving Outraged Bruce Springsteen DWI Arrest Wasn’t Revealed Before He Drove a ‘Jeep in a High Priced Super Bowl Commercial’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...wl-commercial/

David Ng 10 Feb 2021

Mothers Against Drunk Driving has expressed outrage over the fact that Bruce Springsteen’s drunk driving arrest in November wasn’t revealed until after the rock star’s Super Bowl commercial for Jeep aired on Sunday.

The advocacy group blasted New Jersey authorities in a statement on Wednesday, saying that victims of drunk driving “deserve better.”

“Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is outraged to learn that Bruce Springsteen was arrested three months ago for drunk and reckless driving,” said Alex Otte, MADD National President, in a statement to Breitbart News. “The fact that this arrest was not revealed by authorities in New Jersey until after Springsteen’s appearance driving a Jeep in a high-priced Super Bowl commercial is infuriating.”

Otte continued:

“Drunk driving is the number one killer on America’s roads. The 10,000 people killed and 300,000 people who are injured every year deserve better. Victims and families deserve for every drunk driving offense to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law as a violent, 100% preventable crime every time. No excuses, no exceptions.”

New Jersey authorities confirmed on Wednesday that Springsteen was arrested in November and charged with DWI as well as reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area. The arrest occurred at Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, New Jersey.

The revelation came just three days after Jeep aired its high-profile Super Bowl commercial starring Bruce Springsteen.

The two-minute spot features the anti-Trump singer promoting political unity and reconciliation, urging Americans to come together in “the middle.”

A spokesperson for Jeep’s parent company, Stellantis, hasn’t responded to requests for comment from Breitbart News.

Springsteen endorsed Joe Biden’s bid for the White House and repeatedly bashed Donald Trump during last year’s presidential race, saying that he would leave the country if the president were re-elected. The rocker recently performed during Biden’s primetime inaugural celebration.
    I personally cancelled Bruce Springsteen and Brian Adams when they cancelled their concerts over North Carolina cancelling ridiculous local laws saying that women could no longer have a safe space when using the bathroom.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    There was something about that vehicle that seemed very un-Jeep-like to me. Or at least unlike what I thought the Jeep brand was supposed to be.

Now it looks like something that made its name by being rugged, blue-collar, rural, function-before-fashion that has transformed into something that has an obviously fake facade of all those qualities built around a heart that has been softened by wealth and the influence of politically correct elite city dwellers.

Kind of like Bruce Springsteen.
    Like everything else in our society, it's become feminized, soft, stupid, weak and atrophied.

You could not build and sell a real Jeep anymore, because of safety fatwas.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I personally cancelled Bruce Springsteen and Brian Adams when they cancelled their concerts over North Carolina cancelling ridiculous local laws saying that women could no longer have a safe space when using the bathroom.
    Wait a minute...I lost track of the cancelings...you canceled Douche Springsteen because he canceled concerts in protest over North Carolina canceling local laws that canceled a woman's ability to cancel herself from transqueeer creepers canceling her right to take a piss in private?

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is outraged to learn that Bruce Springsteen....

I do not know whether to be happy because they are coming down on Bruce Springsteen or angry having to hear anything from THAT organization.

As much as I don't like him this is bull$#@!.
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/bruce-...ot-of-tequila/
    Bruce stopped, took the pictures, then a fan offered him a shot of liquor, which he took, while sitting on his bike, which was stationary,” the source said.

“Park Police saw what happened and they immediately pulled Springsteen over as he drove away.”

The Asbury Park Press reported Springsteen’s blood-alcohol content was 0.02 — just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit — when he was arrested.

The legal threshold in New Jersey is .08, which the outlet said calls into question why Springsteen was charged with driving while intoxicated.
    So he is well under the legal limit, then MADD gets involved and Jeep drops him. So wrong,

Hmmm. So I think about this a little bit and something does not seem right about it. When you combine this story with the fact that everything we are told is a lie and half truth to condition the masses.

Who would have thought about drinking and driving, MADD and Jeep Inc if were not for this going viral?

It is near impossible to tell what the truth is anymore. How do we know we are all not being played. Bruce comes out looking like a good guy to the regular people, which later will be spun as simply a misunderstanding with the hero police just doing their jobs. MADD gets their name and cause out there. Jeep is getting more exposure from this then they would have from the commercial. The average Joe thinks he needs to be more careful about drinking and driving. All parties involved in this article win in the long run.

Flip a coin in which version is really the truth.

um,,NO.

Up Mich and Florida Keys. not included..

I am feeling a bit left out.. GOOD.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 02-11-2021 at 11:30 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is outraged to learn that Bruce Springsteen....

I do not know whether to be happy because they are coming down on Bruce Springsteen or angry having to hear anything from THAT organization.

As much as I don't like him this is bull$#@!.

So he is well under the legal limit, then MADD gets involved and Jeep drops him. So wrong,

Hmmm. So I think about this a little bit and something does not seem right about it. When you combine this story with the fact that everything we are told is a lie and half truth to condition the masses.

Who would have thought about drinking and driving, MADD and Jeep Inc if were not for this going viral?

It is near impossible to tell what the truth is anymore. How do we know we are all not being played. Bruce comes out looking like a good guy to the regular people, which later will be spun as simply a misunderstanding with the hero police just doing their jobs. MADD gets their name and cause out there. Jeep is getting more exposure from this then they would have from the commercial. The average Joe thinks he needs to be more careful about drinking and driving. All parties involved in this article win in the long run.

Flip a coin in which version is really the truth.
    Thanks for sussing out some more info on this story.

My first response was to come to Springsteen's defense, as Mad Mothers infuriate me.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/bruce-...ot-of-tequila/
    Bruce stopped, took the pictures, then a fan offered him a shot of liquor, which he took, while sitting on his bike, which was stationary,” the source said.

“Park Police saw what happened and they immediately pulled Springsteen over as he drove away.”

The Asbury Park Press reported Springsteen’s blood-alcohol content was 0.02 — just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit — when he was arrested.

The legal threshold in New Jersey is .08, which the outlet said calls into question why Springsteen was charged with driving while intoxicated
    Pretty sure that having a drink and driving is perfectly legal. He was not drunk.

The neo-prohibitionists at MADD need to rebrand. Mothers Against Alcohol? MAA!
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-11-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Pretty sure that having a drink and driving is perfectly legal. He was not drunk.

The neo-prohibitionists at MADD need to rebrand. Mothers Against Alcohol? MAA!
    WCTU??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman's_Christian_Temperance_Union
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast