Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reddit Trolls Wall St. Hedge Funds, Buying Up GameStop Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Are you really anti-Robinhood? You do realize that didn't have any choice in the matter when it came to halting trading of those stocks that morning, right?
    I'm pretty anti-piracy, yes, and that's all Wall Street is. You support thievery, dannno?

I thought most of the stuff about "dark pools" and "fake securities" was fairly widely known, not by the general population, but by people who understand finance somewhat. I don't know if it's right, but it is currently legal.
    It's not widely known to most people that believe they have a "retirement account" full of "stocks", no. Is it known to those of us who take the time to pop the hood to understand how this giant scam works? Yep. I'm not convinced that creating fake shares is legal, seeing how naked shorting is illegal, which is the creation of fake shares to sell. Do you have a link to share describing how the creation of fake shares is legal? Someone asked earlier in the thread if I'm a law and order type. I am, if different standards are applied to each counterparty in a contract! The SEC will throw the little guy under the prison for breaking securities law. Wall Street gets bonuses, promotions and bail-outs. It is the worst of imbalances possible.

Crypto exchanges work similarly, which is why people with a decent amount of crypto tend to keep most of it in cold storage until they actually want to exchange it.
    I know they work similarly and that is one reason I know the crypto market is just another banker creation of smoke and mirrors and a money laundering operation. It runs the exact same playbook as the stock markets. Wash trading by a few whales, fake "shares" to raise prices (tether), futures markets, etc. This thread isn't about cryptos though.

I'm ok with the feds targeting everybody else and questioning all that stuff, I guess, although the feds are on their side so I'm not sure what they will actually do. But not a fan of them targeting Robinhood.
    Robinhood is somewhat of a sacrificial lamb, yes, though the narrative around Robinhood's mission has obviously been exposed as a complete load of horse$#@!. My own account with a different broker was locked for 2 FULL DAYS from doing ANYTHING (my other tiny positions were locked out not just the one little GME share in the account), at the direction of APEX Clearing, who followed the order from the Fed's subsidiary DTCC. They didn't just turn off ability to buy any more GME. Entire account was locked. This is what people can expect when this whole thing crashes. Locked out while the insiders liquidate and wipe their books clean of years of fraud. Robinhood is just the sacrificial lamb since it was the most public of brokers that rigged the system against retail to save Wall Street's piracy operation.

One brokerage head, Thomas Peterffy of Interactive Brokers, admitted on CNBC that buying was restricted to protect the brokerages and the clearinghouse. "We restricted to protect ourselves....uh to protect customers but most of all to protect the marketplace, to protect the clearinghouse." It's on video here:
    https://twitter.com/ohmytvconefive/s...85351496683522

What he's saying is that they shut down buying because if it continued, the dominoes would have started falling as the hedge fund collapses, then the brokerage collapses, then their clearinghouse collapses, etc. There simply were too many claims on shares on the books than what actually exists. The rampant fraud would have been exposed. THE BROKERAGES, CLEARINGHOUSES, DTCC, FED ALL KNOW THIS.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-17-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm pretty anti-piracy, yes, and that's all Wall Street is. You support thievery, dannno?
    Robinhood is not Wall St., they are a brokerage firm that allows people to invest in the stock market. The problem with Wall St. is the Federal Reserve, which lends to large investment institutions at artificially low rates so that they can manipulate the markets using, at best, questionably fraudulent methods. Robinhood is not the enemy..

It's not widely known to most people that believe they have a "retirement account" full of "stocks", no. Is it known to those of us who take the time to pop the hood to understand how this giant scam works? Yep. I'm not convinced that creating fake shares is legal, seeing how naked shorting is illegal, which is the creation of fake shares to sell. Do you have a link to share describing how the creation of fake shares is legal? Someone asked earlier in the thread if I'm a law and order type. I am, if different standards are applied to each counterparty in a contract! The SEC will throw the little guy under the prison for breaking securities law. Wall Street gets bonuses, promotions and bail-outs. It is the worst of imbalances possible.
    You are right, most people with retirement accounts have no idea. I could see how it could be potentially fraudulent, however I can also see how if done correctly and transparently it helps make people making smaller market transactions be able to do so more cheaply and efficiently. In other words, Robinhood doesn't have to make 1,000 trades of ten shares of a specific company, they can buy 10,000 shares at once and let the people trade at will.

Robinhood is somewhat of a sacrificial lamb, yes, though the narrative around Robinhood's mission has obviously been exposed as a complete load of horse$#@!. My own account with a different broker was locked for 2 FULL DAYS from doing ANYTHING (my other tiny positions were locked out not just the one little GME share in the account), at the direction of APEX Clearing, who followed the order from the Fed's subsidiary DTCC. They didn't just turn off ability to buy any more GME. Entire account was locked. This is what people can expect when this whole thing crashes. Locked out while the insiders liquidate and wipe their books clean of years of fraud. Robinhood is just the sacrificial lamb since it was the most public of brokers that rigged the system against retail to save Wall Street's piracy operation.
    Robinhood didn't rig anything, it was the clearing house like you said. They didn't give them any choice. I don't know why your brokerage locked all accounts, my Robinhood account was fine, I could trade anything, just couldn't buy GME and a few other volatile stocks.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-16-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Robinhood is not Wall St., they are a brokerage firm that allows people to invest in the stock market. The problem with Wall St. is the Federal Reserve, which lends to large investment institutions at artificially low rates so that they can manipulate the markets using, at best, questionably fraudulent methods. Robinhood is not the enemy..
    About half of Robinhood's revenue comes from Citadel in exchange for their order flow. ZH has confirmed this. This makes Robinhood little more than a front for Citadel, who is a front for the DTC, who is a front for the Fed. You can't isolate one in the chain (especially the most front facing of the collusive group) and say they are not part of Wall Street and therefore blameless. They are the "Joe Biden" to the "City of the London" (Biden->CFR->RIIA->City of London). Would you say the same about Joe as you do about Robinhood? Doubt it.

You are right, most people with retirement accounts have no idea. I could see how it could be potentially fraudulent, however I can also see how if done correctly and transparently it helps make people making smaller market transactions be able to do so more cheaply and efficiently. In other words, Robinhood doesn't have to make 1,000 trades of ten shares of a specific company, they can buy 10,000 shares at once and let the people trade at will.
    That's the issue here though. It appears they (and other brokers) are not buying 10,000 shares for internal trading. They are buying 1,000 but "selling" 10,000 (keeping an unknown amount of transactions in their internal dark pools, where the existence of 10,000 shares doesn't matter and is only a book entry, iow fractional reserve equity markets) then screaming OH $#@! SHUT IT DOWN when the 1,000, not the 10,000 sold, are actually available for repurchase by the shorter. There's still 10,000 claims on shares though. This is exactly what I, and many others, think happened and caused the coordinated buying shutdown.

Robinhood didn't rig anything, it was the clearing house like you said. They didn't give them any choice. I don't know why your brokerage locked all accounts, my Robinhood account was fine, I could trade anything, just couldn't buy GME and a few other volatile stocks.
    Again, Robinhood is clearly beholden to whoever provides the bulk of its earnings and if/when Robinhood went down, the next up the chain is responsible for paying out the claims that Robinhood can not. They were caught by their own long-running fraud and decided to close the doors when it became clear that the chain was in danger of losing large amounts of cash, if not collapsing entirely. If we lose everything, that's a-ok though.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-17-2021 at 10:45 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

II'm not convinced that creating fake shares is legal, seeing how naked shorting is illegal, which is the creation of fake shares to sell.

There you go again with this legal vs. illegal stuff.

If you have to defer to manmade laws as the arbiter of right and wrong because you're not able to explain why something's wrong on the basis of actual justice, then all that does is undermine the legitimacy of those manmade laws.

We don't need the government acting like we're too stupid to decide for ourselves what exchanges with one another are right for us and interfering to stop us from doing so.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    There you go again with this legal vs. illegal stuff.

If you have to defer to manmade laws as the arbiter of right and wrong because you're not able to explain why something's wrong on the basis of actual justice, then all that does is undermine the legitimacy of those manmade laws.
    Oh, are you a mason? I've read that masonic argument that (subjective) "actual justice" is the goal, regardless of whether it comports with existing law or not. Machiavellian 'End Justifies The Means'. If you just "know" someone is guilty, throw them in prison for justice, even if the evidence and/or applicable law doesn't support it. Because you just know they did it.

For me, justice is an equal application of standards of conduct against two parties that agree to interact, not changing the established rules of the game in the middle of the game, especially when the one that holds the power in the game is in danger of losing the game. If the little guy can lose everything, so then should the big guy. This is known as "live by the sword, die by the sword." That is justice and maintains natural balance. Increasing imbalances always eventually lead to ever more violent reversions back to balance. This GME episode is a microcosm example of that in action. There's a lot more people now that see how the system is rigged against them from all angles.

We don't need the government acting like we're too stupid to decide for ourselves what exchanges with one another are right for us and interfering to stop us from doing so.
    I'm not an anarchist so I don't believe there is no role for government. Good government (which we do not have with the current crop of criminals, hence the increasing imbalance) does have a role in ensuring imbalances do not become so large as to guarantee an eventual violent reversion back to balance.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-17-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Oh, are you a mason? I've read that masonic argument that (subjective) "actual justice" is the goal, regardless of whether it comports with existing law or not.
    No, I'm not a Mason, and I don't approve of Free Masonry. And "actual justice" since it's actual, is by definition not subjective. It is the Creator's law.

"Actual justice" that is not subject to the make-believe laws that change with the whims of rulers is a classic libertarian concept. In fact, it is one of the hallmarks of libertarianism. I understand it in a Christian light. Augustine famously claimed that an unjust law is no law at all. But the idea has been known in other terms, especially natural law. The Declaration of Independence acknowledges it when it refers to the Law of Nature and Nature's God, and unalienable rights endowed to people by the Creator. Lysander Spooner explained the concept very eloquently in the opening paragraphs of his Letter to Grover Cleveland. Lord Acton also argued in favor of natural law over governmental laws. Murray Rothbard extolled natural law repeatedly in his works.

In fact, when justice is subjugated to any old law that human politicians can just make up, it's then that it is subjective.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 02-17-2021 at 11:50 AM.

No, I'm not a Mason, and I don't approve of Free Masonry. And "actual justice" since it's actual, is by definition not subjective. It is the Creator's law.

"Actual justice" that is not subject to the make-believe laws that change with the whims of rulers is a classic libertarian concept. In fact, it is one of the hallmarks of libertarianism. I understand it in a Christian light. Augustine famously claimed that an unjust law is no law at all. But the idea has been known in other terms, especially natural law. The Declaration of Independence acknowledges it when it refers to the Law of Nature and Nature's God, and unalienable rights endowed to people by the Creator. Lysander Spooner explained the concept very eloquently in the opening paragraphs of his Letter to Grover Cleveland. Lord Acton also argued in favor of natural law over governmental laws. Murray Rothbard extolled natural law repeatedly in his works.

In fact, when justice is subjugated to any old law that human politicians can just make up, it's then that it is subjective.
    Is there no room for governmental law to reflect natural law? That is the point I'm trying to make. Nature enjoys balance and when some aspect becomes increasingly out of balance, it inevitably is placed back into balance, and usually by increasingly more violent means. See: earthquakes and volcanoes, for example. Laws among men can be applied that reflect this need for balance, thus avoiding the violent reversions. I don't think natural law and man's law must be mutually exclusive.

In the context of this GME topic, allowing TBTF to actually fail is how balance can start to be restored. Everything economic has become so far out of balance that the reversion will be increasingly violent.

(eta: if Rep. Hill and Sherman's comments I'm watching right now on CNBC are any indication, it'll be a whitewash of the collusive behavior of all Wall Street parties to prevent them from taking a loss. Focusing on Robinhood's capitalization and "gamification" of trading, etc. Wall Street owns Congress so it's no surprise.)
    Last edited by devil21; 02-17-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Is there no room for governmental law to reflect natural law?
    Sure it can, and it often does. When it does, then the government law is redundant. When it doesn't, it's unjust.

But in either case, if there's a case to be made against the practices you mentioned on the basis of justice, then you should be able to do that, without needing to defer to laws that corrupt politicians made up as though they decided the matter.

Sure it can, and it often does. When it does, then the government law is redundant. When it doesn't, it's unjust.

But in either case, if there's a case to be made against the practices you mentioned on the basis of justice, then you should be able to do that, without needing to defer to laws that corrupt politicians made up as though they decided the matter.
    I don't think we're as far apart on this as you may think.

The result invariably ends up being ever more laws that not only maintain the imbalance but actually increase it! "How were the dirty commoners able to threaten our pirate looting operation under our British admiralty war flag? We must act immediately!"

I'll front run the lies from the pirates tomorrow and post Thomas Peterffy of Interactive Brokers admitting on CNBC that the coordinated lockdowns of accounts and suspension of buying was to protect the brokerages and the clearinghouses.

"We restricted to protect ourselves....uh to protect customers, but most of all to protect the marketplace, to protect the clearinghouse." It's on video here:
    https://twitter.com/ohmytvconefive/s...85351496683522

What he doesn't specify is that retail traders are not the "customers". Retail traders are their product, not their customers.

What he's saying is that they shut down buying because if it continued, the dominoes would have started falling as the hedge fund collapses, then the brokerage collapses, then their clearinghouse collapses, etc, because the price of GME would keep rising and the short could never be covered. There already were way too many claims on shares on the books, with more coming in by the moment, than what actually exists. They've allowed this internal fraud for many years but were about to get caught on it. The rampant fraud would have been exposed as the house of smoke and mirrors started collapsing. THE BROKERAGES, CLEARINGHOUSES, DTCC, TREASURY, FED ALL KNOW THAT THIS FRAUD IS BUSINESS AS USUAL. It is part and parcel of the pirate looting operation.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-17-2021 at 05:07 PM.

I congratulate Congress on the masterful job they did during the hearing today. At a time when there is a major effort to convince people, especially doe-eyed younger people, that the government is their friend and wants to help them and fix problems and provide for them, Congress today did a masterful job of displaying to that large swath of younger people that the government is not only not their friend but is, in fact, the friend of the corporation and the banks. Well done Rep Waters and the rest of your committee! Perhaps some people may wonder why, for example, Rep. Loudermilk spent his 5 minutes telling Wall Street how amazing and truthful they are, and go see on opensecrets.org that Loudermilk's top 3 campaign donor sectors are Insurance, Banks and Investment Firms. Even the self proclaimed Woman of the People, Ocasio-Cortez, who many young people eagerly awaited her questioning, asked the exact same questions as the rest of the Committee. How many times did they need to hear about Citadel's front-running? People watched Congress ask question after question that were, by and large, irrelevant to what people wanted answers about. People watched as the few reasonably tough questions that were asked were entirely avoided by Wall Street with little to no resistance. The younger people have received a valuable lesson during this whole thing. No, the government is not your friend. No, Wall Street does not play by their own rules and they are not interested in anything except their own accumulation of the people's wealth. No, no one is going to help you, no one is going to provide for you unless it benefits the provider much more greatly than the recipient, and the pledges of working for the people's benefit is a giant lie they tell you while they steal everything possible from you.

Well done, Congress. Well done indeed. Your hearing today did more to shed light on truth more than anything we could have done.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-18-2021 at 07:53 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    The best part was when one of the Republicans finally explained to everybody that the reason they were not able to allow trading of the shares was due to existing government regulations with regards to capital requirements.

I congratulate Congress on the masterful job they did during the hearing today. At a time when there is a major effort to convince people, especially doe-eyed younger people, that the government is their friend and wants to help them and fix problems and provide for them, Congress today did a masterful job of displaying to that large swath of younger people that the government is not only not their friend but is, in fact, the friend of the corporation and the banks. Well done Rep Waters and the rest of your committee! Perhaps some people may wonder why, for example, Rep. Loudermilk spent his 5 minutes telling Wall Street how amazing and truthful they are, and go see on opensecrets.org that Loudermilk's top 3 campaign donor sectors are Insurance, Banks and Investment Firms. Even the self proclaimed Woman of the People, Ocasio-Cortez, who many young people eagerly awaited her questioning, asked the exact same questions as the rest of the Committee. How many times did they need to hear about Citadel's front-running? People watched Congress ask question after question that were, by and large, irrelevant to what people wanted answers about. People watched as the few reasonably tough questions that were asked were entirely avoided by Wall Street with little to no resistance. The younger people have received a valuable lesson during this whole thing. No, the government is not your friend. No, Wall Street does not play by their own rules and they are not interested in anything except their own accumulation of the people's wealth. No, no one is going to help you, no one is going to provide for you unless it benefits the provider much more greatly than the recipient, and the pledges of working for the people's benefit is a giant lie they tell you while they steal everything possible from you.

Well done, Congress. Well done indeed. Your hearing today did more to shed light on truth more than anything we could have done.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The best part was when one of the Republicans finally explained to everybody that the reason they were not able to allow trading of the shares was due to existing government regulations with regards to capital requirements.
    Capital requirements (and a few pollution rules) are pretty much the only regulation in any industry that makes sense.

It is really hard for depositors to go bust with capital requirements. It is a very simple regulation that works. Lehman Brothers doesn't fail with adequate capital requirements. You can eliminate all the other BS rules that prevent start up firms just by focusing on capital requirements.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 02-19-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Wall Street has never been more fair for the average trader than today. Brokerage costs are low. High frequency trading has dramatically reduced the costs for small traders. Twitter, free websites like Finviz and Yahoo Finance, and the SEC have democratized access to information.

Wall Street isn't screwing the little guy. Wall Street allow participation in business and makes it so a person with a little starting capital the ability to make millions and it has never been easier.

I couldn't even imagine how hard it was 30 years ago. No one is screwing you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/markminer...48855015890954

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Wall Street has never been more fair for the average trader than today. Brokerage costs are low. High frequency trading has dramatically reduced the costs for small traders. Twitter, free websites like Finviz and Yahoo Finance, and the SEC have democratized access to information.

Wall Street isn't screwing the little guy. Wall Street allow participation in business and makes it so a person with a little starting capital the ability to make millions and it has never been easier.

Thirty or 40 years ago if I wanted to sell some stock I'd have to open an account at a broker , provide an original birth certificate and pay them 50.00 cash to unload 2k in stocks.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thirty or 40 years ago if I wanted to sell some stock I'd have to open an account at a broker , provide an original birth certificate and pay them 50.00 cash to unload 2k in stocks.
    Ya, when I first started trading in high school it was really frustrating.. Didn't have a ton of cash, so the only way to diversify in stocks without paying ridiculous trading fees was to buy into a fund. Also very expensive to day trade without margin or lots of cash..

Now pretty much anybody can day trade for free, or diversify as much as they want. They can even buy fractional shares, so if a stock price is very expensive you can buy as much of a single share as you want.

There is a cost - which is that, as explained in the hearing, the brokerages that charge fees tend to get first crack and thus get a slightly better price on the stock. The Democrats were complaining and saying that it isn't fair.. which is BS.. if you are an average investor trading smaller amounts, you save a lot more by buying the share at a slightly higher price than you would if you were paying the trading fees.

Yes, so fair that trading is halted or restricted in only one direction on tickers when one side of the trade is in danger of losing large naked bets. What's more fair than that? I could easily dissect your post but why bother? Everything that has been made easier has only made it easier for the little guy to lose more and lose quicker. This is a casino, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno
    Now pretty much anybody can day trade for free, or diversify as much as they want. They can even buy fractional shares, so if a stock price is very expensive you can buy as much of a single share as you want.
    Arrrrgggh, Captain, I sees some very small dingys port side we haven't pillaged yet! Hard to port and prepare to board!
    Last edited by devil21; 02-21-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Yes, so fair that trading is halted or restricted in only one direction on tickers when one side of the trade is in danger of losing large naked bets. What's more fair than that? I could easily dissect your post but why bother? Everything that has been made easier has only made it easier for the little guy to lose more and lose quicker. This is a casino, sir.

Arrrrgggh, Captain, I sees some very small dingys port side we haven't pillaged yet! Hard to port and prepare to board!
    LOL arrrggg indeed.....

GME shooting up again. I'm gonna make a bold prediction that they're about to use GME to start a major correction. I've been wrong before so no, this isn't advice.

"News" item released by banker controlled Reuters yesterday (2-23...322 reversed) and pushed across all major media today:

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture...l-idUSRTX9PYH4

Reuters / Tuesday, February 23, 2021
    Baarack the sheep is seen before his thick wool was shorn in Lancefield, Victoria, Australia February 5, 2021. The wild and ailing sheep found in a forest in Australia, named Baarack by rescuers, has yielded a fleece nearly half the weight of an adult kangaroo after being shorn for the first time in many a year. Edgar's Mission Inc/Handout via REUTERS
    A signal maybe? An article today pushed out to major media about shearing a sheep named Baarack (who the market bubble started under) of 75-78 pounds of wool...
    Last edited by devil21; 02-24-2021 at 07:14 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    GME: $335 high so far today. Wait till stimulus money hits...

eta: 347 to 183 in minutes then back up to 255 minutes later. Several million shares dumped in a few minutes sounds totally legit and definitely not more naked shorting to crash the price, trigger stop losses and buy back at the low.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-10-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Several million shares dumped in a few minutes sounds totally legit and definitely not more naked shorting to crash the price, trigger stop losses and buy back at the low.
    The world isn't conspiring against you.

There is no naked shorting in it right now. The stock is easy to borrow at every broker I have. Don't even need to pay for a locate. Overnight lending fee is almost as low as an S&P 500 stock. It turns out when stocks go from 50 to 360 in a short time they have aggressive selloffs. Hope that helps.

GME: $335 high so far today. Wait till stimulus money hits...

eta: 347 to 183 in minutes then back up to 255 minutes later. Several million shares dumped in a few minutes sounds totally legit and definitely not more naked shorting to crash the price, trigger stop losses and buy back at the low.

There is no naked shorting in it right now. The stock is easy to borrow at every broker I have. Don't even need to pay for a locate. Overnight lending fee is almost as low as an S&P 500 stock. It turns out when stocks go from 50 to 360 in a short time they have aggressive selloffs. Hope that helps.

And what if there was naked shorting right now with hopes of crashing prices and then buying back at the low anyway?

If people were attempting that, whether successfully or not, would that be a problem?

Nope not the world, just pirates on Wall St whose job is to engage in legalized theft under false pretenses day-after-day.

Yeah you're probably right that it wasn't naked shorting, just amassing large borrowed shares for a giant coordinated dump. That was a bit of a knee-jerk assertion on my part since naked shorting is what started this whole thing in the first place. When it comes to professional criminals, it's hard not to assume they're again engaging in criminality.

What is it about that you dont approve of free masonry ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What is it about that you dont approve of free masonry ?
    My first reason is its theological teachings. Second is that it's a secret society that seems to have a pretty clear interest in installing its members in political positions.

My first reason is its theological teachings. Second is that it's a secret society that seems to have a pretty clear interest in installing its members in political positions.
    i really didnt know they have theological teachings , wasnt in my world religion class sophmore year.
    Do something Danke

The GME options chain at 4pm market close today demonstrates exactly that Citadel, other market makers and brokers collude and manipulate stock prices. The price point that GME closed at was the exact price point that kept the most calls and puts out-of-the-money. They landed the price exactly where it needed to be, right at 200.27. Under 200 would have triggered a boatload of puts to be in-the-money. Above 210 would have triggered a boatload of calls. So it closed at 200.27. Sorry, you lose. Try again next week? They literally make stocks close exactly where they want to screw the most options trades, while knowing the exact positions of all traders due to order flow front-running and interconnection.

I've watched the GME options chains since this all started and it's clockwork every week that the Friday closing price just so happens to land exactly where it screws the most options holders. Always, without fail. Inexplicable moves up and down in price always precede this. See today's GME ticker for evidence. 190 launched to 215 on no news then settled at 200.27. That was Citadel. There was also a ridiculous volume number displayed on the chart at the same time of literally 200 million shares moving. I watched it happen. Then the volume figure locked up and the huge number disappeared without a trace. On a stock with 70 million shares total, CNBC's ticker showed 200 million volume!

This is intentional because Citadel's hedge fund (and other entities also) takes the other side of any trades made through the market making arm (in their internal dark pools) that Citadel thinks (knows?) it can profit from by manipulation, instead of routing the trade to the exchange and fully allowing the market to price the stock. This is also evidence of why the GME buy side was shut down in January. They didn't have their algos programmed to control GME for that week under the heavy buying pressure and the closing price on that Friday would have blown up hedge funds caught on the wrong side of the short and the options. The squeeze would have been triggered and Wall St would have lost massive amounts of money. Can't have that, can we? So they shut down the buy side to prevent it.

Pirates stealing under false pretenses is fraud.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-19-2021 at 03:31 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another US House hearing to be held on 5/6. I don't anticipate any major news coming from it but the attendees list is much more meat n potatoes than previous. DTCC, FINRA and SEC Chair. If I were a daytrader, I could see a big down day on markets to demonstrate what happens when the pirate looting operation is threatened...

decent writeup
    https://wallstreetonparade.com/2021/...tcc-and-finra/

Another US House hearing to be held on 5/6. I don't anticipate any major news coming from it but the attendees list is much more meat n potatoes than previous. DTCC, FINRA and SEC Chair. If I were a daytrader, I could see a big down day on markets to demonstrate what happens when the pirate looting operation is threatened...

decent writeup
    https://wallstreetonparade.com/2021/...tcc-and-finra/

Gamestop is on right at a major inflection point. If it holds below 155 or so think below 100 is in the cards. Wasn't aware of that Congress is talking about this tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if that moves the stock.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast