Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romney: For ‘National Unity,’ Republicans Must Publicly Say Biden Won Legitimately

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Rand endorsed Romney over his own father
    That's not true, and you know it. We've been over this before, and not even that long ago. And here you are repeating the same thing that you just saw disproved.

Rand never endorsed Romney over his own dad. He only endorsed Romney for the general election, over Obama, and not his dad. It was the very same lesser-of-two evils argument of choosing the R candidate over the D candidate, and never had anything to do with choosing Romney to be that R candidate over his dad or anyone else. It was the same as choosing Trump over Hillary or Biden.

When Ron was running against Romney for the Republican nomination, Rand endorsed and campaigned for his dad and no one else for that nomination.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mitt is $#@!t.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    That's not true, and you know it. We've been over this before, and not even that long ago.
    Ron was still active in the primary and collecting money to campaign and influence the party direction at the convention.

There were still primary contests to be held when Rand endorsed.

Rand endorsed Romney rather than his dad.

Period.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Ron was still active in the primary and collecting money to campaign and influence the party direction at the convention.
    Yes. And Rand continued to endorse and support Ron's effort to do that. Rand's endorsement of Romney against Obama had nothing to do with that ongoing effort that both he and his dad continued to be involved in for those delegates to influence the party.

But when Rand endorsed Romney over Obama, Ron was not trying to win the Republican nomination anymore, and had said so explicitly.

Period.
    What did he endorse Romney for rather than his dad?

Was it the Republican nomination? No. Rand only ever endorsed his dad and no one else for the 2012 Republican nomination.

Was it for influencing the GOP with delegates at the convention? No. Rand only ever gave any support to the strategy of delegates who supported his dad over Romney doing that, and not delegates who supported Romney over his dad and who would oppose the efforts of those Ron Paul supporting delegates.

Was it for the general election? No. Because his dad didn't run in the general election.

There is no conceivable way to construe Rand's endorsement of Romney over Obama as an endorsement of Romney over his dad. That never happened.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 01-29-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Put a mask over our mouth & gives us a script to parrot.

Lol. GTFO

Btw Private Equity is Romney’s bread & butter with Bain & PE controls voting machines

There were still primary contests to be held when Rand endorsed.

Period.
    There were still two primaries left, with a total of 63 delegates between them. Romney had secured the nomination two weeks earlier. Or was there only one, a state with only unsecured delegates? The media was working 24/7 to drive a wedge between libertarians and the GOP.

You're spinning this rather harshly.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    There were still two primaries left, with a total of 63 delegates between them. Romney had secured the nomination two weeks earlier. Or was there only one, a state with only unsecured delegates? The media was working 24/7 to drive a wedge between libertarians and the GOP.

My understanding, as well.
    There is no spoon.

I believe there was only one left, Utah.

And Rand never framed his endorsement as having anything to do with how Republican voters in Utah should cast their votes in that primary. Nor did Ron or anyone in his campaign seem to take it as if he did. Ron had already stated clearly that he could no longer win the nomination and that he was only trying to influence the party with however many delegates he could bring to the convention, and Rand was supportive of that and never said anything in his endorsement of Romney over Obama (nor on any other occasion) that could be construed as undermining that.

The source of the myth that Rand somehow betrayed his dad by endorsing Romney over him goes back to the idea a lot of Ron Paul supporters (including on this site) had, that there was some kind of stealth delegate strategy, where even though Romney had already secured more than enough pledged delegates to win the nomination with ease, Ron could somehow still win by getting Ron Paul supporters to sneak in as pledged Romney delegates who would then vote for Ron instead at the national convention. Neither Ron himself nor anyone with an official connection to him ever gave a shred of support to that idea. At the point in time that Rand endorsed Romney, the only hope that anyone had for Ron to win the nomination was among those rogue supporters who were trying to force Ron into the nomination through a totally implausible process that he himself didn't support. The supporters who still clung to that idea seemed to think that Ron was secretly on board and just couldn't say so openly. So when Rand endorsed Romney, it was a blow to them. The fact is, the very fact that Rand did that is proof that Ron wasn't secretly on board with that stealth delegate strategy. Ron's agenda at that point was exactly what he himself said it was and nothing more, which was to influence the party. An agenda that Rand also supported and never once did anything to undermine.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 01-29-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Romney . Ya , AF had it right he can eat a bag of dicks .
    Be careful. If Romney reads this and then actually eats a bag of dicks, they might be able to arrest you four years later.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Be careful. If Romney reads this and then actually eats a bag of dicks, they might be able to arrest you four years later.
    My defense will be there was no reason for me to believe he had not already committed this heinous act on other occasions before.
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well $#@! YOU Romney because I REFUSE to say that.

Funny how their definition of Unity means ACCEPTING LIES

I got another word for this: BRAIN WASHING.

ROMNEY IS A TREASONOUS TRAITOR.

So, yes, Snowden, what Romney is basically saying is an advanced form of SURRENDER ENEMY.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 01-29-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Eh, I think the stop the steal nonsense will just fade away into the memory hole soon enough.
    That seems very unlikely since Trump will keep dominating the news cycle.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It is the RESPONSIBILITY of a Free People to REMEMBER the things that Enemies of Freedom DO NOT want you to Remember.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That seems very unlikely since Trump will keep dominating the news cycle.
    Will he?

Is he in charge of the news cycle?
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Will he?

Is he in charge of the news cycle?
    WE are in charge of the News Cycle. So long as we continue to discuss the things they DEMAND we NOT DISCUSS.

If we expect big companies to be the MEMORY of the COUNTRY, they will do EXACTLY THAT. And will EDIT our HISTORY so in 100 years time, our childrens children will never even know that Freedom once existed.

We must NOT RELENT. We must NOT FORGET.
    1776 > 1984

The source of the myth that Rand somehow betrayed his dad by endorsing Romney
    This is what I think there was a lot of dirty dirty stuff going on. I feel like I betrayed Ron Paul by not being more vocal and working a little harder for him. We have let the system push us down. I did not nor would I ever vote for Romney. I can't remember who I voted for in that election. I knew that O was going to win though. We should have hooked up with Sarah Palin more and kicked McCain's teeth in. I think Sarah Palin ought to be out there more.

We let the media tear us down we should have been spitting in the media's eye and calling them what they are. We let the media shout us down about racist BS. Ron had a lot of black and hispanic support too. We let a bunch of crooked amateurs run Ron's campaign. We of all groups knew something like what Biden is doing now was coming we needed to get more vocal with Trump. At least Rand was advising him I wish Ron had been too. Trump should have let Napolitano in too. He let and bunch of @$$ holes in instead. We really could have pushed our agenda with Trump and we let that slip thru our fingers. The uniparty for sure did not want Trump any where near Ron and Rand or Sarah Palin..

Romney is a dirt bag.

On the up side about 6 years ago I read someone's analysis on when Libertarian might be abbe to start winning elections and they said 2004

I wish it hadn't been brought up.

While not entirely forgiving Rand, I've buried the hatchet and moved on.

But I will not let the facts get blurred on this by decade after the fact spin.

Ron had sent out numerous emails stating he was still actively campaigning as part of the effort to re-direct the GOP into more liberty minded directions.

He was also still asking for donations.

Rand's response should have been: "My father is still part of this campaign. I support him over anybody else and if he is not the nominee at the convention, I will announce my endorsement then."

To endorse Romney over Ron, while Ron was still actively looking for donations and claiming to be part of the campaign, is either grift, a treacherous stab in the back by Rand or a monumental $#@! up in timing by both.

Probably all three.

That's how I still see it.

YMMV
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-29-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Maybe time to re-watch one of the most important but neglected videos of the time

And if you're going to bash long-time Ron Paul employee Penny Freeman please have some facts to back it up

The Ron Paul Revolution was alive then. Now ? What has it become? How did so many go from Ron Paul to Donald the Buffoon? Why do so many Americans worship politicians and not messages and ideals?

Look at the Lemmings in the D-Rat party- pretending to love one of the most despicable people to ever set foot in Washington, District of Criminals- Joe Biden, who might as well be Republican for all the horrible policies he has been responsible for.

BRING BACK THE REVOLUTION

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    National Unity= Do what the Rats say, especially when the Fauci KingRat orders your next Death Jab. Oh and when the Drag Queen wants to 'read' to your child, hand over its not like the kid is yours.

I'll Be Unified in Saying This

$#@! you, Mitt Romney, you domestic terrorist.
    "The thoughts of the diligent lead surely to profit, but everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty." - Proverbs 21:5

"If Congress was serious about ending inflation, it would cut spending — starting with overseas militarism and corporate welfare." - Dr. Ron Paul

Nothing about mitt and a bag of dicks has changed for certain.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Eh, I think the stop the steal nonsense will just fade away into the memory hole soon enough.
    That did not age well did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    BRING BACK THE REVOLUTION

$#@!ing right, and this time there is no room for $#@!ing bouquets of flowers.

Now war is declared, the battle come down...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12