Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand votes to confirm Buttgigeig

Last edited by Matt Collins; 02-03-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Rand Paul will never be like his Dad Ron Paul.

But who will fuc up the roads?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Yes, this was disappointing to see.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yes, this was disappointing to see.
    Even stolen elections have consequences.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

13 Nays

Blackburn (R-TN)
    Cassidy (R-LA)
    Cotton (R-AR)
    Cruz (R-TX)
    Hagerty (R-TN)
    Hawley (R-MO)
    Lankford (R-OK)
    Marshall (R-KS)
    Rubio (R-FL)
    Scott (R-FL)
    Scott (R-SC)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Tuberville (R-AL)

Buttigieg's payment for dropping out of the primary.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Buttigieg's payment for dropping out of the primary.
    Let's see how fast Biden gets Beto in to confiscate guns.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I mean, is there anything really left to say about Rand? He desperately wants the approval of the Establishment. The problem for him is that he will never get it. In a couple of decades he will be lucky to be a footnote in history.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    I mean, is there anything really left to say about Rand? He desperately wants the approval of the Establishment. The problem for him is that he will never get it. In a couple of decades he will be lucky to be a footnote in history.
    Oh please... No need for dramatics. We're talking about which rotating head gets to fill a seat - Rand is one of the few actively trying to restrain the power of the seat itself, not the current occupant.

If, by some miracle, Rand were to win the GOP nomination and become President, I'm sure he'd expect the opposition to approve his appointments, despite their disagreements with the policy.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh please... No need for dramatics. We're talking about which rotating head gets to fill a seat - Rand is one of the few actively trying to restrain the power of the seat itself, not the current occupant.
    If this was 2011 or 2012, then this statement would be sufficient. However, he has been in office for TEN years and has had zero significant effect on any public policy.

If, by some miracle, Rand were to win the GOP nomination and become President, I'm sure he'd expect the opposition to approve his appointments, despite their disagreements with the policy.
    When has logrolling ever worked in favor of liberty? Ron Paul has a legacy that will last long after his passing. Rand tried to split the baby of liberty and Establishment politics and has failed miserably at both. Subsequently he will have no legacy.

But....but..... all those swamp critters that were appointed in the last 4 years were fine, amirite?
    There is no spoon.

"I am a bird"

He'd be foolish to have that expectation, assuming he picked people who are actually worthwhile.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

I think you could give bootyjudge a down vote for about any federal position as just unqualified he was in over his head as mayor .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    He'd be foolish to have that expectation, assuming he picked people who are actually worthwhile.
    Yes, he would be foolish. But at least he could make the consistently congruent argument that, "I confirmed all sorts of people who I disagreed with politically, because the role of Senate consent is not to overturn the direction of the executive, but to confirm unless the nominee is manifestly lacking in character and competence to the the job."

What are Buttgigeig's qualifications. I thought he was just a small town mayor?

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    If this was 2011 or 2012, then this statement would be sufficient. However, he has been in office for TEN years and has had zero significant effect on any public policy.

When has logrolling ever worked in favor of liberty? Ron Paul has a legacy that will last long after his passing. Rand tried to split the baby of liberty and Establishment politics and has failed miserably at both. Subsequently he will have no legacy.
    If you weren't bitching about every awful Trump pick in the past four years then you don't have legitimacy to bitch now. And I really don't care if you rebutt with some "TDS" bvllshyt response. Most of the people who voted against Bootyjudge would have voted for his equivalent if Trump had made the appointment. And I didn't hear your "Rand was working for the establishment" BS when Rand derailed the Trump impeachment.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What qualifications are needed for an unnecessary position?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I wish I could +rep this twice!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Knowledge and successful expertise of the not needed topic , something he lacks .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not really a small town and he was not doing some great job. In over his head .
    Do something Danke

This would be like trump putting wayne lapierre in charge of health and human services .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL
    Do something Danke

Right? I mean, let's not forget that Trump put a brain surgeon in charge of Housing and Urban Development because of his skin color. No one questioned Carson's intellect, but it's not like the skills are transferable. In truth, you don't need many qualifications to serve as a political figurehead for a bureaucracy.

ETA: And let's not forget the last transportation secretary was Mrs. Mitch McConnell!

Right? I mean, let's not forget that Trump put a brain surgeon in charge of Housing and Urban Development because of his skin color. No one questioned Carson's intellect, but it's not like the skills are transferable. In truth, you don't need many qualifications to serve as a political figurehead for a bureaucracy.
    I was expecting Carson to take Surgeon General or Health and Human Services, but I'm glad he didn't take that because that would have put him right in the middle of the COVID shytstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not really a small town and he was not doing some great job. In over his head .
    Ah, yes. South Bend. That was the place with the pothole problem. Dominoes even did a "Paving for Pizza" grant. Lol. Perfect pick for Transportation Dept. Lol.

I was expecting Carson to take Surgeon General or Health and Human Services, but I'm glad he didn't take that because that would have put him right in the middle of the COVID shytstorm.
    That could have been a good thing. Carson's instincts are usually good, but then again, he did have a propensity for towing the political line when necessary. I guess we'll never know if he would have thrown a flag on that nonsense.

That could have been a good thing. Carson's instincts are usually good, but then again, he did have a propensity for towing the political line when necessary. I guess we'll never know if he would have thrown a flag on that nonsense.
    It would have been a lose/lose for him. Go against the "science" and lose his credibility in the scientific community, or go with it and become part of whatever happened. And all sides of this have been all over the map. Personally I think COVID is real but the lockdowns were worse then the cure and the vaccine is not trustworthy. I would have loved to seen Carson push natural remedies. (Melatonin for example. Sunlight producing vitamin D for another). Based on his religious upbringing he knows about what really leads to good health. He could have called Fauci out for lying about masks and getting the stats wrong. But then he would have also needed to call Trump out for BS like "Taking disinfectant internally" or worse "I knew this would be bad in January but I didn't want to cause a panic." What I wish had happened was 1) take it seriously from the start, 2) ALWAYS tell the people the truth. None of this "We lied about masks because we wanted to save the PPP for first responders" crap. 3) No lockdowns. 4) Using the bully pulpit to push non-pharmaceutical remedies that have been shown to be effective.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-03-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast