Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cop Uses Headshot To Take Out Gunman Holding Baby Hostage

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Riots incoming?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    [W]ill it matter to the BLM movement or the media?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    God knows how this will play out in the Marxist media organs, more than likely it will be ignored, [...]
    It depends on how much controversy the media can manage to milk this for.

If enough people are like, "Meh. That $#@! was asking for it, because baby hostage", then nothing happens.

But Antifa/BLM types have become sufficiently unhinged that even that may not matter anymore.

We'll just have to wait and see.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't expect to hear much out of BLM for a while. Their sponsors want the blacks to seem to be happy as larks down on the plantation, because Master Joe loves them all so much.

Of course, when they stop lining up for Master Joe's magic vaccine because everyone they know who took it is dead, they might get incited to start shooting each other again.

I hate seeing people get played, but people are being talked out of listening to the likes of me.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-26-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People other than the mom called the police, as this guy was in the middle of the street shooting in many directions, and also attempting to car jack. This was an active shooter situation, with a child as a hostage or potential victim. Who gets blamed if the guy shoots the car driver or blows the kids head off after the Police are already there? The controversy at that point would be why didn't the Police shoot him when they had the chance?

How will the media handle it? At this point politically, they are not trying to hurt a President, and they probably would rather that riots stop occurring, to help the current President. Under the rug seems likely.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I take it the Biden administration will not be making any statements about this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    It depends on how much controversy the media can manage to milk this for.

If enough people are like, "Meh. That $#@! was asking for it, because baby hostage", then nothing happens.

But Antifa/BLM types have become sufficiently unhinged that even that may not matter anymore.

We'll just have to wait and see.
    If a riot occurs and the MSM doesn't report on it, does it make a sound?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    He was only in that situation to begin with because of white men and their socioeconomic privilege.

The cops shot him, but it was all of you in this thread that did this to him.
    reported

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again."

Well, was way off on my yardage. By double. Was thinking about 7 cars length x about 8 ft. per car length. So my guestimation of the car length threw me off. Average would be more like 14 ft. So, definitely was more like a 40 yd. shot! But, I was correct in my assessment of sling deployment. To some extent. Spec. Ops, trains to bind up the sling to the stock with a "Ranger Band" when a vehicle exit is to be used. This keeps it from getting bound up by anything on the vehicle interior that could snag it. Easy to pull it loose when free from the vehicle. All in all I, like the commentator, think that they did an exemplary job. EVERY chance to surrender was given. And the marksmanship was spot on. I had not noticed when I first watched the video that the marksman was also the one that grabbed up the child. The cop with the pistol should have done that IMHO. And for the marksman to de-escalate his adrenaline and comfort the toddler...well, I too am not one to praise police, but, damn they did a great job in a terrible circumstance.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12