Thread: The Pearl Milling Company

The Pearl Milling Company

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pepsi...005112220.html

PepsiCo (PEP) announced the name change of its Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup brand to Pearl Milling Company, the snacking and beverage company announced on Tuesday.

In June 2020, Quaker Oats, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, said it would remove Aunt Jemima's image from its packaging in the fourth quarter and change the name soon after. The company also pledged $5 million to support the Black community.

"We recognize Aunt Jemima's origins are based on a racial stereotype. While work has been done over the years to update the brand in a manner intended to be appropriate and respectful, we realize those changes are not enough," Quaker Foods CMO Kristin Kroepfl said at the time.

When coming up with the Pearl Milling Company name, Quaker said it worked "to gather broad perspectives and ensure the new brand was developed with inclusivity in mind."

Pearl Milling Company products, which maintain similar red packaging to its predecessor, will see its pancake mixes, syrups, flour, grits, and cornmeal come to market in June. The existing Aunt Jemima products with the image removed will continue to be sold until that time.

The company added that Pearl Milling Company would commit $1 million toward causes uplifting Black women and girls in the coming weeks.

Shares of PepsiCo were last trading up 82 cents near $140.42 on Tuesday in the after-hours session.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll make my own batter and use Maple syrup. Thanks, anyway, Pepsi.

I can finally eat my pancakes in peace, without that evil black face smirking at me.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'll make my own batter and use Maple syrup. Thanks, anyway, Pepsi.
    You're better off. Their syrup is nothing but corn syrup with color.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Mrs Butterworths for the win!

Wonder what’s going to happen to the Popeyes chicken spokeswoman?

Hilariously over the top stupid ads...

What a retarded thing to do since nobody was offended by the logo.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Just bought some Hungry Jerk pancake mix from Aldi the other day.

Will start making my own in the future.

Screw off, Pepsico.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You're better off. Their syrup is nothing but corn syrup with OF color.
    FIFY
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If I owned Pearl Brewing Co I might be offended . The San Antonio plant closed in 01 but it is still made in fort worth . I think Pabst owns it and Miller makes it.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If I owned Pearl Brewing Co I might be offended . The San Antonio plant closed in 01 but it is still made in fort worth . I think Pabst owns it and Miller makes it.
    My favorite butter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1612976684596.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	7991
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

best butter
    Do something Danke

The Pearl Milling Company had created the BRAND way way way back more than a century ago.

Way way way back in 1888...

The Pearl Milling Company in St. Joseph, MO
    was incorporated and produced a range of milled products.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

I agree. I call it Wizard of Oz Syndrome. It's an entity making you think opinion is monolithic, but it's nothing of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

If I owned Pearl Brewing Co I might be offended.
    If I were served Pearl beer I'd be offended. The only time I drank it was at a favorite bar that served pitchers only with Pearl or Lone Star. Pearl was the lesser of two evils.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    If I were served Pearl beer I'd be offended. The only time I drank it was at a favorite bar that served pitchers only with Pearl or Lone Star. Pearl was the lesser of two evils.
    They are not so bad . Better than old Milwaukee , LOL
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    [...] Quaker Oats, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, said it would remove Aunt Jemima's image from its packaging in the fourth quarter and change the name soon after. [...]

"We recognize Aunt Jemima's origins are based on a racial stereotype. While work has been done over the years to update the brand in a manner intended to be appropriate and respectful, we realize those changes are not enough," Quaker Foods CMO Kristin Kroepfl said at the time.

When coming up with the Pearl Milling Company name, Quaker said it worked "to gather broad perspectives and ensure the new brand was developed with inclusivity in mind."
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I can finally eat my pancakes in peace, without that evil black face smirking at me.
    But can you eat your oatmeal without the evil face of white privilege leering at you with smug superiority?

Why, no. No, you can't ...

So much for "appropriate and respectful [...] inclusivity," I guess ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    But can you eat your oatmeal without the evil face of white privilege leering at you with smug superiority?

Why, no. No, you can't ...

So much for "appropriate and respectful [...] inclusivity," I guess ...
    LOL

best butter
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.