Thread: What boycott? Twitter stock up more than 20% since Trump ban

Post What boycott? Twitter stock up more than 20% since Trump ban

Was 52 day before they banned Trump, over 65 today.

Twitter really wants you to know it’ll be just fine after banning Trump

Wed, Feb 10 20219:40 AM EST
    Although Twitter didn’t explicitly say what those “unusual circumstances” were, it’s not hard to figure out. Twitter permanently banned Trump on Jan. 8 after he continued to post messages encouraging and defending the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. The company also permanently banned thousands of accounts tied to the Qanon movement around the same time.

Twitter shares were up as much as 13% as of Wednesday morning.

Twitter’s Trump and Qanon bans spurred fears that company’s destiny was tied to Trump and his followers and that the bans would damage future growth. But the company took extra effort Tuesday to show Trump wasn’t the only important power user on the platform.

“We’re a platform that is obviously much larger than any one topic or any one account,” Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said on the company’s earnings call on Tuesday.

He also pointed to the dozens of accounts that have millions of followers and that 80% of all users are outside the U.S.

“We have a global service. We are also not just dependent upon just news and politics being what drives Twitter,” Dorsey said.
    As for Trump returning to Twitter one day, the company’s CFO Ned Segal made it clear Wednesday that’s not an option.
    cnbc.com/2021/02/10/twitter-really-wants-you-to-know-itll-be-just-fine-after-banning-trump.html

Seems unlikely that anti-MAGA 'coup' plotters have some private discussion board like the gamestop "kids" Wall St discussion board.

Un-Related

Trump Orders Flags Lowered To Half-Staff Over Loss Of His Twitter Account

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Twitter will probably do very well in the short run. In the long run, they will lose to a platform that does not censor.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

If I had access to infinite cash, I could make the price of Twitter be anything I wanted it to be. So these statistics are meaningless.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Twitter announced on Wednesday its financial results for the fiscal year 2020, saying it recorded a net loss of $1.136 billion against net income a year earlier.

“2020 net loss was $1.14 billion, representing a net margin of -31 percent and diluted EPS [earnings per share – Ed.] of -$1.44. This compares to 2019 net income of $1.47 billion, representing a net margin of 42 percent and diluted EPS of $1.87.”
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Was 52 day before they banned Trump, over 65 today.

cnbc.com/2021/02/10/twitter-really-wants-you-to-know-itll-be-just-fine-after-banning-trump.html

Seems unlikely that anti-MAGA 'coup' plotters have some private discussion board like the gamestop "kids" Wall St discussion board.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Twitter will probably do very well in the short run. In the long run, they will lose to a platform that does not censor.
    ^This. If GameStop's stock price taught us anything it's that a company's fundamentals can be garbage while the stock price climbs. If the Parler platform hadn't been "de-platformed" Twitter would have been in much worse shape than it is now.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    If I had access to infinite cash, I could make the price of Twitter be anything I wanted it to be. So these statistics are meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    ^This. If GameStop's stock price taught us anything it's that a company's fundamentals can be garbage while the stock price climbs. If the Parler platform hadn't been "de-platformed" Twitter would have been in much worse shape than it is now.
    Yea unless those 80 million followers were mostly bots, almost 30% price jump since Trump ban makes little logical sense.

Seems like banning Trump was the best decision for their stock price, keeps going up. Pretty amazing, over 40% jump in price few days after banning Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Some stock price manipulation theories were surfacing in social media but there is no clear connection based on MSM reporting suggesting that this 40% jump in price few days after Trump ban was part of alleged coordinated 'coup effort' by pro-wars deep neocons or such lobbies.

CNBC: Peter Najarian says he bought Twitter Calls during show

Jim Cramer Says Twitter Stock Is Going to $100
    Feb 10, 2021 TV-G
    The company reported fourth-quarter revenue and offered an upbeat outlook even as Twitter missed Wall Street's estimates for audience growth. Twitter reporter net income of $222 million, or 27 cents per share, up from $119 million, 15 cents per share a year ago. Excluding items, Twitter earned 38 cents per share.
    "2020 was an extraordinary year for Twitter. We are more proud than ever to serve the public conversation, especially in these unprecedented times," Jack Dorsey, Twitter's CEO, said in a statement. "Our product changes to date are promoting healthier conversations for those who use our service, including advertiser
    Jim Cramer’s Mad Memory
    By Michael Corcoran
    November 2, 2009
    In his new book, CNBC’s shamed business expert ostensibly forgets a decade’s worth of duplicity and failures.

“What, me worry?” Cramer gets grilled by Jon Stewart (AP/Jason DeCrow)
    One of the more disturbing aspects of American punditry is that failure and poor analysis are so often rewarded. Pundits who were wrong about the war in Iraq, for example, were routinely given promotions, space on the country’s most read op-ed pages, and face time on television. William Kristol took the term wrong to new levels in 2002 and 2003, yet was granted plum gigs with the New York Times and the Washington Post. There is an entire Wikipedia page devoted to Times columnist Tom Friedman’s woeful miscalculations on Iraq. Peter Beinart, New Republic editor and a staunch supporter of the war, snagged himself a fellowship from the Council of Foreign Relations and a book deal. And on it goes. Everywhere you look in the world of media, those who got it wrong have stayed on as dominant voices in the public sphere.

To begin with, Cramer’s history of ethical lapses is fairly long. In 2000, he had a dust-up with Fox News. The news outlet complained, according to the Associated Press, that “[Cramer] promoted [his company’s] stock on the air.” Six years later, in a now widely circulated interview, Cramer boasted of his ability to manipulate the market through misinformation. "What’s important when you are in that hedge fund mode is to not do anything remotely truthful, because the truth is so against your view that it’s important to create a new truth, to develop a fiction,” he said, sounding very different from the man who just wants to give “honest advice.” He then recommended skirting laws, saying, “You can’t foment. That’s a violation … But you do it anyway because the SEC doesn’t understand it.”

genprogress.org/jim-cramers-mad-memory/

CNBC anchor’s stock trading fraud isn’t stupid, it’s blatant. And he isn’t the only one doing it
    15 Jan, 2021
    newslaundry.com/2021/01/15/cnbc-anchors-stock-trading-fraud-isnt-stupid-its-blatant-and-he-isnt-the-only-one-doing-it

Potentially Related

Developing....
    Do Wall Street exchanges computers have latest anti-virus installed?

I think there may be a Twitter boycott, but that isnt necessarily going to make all their stocks tank.

By comparison, look at how overvalued just about everything on Wall Street is doing. The US Economy is tanking, business are closing, people are going broke, bankruptcies keep going up, late payments going up, cost of living going up, everything that should be an "indicator" that Main Street is getting hurt is inverse of what happens on Wall Street.

So if Wall Street and Main Street are inverse, then the same thing can happen on Twitter. User counts go down but stock values go up! The investors, who we know pretty much gets laws passed to their will, have Insider Knowledge. You know the whole Insider Trading thing that is never supposed to happen. I think what they know is that ICANN is about to shut down at least half the web for being "radical" or what ever their excuse. That will send their user counts soaring, thus, value of the company.

Consolidation of everything into a handful of powerful companies that manipulate their viewers with timed dopamine hits (movies included). And you have a govt printing money like never before. Who gets that money? Any of us? Ha ha ha! Its the $#@!ers on Wall Street that get it and can spend it at the previous value. It does not trickle down. It goes right into the hands of the Wall Street Bankers and anyone they choose to invest in, and thus, survive.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some stock price manipulation theories were surfacing in social media but there is no clear connection based on MSM reporting suggesting that this 40% jump in price few days after Trump ban was part of alleged coordinated 'coup effort' by pro-wars deep neocons or such lobbies.
    This is a fancy way of saying "there is no evidence", a phrase which is now meaningless in our post-truth society. How many times did the MSMBS repeat "THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of election fraud"...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

This is a fancy way of saying "there is no evidence", a phrase which is now meaningless in our post-truth society. How many times did the MSMBS repeat "THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of election fraud"...

The bigger the lie, the more people believe it. If youre gonna lie, go BIG.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I won't be shedding a single tear if Twitter ends up going under.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I think there may be a Twitter boycott, but that isnt necessarily going to make all their stocks tank.

By comparison, look at how overvalued just about everything on Wall Street is doing. The US Economy is tanking, business are closing, people are going broke, bankruptcies keep going up, late payments going up, cost of living going up, everything that should be an "indicator" that Main Street is getting hurt is inverse of what happens on Wall Street.

So if Wall Street and Main Street are inverse, then the same thing can happen on Twitter.
    User counts go down but stock values go up! The investors, who we know pretty much gets laws passed to their will, have Insider Knowledge. You know the whole Insider Trading thing that is never supposed to happen. I think what they know is that ICANN is about to shut down at least half the web for being "radical" or what ever their excuse. That will send their user counts soaring, thus, value of the company.

Consolidation of everything into a handful of powerful companies that manipulate their viewers with timed dopamine hits (movies included). And you have a govt printing money like never before. Who gets that money? Any of us? Ha ha ha! Its the $#@!ers on Wall Street that get it and can spend it at the previous value. It does not trickle down. It goes right into the hands of the Wall Street Bankers and anyone they choose to invest in, and thus, survive.
    EM.

Indeed Wall St and Main St seem inverse lately.

This was another recent example, it may appear to be gamestop chart but it's not; an electric car co. stock skyrocketed at a time when people were locked down and no one was driving:

From: Epstein had 'spoken to the Saudis' about investing in Elon Musk's Tesla

This is a fancy way of saying "there is no evidence" based on MSM reporting, a phrase which is now meaningless in our post-truth society. How many times did the MSMBS repeat "THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of election fraud"...
    Adjusted

Twitter is stock at 72 today, up 40% in since Trump ban few days ago. Luckily they are not showing the chart non-stop on TV to get back at Trump since he seems to pay lot of attention to Wall Street charts.

thehill.com/homenews/administration/487588-trump-signs-chart-showing-stock-market-rally-after-he-declared

Trump signs chart showing stock market rally after he declared national emergency over coronavirus

By J. Edward Moreno - 03/14/20

President Trump sent an autographed chart to supporters showing the Dow Jones Industrial Average dramatically rising after he declared a national emergency over the COVID-19 virus.

[QUOTE=enhanced_deficit;7022863]Seems like banning Trump was the best decision for their stock price, keeps going up. Pretty amazing, over 40% jump in price few days after banning Trump.

Absolutely, It is the right decision and it is also a lesson for those who create twitter a platform of mess where only hatred and negative talks are spread.

Keeps going up and up, $80 today. Twitter stock is starting to act like that of Tesla or gamestop.

Quote Originally Posted by bracknelson View Post

Absolutely, It is the right decision and it is also a lesson for those who create twitter a platform of mess where only hatred and negative talks are spread.
    Well, looks like "love" is conquering "hatred" bigly.

Following price chart is so few days ago, today price hit $80, about 60% price jump in few days since Trump ban.

Twitter Lowered the Political Heat, But Turned Up the Price of TWTR Stock

TWTR stock is overpriced after turning down the temperature on its tweeters

By Dana Blankenhorn Feb 24, 2021, 4:17 pm EST
    Twitter (NASDAQ:TWTR) wants to turn down the temperature. And analysts and politicians are cheering. Since the start of 2021, shares of TWTR stock are up 34%. The move began after the company banned the account of former President Donald Trump on Jan. 8, with shares at $52. They opened for trade Feb. 24 at $73.10. That’s a market capitalization of $57.8 billion, 15 times the company’s $3.72 billion of revenue in 2020.

However twitter banned former POTUS is not sitting idle, assuming this is non-fakenews:

Trump plots future -- and revenge -- from sunny Florida links
    By Kate Bennett, CNN
    Updated 7:31 AM ET, Thu February 25, 2021
    .cnn.com/2021/02/25/politics/donald-trump-plans-family/index.html

Potentially Related

Trump is so frustrated by his Twitter ban that's he's writing out insults and asking aides to tweet them, report says
    news.yahoo.com/trump-frustrated-twitter-ban-thats-125331634.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Twitter announced on Wednesday its financial results for the fiscal year 2020, saying it recorded a net loss of $1.136 billion against net income a year earlier.

“2020 net loss was $1.14 billion, representing a net margin of -31 percent and diluted EPS [earnings per share – Ed.] of -$1.44. This compares to 2019 net income of $1.47 billion, representing a net margin of 42 percent and diluted EPS of $1.87.”
    Stock buybacks are all the rage with these big companies. Why wouldn’t they borrow money near 0% interest and buy back their stock? That borrowed money is going to lose value rapidly via (hyper?)inflation.

The other thing to remember is that big companies like Twitter are purchased indirectly via ETFs. Index ETFs, tech ETFs, Large Cap ETFs, etc. All of them buy Twitter (and Facebook, Google, etc).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Keeps going up and up, $80 today. Twitter stock is starting to act like that of Tesla or gamestop.

Well, looks like "love" is conquering "hatred" bigly.

Following price chart is so few days ago, today price hit $80, about 60% price jump in few days since Trump ban.
    Yeah, we get it. Trump is gone, and TDS has turned into PTSD. Do you need some counseling?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know what "we" means here but while Trump may be gone (just as Bush-Cheney were gone after decades of blind support from fanatic fanbase until they woke up) but GOP "conservatives" gullibility persists. Trump was just a symbol, politics as usual and 'follow the money' dynamic that many among emational MAGA crowd apparently failed to see or acknowledge is still here.
    On a side note, it's bit surprising why observing 60% price jump in stock price of a business that banned a sitting POTUS few weeks ago would invoke personal attack from anyone.