Thread: Merck Scraps COVID Vaccines; Says It’s More Effective To Get The Virus And Recover

Merck Scraps COVID Vaccines; Says It’s More Effective To Get The Virus And Recover

Merck Scraps COVID Vaccines; Says It’s More Effective To Get The Virus And Recover
    Shots generated an ‘inferior’ immune system response in comparison with natural infection

Steve Watson

Vaccine manufacturer Merck has abandoned development of two coronavirus vaccines, saying that after extensive research it was concluded that the shots offered less protection than just contracting the virus itself and developing antibodies.

The company announced that the shots V590 and V591 were ‘well tolerated’ by test patients, however they generated an ‘inferior’ immune system response in comparison with natural infection.

The company stated that instead it will focus on research into therapeutic drugs labeled as MK-7110 and MK-4482.

The drugs aim to protect patients from the damage of an overactive immune response to the virus.

“Interim results from a Phase 3 study showed a greater than 50 percent reduction in the risk of death or respiratory failure in patients hospitalized with moderate to severe COVID-19,” the company’s statement noted of the MK-7110 drug.

Merck is to receive around $356 million from the US government to fast-track production of the potential treatments under Operation Warp Speed.

Chief Marketing Officer Michael Nally recently told Bloomberg that Merck is aiming to produce some 20 million courses of the MK-4482 drug, an oral antiviral which patients will take twice a day for five days.

Meanwhile, in related news, German scientists have claimed that the UK Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is less than 8% effective in over 65s, prompting the vaccine developers to hit back, rubbishing the claims.

The German media published the claims, alleging it had been ‘confirmed’ by ‘multiple’ unnamed senior German government sources.

UK government ministers have suggested that the claim could be related to the ongoing dispute over delivery of the vaccine between the European Union and AstraZeneca.

The EU, which is yet to approve the vaccine, has threatened to block exports of shots to Britain, in a move that has been branded ‘spiteful’ by British government sources.

In an effort to make sure its member states get their ‘fair share’ of vaccines, the EU has also threatened to block the delivery of Pfizer vaccines to the UK, demanding that drug companies provide detailed information on when they plan to export Covid jabs to countries outside the bloc.
    https://summit.news/2021/01/26/merck...s-and-recover/
    Proverbs 29:18
    "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    even the greedy pharms are wise to the vaccine scam.

They just figured that out? Why do I doubt that?

Would they stop pursuing these profits if getting the disease and recovering were merely more effective? Or is this an admission it's safer?

I guess their lawyers figure their immunity from liability won't hold up if they only sell their poison in countries where they are protected that way.

Interesting they're destroying the narrative, which some people bought into sufficiently to repeat it to my face, that you can get COVID 19, recover from it, and get it again.

Well, at least they got billions in Warp Speed money from Trump.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-26-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Define Terrorist please.

According to, well, pretty much both political parties, the other party is now guilty of Terrorism.
    Listening to the mainstream media is like standing under a power line when the birds are migrating.

Gee golly gosh, I'm absolutely shocked by this revelation.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I 100% agree that a better and more comprehensive immunity comes from actual infection. The question with a vaccine vs actual infection is always the same. Which is worse? Which has more or worse side effects? Which has more mortality?

But there was some selective editing from the article. The full quote from Merck:

This decision follows Merck’s review of findings from Phase 1 clinical studies for the vaccines. In these studies, both V590 and V591 were generally well tolerated, but the immune responses were inferior to those seen following natural infection and those reported for other SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 vaccines.
    https://www.merck.com/news/merck-dis...ic-candidates/
    So basically, their attempts at a vaccine failed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So which drug maker is telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    So which drug maker is telling the truth?
    According to what Brian dug up, Merck competed and lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Define Terrorist please.

According to, well, pretty much both political parties, the other party is now guilty of Terrorism.
    Listening to the mainstream media is like standing under a power line when the birds are migrating.

Holy crap this is huge. A vaccine manufacturer abandoning a vaccine, favoring the natural immune system? This is big

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.