Thread: Sierra Club demands the end to coal in the next 9 years

Sierra Club demands the end to coal in the next 9 years

Report: Utilities Plan to Keep Coal Plants Running

“Science shows that unless utilities retire all their coal plants by 2030, abandon all plans to build gas plants, and aggressively build out renewable energy resources, we risk destabilizing our livable climate. Despite this pressing deadline, utilities are either not moving fast enough toward these goals, or not moving at all.”

“The ‘Dirty Truth About Utility Climate Pledges’ report bears out what we’ve long suspected of utility executives who use ‘carbon pledges’ to mollify demands for climate action: They are much more talk than actual action,” said Mary Anne Hitt, National Director of Campaigns at the Sierra Club, in a news release. “The infuriating truth is that many utilities are not only protecting their coal plants from retirement, but are also actively planning to build out climate destabilizing gas plants—ignoring climate science, delaying their embrace of renewables, and pushing us further into the crisis."
    The funniest thing is that the B-H Administration's actions on fracking are expected to result in greater coal usage, not less.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) in its latest Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO), released Jan. 12, forecasts that generation from coal-fired power plants will jump 14% this year from 2020 levels, after a steep 20% drop last year from 2019. The EIA expects generation from gas-fired power plants will fall about 8% in 2021 from year-ago levels, which would mark the first year-over-year drop in gas-fired generation since 2017. ...The EIA in the STEO said the increase in coal-fired output, and the decline in gas-fired generation, primarily will be due to higher prices for natural gas this year.
    But seriously 1/4 of US electricity comes from coal and another 1/4 from natural gas. What is going to power all of those electric cars?

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! a sierra club. Oyarde demands coal fired electric as long as I want it .
    Do something Danke

“The ‘Dirty Truth About Utility Climate Pledges’ report bears out what we’ve long suspected of utility executives who use ‘carbon pledges’ to mollify demands for climate action: They are much more talk than actual action,”
    Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    But seriously 1/4 of US electricity comes from coal and another 1/4 from natural gas. What is going to power all of those electric cars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    We´ve been told that human overpopulation causes deforestation...
    I could argue of course that all of these wind turbines that hardly generate energy take up space where trees could grow. But it´s even worse!
    We all know that it´s horrible that Brazil´s president Bolsonaro threatens to sell the “lungs of the earth” Amazon (I´ve even seen “conspiracy theories” that Bolsonaro had fires started in the Amazon). The European Union is actually calling for cutting and burning trees, subsidised, under the name of “renewable energy”!
    Everybody in the Netherlands, where I survive, can see that this is happening at a rapid pace.
    Green-energy-is-big-business
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

How about we just shove a chunk of coal up each of their asses and see if they can $#@! a diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Some big businesses are more equal than others.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Maybe the Sierra Club should shut up and go $#@! themselves.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-31-2021 at 08:05 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge