Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand puts a nail in the coffin on second impeachment attempt.

Rand puts a nail in the coffin on second impeachment attempt.

DEAD ON ARRIVAL: After Rand’s Speech, 45 Republican Senators Agree To End Sham Impeachment Before It Starts

No less than 45 Republican senators voted Tuesday that the Democrat Party’s bizarre impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump is profoundly illegal and unconstitutional, following a rousing speech from Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY. The largely symbolic vote indicates that Senate Democrats’ desperate attempt to impeach a President who has already left office will like fail in spectacular fashion if it reaches a vote on the Senate floor.

Sens. Mitt Romney (Utah), Ben Sasse (Neb.), Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Pat Toomey (Pa.) made up the coalition of five Republicans who voted that the impeachment trial was constitutional. Their desperate attempt to sway the results of the impeachment proceeding still leaves Senate Democrats 12 votes shy of the 55 they would need to succeed in a future trial.
    “The Chief Justice’s absence demonstrate that this is not a trial of the president, but one of a private citizen,” Paul said in an address to the Senate floor Tuesday. “Therefore I make a point of order that this proceeding, which would try a private citizen and not a president, a vice president or civil officer violates the Constitution, and is not an order.”

Paul also described the impeachment as “nothing more than a partisan exercise designed to further divide the country.”

https://nationalfile.com/dead-on-arr...fore-it-starts

Expect bolded to be primaried by Trumps emerging GOP influence.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-26-2021 at 05:11 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is the reason for thinking the trial is unconstitutional?

Not bad for a traitor prone to dereliction of duty, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Where in the Constitution is there a provision for impeaching private citizens, again?

Quotes, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

$#@!ing read the article. Or research others. Or just $#@! off with your bull$#@!.

I wonder what they got on Toomey. It seems like ancient history now, but he was once the antithesis of Arlen Specter. Something scared him at some point. And he’s retiring so he’s vacating his seat, which is good.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 01-26-2021 at 05:33 PM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    $#@!ing read the article. Or research others. Or just $#@! off with your bull$#@!.
    Didn't exactly win any awards for intelligent question of the year, did it?

So, we're the Senate. What are we expected to vote on, here? Whether to remove him from office?

Too late.

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Where in the Constitution is there a provision for impeaching private citizens, again?

Quotes, please.
    He would be impeached for what he did as President, not a private citizen.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I did. I didn't see my question answered in it.

I thought maybe somebody here would know, so I asked the forum.

If you don't know that's fine. Others might.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 01-26-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I wonder what they got on Toomey. It seems like ancient history now, but he was once the antithesis of Arlen Specter.
    He was never really the antithesis to Specter. That was just the way he framed it. It worked well for him since Specter happened to be the guy whose seat he wanted. And the zeitgeist of the Tea Party movement made it an opportune time for Toomey to play that role.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 01-26-2021 at 05:51 PM.

He would be impeached for what he did as President, not a private citizen.
    Well, the bad news for every sane person in the country is it didn't take a supermajority to table Rand Paul's motion to dismiss, so you'll get your trial.

But it does take a supermajority to remove, so even if they could, they clearly won't.

I hope it keeps them out of our hair all the rest of the session.

That said, you didn't answer my question either. Turn up your hearing aid, get out your specs, whatever it takes. Where in the Constitution does it say the Senate can conduct an impeachment trial of a private citizen and remove him from office?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-26-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Quotes, please.
    LOL- beat me to it!
    There is no spoon.

From the quotes in my OP

“The Chief Justice’s absence demonstrate that this is not a trial of the president, but one of a private citizen,” Paul said in an address to the Senate floor Tuesday. “Therefore I make a point of order that this proceeding, which would try a private citizen and not a president, a vice president or civil officer violates the Constitution, and is not an order.”

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Ha ha ha! Rand first says Biden hates black teens, and now this. I'd say he's getting more assertive than 2016, and getting reading for a different 2024 run.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Clearly, Rand Paul is seditious scum and a tool of the Democrats.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Ha ha ha! Rand first says Biden hates black teens, and now this. I'd say he's getting more assertive than 2016, and getting reading for a different 2024 run.
    I'm not sure what BlazeTV comments usually look like, but the comments from that video are indeed very positive.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I'd say his thirteen hour filibuster of 2013 was pretty assertive. But I don't see this as self-serving. I see this as one of the two or three of the hundred senators who actually does his job.

Rand Paul for President CSA 2024
    - Kim Kardashian

Now we know which Senators need to be primaried during the midterm elections.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I doubt anyone will answer you, except in sarcasm.

You are Gaslighting in your questioning.

If I were to ask "why didnt you do something about the Corporate World Government Takeover", that would effectively be a Gaslighting question, and we all know it and quite frankly are sick of your bull$#@!.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

MAGA was allegedly backstabbed by some factions of deep neocons "friends" and such lobbies seem to be turning on one another, don't see what's the upside of Rand getting in the way. IMO he should stay out of this and watch from sidelines what becomes of whatever is leftover of GOPA wing that was bound to sink.
    Hopefully there is third party birth/rebirth of GOP wing not tainted with neocons swamp that would attract attention of liberty minded folks to channel their energies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Rand Paul for President CSA 2024
    Yes i think given the Stephanopoulos interview and now this, it looks like Rand is running for prezzy-prez.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand made front page of CNN

and more shocking, the article stayed surprisingly factual

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/26/p...ity/index.html

Something fishy is going on.

They must be up to something.
    - Kim Kardashian

I think the more legitimate question is why are elected officials wasting taxpayer money on a ceremony meant for elected officials for an official not in office . Shouldnt they be punished for that ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Rand made front page of CNN

and more shocking, the article stayed surprisingly factual

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/26/p...ity/index.html

Something fishy is going on.

They must be up to something.
    You mean besides putting a band aid on one of the gushing wounds of their reputation?

They do that now and then.

I don't think an impeachment of a president after he has left office is constitutional. I think it was petty and a waste of time and resources for the democrats to impeach with 2 weeks left in Trump's term. However I do think he is guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't think an impeachment of a president after he has left office is constitutional. I think it was petty and a waste of time and resources for the democrats to impeach with 2 weeks left in Trump's term. However I do think he is guilty.
    Do you?

And is Maxine Waters guilty of the same?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Guilty of what? Claiming there was election fraud?

Maybe if the left didn't want people to riot over election fraud, they shouldn't have election frauded to begin with.
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast