Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 200

Thread: Reddit Trolls Wall St. Hedge Funds, Buying Up GameStop Stock

  1. #121
    I saw #silversqueeze trending on twitter earlier today.

    https://twitter.com/search?q=silvers...d_query&f=live

    I don't think anything will come of any silver squeeze effort though. This was already tried a decade ago during the "Crash JP Morgan, Buy Silver" campaign and it failed.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I saw #silversqueeze trending on twitter earlier today.

    https://twitter.com/search?q=silvers...d_query&f=live

    I don't think anything will come of any silver squeeze effort though. This was already tried a decade ago during the "Crash JP Morgan, Buy Silver" campaign and it failed.
    I would be happy with a small bump , say 28 - 29 from 27 .Generates more interest when it goes up a bit .
    Do something Danke

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I saw #silversqueeze trending on twitter earlier today.

    https://twitter.com/search?q=silvers...d_query&f=live

    I don't think anything will come of any silver squeeze effort though. This was already tried a decade ago during the "Crash JP Morgan, Buy Silver" campaign and it failed.
    I'm watching for it as well. It's less risky than gamestop stock.

  5. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Question the MSM narrative on RPF is "tinfoil"?

    The ghost of Christopher A. Brown is my spirit animal, bro.

    If we were real activists doing real things, I would be happy to oblige notions of "staying with the group" and "putting away my tinfoil hat".
    Research has revealed that the originator of this via WSB is a low level trader at Mass Mutual, who appears to have broken some trader regulations in an attempt to hit a jackpot. Could he have been put up to it by higher powers? Possible. But no, questioning the MSM isn't tinfoil but automatically suggesting that this has been engineered to occur by people much further up the Wall St food chain is, at least to some extent. Traders do go rouge occasionally and cause problems but rarely to this level of effect. It looks to me, even outside of MSM narratives, that there's scrambling going on to contain this and then seize it to further banker agendas.

    But as long as we are stuck in the Matrix, surrounded by phantoms and hallucinations exacerbated by constantly hitting our MSM feeder bars for our next dopamine pellet, you can count on wiz to pop those balloons...time permitting.
    If you're suggesting I'm a wholesale buyer of MSM narratives then I assume you don't read many of my posts. I'm probably the biggest tinfoiler on RPF lol. I just think the truth of this GME thing lies somewhere in the middle. Maybe something a kin to 9/11 where it was known about beforehand and was allowed to happen but not directly engineered to happen.

    Either way, we'll see what happens. I fully expect Robinhood declares bankruptcy very soon. Taking billion dollar lines of credit, severely limiting share purchases, forced liquidation of contracts, etc, on top of alienating most of their customer base only leads to that outcome. (Btw, the fact that Robinhood only very recently abandoned its IPO plans is a clue, to me at least, that this wasn't engineered but was allowed to occur)

    The question will be what happens to the GME shares they do have custody of? Will they illegally force sell everything out of all accounts so the shorts can cover (since the account holders aren't the legal owners of the GME shares) just prior to a bankruptcy filing? Or will they make it really interesting and declare bankruptcy while still in custody of the shares, thus throwing the entire system into jeopardy since the shorts have no way to cover while the shares are locked up in a bankruptcy proceeding? That is the question imo. Knowing the answer to it would allow someone to quite literally get rich overnight.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  6. #125


    we all know the NEXT song...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!


    why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

    Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Research has revealed that the originator of this via WSB is a low level trader at Mass Mutual, who appears to have broken some trader regulations in an attempt to hit a jackpot. Could he have been put up to it by higher powers? Possible. But no, questioning the MSM isn't tinfoil but automatically suggesting that this has been engineered to occur by people much further up the Wall St food chain is, at least to some extent. Traders do go rouge occasionally and cause problems but rarely to this level of effect. It looks to me, even outside of MSM narratives, that there's scrambling going on to contain this and then seize it to further banker agendas.



    If you're suggesting I'm a wholesale buyer of MSM narratives then I assume you don't read many of my posts. I'm probably the biggest tinfoiler on RPF lol. I just think the truth of this GME thing lies somewhere in the middle. Maybe something a kin to 9/11 where it was known about beforehand and was allowed to happen but not directly engineered to happen.

    Either way, we'll see what happens. I fully expect Robinhood declares bankruptcy very soon. Taking billion dollar lines of credit, severely limiting share purchases, forced liquidation of contracts, etc, on top of alienating most of their customer base only leads to that outcome. (Btw, the fact that Robinhood only very recently abandoned its IPO plans is a clue, to me at least, that this wasn't engineered but was allowed to occur)

    The question will be what happens to the GME shares they do have custody of? Will they illegally force sell everything out of all accounts so the shorts can cover (since the account holders aren't the legal owners of the GME shares) just prior to a bankruptcy filing? Or will they make it really interesting and declare bankruptcy while still in custody of the shares, thus throwing the entire system into jeopardy since the shorts have no way to cover while the shares are locked up in a bankruptcy proceeding? That is the question imo. Knowing the answer to it would allow someone to quite literally get rich overnight.
    Well, I disagree.

    Why do they still get the benefit of the doubt?

    Why do I have to prove it's coordinated, but no one has to prove it's organic?

    Oh yeah, because people say "maybe it's the Russians". That's right. Since underdog has the right enemies, must be authentic. If Hillary, some lefist senator, and Jimmy Kimmel say "maybe its the Russians" 100% it's definitely organic, because we hate these people.

    There's no possiblity social engineering psyops ran by retired military intelligence are clever enough to exploit that sophisticated dynamic of the "revolution".

    That's a whacked out conspiracy theory.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post


    we all know the NEXT song...
    + rep. Been years since I've seen this video.

  9. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Well, I disagree.

    Why do they still get the benefit of the doubt?

    Why do I have to prove it's coordinated, but no one has to prove it's organic?

    Oh yeah, because people say "maybe it's the Russians". That's right. Since underdog has the right enemies, must be authentic. If Hillary, some lefist senator, and Jimmy Kimmel say "maybe its the Russians" 100% it's definitely organic, because we hate these people.

    There's no possiblity social engineering psyops ran by retired military intelligence are clever enough to exploit that sophisticated dynamic of the "revolution".

    That's a whacked out conspiracy theory.
    Like I said, I'm as quick as any one to call something engineered but I also rarely do it until I have some evidence, whether relevant to me or public info, to present to back it up if anyone calls me out on it. Maybe your standards are different. I just think, based on the evidence I've seen so far, that the truth lies somewhere in the middle on this one.

    I think we can both agree that this could quickly get very out-of-hand (especially for folks with 401k/IRA/etc and large dollar holdings) and protecting ourselves should be top priority, instead of arguing about who did what when. Since it's being directed toward silver now (which I do think is being engineered 100% as a cover to bring metals back to their real market prices), I think it's a great idea to grab more physical PMs while they're still available at reasonable prices and reposition stock portfolios toward miners and other PM related issues like PSLV. Any time spent arguing about who, what, when is time wasted that should be applied toward strategizing how to protect oneself as the monetary hurricane we've all been expecting for years starts to come ashore. The wind is picking up and I think I felt some raindrops...
    Last edited by devil21; 01-31-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Like I said, I'm as quick as any one to call something engineered but I also rarely do it until I have some evidence, whether relevant to me or public info, to present to back it up if anyone calls me out on it. Maybe your standards are different. I just think, based on the evidence I've seen so far, that the truth lies somewhere in the middle on this one.

    I think we can both agree that this could quickly get very out-of-hand (especially for folks with 401k/IRA/etc and large dollar holdings) and protecting ourselves should be top priority, instead of arguing about who did what when. Since it's being directed toward silver now (which I do think is being engineered 100% as a cover to bring metals back to their real market prices), I think it's a great idea to grab more physical PMs while they're still available at reasonable prices and reposition stock portfolios toward miners and other PM related issues like PSLV. Any time spent arguing about who, what, when is time wasted that should be applied toward strategizing how to protect oneself as the monetary hurricane we've all been expecting for years starts to come ashore. The wind is picking up and I think I felt some raindrops...
    Your own signature:

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....
    How does this jive with your "I need evidence" statement?

    Is it the "entire internet" except this one situation you need evidence for?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  12. #130
    I think I'm hopping out of the market this week. Not retirement accts., just my investing money directly in the stock market. This stuff is crazy town and I think it's going to get ugly at some point. I'll sacrifice some potential gains and just wait until the "next" correction/bear market.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  13. #131


    https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1356105449548906496
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  14. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
    ...many smart investors have tried to time the market and failed.
    Lessee... large multivariate, quasi-stochastic systems... gee, I wonder why smart people fail to predict their behaviors.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  15. #133
    Since I'm not paying much attention to the world these days - what's the point, really - I came late to this story. It is GLORIOUS.

    Picture the staggering stupidity required to prompt a hedge fund (Melvin) employee to publish an article advocating for the shorting of a particular stock, most especially when it is pursuant to their employer's apparent goal of making a killing through the shorting of that very security. This had to have been some punk-motherfucker millennial ignorant, all full of their masturbatory self and the itch to stroke their weak, bloated ego. The elements of spectacular FAIL of that nitwit comprise a list impressive in its proportions, even by my somewhat jaded standards.

    When one considers human nature, especially in the context of current internet technologies, the level of The Stupid to which the author welded their lips, when considered, just make a thinking man's head hurt. How could such stupidity even exist?

    So Melvin's plan was to short GME at $20. To watch the stock peak at about $320 left me laughing. Knowing that the funds who came to GME's rescue are also now hanging in the balance just fills me with that warm, fuzzy feeling. It's gratifying to see the riffraff were willing, ready, and able to smack the crap out of such blatantly stupid, greed-fired malice.

    It will be interesting to see how GME fares in all this. They've been given an opportunity to make better.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  16. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    It's gratifying to see the riffraff were willing, ready, and able to smack the crap out of such blatantly stupid, greed-fired malice.
    Stupid, yes. Greed-fired, yes.

    But what was malicious about it?

  17. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Your own signature:



    How does this jive with your "I need evidence" statement?

    Is it the "entire internet" except this one situation you need evidence for?
    Calm down man. My sig doesn't mean that everyone and everything is a bot. That would be paranoid schizophrenia. That's not what my sig means. Personal discernment is unique to each of us. Yours appears different than mine. That's fine, no biggie. One of my measures is that the MSM is throwing everything they have at GME to redirect to a false narrative now about how the shorts have covered, dangling shiny new things (AMC, Silver, etc), even buying sponsored ads on FB playing a CNBC fake news clip from last week about the shorts covering, Cramer telling everyone to "take your home run and sell", SNL's blatant propaganda piece on GME over the weekend, etc. For something that, to you, allegedly was completely engineered it sure looks like the MSM is scrambling to contain it on behalf of their Wall St controllers. That's a big part of my discernment, in addition to the lengths Wall St is going to. Is the media trying to guide a narrative or is the MSM trying to upend one then redirect it? Looks like upending and redirecting to me. That's a big part of my evidence, along with having been a reader of WSB way before this started and having in-depth knowledge of shill/bot operations. I'm not sure what your evidence is but I don't think you've shared any, either.

    Fwiw, I probably spend way too much time daily watching markets and media and internets etc. This doesn't fit the mental model that I've developed for identifying fully engineered events. Something observed and allowed to happen, with a goal toward redirecting it, perhaps. It's not like WSB is a hidden, closed community.


    Relevant:
    These links very reasonably explain how Wall St really works and the outright fraud that's been ongoing for a long time, including brokers issuing stock shares that do not exist. Very worth the reading time.

    http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/...-banking-scam/

    http://redpillreports.com/learn/who-...ica-cede-dtcc/
    Last edited by devil21; 02-01-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  18. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ...One of my measures is that the MSM is throwing everything they have at GME to redirect to a false narrative now about how the shorts have covered, dangling shiny new things (AMC, Silver, etc)...
    Yeah, there is going to be resistance to Reddit investors going in on silver. There is real buying going on, which may be pent up demand from silvers bugs. If it helps the hedge funds, their media partners may push the silver story, at least for a while. As long as silver is in a reasonable range, TPTB won’t panic about it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Relevant:
    These links very reasonably explain how Wall St really works and the outright fraud that's been ongoing for a long time, including brokers issuing stock shares that do not exist. Very worth the reading time.

    http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/...-banking-scam/

    http://redpillreports.com/learn/who-...ica-cede-dtcc/
    Interesting about DTCC and Cede, Inc. I didn't read the whole thing, but this arrangement would mean that there will be no more paper stock certificates and bonds that get lost or destroyed. Instead of being lost, they now become the property of Cede, Inc. Very convenient for them or whoever benefits.

    Also some nostaglia in there with all of the references to Y2K.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  21. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Stupid, yes. Greed-fired, yes.

    But what was malicious about it?
    That they use the artificially low interest rates being pumped out by the fed to massively leverage their trades and manipulate the markets, and have been for a long time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  22. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That they use the artificially low interest rates being pumped out by the fed to massively leverage their trades and manipulate the markets, and have been for a long time.
    That's malice on the part of the Fed. But I don't think there's anything malicious about investors taking the reality of the consequences of what the Fed does into account in their investment decisions.

  23. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    That's malice on the part of the Fed. But I don't think there's anything malicious about investors taking the reality of the consequences of what the Fed does into account in their investment decisions.
    If they are proponents of the Fed, then I can't really feel bad for them.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  24. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Calm down man. My sig doesn't mean that everyone and everything is a bot. That would be paranoid schizophrenia. That's not what my sig means. Personal discernment is unique to each of us. Yours appears different than mine. That's fine, no biggie. One of my measures is that the MSM is throwing everything they have at GME to redirect to a false narrative now about how the shorts have covered, dangling shiny new things (AMC, Silver, etc), even buying sponsored ads on FB playing a CNBC fake news clip from last week about the shorts covering, Cramer telling everyone to "take your home run and sell", SNL's blatant propaganda piece on GME over the weekend, etc. For something that, to you, allegedly was completely engineered it sure looks like the MSM is scrambling to contain it on behalf of their Wall St controllers. That's a big part of my discernment, in addition to the lengths Wall St is going to. Is the media trying to guide a narrative or is the MSM trying to upend one then redirect it? Looks like upending and redirecting to me. That's a big part of my evidence, along with having been a reader of WSB way before this started and having in-depth knowledge of shill/bot operations. I'm not sure what your evidence is but I don't think you've shared any, either.

    Fwiw, I probably spend way too much time daily watching markets and media and internets etc. This doesn't fit the mental model that I've developed for identifying fully engineered events. Something observed and allowed to happen, with a goal toward redirecting it, perhaps. It's not like WSB is a hidden, closed community.


    Relevant:
    These links very reasonably explain how Wall St really works and the outright fraud that's been ongoing for a long time, including brokers issuing stock shares that do not exist. Very worth the reading time.

    http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/...-banking-scam/

    http://redpillreports.com/learn/who-...ica-cede-dtcc/
    "Calm down."

    You know, I get that common forum etiquette is to respectfully take turns bloviating and never discuss real issues or challenge the arguments of others.

    Like many others before you, you are taking my attention to your posts as some sort of passionate tirade based on my ego, or some animosity towards your position.

    Reread my posts.
    Try reading it in a calm voice.

    You characterized my position of "why do we assume it's NOT controlled" as a position of "completely controlled" (when I clearly say "not 100% organic") and as "tinfoil hat".

    Then I keep pressing the issue (a.k.a. taking the time to continue our conversation) so you follow up with a condescending "calm down"? Reread my posts. I never address you directly until I quote your own signature, and you can't even own that.

    So here's my final feedback for you.

    People who are focused on exhibitionism and the social aspect of social media are more inclined to take an "argument" personally (note your words "if you're suggesting I" in post #124). People who are actually interested in issues and learning will be more responsive to correction and have a willingness to expand their point of view.

    Not saying you don't have a willingness to expand your point of view, and I'm not saying I don't have a propensity for social media exhibitionism.

    Both of the things you said are related to ostracizing ("tinfoil hat" and "calm down")

    You see "conspiracy theory" is a label you applied to yourself in the "truthy" way. "I am more tinfoil than anyone" (paraphrasing). But you apply it to me in a condescending way, which is the normal worldly way.

    When normal people hear "conspiracy theorist" it certainly has a connotation of "untruthful" but the active agent is that it's a minority "kook" position. No one wants to be in the minority, so it's a smear tactic based on inherent mob mentality in all of us.

    Similarly, "calm down" is a smear for overly emotional people, commonly women having their mensees. Again here, it's a condescending jab to characterize me as a "not thinking clearly" overly emotional type.

    While you may be able to convince people that "what I meant was" this and that and that "I implied" this and that, it's actually only your words on the page that condescend to me directly. I only asked you questions, which you apparently are reading in some sort of loud tone.

    Hope this helps.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  25. #142
    Nine Investors Instantly Make $16 Billion On GameStop Stock 'Squeeze'

    Big Index Funds Big Holders Of GameStop GME Stock

    GameStop's financial future isn't all that bright. It's rated "underperform" by analysts following the stock on average. But it's still a member of the S&P Small Cap 600 index and Russell 2000. As a result, large index small-cap funds and ETFs are forced to own it. That's looking smart now.

    Fidelity FMR is the top holder of GameStop shares. It owns 9.5 million shares, through September, or nearly 14% of shares outstanding. Adding that up and Fidelity hauled in a nearly $3 billion gain just this year for its investors.

    Similarly, BlackRock scored $2.6 billion and Vanguard $1.6 billion, as they own 12.3% and 7.6% of GameStop, respectively.
    ...
    Nine Biggest Winners:

    Holder Common Shares Held (Millions) % Of Company's Shares Outstanding Owned Gain ($ Billions)* Position Date Update
    FMR (Fidelity Investments) 9.5 13.7% $2.9 Sep-30-2020
    Ryan Cohen 9.0 12.9 2.8 Jan-10-2021
    BlackRock 8.6 12.3 2.6 Sep-30-2020
    Vanguard Group 5.3 7.6 1.6 Sep-30-2020
    Susquehanna International Group 4.4 6.3 1.3 Sep-30-2020
    Dimensional Fund Advisors 3.9 5.7 1.2 Sep-30-2020
    Senvest Management 3.6 5.2 1.1 Oct-07-2020
    Donald A. Foss 3.5 5.0 1.1 Feb-28-2020
    MUST Asset Management 3.3 4.7 1.0
    ...
    https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-f...stock-squeeze/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  26. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    "Calm down."

    You know, I get that common forum etiquette is to respectfully take turns bloviating and never discuss real issues or challenge the arguments of others.

    Like many others before you, you are taking my attention to your posts as some sort of passionate tirade based on my ego, or some animosity towards your position.

    Reread my posts.
    Try reading it in a calm voice.

    You characterized my position of "why do we assume it's NOT controlled" as a position of "completely controlled" (when I clearly say "not 100% organic") and as "tinfoil hat".

    Then I keep pressing the issue (a.k.a. taking the time to continue our conversation) so you follow up with a condescending "calm down"? Reread my posts. I never address you directly until I quote your own signature, and you can't even own that.

    So here's my final feedback for you.

    People who are focused on exhibitionism and the social aspect of social media are more inclined to take an "argument" personally (note your words "if you're suggesting I" in post #124). People who are actually interested in issues and learning will be more responsive to correction and have a willingness to expand their point of view.

    Not saying you don't have a willingness to expand your point of view, and I'm not saying I don't have a propensity for social media exhibitionism.

    Both of the things you said are related to ostracizing ("tinfoil hat" and "calm down")

    You see "conspiracy theory" is a label you applied to yourself in the "truthy" way. "I am more tinfoil than anyone" (paraphrasing). But you apply it to me in a condescending way, which is the normal worldly way.

    When normal people hear "conspiracy theorist" it certainly has a connotation of "untruthful" but the active agent is that it's a minority "kook" position. No one wants to be in the minority, so it's a smear tactic based on inherent mob mentality in all of us.

    Similarly, "calm down" is a smear for overly emotional people, commonly women having their mensees. Again here, it's a condescending jab to characterize me as a "not thinking clearly" overly emotional type.

    While you may be able to convince people that "what I meant was" this and that and that "I implied" this and that, it's actually only your words on the page that condescend to me directly. I only asked you questions, which you apparently are reading in some sort of loud tone.

    Hope this helps.
    You still haven't presented any evidence to support your position that it may be engineered/false flag type event, so I can only assume you don't have any. I often make assertions about engineered/false flag events on RPF. I always at least have evidence to support my position if called out on it.

    I will grant you that the MSM throwing the kitchen sink at it could be a Trump type psyop, where the propaganda is mainly meant to reinforce support for Trump (GME). That is possible but I haven't seen any evidence that supports that yet. If you have any, please share. I'm not above admitting I'm wrong and giving credit where due.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-01-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  27. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You still haven't presented any evidence to support your position that it may be engineered/false flag type event, so I can only assume you don't have any. I often make assertions about engineered/false flag events on RPF. I always at least have evidence to support my position if called out on it.

    I will grant you that the MSM throwing the kitchen sink at it could be a Trump type psyop, where the propaganda is mainly meant to reinforce support for Trump (GME). That is possible but I haven't seen any evidence that supports that yet. If you have any, please share. I'm not above admitting I'm wrong and giving credit where due.
    Hard to argue with that.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #145
    The amount of shill operations pushing a "Show's over, sell GME and move on" narrative on various websites confirms to me that Wall St is scared to death. They're definitely in "oh $#@!" mode. They wouldn't do that if they had it fully under control. It took a few days to get the shill contracts and talking points guidelines set up and now they're out in force.

    (And Robinhood now has taken $4 BILLION in cash injections just to cover their clearinghouse regulatory requirements.)
    Last edited by devil21; 02-01-2021 at 07:10 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  30. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The amount of shill operations pushing a "Show's over, sell GME and move on" narrative on various websites confirms to me that Wall St is scared to death. They're definitely in "oh $#@!" mode. They wouldn't do that if they had it fully under control.
    Short interest has gone from 140% to between 30% and 50%. Every spike is and opportunity to reshort. Back side of the move now. Show's over. No one is scared. Back below 100 over coming months with mini spikes along the way. Pattern happens all the time penny stock land. This is no different.

  31. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Stupid, yes. Greed-fired, yes.

    But what was malicious about it?
    I would call the willful decision to drive a valid business enterprise into the toilet fairly malicious.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  32. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I would call the willful decision to drive a valid business enterprise into the toilet fairly malicious.
    That's interesting. I would call driving up the price of a piece of $#@! company hanging on by a thread through a pump and dump fairly malicious. Since we disagree, it is best to let the market sort things out and let people make bets whichever way they want to fairly determine a price.

  33. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    That's interesting. I would call driving up the price of a piece of $#@! company hanging on by a thread through a pump and dump fairly malicious.
    If pump and dump were the intent, then I would agree. My understanding is that WSB did what they did to put the screws to Melvin, an act of which I am approve.

    The rise of GME's value is not likely to last, and yet you never know because all those who bought high are not going to be eager to take it in the neck to the tune of hundreds per share. Regardless, this momentary reprieve from the grave is nonetheless an opportunity for GME. If they are smart, which is perhaps not so likely, and they take the initiative, also probably not likely, they might be able to pull their own bacon out the fire. I wouldn't hold my breath on it, but only point out that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if their market is not itself on the way out, they would be fools not to take a good stab at making a come back.

    Question: why is GME a POS company? I'm not a gamer, don't care about the market, and am completely ignorant of that sort of thing.

    ...it is best to let the market sort things out and let people make bets whichever way they want to fairly determine a price.
    Absolutely. Melvin needs to go tits-up, not only as the just reward for their stupidity and greed, but as a lesson and message to investors in how NOT to invest.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  34. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Question: why is GME a POS company? I'm not a gamer, don't care about the market, and am completely ignorant of that sort of thing.
    Because all the new games are now downloaded, there is no more disc or for us 80's kids, cartridge to buy.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Hedge Funds Use Fed to Haul in the Cash
    By Jordan in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM
  2. 2009 - Best Year Ever for Hedge Funds
    By Cowlesy in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 01:01 PM
  3. Hedge Funds
    By AlexMerced in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
  4. Bailouts: Hedge Funds May Get AIG Cash
    By hugolp in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 07:03 AM
  5. Can Campaigns Hedge Their Funds In PM?
    By Allen72289 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •