Thread: Papers please! DC livestreamer stopped while literally just taking a walk

Papers please! DC livestreamer stopped while literally just taking a walk

Timestamp 30:39

Now, this is not an example of a serious rights violation. But it is a rights violation. And I'm not one of those "I don't have to show my ID" types -- even if it's technically true, I have better ways to spend my time than having petty debates over Constitutional law with an armed, roving bandit.

But just look at DC ... it looks like the streets of Beijing during Chinese lockdown. It's symbolic of where we're headed. This is broad daylight. The purpose of checkpoints is to secure a perimeter. Filming the exterior view of a checkpoint in broad daylight is not a valid security concern. We're being taken over by security-theater. This is "Tommy has been suspended for making a finger-gun and pointing it at one of the other children" kind of stuff and we're only going to see more and more of it. I have had to deal with so much of this on a personal level that I've even devised a name for it: "Helping to Hurt." It's about creating the appearance that you're helping (securing) in order to hurt (retaliate for perceived wrongs or simply to vent rage).

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wasn't aware Lawson v. Kalendar was overturned.

I guess when a Supreme Court decision gets its Wikipedia page taken down, it's no longer legal precedent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I wasn't aware Lawson v. Kalendar was overturned.

I guess when a Supreme Court decision gets its Wikipedia page taken down, it's no longer legal precedent.
    Meanwhile, our Chief Justice is hiding in a panic room and refusing to hear all cases related in any way shape or form to the conduct of the 2020 election -- including the extremely important and contentious question of whether vote-by-mail (also known as "vote by paper-plane" or "53 feet of ballot-box stuffing") should be permitted, should be regulated by Congress or can only be decided by Amendment. Last I heard, he was watching the film Panic Room and The Purge series on repeat, while breathing into a paper bag between bouts of passing out from panic.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28