Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reddit Trolls Wall St. Hedge Funds, Buying Up GameStop Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Gamestop is on right at a major inflection point. If it holds below 155 or so think below 100 is in the cards. Wasn't aware of that Congress is talking about this tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if that moves the stock.
    (On GME: based on options chain as of right now, my educated guess of Friday closing price is 160.XX....but the pattern is still holding regarding my March post of closing price always landing where it ultimately keeps the most options worthless)

Media has been pretty quiet about the hearings for some reason. It's at 12pm ET. Link here, with yt stream embedded: https://financialservices.house.gov/...EventID=407748

Interestingly, the link includes some bullet points on what appears to be proposed legislation in the works:
    Legislation

H.R. ____, the "Capital Markets Engagement and Transparency Act of 2021."

H.R. ____, to amend the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 to limit the exemption provided for family offices from the definition of an investment adviser to those family offices with less than $750,000,000 in assets under management and for other purposes.

H.R. ____, to require the Securities and Exchange Commission to carry out a study on the impact of the gamification of online trading platforms, and for other purposes.

H.R. ____, to amend the Securities Act of 1934 to establish certain requirements with respect to retail investor options trading, and for other purposes.

H.R. ____, to amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to prohibit payment for order flow.

H.R. ____, to amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to prohibit trading ahead by market makers, and for other purposes.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-06-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It looks like a long slow descent down might have started today.

Judging by overall appearances, that could apply to this whole shebang, not just GME...

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Not such a good trade.

I think if tomorrow closes red then that will start the decline. If not then maybe another month or two before it starts to break down.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 05-25-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Not such a good trade.

I think if tomorrow closes red then that will start the decline. If not then maybe another month or two before it starts to break down.
    Fwiw, there's still a huge contingent of GME holders who conclude (based on reasonable research) that the big squeeze is still imminent. It is curious how a new set of SHTF rules for clearinghouses took effect today, with much more closely monitored systemic risk activity. Overhauls to index futures options monitoring also, designed to project likely payouts on SPX, for example, in the instance of a major, sudden price move. Those sorts of rule overhauls, in combination, could indicate an anticipated scenario where GME skyrockets in a squeeze but indexes simultaneously crash as liquidations occur to cover GME short margin calls.

I'm watching to see if the options chain tomorrow shows that the likely friday closing price range will result in a lot of options settling ITM. If so, it could get very, very interesting very quickly.

(eta: I assume moving the markets over to a blockchain based system is in the cards at some point. Successfully doing that would require flushing the entire system of the millions or, market-wide, billions of fake shares of companies floating around, due to naked shorts and accounting fraud. IMO, the only question is when and how does that happen.)
    Last edited by devil21; 05-27-2021 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Fwiw, there's still a huge contingent of GME holders who conclude (based on reasonable research) that the big squeeze is still imminent. It is curious how a new set of SHTF rules for clearinghouses took effect today, with much more closely monitored systemic risk activity. Overhauls to index futures options monitoring also, designed to project likely payouts on SPX, for example, in the instance of a major, sudden price move. Those sorts of rule overhauls, in combination, could indicate an anticipated scenario where GME skyrockets in a squeeze but indexes simultaneously crash as liquidations occur to cover GME short margin calls.

I'm watching to see if the options chain tomorrow shows that the likely friday closing price range will result in a lot of options settling ITM. If so, it could get very, very interesting very quickly.

The ideal would be a big gap up a pull back and rally to blow out shorts and then 100 dollar move down in the afternoon.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like Wall St's media sycophants are trying to build this narrative, as predicted. Painting retail as some sort of organized collusion operation. A ridiculous notion on its' face but truly despicable when it's obvious to anyone who has been paying attention who and where the organized collusion actually is. The rest of June through July looks mighty shaky for markets and dates past that. As we know, Wall St/bankers never accept blame for crashes. It's always a scapegoat and/or the little guy that it is pinned on. It's never the innocent pirates setting it all in motion while raking in the booty. It's always your fault....somehow. And their tv stations will be happy to tell you why.

GME shooting up again. I'm gonna make a bold prediction that they're about to use GME to start a major correction. I've been wrong before so no, this isn't advice.

"News" item released by banker controlled Reuters yesterday (2-23...322 reversed) and pushed across all major media today:

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture...l-idUSRTX9PYH4

A signal maybe? An article today pushed out to major media about shearing a sheep named Baarack (who the market bubble started under) of 77 pounds of wool...

A very good write-up on the GME shorting scam tactics here, but those tactics described can be extrapolated to the entire market to various extents:

https://prospect.org/power/how-the-g...hustle-worked/

One big house of smoke and mirrors designed to transfer regular investor's currency (retail traders, 401k, IRAs, etc) into Wall St's pockets. A grand pirate looting operation.

One big house of smoke and mirrors designed to transfer regular investor's currency (retail traders, 401k, IRAs, etc) into Wall St's pockets. A grand pirate looting operation.
    Wall Street is not a person or a corporation. It's an abstraction. A boogey man people invoke as a proxy for every imaginary oligarch who puts profits before all else. It has no pockets. But it's named after the physical street where a couple large stock exchanges are where everybody, including regular investors, can short sell stocks.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

A very good write-up on the GME shorting scam tactics here, but those tactics described can be extrapolated to the entire market to various extents:

It’s worse than most can imagine. The idiots on the left are misled and misdirected to believe that there is systemic racism, when in reality, there is systemic financial crime. Regulatory capture and kleptocracy. Crimes are no longer investigated or prosecuted.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Wall Street is not a person or a corporation. It's an abstraction. A boogey man people invoke as a proxy for every imaginary oligarch who puts profits before all else. It has no pockets. But it's named after the physical street where a couple large stock exchanges are where everybody, including regular investors, can short sell stocks.
    Bull$#@!. You sound like Jerry Nadler. “There is no Anitifa”.

It’s systemic criminal behavior. There are real people and real businesses involved in these crimes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Bull$#@!. You sound like Jerry Nadler. “There is no Anitifa”.

It’s systemic criminal behavior. There are real people and real businesses involved in these crimes.
    "Systemic criminal behavior" and you're saying I sound like Jerry Nadler?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-je...d-in-the-house
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

"Systemic criminal behavior" and you're saying I sound like Jerry Nadler?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-je...d-in-the-house
    Weak sauce. Nadler complaining in 2011 that his friends (many of whom would become Antifa members) were kicked out of a public park by Police.

Nadler is a prime example of the politicians that pretend to be opposed to high level financial crime, yet are really in their pockets and running a controlled "opposition" scam. Just like Pelosi and all of the other high level, connected insider politicians.

Weak sauce. Nadler complaining in 2011 that his friends (many of whom would become Antifa members)
    Yes. The OWS=Antifa connection is interesting to note.

I found this other forum by the way. It looks like they're struggling over there. I bet they could use a good mod who shares their principles.

http://occupywallst.org/forum/
    Ron Paul

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes. The OWS=Antifa connection is interesting to note.

I found this other forum by the way. It looks like they're struggling over there. I bet they could use a good mod who shares their principles.

http://occupywallst.org/forum/
    Yeah, because pointing out crime, and things that should be criminal, is a terrible thing.

Maybe there is a forum somewhere that supports fraud, deception, graft, cheating and theft that you might enjoy?

Yeah, because pointing out crime, and things that should be criminal, is a terrible thing.

Maybe there is a forum somewhere that supports fraud, deception, graft, cheating and theft that you might enjoy?
    I don't accept your premise that the gap in wealth between the 1% and the rest of us is because they got it by systemic criminal behavior.

It's interesting that you're not only concerned about "crime" but also "things that should be criminal," as if the politicians haven't burdened us with enough laws yet.

The reason the redditors and other small-time investors were able to profit from a short squeeze was because they were able to identify the conditions that made that possible in publicly available information. There was no whistle blower uncovering some secret fraudulent scheme in a hedge fund he worked for.

The hedge funds made a risky bet in short selling stocks they couldn't cover, and the little guys caught them on it. Kudos to both sides. And may the best man win.

Perhaps the big investors were incentivized to take risks by the easy money made available to them by Fed policies, risks that would otherwise be less attractive to them. But I can't fault them for acting within the incentives that were there in the market they were operating in. And I can't fault the redditors and their cohorts for taking advantage of the opportunity that presented to them to make some money themselves. It's a good case of the market itself punishing the mistake of the hedge funds without the need for additional anti-Wall-Street laws making criminals of the 1% in hopes that their decrease in wealth would lead to increases for the rest of us in a make-believe communist zero-sum game of an economy.

I have no dog in the GME fight. I'm too risk averse for that. But I doubt the last laugh has been had. My instinct tells me that the future isn't too bright for brick-and-mortar stores whose main product is physical video game cartridges. And I see an emotionless market that allows the market losers to lose, without being propped up by more laws based on sentimentality, nostalgia, and envy, as much more good than bad.
    Ron Paul

I don't accept your premise that the gap in wealth between the 1% and the rest of us is because they got it by systemic criminal behavior.
    I never said that. Quit making things up.

It's interesting that you're not only concerned about "crime" but also "things that should be criminal," as if the politicians haven't burdened us with enough laws yet.
    Yes, there are plenty of ways to engage in theft and fraud which have either not been addressed, or inserted into the law as loopholes. It's not by accident.

The reason the redditors and other small-time investors were able to profit from a short squeeze was because they were able to identify the conditions that made that possible in publicly available information. There was no whistle blower uncovering some secret fraudulent scheme in a hedge fund he worked for.

The hedge funds made a risky bet in short selling stocks they couldn't cover, and the little guys caught them on it. Kudos to both sides. And may the best man win.

Perhaps the big investors were incentivized to take risks by the easy money made available to them by Fed policies, risks that would otherwise be less attractive to them. But I can't fault them for acting within the incentives that were there in the market they were operating in. And I can't fault the redditors and their cohorts for taking advantage of the opportunity that presented to them to make some money themselves. It's a good case of the market itself punishing the mistake of the hedge funds without the need for additional anti-Wall-Street laws making criminals of the 1% in hopes that their decrease in wealth would lead to increases for the rest of us in a make-believe communist zero-sum game of an economy.

I have no dog in the GME fight. I'm too risk averse for that. But I doubt the last laugh has been had. My instinct tells me that the future isn't too bright for brick-and-mortar stores whose main product is physical video game cartridges. And I see an emotionless market that allows the market losers to lose, without being propped up by more laws based on sentimentality, nostalgia, and envy, as much more good than bad.
    Did you read the article in question? Feel free to read it, and then get back to us with quotes from the article.

Yes, there are plenty of ways to engage in theft and fraud which have either not been addressed, or inserted into the law as loopholes. It's not by accident.
    Such as?
    Ron Paul

Did you read the article in question? Feel free to read it, and then get back to us with quotes from the article.
    You mean that article from American Prospect, which is "devoted to promoting informed discussion on public policy from a progressive perspective."

I read a good chunk of it, not all of it, but enough to give me the gist and allow me to conclude that it wasn't worth the time wading through in detail.

It's full of concern about "market manipulation" as though that phrase is interchangeable with the word "fraud," which is another word that the article very liberally (pun intended) sprinkles about without any definition of what exactly was fraudulent and who the victim was. It implicitly takes your view that we need more laws, saying things like, "The SEC allows traders to short a stock," as if the idea of not allowing that should be up for consideration. I can see why you liked it so much.

I did notice that the article conceded the claim that I made though, saying, among other examples:
    It’s important to note that only the SEC and the DTCC can get the trading documents that would show proof of any fraudulent scheme. But the Superstonk users, through publicly available data, detected patterns that make a strong case at least to investigate the matter.

For example, u/broccaaa, a Superstonk user, looked through SEC filings for funds with large GME positions. Big losers like Melvin and Maplelane had no shares in GME, and large puts, which are options to sell. According to u/broccaaa, this is a common characteristic in stocks with large unsettled trades, where the shares have not been transferred. He described it as “supportive evidence for naked short trades … around the end of December and early January short interest and fails to deliver were through the roof.”
    What the article neglects to address though is why any investigation should be necessary. If the publicly available information was enough for Superstonk and company to recognize the conditions of a short squeeze, and the opportunity itself provided the financial incentive to take advantage of that, then why not just leave it at that, and let the market shake out the winners and losers, rather than the government?

Edit: OK, now that you sucked me into this tripe, I'm starting to get into it. I love how the third paragraph ends with the sentence, "The financial media also ignores this systemic corruption." "Systematic corruption"--that's a familiar sounding phrase. I'm starting to see where you get your talking points. But notice how they use the demonstrative adjective "this." Demonstrative adjectives have antecedents, meaning that whatever they're calling "this systematic corruption" ought to be some systematic corruption that they just described prior to using that phrase. But when I look for what systematic corruption they called "this systematic corruption," I can't find any. They don't tell us. For them, it's just a given that the FEC should always be investigating the 1%, and their failure to do so must be corruption. So after referring to such, they can matter-of-factly call it "this systematic corruption" as if the mere mention of a hedge fund not being investigated demonstrated corruption. They already know the conclusion they need to reach. Now it's just a matter of finding the facts and framing them in such a way as to support that.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 06-23-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    Ron Paul

Indeed, "Wall St" is a mindset, united under a false flag that represents british admiralty war based on the Roman law of sea theft and salvage....aka high seas piracy. Though it is obvious the pyramid nature of the piracy when each level dictates down to the next level and many of those people have certain....hmm...commonalities that can't be ignored. One of which is simple geographical close proximity which would make collusion exceedingly convenient. No need to mention other commonalities....

(Pirates of the Caribbean is allegory for the economic system, though Capt Sparrow depicts a sovereign man operating within the piracy system)
    Last edited by devil21; 06-24-2021 at 01:11 AM.

No need to mention other commonalities....
    Other commonalities deserve mention for the sake of honesty about what it is you (and Brian4Liberty?) are really talking about if nothing else.
    Ron Paul

Well a common arrangement was a Captain was at 5 shares , Quartermaster and other senior positions 2 shares , common sailors 1 share , cabin boy 1/2 share .
    Do something Danke

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You mean that article from American Prospect, which is "devoted to promoting informed discussion on public policy from a progressive perspective."

I read a good chunk of it, not all of it, but enough to give me the gist and allow me to conclude that it wasn't worth the time wading through in detail.

It's full of concern about "market manipulation" as though that phrase is interchangeable with the word "fraud," which is another word that the article very liberally (pun intended) sprinkles about without any definition of what exactly was fraudulent and who the victim was. It implicitly takes your view that we need more laws, saying things like, "The SEC allows traders to short a stock," as if the idea of not allowing that should be up for consideration. I can see why you liked it so much.
    I had no idea the lean of that particular website. Take it up with @devil21, he posted it. I am skeptical of everything, especially left wing sources. That being said, if a left-leaning reporter had the audacity to actually do investigative (and thorough) journalism, I'll give them a chance. It's not like this is the only source for this info. It's been reported quite often on Fox Business Network, arguably the most "libertarian" of the mainstream media outlets (OK, maybe second tier MSM).

And if you can read some of that article and still not mention the illegal practice of naked short selling, then you are being obtuse and engaging in misdirection. The article goes into great detail on all of the ways that naked shorting is achieved, and covered up. It is organized crime. Naked shorting is essentially counterfeiting and fraud. They are creating shares of a company stock out of thin air, and manipulating the market.

Yet, John McAfee is the financial criminal, for posting on Twitter about crypto-currency.

...Edit: OK, now that you sucked me into this tripe, I'm starting to get into it. I love how the third paragraph ends with the sentence, "The financial media also ignores this systemic corruption." "Systematic corruption"--that's a familiar sounding phrase. I'm starting to see where you get your talking points. ...
    LOL. Maybe I should take credit for inventing the phrase. I used it in a previous post, before really reading the article. My use was somewhat sarcastic, playing off of the term "systemic racism". It's not a hard phrase to come up with:

It’s worse than most can imagine. The idiots on the left are misled and misdirected to believe that there is systemic racism, when in reality, there is systemic financial crime. Regulatory capture and kleptocracy. Crimes are no longer investigated or prosecuted.

Other commonalities deserve mention for the sake of honesty about what it is you (and Brian4Liberty?) are really talking about if nothing else.
    I am really talking about financial white collar crimes.

What are you talking about? Certain stereotypes perhaps?

For the "sake of honesty", is it your mission to search out instances of such collectivism and defamation in order to counter it and call it out? Is that why you don't want to address financial crimes such as naked short selling?

nm

They really just need to pay up, let the chips fall where they will and begin to restore some karmic balance to this dumpster fire of a market that's been so overrun with corruption and greed to the extent that they can't even hide it anymore.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-25-2021 at 08:57 PM. Reason: saving full post for later

Steve Bannon is a retard. I can't even contain it to one example. He is the glue sniffiest sniffer in all of Cracktown.

I am really talking about financial white collar crimes.

What are you talking about? Certain stereotypes perhaps?

For the "sake of honesty", is it your mission to search out instances of such collectivism and defamation in order to counter it and call it out? Is that why you don't want to address financial crimes such as naked short selling?
    The real question is how do you want to fix it?

A. Add more government regulation to what is arguably the most regulated industry?

B. Move towards a more free market, first thing would be for the federal reserve to stop handing out trillions in free money. Second would be for the Fed and the US govt to stop bailing everyone out. Do those two things and 99% of the problems go away on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post

A. Add more government regulation to what is arguably the most regulated industry?

B. Move towards a more free market, first thing would be for the federal reserve to stop handing out trillions in free money. Second would be for the Fed and the US govt to stop bailing everyone out. Do those two things and 99% of the problems go away on their own.
    Are those the only two options? I would like the second one, but it's not in the cards.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post

Enforce existing laws against naked short selling. Stop the revolving door between Wall St. and regulators.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Are those the only two options? I would like the second one, but it's not in the cards.
    The second option is great, but it still wouldn't address naked short selling.

The second option is great, but it still wouldn't address naked short selling.
    Sure it would. It would allow the market to address naked short selling in exactly the way that it's being addressed in the example that this whole thread is about. Those who engage in it (both the short sellers themselves and their brokerages) will be taking on a risk that they may lose large amounts of money, while also allowing and even enticing buyers to make that amount of money at their expense. There's a natural financial disincentive against brokerages issuing credit in the form of shares to short sell that they don't have in amounts that they can't afford to lose if the share prices rise too high. If anything, government regulation will be more likely to lessen that disincentive which the market itself would capably provide in ways that are similar to how it, as a lender of last resort, lessens the disincentive that the market would otherwise give banks engaging in reckless degrees of fractional reserve banking.

Naked short selling itself shouldn't be outright banned, just like fractional reserve banking shouldn't be outright banned. The determination of when either one of those practices constitutes fraud and when it doesn't should be determined by the language of contracts that the interested parties enter with each other allowing those things.
    Ron Paul

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast