Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reddit Trolls Wall St. Hedge Funds, Buying Up GameStop Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I have not ruled out this is planned.

The origin of the "inside info" so to speak of Gamestop being 140% shorted was convenient. Also, there's people commenting that the million dollar investors in WBS are suspect (Portnoy being one).
    It was my impression that it was not inside info. It was just some Reddit guy looking at public statements and doing some math. I could be wrong. I am just catching up on what has happened myself.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Been following this. If they try to short squeeze silver I might get in and ride it as high as I dare.
    Seeing as silver is under valued, it is not overly risky to buy right now, at today’s price. It would always go up and down, but there is far more upside right now, simply looking at money printing and monetary inflation.

On the other hand, Reddit will probably be forced to ban or remove that sub-Reddit before they can go after silver. The current silver price is the tolerable price to the powers that be. Will we see all of the social media companies playing whack-a-mole to ban any stock market talk? We saw them do it to many conservatives and libertarians already.

I’d wager that trading in silver related ETFs will be halted almost immediately if the investor mob goes after silver.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    how th fk did i miss this ?

what do i buy, i want to be rich and shape people!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

its lehman all over agian!

they are doing it for real this time and we all locked up n sh it
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Seeing as silver is under valued, it is not overly risky to buy right now, at today’s price. It would always go up and down, but there is far more upside right now, simply looking at money printing and monetary inflation.

On the other hand, Reddit will probably be forced to ban or remove that sub-Reddit before they can go after silver. The current silver price is the tolerable price to the powers that be. Will we see all of the social media companies playing whack-a-mole to ban any stock market talk? We saw them do it to many conservatives and libertarians already.

I’d wager that trading in silver related ETFs will be halted almost immediately if the investor mob goes after silver.
    Yeah I think either the exchanges or SEC will put a halt to it. I am following the subreddit tonight and will see what happens in the morning. They haven't decided which ETF to go after yet. SLV seems to be most likely. Some are buying PSLV and others are buying physical. It's not quite organized yet like the GME thing.

I didn't read the thread but I've been a reader of WSB for months and knew this was coming. Trolls? Come on, man. Buzzfeed? Since when does dannno post buzzfeed links? Is your mask slipping dannno?

Any way, GME was illegally naked shorted to 140% of TOTAL GME STOCK ISSUE and the hedgies were caught by some smooth-brained autistic retards with a few dollars to blow who realized that an unorganized crowd-sourced short squeeze would break those hedge funds. Hilarity, chaos and debauchery has ensued. And Wall St and the media has once again shown who they work for...since Wall St has literally been at war with Americans for a long time (see: Trading With The Enemy Act.....1933 and everything that came with it....who's the enemy?)

Every financial news article since this started has framed it like it's teh scary internets ganging up on poor little Wall St hedgies, when in reality it was those hedge funds, once again, engaging in illegal trading that the average person would have been thrown under the prison for, but that's NEVER mentioned in the articles, including OP's and they were caught on it and are being hoisted by their own petard. As usual, the SEC ignores almost everything illegal Wall St does. Now, Wall St is in a tizzy and collectively engaging in their own doubling down on illegal behavior to protect the crooks, including locking out trading accounts and 100% fake news releases to cover for the crooks that have been looting this country for a long time. My bet is Tesla eventually acquires Gamestop for in-car gaming and entertainment. Gotta have something to do while the self driving robot car isn't trying to run you into a concrete barrier at 90mph...

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I wonder at what point short selling now would be a pretty smart move.
    You go ahead and do that. It's a very savvy move.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-27-2021 at 11:19 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

It was my impression that it was not inside info. It was just some Reddit guy looking at public statements and doing some math. I could be wrong. I am just catching up on what has happened myself.
    Yeah, there was no trading on insider info. When an investor starts taking positions in a company beyond certain thresholds, then the investor has file certain disclosures with the SEC (usually at the end of the quarter). This is all public information. In fact, other investors sometimes scrutinize the disclosures filed by successful investors like Warren Buffett or Dr. Michael Burry to see what companies they have taken positions in for the purpose deciding whether to invest in those same companies.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I didn't read the thread but I've been a reader of WSB for months and knew this was coming. Trolls? Come on, man. Buzzfeed? Since when does dannno post buzzfeed links? Is your mask slipping dannno?

Any way, GME was illegally naked shorted to 140% of TOTAL GME STOCK ISSUE and the hedgies were caught by some smooth-brained autistic retards with a few dollars to blow who realized that an unorganized crowd-sourced short squeeze would break those hedge funds. Hilarity, chaos and debauchery has ensued. And Wall St and the media has once again shown who they work for...since Wall St has literally been at war with Americans for a long time (see: Trading With The Enemy Act.....1933 and everything that came with it....who's the enemy?)

Every financial news article since this started has framed it like it's teh scary internets ganging up on poor little Wall St hedgies, when in reality it was those hedge funds, once again, engaging in illegal trading that the average person would have been thrown under the prison for, but that's NEVER mentioned in the articles, including OP's and they were caught on it and are being hoisted by their own petard. As usual, the SEC ignores almost everything illegal Wall St does. Now, Wall St is in a tizzy and collectively engaging in their own doubling down on illegal behavior to protect the crooks, including locking out trading accounts and 100% fake news releases to cover for the crooks that have been looting this country for a long time. My bet is Tesla eventually acquires Gamestop for in-car gaming and entertainment. Gotta have something to do while the self driving robot car isn't trying to run you into a concrete barrier at 90mph...

You go ahead and do that. It's a very savvy move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
    Yeah, there was no trading on insider info. When an investor starts taking positions in a company beyond certain thresholds, then the investor has file certain disclosures with the SEC (usually at the end of the quarter). This is all public information. In fact, other investors sometimes scrutinize the disclosures filed by successful investors like Warren Buffett or Dr. Michael Burry to see what companies they have taken positions in for the purpose deciding whether to invest in those same companies.
    I put "inside info" in quotes for a reason. I will spell it out.

The underdog narrative is "they were gonna short it anyway, we beat them to it." The MSM narrative is "mob of angry kids who aren't having enough sex are taking down hedge funds".

What do "WE" do? "WE", the supposed resistance, in knee-jerk fashion, side with underdog. Good for them, throwing rocks at the tanks.

The implication is we believe the movement of WSB is "organic". Always we believe this. January 6th was oh-so organic, until it goes wrong and we then say, "well, there was some bad actors".

How many things have to NOT go our way, before we assume the bad actors are among us from the start. WBS could be 99.9% legitimate small time investors. Those 99.9% could all decide to sell out and leave it at that today. But if this supposedly organic event is compromised and what THEY really want to do is create an event that pops the derivatives bubble, then does this "organic" mob have the power to stop it? Are there not "click farms" and contractors who can keep buying all day long pretending to be WSB even when organic WSB has sold out?

When are we going to learn that anonymous internet crap is our primary weakness?

We already know for a fact these military intelligence programs exist. But every time we see an underdog narrative play out, whether it's pizzagate, QAnon, Stop the Steal, or whatever, we assume it's organic.

Anyway, the 2008 crisis is directly related to what these underdog heroes of the day are doing. 2008 was caused by the BANKING SYSTEM being overexposed in the derivatives market, and after a few key derivatives companies went bankrupt, it caused a systemic event which required the bailing out of the banks.

We paid THE BANKS for the actions of "greedy wall street" (underdog narrative) but the MSM narrative was "lack of regulartion" which didn't change much. Things are worse now because the Fed never stopped doing what it has been doing.

If it collapses this time, whose to blame? Wall Street or angry kids? Right now it seems like fun. It's hilarious. What happens when all the pensioners and people on fixed income are informed that angry kids collapsed the economy?

Will they say "good for them", or will they say "well, can't you shut off their internet"?

We need to wise up.

EDIT: SHORTER: The underdog narrative is-more often than not-also the MSM narrative.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 01-28-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

The fun might be over. Robinhood restricted trading for GME and AMC. Went from about 460 to 120 in less than 2 hours.

The fun might be over. Robinhood restricted trading for GME and AMC. Went from about 460 to 120 in less than 2 hours.
    Now if that isn't prohibited market manipulation, then I don't know what is. Especially since I read somewhere that Robinhood is backed by one of the hedge funds that bailed out Melvin Capital.
    Last edited by Gaius Marius; 01-28-2021 at 11:03 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...87878249885696

It's already back up to 285.

Kind of reminds me of the money bombs.

Now if that isn't prohibited market manipulation, then I don't know what is. Especially since I read somewhere that Robinhood is backed by one of the hedge funds that bailed out Melvin Capital.
    Somebody is getting fined for it. The hedge funds and bankers don't care, They pay the fines and life goes on.

GME back up to 300 this is wild.

Somebody is getting fined for it. The hedge funds and bankers don't care, They pay the fines and life goes on.

GME back up to 300 this is wild.
    That's what's wrong with Wall Street. Nobody goes to jail anymore. Just pay a fine, disgorge some profits, and go back to reckless investing that endangers the financial system for the Average Joe Six Pack and use the proceeds to funnel dark money to a presidential candidate in the early stages of dementia. If the Banksters had been criminally prosecuted after the 2008 GFC and jailed, then that might have sent a message to the next generation of MBAs.

That's what's wrong with Wall Street. Nobody goes to jail anymore.
    Is that really wrong?

Should insider trading and market manipulation be illegal? It seems to me that it can play an important role in the market, if all parties are prepared to invest with the knowledge that the behaviors will be allowed and could occur.

They don't even hide it anymore. It's obvious what just happened. The hedge funders got robinhood to halt trading on $GME, tanked the price so they could buy on the dip to cover their positions which expire tomorrow. Sure they will have to pay a fine for this in the future when SEC investigates, but they just saved their asses.

That's what's wrong with Wall Street. Nobody goes to jail anymore. Just pay a fine, disgorge some profits, and go back to reckless investing that endangers the financial system for the Average Joe Six Pack and use the proceeds to funnel dark money to a presidential candidate in the early stages of dementia. If the Banksters had been criminally prosecuted after the 2008 GFC and jailed, then that might have sent a message to the next generation of MBAs.

I mean... Wut? On so many levels, I have no idea how people get these ideas in their heads.

First of all, Hedge funds played zero role in causing the financial crisis. Secondly, making bad bets is legal. Why would the hedge fund manager who shorted the stock go to jail? And you want to know who also practiced terrible risk management? All of the hodlers who are getting blown up right now.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I mean... Wut? On so many levels, I have no idea how people get these ideas in their heads.

First of all, Hedge funds played zero role in causing the financial crisis. Secondly, making bad bets is legal. Why would the hedge fund manager who shorted the stock go to jail? And you want to know who also practiced terrible risk management? All of the hodlers who are getting blown up right now.
    Because most likely the hedge fund managers conspired with robinhood TD etc to halt trading and drop the price so the hedge funds could cover their shorts. If this isn't blatant manipulation, I don't know what is.

Is is comforting to know that Pelosi, AOC, Yellin and pretty much the entirety of the establishment say “something must be done” because a stock was driven up rapidly by small investors communicating on the internet. It’s so good to see their concern for investors (hedge funds) that lost some money.

And the solutions are long overdue. Shut these upstarts down on social networks. The brokerages must stop them from buying the stock. File some charges. Arrest some of these $600 investors and especially the people who encourage them. This is insurrection.

This will solve all of the problems here. Social justice will be served.

/s

https://twitter.com/business/status/1354838148342312965

Is is comforting to know that Pelosi, AOC, Yellin and pretty much the entirety of the establishment say “something must be done” because a stock was driven up rapidly by small investors communicating on the internet. It’s so good to see their concern for investors (hedge funds) that lost some money.
    Actually, AOC is saying that "something must be done" in opposition to the Robinhood purchase blocking, rather than on behalf of hedge fund investors.

Ted Cruz agrees with her:

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1354833603943931905
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-28-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Some of the small Robinhood investors have said that they used their stimulus checks to invest (often with leverage). Who knows how many of them did that? The government keeps sending money out to everyone, and they are spending it. Is it a problem all of a sudden that some of them played in the stock casino?

And likewise, a certain percentage of people threw that stimulus money into Powerball and Mega Millions lottery tickets. Where is the outrage over that? A fool and his money are soon parted. Maybe regulation can solve that problem. Fools would like that solution, as in reality, regulation is often a new way to separate even more fools from their money.

Some of the small Robinhood investors have said that they used their stimulus checks to invest (often with leverage). Who knows how many of them did that? The government keeps sending money out to everyone, and they are spending it. Is it a problem all of a sudden that some of them played in the stock casino?

And likewise, a certain percentage of people threw that stimulus money into Powerball and Mega Millions lottery tickets. Where is the outrage over that? A fool and his money are soon parted. Maybe regulation can solve that problem. Fools would like that solution, as in reality, regulation is often a new way to separate even more fools from their money.
    Related:
    "Legendary investor Jeremy Grantham says Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus plan would make the stock market bubble even worse"
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...1-1-1029995954

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Actually, AOC is saying that "something must be done" in opposition to the Robinhood purchase blocking, rather than on behalf of hedge fund investors.

Ah, thanks for that correction. A TV news discussion was very vague and lumped AOC in with Pelosi and Yellin. I suppose their point was that all of the politicians agree that this is a job for them. A stock goes into a bubble, and it’s like Pearl Harbor.

Edit: And I agree. Brokerages saying you can sell but not buy, or vice versa, is blatant market manipulation. And who is buying when only “selling” is allowed? The brokerages? Their hedge fund buddies.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-28-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Related:
    "Legendary investor Jeremy Grantham says Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus plan would make the stock market bubble even worse"
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...1-1-1029995954
    Lol. Certainly related.

The legendary investor Jeremy Grantham warned investors during a Bloomberg interview that the $1.9 trillion in federal aid President Joe Biden is seeking from Congress would further inflate a bubble in the stock market.

The GMO cofounder told Erik Schatzker that he had "no doubt" some of the federal money would end up in the market. He said the "sad truth" about the last federal coronavirus relief package enacted in 2020 was that it didn't increase capital spending and didn't increase real production but certainly flowed into stocks.
    So he is upset if people put stimulus money into the market? How about lottery tickets? Is that a problem?

If the stimulus goes into the market, perhaps all of the other measures to prop up the market can be ended. Let’s start with raising Fed rates from nearly zero, and the Fed can stop buying debt and stocks too.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So he is upset if people put stimulus money into the market? How about lottery tickets? Is that a problem?
    I don't know if he's upset. But he sees it as a factor to consider when weighing investment decisions. He believes the stock market is in a bubble that will pop, and that the effect of the stimulus will be to inflate it more before it does.

If the stimulus goes into the market, perhaps all of the other measures to prop up the market can be ended. Let’s start with raising Fed rates from nearly zero, and the Fed can stop buying debt and stocks too.
    What we have is both/and.

I'd be for neither.

Regardless, investment decisions should account for the reality.

Brokers restrict tickers all the time. Usually it is restricting shorting but sometimes they are restricted outright.

The same people complaining about Robinhood managing risk are the same people who would whine and call for jail time if Robinhood blew up over this.

Robinhood saved their customers buying this stock a lot of money today by not allowing stock to be purchased. The odds of the stock falling today were roughly 100%. Brokers aren't dummies. Their customers who would have blown up left and right if they let them open.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

AHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What a frickin' clown show ... <*me: munches some more popcorn*>

https://twitter.com/wokal_distance/s...56351827038208

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1354848253729234944

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1354852019023052801
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-28-2021 at 12:33 PM.

silver swung as much as 1.81 today , up then back down .US economy contracted in 2020 by 3 1/2 percent , worst since 1946 with only a 4 percent growth in 4th quarter with the Christmas bump . Biden is hard at his terror war on energy while pushing 2 more trillion in debt on stimuli. makes no sense that silver would be below 26 .
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast