Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CIA Counterterror Chief Suggests Going To War Against ‘Domestic Insurgents’

CIA Counterterror Chief Suggests Going To War Against ‘Domestic Insurgents’

By Steve Watson | INFOWARS.COM Thursday, February 04, 2021
    The former head of the CIA Counterterrorism Center has suggested that counterinsurgency tactics used by the military in Iraq and Afghanistan should be applied to ‘domestic extremists’ inside the US.

NPR reports that Robert Grenier, who directed the CIA’s Counterterrorism program from 2004 to 2006, declared “We may be witnessing the dawn of a sustained wave of violent insurgency within our own country, perpetrated by our own countrymen.”

In an op-ed for The New York Times last week, Grenier suggested that “extremists who seek a social apocalypse … are capable of producing endemic political violence of a sort not seen in this country since Reconstruction.”

Grenier, also a former CIA station chief in Pakistan and Afghanistan, grouped together “the Proud Boys, the Three Percenters, the Oath Keepers, ‘Christian’ national chauvinists, white supremacists and QAnon fantasists” and claimed they are all “committed to violent extremism.”

Grenier labeled dissenters an “insurgency” and called for them to be “defeated” like an enemy army.

In further comments to NPR, Grenier stated that “as in any insurgency situation, you have committed insurgents who are typically a relatively small proportion of the affected population. But what enables them to carry forward their program is a large number of people from whom they can draw tacit support. “

Educate yourself further by tapping into our store's vast collection of books and movies.
    Grenier also stated that insurgents may emerge from groups who “believe that the election was stolen,” or those “who don’t trust NPR or The New York Times.” (P4P- I'm guilty as $#@! then.)

Linking to Grenier’s comments, journalist Glenn Greenwald quipped that wedding guests throughout America should watch out for drone missiles:

The call to treat Americans as terrorist insurgents comes on the heels of a Department of Homeland Security warning that those dissatisfied with the election result may rise up and commit acts of terrorism in the coming weeks.

“Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition, as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence,” stated the bulletin issued last week through the DHS National Terrorist Advisory System — or NTAS.

The bulletin added that ‘extremists’ may be “motivated by a range of issues, including anger over COVID-19 restrictions, the 2020 election results, and police use of force.”
    https://www.newswars.com/cia-counter...ic-insurgents/

Sources:

NPR: https://www.npr.org/2021/02/02/96334...=1612431138620

NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/27/o...nsurgency.html
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-04-2021 at 04:35 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about antifa chief? How bout all the thousands that stole & rioted in Philly multiple times...they weren’t crackers lol

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    (P4P- I'm guilty as $#@! then.)
    Every one of us are.

The enemy has made their plans clear.

We either fight, $#@! or fly at this point.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Thumbs down

Let's be honest this is a war against white Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    What about antifa chief? How bout all the thousands that stole & rioted in Philly multiple times...they weren’t crackers lol
    What about them?

They are endorsed and protected by the System.

Nothing will happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Let's be honest this is a war against white Christians.
    Yes, white westerners and people that think like them.

I have no doubt in my mind that people like @jmdrake and @Theocrat have targets on their backs as big as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Every one of us are.

Yup. And we ain't seen nothing yet. A Congresswoman said "Republicans are terrorists." Basically, if you are not full on Marxist Revolution your days are numbered.

Bill Would Force Social Media Users To Secretly Report Suspicious People To Law Enforcement

Senator Joe Manchin wants to bring DHS’s spy on your neighbors “If You See, Something Say Something” program to social media, blogs, websites, and much more. Manchin’s bill, the “See Something, Say Something Online Act” would essentially turn social media users into federal spies by forcing them to report suspicious people to law enforcement.
    This bill would essentially force anyone on social media to report suspicious “transmissions” to law enforcement.

Known Suspicious Transmission.—The term ‘‘known suspicious transmission’’ is any suspicious transmission that an interactive computer service should have reasonably known to have occurred or have been notified of by a director, officer, employ, agent, interactive computer service user, or State or Federal law enforcement agency.

Major Crime —The term ‘‘major crime’’ means a Federal criminal offense that is a crime of violence (as defined 13 in section 16 of title 18, United States Code); relating to domestic or international terrorism (as those terms are defined in section 16 2331 of title 18, United States Code)

Suspicious Transmission is defined as any post, private message, comment, tag, transaction, or any other user-generated content or transmission that government officials later determine commits, facilitates, incites, promotes, or otherwise assists the commission of a major crime. Major crimes are defined as anything involving violence, domestic, or international terrorism, or a serious drug offense.
    https://massprivatei.blogspot.com/20...-users-to.html
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-04-2021 at 08:49 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lot of ex-CIA stirring up the pot on 'domestic terrorists.'

Kevin Carroll served as senior counselor to the secretary of homeland security and chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee and as a CIA and Army officer in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Yemen.

His Op-Ed:

We saw five dead in the Jan. 6 attempted coup d’etat. We saw possible assassination plots against both former Vice President Mike Pence and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. We saw coercion designed to prevent certification of President Biden’s Electoral College victory. We now see the Capitol necessarily secured behind razor wire. But we also see some Republican members of Congress trying to sneak guns onto the House floor. One has even called for violence. It is time to confront these putschists.

Democrats such as Attorney General-designate Merrick Garland and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer should use their executive and legislative power over the next 23 months to do the following five important things.

First, bring the heaviest felony charges possible on as many participants in the insurrection as the Justice Department can identify and believes it can confidently convict. We ruthlessly hunted down foreign terrorists after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and must do the same to their domestic equivalents. Further prosecution is possible under the federal felon-in-possession-of-a-firearm statute.

Second, make fire and police departments that receive federal grants have their members sign commitments not to engage in acts to overthrow the government. Prosecute any who subsequently violate their oaths. We could also cut or suspend federal funding to departments that fail to introduce these measures. It's what we're doing to universities that receive federal grant money and then, promises to the contrary, allow communist Chinese to walk off with export-controlled intellectual property paid for by American taxpayers.

Third, do not worry about Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. Rather than ban extremist chatter through government censorship or private de-platforming, use radical chat rooms as honeypots, as FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Forces have done with violent, radicalized Islamists since 2001. We need to draw out those of our fellow citizens who are willing to attack our nation.

Fourth, use the supremacy of federal law to ban "militias" beyond the National Guard. There is simply no longer any room for armed forces not answerable to the law.

Fifth, add domestic terrorism as a predicate to the material support for terrorism statute, including its civil liability provisions. This will provide new means of successful prosecutions and gradually increased deterrence against domestic terrorists.

I woke up in my Manhattan apartment as a Wall Street law firm associate on Sept. 12, 2001, worrying how America could stop the next attack. I woke up as a combat veteran in my suburban Washington, D.C., house on Jan. 7, 2021, equally worried. But I also remember what helped America last time. We defeated al Qaeda and can do the same to the fascist thugs who attacked our democracy last month. But only if we take similar hard measures against the enemy within.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...rorist-problem

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Every one of us are.

Well who is it exactly that we would fight?

NPR reports that Robert Grenier, who directed the CIA’s Counterterrorism program from 2004 to 2006, declared “We may be witnessing the dawn of a sustained wave of violent insurgency within our own country, perpetrated by our own countrymen.”
    Obviously he is talking about Antifa and BLM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Fourth, use the supremacy of federal law to ban "militias" beyond the National Guard. There is simply no longer any room for armed forces not answerable to the law.
    Whose law?

Many of us swore an oath to uphold the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic yet we're no longer accountable to any branch of the service.

What if this bureaucrat is the epitome of a "domestic enemy" ?

Moving to bar both the right to assemble and the right to bear arms as "force of law" walks like/looks like/talks like and smells like domestic terrorism to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Nope, sorry...I know the lines are blurring and the rules changing every day, but that's a bright red OPSEC blunder right there, publicly naming people to carry the fight to or do violence upon.

There is a target rich environment right now, look around in any direction and you'll find a likely target.

Or, as I've used before, the words of Chesty Puller when he found he and his Marines surrounded by the enemy in Korea:

I'm no military trained genius, I'm certainly not an ivory tower West Point or Annapolis Marxist like most of the military leadership is today.

Henry Knox was a young fat bookseller when revolution broke out in 1775. He pestered Washington with a plan so outrageous that nobody believed it could be done: drag the heavy guns captured at Fort Ticonderoga in upstate NY through the frozen wilderness of northern New England to the hills outside of Boston to lay siege against the British occupiers. He was successful, the guns at Dorchester Heights were enough to convince British commander Howe to leave and that was the last military action in Boston.

I have a number of plans in my head on how to take this fight to our enemies, as individuals and groups.

Many others have similar plans, men smarter and tougher than me.

This is not the venue to discuss such plans.

The first person we must fight is the coward in each of us.

Toughest battle of all.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

So the former cia head is suggesting hiring private contractors to wipe out citizens opposed to police murdering citizens and illegal governor wuhan plague shutdowns ? Guess they are locking up those future pensions with new created work . out of control.
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-04-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Do something Danke

The bulletin added that ‘extremists’ may be “motivated by a range of issues, including anger over COVID-19 restrictions, the 2020 election results, and police use of force.”
    Or the fact that 50% of my paycheck goes to paying various taxes.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Or the fact that 50% of my paycheck goes to paying various taxes.
    glad i gave up that bad habit .
    Do something Danke

Someone had suggested recenty that Biden could turn out to be "Trump on steroids" on such issues as domestic Freedoms Mangement... 2nd amend Red Flag, 1st amend censorship, lobbyists power etc.

Obama/Trump administrations policies that now Dems seem to be building on was already quite stunning a reversal compared to Bush era when almost all institutions had outward focus. Inward shift had started during 2nd Obama term but Trump era took it to new heights. Now Dems seem to be ready to set new milestones.

Trump appointed FBI Director Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    07/23/19

George is right. Killing random civilians to spread a political message is terrorism. FBI classifies it as domestic terrorism, but “white terrorism” is more precise. Many of the killers are lone-wolf losers indoctrinated to hate through the internet, just like Islamic terrorists. https://t.co/uyyjkoh1fR

Rod Rosenstein (@RodRosenstein) August 4, 2019

Joey Jones of Foxnews on white supremacists and white supremacist evil doers
    "If you're a white supremacist or thinking about it, you're not American , we renounce you, this is not a country for you... if you do anything evil, we will find you, we will hunt you down and take you out, we renounce you."

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Someone had suggested recenty that Biden could turn out to be "Trump on steroids" on such issues as domestic Freedoms Mangement... 2nd amend Red Flag, 1st amend censorship, lobbyists power etc.

Obama/Trump administrations policies that now Dems seem to be building on was already quite stunning a reversal compared to Bush era when almost all institutions had outward focus. Inward shift had started during 2nd Obama term but Trump era took it to new heights. Now Dems seem to be ready to set new milestones.
    Trumps not in office.

For the record, if anyone is unclear whether this account is a parody account or whatever, this post will be 100% honest.

I am really a Marxist-Communist Biden supporting globalist who thinks AOC is awesome and wish Bernie would one day win a Presidential primary.

Any "domestic terrorist" sounding posts I might make is just to parody Trump supporters and their white-supremacist / neo-nazi agenda.

This will be the last (and only) honest post I will make on the subject. For the official record.
    - Kim Kardashian

https://twitter.com/Occams_Banana/st...91993023234048

https://twitter.com/Occams_Banana/st...92324394295296
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-04-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist
    This is not the venue to discuss such plans.
    It is my hope that these plans never get discussed. I already know that my reps don't care what I think and that our president wants to destroy the constitution.
    All I can say about whatever fight may occur is that I will defend myself and who ever else I can as good as I can. I am not going to seek out a fight or a battle.

It is my hope that these plans never get discussed. I already know that my reps don't care what I think and that our president wants to destroy the constitution.
    All I can say about whatever fight may occur is that I will defend myself and who ever else I can as good as I can. I am not going to seek out a fight or a battle.
    The plan is to wait until they kick in your door? Seems solid plan.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/Occams_Banana/st...91993023234048

https://twitter.com/Occams_Banana/st...92324394295296
    Your shenanigans. I am approve.

The first person we must fight is the coward in each of us.

Toughest battle of all.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

No...most people won't.

That fight is coming to you.

The plan is to wait until they kick in your door? Seems solid plan.

That's not what I said. But thanks for asking.

Bless you and yours, you have it correct. Build our local community's bonds outside of and in spite of any politics, and encourage other communities to do the same.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Bless you and yours, you have it correct. Build our local community's bonds outside of and in spite of any politics, and encourage other communities to do the same.
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast