Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Douglass Mackey (aka "Ricky Vaughn") indicted, CONVICTED for political memes

Exclamation Douglass Mackey (aka "Ricky Vaughn") indicted, CONVICTED for political memes

Facing 10 years in prison...for writing what amounts to political cartoons.

Pro-Trump Meme Maker “Ricky Vaughn” Indicted For Using Twitter to ‘Spread Election Disinformation’ to Hillary Clinton Voters in 2016 – Faces 10 Years in Prison

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-years-prison/

By Cristina Laila

Published January 27, 2021 at 3:56pm

Twitter avatar used by “Ricky Vaughn”

A pro-Trump meme maker and Twitter troll was indicted Wednesday by the feds for using the social media platform to ‘spread election disinformation’ to Hillary Clinton voters in 2016.

“Ricky Vaughn” AKA, Douglass Mackey, used Twitter to post memes and troll Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election cycle.

31-year-old Mackey was arrested in West Palm Beach on one charge of conspiracy against rights and faces up to 10 years in prison.

According to the unsealed indictment, Mackey conspired with others on Twitter to encourage black people to cast their votes via text message.

The Eastern District of New York said in its indictment that one week before the 2016 election, Mackey tweeted an image of a black woman in front of an “African Americans for President Hillary” sign.

Emblazoned on the picture was the message: “Avoid the Line. Vote from Home. Text ‘Hillary’ to 59925. Vote for Hillary and be a part of history”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1354592776176824321
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

A) Did anybody actually fall for this tweet and try to vote for Hillary by text?

B) Babylon Bee should be afraid.

C) I agree with @dannno that someone should do a direct presentment to a grand jury to indict Ms. Kristina Wong for the same thing. Direct presentment is a way a private citizen can get someone indicted without the aid of a prosecutor. You don't even have to be an attorney or use an attorney.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

$#@!ing crazy. This is the kind of $#@! that happens in the UK.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    C) I agree with @dannno that someone should do a direct presentment to a grand jury to indict Ms. Kristina Wong for the same thing. Direct presentment is a way a private citizen can get someone indicted without the aid of a prosecutor. You don't even have to be an attorney or use an attorney.
    I am intrigued by your ideas, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously though, what's this all about...tell me more...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I am intrigued by your ideas, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously though, what's this all about...tell me more...
    It's a way to get around "prosecutoral discretion." Prosecutoral discretion is the idea that a prosecutor has the right not to prosecute. Witnesses could see a bank robbery happening in broad daylight and technically the DA doesn't have to prosecute. Supposedly political pressure would force the DA to prosecute all cases with merit because they could get voted out of office. But that doesn't always happen.

Here is the Tennessee statute: https://law.justia.com/codes/tenness...tion-40-3-102/

In some states, such as Tennessee, any citizen can present information to a grand jury and the grand jury is required to look at it to see if a crime has been committed. The grand jury is made up of regular people just like the petite jury (what you normally see in courtroom dramas). This information is supposed to be posted in all court clerk's offices in Tennessee. A friend of mine who is a Ron Paul supporter, and believe it or not a democrat, used this to try to get an indictment against some politically powerful but corrupt individuals. The corrupt DAs office found a way around this by sending the rest of the grand jury home. My friend was fighting by himself and he didn't get far with it, but he at least forced the clerks office to post the information about direct presentment.

Another end run around prosecutoral discretion is to petition the court to appoint a prosecutor pro tempore. Here is a real word example from Utah.

https://dc.law.utah.edu/scholarship/134/

Abstract
    This is a petition filed in the Utah Supreme Court on behalf of four women (Jane Does 1, 2, 3, and 4) who were sexually assaulted, and yet the public prosecutor with jurisdiction refused to file criminal charges against their attackers. The petition relies on Utah Constitution, article VIII, § 16, which anticipates situations where a crime victim might need her own avenue for initiating criminal prosecution. Accordingly, this constitutional provision provides that “f a public prosecutor fails or refuses to prosecute, the Supreme Court shall have power to appoint a prosecutor pro tempore.” Indeed, to underscore the fact that other ways to initiate a prosecution are available, the provision specifically states that public prosecutors in this state shall have the “primary responsibility” for prosecuting crimes. “Primary” responsibility is, of course, not the same as exclusive responsibility.

This petition explains why the Utah Supreme Court to use its power to appoint a prosecutor, both to bring justice for these four particular sexual assault victims and, more broadly, to help protect a class of victims – women and girls who have been sexually assaulted – who are under-protected by current prosecutorial practices in our country. The petition argues that the Court can address systemic under-prosecution of rape cases through its power under the Utah Constitution, not only under the Court-Appointed Prosecutor Provision, art. VIII, § 16, but also to protect rights contained in Utah’s Victims’ Rights Amendment, art. I, § 28, the Utah Uniform Operation of Laws Clause, art. I, § 24, and the Utah Equal Rights Provision, art. IV, § 1. It also has power to act through the federal Equal Protection Clause, U.S. Const., amend. XIV.

The petition concludes by asking for the Court to appoint a prosecutor to prosecute the sexual assaults committed against the four Jane Does.

That said, I just read the indictment of Ricky Vaughn and I see that it's a federal case. Presentment to a Federal Grand Jury was initially the law of the land, but apparently that was done away by fiat in 1946. I found this on the Fedbook page of the "Federal Presentment Restoration Society."

About

A non-political foundation handling the day-to-day operations to educate Americans and their legislators regarding traditional federal grand jury "presentment" power in facilitating federal office oversight, removed in 1946 by fiat - unconstitutionally.

Presentment is the action of a federal grand jury to inquire, ex mero motu, into federal malfeasance. Ex mero motu is Latin for "by its own whim."

This merits more investigation. If this process could be restored...the republic would be restored.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Pro-Trump Meme Maker “Ricky Vaughn” Indicted For Using Twitter to ‘Spread Election Disinformation’ to Hillary Clinton Voters in 2016 – Faces 10 Years in Prison
    Wow, such harsh punishment over 1st amendment free speech rights?

If above reporting is not fakenews, this Dems admin admin could be seen as "GOP-Adelson admin on steroids".

Cartoonist banned from Trump White House over hate speech against top Obama donor
    July 10, 2019
    Cartoonist Ben Garrison has been disinvited from the White House Social Media Summit according to Politico Playbook.

Trump guts the First Amendment: signs Executive Order suppressing criticism of Israel

That said, I just read the indictment of Ricky Vaughn and I see that it's a federal case. Presentment to a Federal Grand Jury was initially the law of the land, but apparently that was done away by fiat in 1946. I found this on the Fedbook page of the "Federal Presentment Restoration Society."
    And here I was, actually getting some hope up that maybe a loophole had been found.

LOL - How silly of me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that result in any "citizen indictment" just being dropped and the charges reinstated by the feds?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Cartoonist banned from Trump White House over hate speech against top Obama donor
    Not on the same level as going to prison for ten years.

Go slide someone else's thread.

Not on the same level as going to prison for ten years.
    That's exactly what I said:

If above reporting is not fakenews, this Dems admin admin could be seen as "GOP-Adelson admin on steroids".

Biden admin is showing that whatever Trump could do, they could super-alpha their moves and do it many magnitudes bigger.

Erosion of rights tends to be a slippery slope.

And here I was, actually getting some hope up that maybe a loophole had been found.

LOL - How silly of me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that result in any "citizen indictment" just being dropped and the charges reinstated by the feds?
    Well...the loophole is there for state cases. It might be possible to sue Ms. Kristina Wong civilly and cite the criminal statute and ask for an injunction against her. That doesn't carry the same weight as 10 years in prison...but it would be a propaganda victory. I looked up the statute Vaughn is being charged under:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/241
    If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Hmmmm...if conspiring to fool someone into not effectively casting his vote counts as an "injury" then all one needs to show is that Ms. Vaughn shared this tweet with liberal friends for them to share to Trump supporters.

Now, other concrete steps that could actually be taken.

A) I'm sure there are crimes happening in every state by corrupt officials and their cronies that could be brought forward through direct presentment where it's available.

B) We need to educate ourselves about what happened in 1946 and what needs to happen to undo that. Seriously I wouldn't have even looked into this if it weren't for this thread. (Pat yourself on the back).

C) We have to spread the word. Unfortunately that will be made more difficult thanks to the fallout from the January 6th antics. It would be great if people like Rand Paul, Mike Lee and Thomas Mackie were talking about this on the floor of the House and the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    That's exactly what I said:

Biden admin is showing that whatever Trump could do, they could super-alpha their moves and do it many magnitudes bigger.

Erosion of rights tends to be a slippery slope.
    I have a hard time deciphering anything you say.

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—
    Am I reading this correctly?

If I am, should Dorsey and Zuckerberg and all the rest of those $#@!s be afraid?

Am I reading this correctly?

If I am, should Dorsey and Zuckerberg and all the rest of those $#@!s be afraid?
    Hmmmm.....maybe. Make your case. I know that a case could be made against Dorsey, Zuckerberg and actors at Google for violations of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act and that has criminal and civil penalties. Zuckerberg in the Section 230 hearings had to address the whistleblower allegations that Facebook, Google and Twitter shared information about who to deplatform.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/17/zucker...oogle-twitter/

Here is the relevant language from the Sherman Anti Trust Act.

15 U.S. Code § 1 - Trusts, etc., in restraint of trade illegal; penalty

Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, is declared to be illegal. Every person who shall make any contract or engage in any combination or conspiracy hereby declared to be illegal shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding $100,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other person, $1,000,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding 10 years, or by both said punishments, in the discretion of the court.

I would say that conspiring to take people off of social media platforms who were selling things off of those social medial platforms is a prima facia case for a "conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States." And note that they could spend 10 years in a Federal prison over this.

But everything I've read about the current anti-Trust case against Facebook is all about their acquiring WhatsApp and Instagram. That's well and good, but it doesn't bring up the de-platforming issue. And the push to repeal Section 230 would affect websites like this one. People are barking up the wrong tree. Somebody needs to file an antitrust lawsuit against Facebook, Twitter and Google. It needs to be someone who got de-platformed, preferably off of multiple platforms, in order to have standing.

I've talked about the Sherman Anti-Trust act over and over again but sadly few people seem to be listening and nobody on the national stage (that I know of) has suggested using the Sherman Antitrust Act against de-platforming.

Justice will not be found in their courts.

Arrested for a MEME? Lawyer Explains - Viva Frei Vlawg
    It actually happened. Someone in the U.S. has been arrested for a meme. Here's the breakdown of Douglass Mackey, arrested for election interference resulting from memes.
    https://rumble.com/vdd493-arrested-f...rei-vlawg.html

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Justice will not be found in their courts.
    Well, we've been saying it since this forums was founded. It's been never more evident. So what now?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, we've been saying it since this forums was founded. It's been never more evident. So what now?
    Those willing to extract justice must take it upon themselves.

Then they must be prepared to defend themselves from those who would withhold said justice.

It's a huge gamble but when a man is pushed into fight or flight he must choose.

Those willing to extract justice must take it upon themselves.

Then they must be prepared to defend themselves from those who would withhold said justice.

It's a huge gamble but when a man is pushed into fight or flight he must choose.
    O.K. So it is personal?

If one loses their job it is solely on that individual to enact "justice."

For example, @AntiFederalist, just lost his job, and so did his shipmates, and tens of thousands others, but because I live in the Piedmont of N.C. I should really pay no heed because it does not affect me, other than a rise in my gas prices and grocery bills.

Since the petroleum fuel industry powers the country shouldn't "do nothing" sympathizers just do our part and bring the whole grid down so that those, living in their cities and supporting the bull$#@!, lose their jobs.

If I lost my job because of Biden, I'd wreck the power grid in my area. All companies/businesses closed. Let's ALL feel the pain.

O.K. So it is personal?

If one loses their job it is solely on that individual to enact "justice."

For example, @AntiFederalist, just lost his job, and so did his shipmates, and tens of thousands others, but because I live in the Piedmont of N.C. I should really pay no heed because it does not affect me, other than a rise in my gas prices and grocery bills.

Since the petroleum fuel industry powers the country shouldn't "do nothing" sympathizers just do our part and bring the whole grid down so that those, living in their cities and supporting the bull$#@!, lose their jobs.

If I lost my job because of Biden, I'd wreck the power grid in my area. All companies/businesses closed. Let's ALL feel the pain.
    Personal or not isn't really the issue in order to extract justice......Anyone can for any reason.

Where it becomes personal is when their "Just-Us" system comes for the person who sought justice outside of their control.

It'll get bloody quickly.

Whether or not "do nothing sympathizers" band together is not something to discuss using 1's-n-0's, there are government sympathizers in every little town and on every digital means of communication, hell I'm reading articles about kids turning in parents!

Anything substantive will take community, in person discreet community, and even then the risk it total...........But so is the reward.

My gut says when things go off neither coast is going to fare well, my gut also says folks out here in the sticks are prone to support small/anti-government factions over the big-gov factions but we'll have our own battles with government sympathizers in our midst.

100 miles is too close to a major (200k) city in my opinion.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-years-prison/

By Cristina Laila

Published January 27, 2021 at 3:56pm

Twitter avatar used by “Ricky Vaughn”

A pro-Trump meme maker and Twitter troll was indicted Wednesday by the feds for using the social media platform to ‘spread election disinformation’ to Hillary Clinton voters in 2016.

“Ricky Vaughn” AKA, Douglass Mackey, used Twitter to post memes and troll Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election cycle.

31-year-old Mackey was arrested in West Palm Beach on one charge of conspiracy against rights and faces up to 10 years in prison.

According to the unsealed indictment, Mackey conspired with others on Twitter to encourage black people to cast their votes via text message.

The Eastern District of New York said in its indictment that one week before the 2016 election, Mackey tweeted an image of a black woman in front of an “African Americans for President Hillary” sign.

Emblazoned on the picture was the message: “Avoid the Line. Vote from Home. Text ‘Hillary’ to 59925. Vote for Hillary and be a part of history”
    He was arrested and indicted because he is a white Trumpian

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Hmmmm.....maybe. Make your case. I know that a case could be made against Dorsey, Zuckerberg and actors at Google for violations of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act and that has criminal and civil penalties. Zuckerberg in the Section 230 hearings had to address the whistleblower allegations that Facebook, Google and Twitter shared information about who to deplatform.
    If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States
    Is threatening to deplatform a threat or intimidation?

Doxxing?

Personal or not isn't really the issue in order to extract justice......Anyone can for any reason.

Where it becomes personal is when their "Just-Us" system comes for the person who sought justice outside of their control.

It'll get bloody quickly.

Whether or not "do nothing sympathizers" band together is not something to discuss using 1's-n-0's, there are government sympathizers in every little town and on every digital means of communication, hell I'm reading articles about kids turning in parents!

Anything substantive will take community, in person discreet community, and even then the risk it total...........But so is the reward.

My gut says when things go off neither coast is going to fare well, my gut also says folks out here in the sticks are prone to support small/anti-government factions over the big-gov factions but we'll have our own battles with government sympathizers in our midst.

100 miles is too close to a major (200k) city in my opinion.
    The thing is the ONLY way those in the sticks remain in relative tranquility, is if those in coastal cities are deprived so much they eat up a majority of Fed. Gov. energy and manpower.
    You like to say if those in the country simply boycott then the Fed. will be heeled.
    Sorry, they won't. They will just send in all resources and take from you.
    Unless they are dealing with meltdowns in cities.
    And that is gonna take more then just boycotting.

The thing is the ONLY way those in the sticks remain in relative tranquility, is if those in coastal cities are deprived so much they eat up a majority of Fed. Gov. energy and manpower.
    You like to say if those in the country simply boycott then the Fed. will be heeled.
    Sorry, they won't. They will just send in all resources and take from you.
    Unless they are dealing with meltdowns in cities.
    And that is gonna take more then just boycotting.
    Heeled and brought to heel are two distinctly different things.

And cities could be brought to heel by country folk acting en masse, of course the cities would riot and meltdown and the feds would try to intervene but realistically where would they focus their might? The 97,879 county road inspection points or the multi-hundred thousand person riots in every metroplex.

Cities and the government their inhabitants elect are very fragile, they can be brought to heel especially if enough rural people realize the power they wield...

None of this is going to help AF and his shipmates short term, hell it won't help anyone short term but such behavior could shift the power balance.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is threatening to deplatform a threat or intimidation?
    It takes more than just a threat of something bad happening. The bad thing that might happen has to be a "right or privilege secured by the Constitution or laws of the United States." Threatening to deplatform someone from RonPaulForums.com, for example, isn't covered because that is not a "right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States." Whenever you evaluate what twits and Twitter do, ask yourself "Would I convict RPF owners/mods for doing the same thing?" Now if there was secret coordination between a lot of different liberty forums and they conspired to silence someone, no matter how annoying that person might be, you could make an antitrust claim. Conservatives seem to shy away from antitrust law based on the mistaken belief that it's anti free market. The opposite is true.

Doxxing?
    I've heard of people doxxed on FB and Twitter, but not by FB and Twitter. I know Candace Owens got her start when she set up an anti-bullying website that doxxed people and she got mad for being called out on it, then she jumped ship from being a liberal to being a conservative. (I always have trouble wrapping my mind around that story but anyway). But let's go with that. Is revealing the actual identity of someone a crime? I supposed Douglass Mackay / Ricky Vaughn has been "doxxed" by this lawsuit. I dunno. I will need a specific example.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Arrested for a MEME? Lawyer Explains - Viva Frei Vlawg

https://rumble.com/vdd493-arrested-f...rei-vlawg.html

Thanks for posting this, and thanks for using the new Rumble tag and thanks again to @Bryan for adding Rumble, Bitchue and Vimeo support!

I noticed after watching this another law that Douglass Mackay / Ricky Vaughn may have violated. At 9:30 in Viva Frei shows a meme that at the bottom says "Paid For By Hillary For President 2016." In Tennessee that's a misdemeanor. I don't know what state Mr. Mackay was in when he allegedly created this meme (if it's his meme). Here's the law.

Tennessee Code 2-19-116 – Misrepresentations on campaign literature or sample ballots — Penalty

(a) No person shall print or cause to be printed or assist in the distribution or transportation of any facsimile of an official ballot, any unofficial sample ballot, writing, pamphlet, paper, photograph or other printed material which contains the endorsement of a particular candidate, group of candidates or proposition by an organization, group, candidate or other individual, whether existent or not, with the intent that the person receiving such printed material mistakenly believe that the endorsement of such candidate, candidates or proposition was made by an organization, group, candidate or entity other than the one or ones appearing on the printed material.

(b) A violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor.

Now technically this meme isn't "printed material" so I suppose it could fly. But the legislature could easily amend it to cover electronic media as well, and who knows what laws are on the books in other states. There is a Federal equivalent to this law.

https://law.justia.com/codes/us/1997...bchapi/sec441h
    §441h. Fraudulent misrepresentation of campaign authority
    No person who is a candidate for Federal office or an employee or agent of such a candidate shall—

(1) fraudulently misrepresent himself or any committee or organization under his control as speaking or writing or otherwise acting for or on behalf of any other candidate or political party or employee or agent thereof on a matter which is damaging to such other candidate or political party or employee or agent thereof; or

(2) willfully and knowingly participate in or conspire to participate in any plan, scheme, or design to violate paragraph (1).

Douglass Mackay doesn't fall under this because he wasn't a federal candidate or employee or agent of a federal candidate. But if anybody employed by any federal candidate retweeted this particular meme he would be in violation of election law. And this meme is a type of libel as it fraudulently claims the Hillary Clinton campaign paid for it when they in fact did not. One could argue this was just satire, but the evidence seems to indicate an intent for some people, albeit some very stupid people, to think it was true.

Remember the grief over the Ron Paul newsletters? Say if the next time we had someone as good as Ron Paul running for president somebody put out a meme with things that were MUCH worse and at the bottom wrote "Paid For By The Committee To Elect (Fill-In-The-Blank) For President." How would we feel about that?

Looking back at other recent cases, it becomes more and more evident that new Dem administration is more aggressive than the last one wrt to 1st and 2nd amendments shifts:

Man who followed Pittsburgh suspect on social media arrested
    Nov 19, 2018
    CNN - The Lead
    A Washington man who followed the Pittsburgh synagogue suspect on social media was arrested on gun charges after his relatives reached out to authorities, federal court documents show. CNN's Jake Tapper reports.

Now if there was secret coordination between a lot of different liberty forums and they conspired to silence someone, no matter how annoying that person might be, you could make an antitrust claim. Conservatives seem to shy away from antitrust law based on the mistaken belief that it's anti free market. The opposite is true.
    That's where I was going with this...as easy as it is to convict of collusion or conspiracy these days, it would seem that there would be some law on the books that the tech tyrants are violating and in collusion with each to do it.

That's where I was going with this...as easy as it is to convict of collusion or conspiracy these days, it would seem that there would be some law on the books that the tech tyrants are violating and in collusion with each to do it.
    Yep. So this is what we need. We need to find one person who has been de-platformed and is willing to file a class action antitrust suit against Facebook, Google and Twitter. Do you know anybody personally? (I am being serious here).

Yep. So this is what we need. We need to find one person who has been de-platformed and is willing to file a class action antitrust suit against Facebook, Google and Twitter. Do you know anybody personally? (I am being serious here).
    As a matter of fact I do.

I'll run it past them.

Someone on the national stage, maybe Mike Rowe?

He's been booted, has "cred" and is not wild eyed and raving.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast