View Poll Results: Would you take a bullet for the USA. (private poll)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 10.00%
  • No

10 50.00%
  • Conditional

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you take a bullet for the USA?

Question Would you take a bullet for the USA?

Would you take a bullet for the USA? If asked to defend the USA would you take a bullet? If conditional, please provide a brief explanation.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which U.S.A? The one I was born in? Or this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The USA is illegitimate and has been since at least 1865
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Would you take a bullet for the USA? If asked to defend the USA would you take a bullet? If conditional, please provide a brief explanation.
    Conditional. I would in the event of a foreign attack on domestic soil that has sufficient evidence that it is not just a false flag. Beyond that is less clear as one has to start making distinctions between what is and is not the "real USA". I would take a bullet for traditional American values such as those embodied by the 2nd Amendment, but it is not difficult to imagine a scenario in which the USA is completely opposed to that value.

I'm going with conditional since I've already taken a few .

I have to vote yes because I already swore that oath.

I do want to be clear, for the USA can mean different things to different people. To defend our country and the good people that make the USA what it is, and NOT our government. Actually, I already have take one, but it was also intentional friendly fire and I was wearing a vest.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

If I found myself in that type of a situation where I had the opportunity to intervene in the ending of an innocent life, I would hope I would step in front of that bullet for anyone. No matter their nationality
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    If I found myself in that type of a situation where I had the opportunity to intervene in the ending of an innocent life, I would hope I would step in front of that bullet for anyone. No matter their nationality
    I would do the same, but only for white people.

Just kidding.

I wouldn't do it for anybody.

Not even my own grandma.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

This is quite a question.

I'm not interested in sacrificing myself to protect certain people/cabals that have usurped this nation.

And no, I'm not just referring to the newest cast of characters.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 01-24-2021 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Everything is conditional. Which, what, who's USA? Where and why?

Would you take a bullet for the USA?
    Hmmmm. Not sure. Need clarification ...

How many innocent Yemeni children and the like taking drone-bombs for the USA is the equivalent of me taking a bullet for the USA?

I mean, what exchange rate are we talking about, here?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-24-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

One of the problems with the Leftists and Snowflakes in this country, when they do not get what they want, IE YOUR $#@!, they will cry to someone to go shoot someone else on their behalf so they can actually get YOUR $#@!. They would not help their grandma who just had hip replacement surgery to stand up to go to the bathroom, but will DEMAND YOU DIE so you can have YOUR $#@!.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Would you take a bullet for the USA?
    Can one of the bullets taken by Jose Guerena count for mine?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-24-2021 at 05:22 PM.

I swore to when I joined the Marines years ago. I was at peace with the fact that that could be my fate. I really was. I was a bit naive then.

I would still take a bullet for friends and family but never for an abstract concept.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Which U.S.A? The one I was born in? Or this one?
    This one. As it is now.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For myself, it would be very conditional. Which would depend on the state of the US Government at the time. I would not defend this government as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I would still take a bullet for friends and family but never for an abstract concept.
    I am sympathetic to this. For me, the abstract concept is not so much about the concept itself as what stems from it. Basically, I defend certain abstract concepts, because failing to do so leads to a very undesirable outcome. Some abstract concepts are the dividing line between those friends and families being able to have good lives.

Of course, this is all mental masturbation. There is a wide gulf between "definitely going to take the bullet" and "running the risk of taking the bullet". I believe people's behaviors are likely to change depending on which of the two scenarios is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    I am sympathetic to this. For me, the abstract concept is not so much about the concept itself as what stems from it. Basically, I defend certain abstract concepts, because failing to do so leads to a very undesirable outcome. Some abstract concepts are the dividing line between those friends and families being able to have good lives.

Of course, this is all mental masturbation. There is a wide gulf between "definitely going to take the bullet" and "running the risk of taking the bullet". I believe people's behaviors are likely to change depending on which of the two scenarios is in place.
    Anyone pretending to know what they would do in such a situation is full of $#@! anyway.

Only people who have actually faced that situation, know what they would do.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Anyone pretending to know what they would do in such a situation is full of $#@! anyway.

You are correct, which is why I called it mental masturbation.

Such a great question and I've been thinking about it a lot personally the last year. There are some scenarios where my answer is yes, gladly. There are some perspectives where it's a hard no.

First, I'm going to assume that the bullet is lethal, based on the way most in the thread seem to be interpreting the question.

Would I die for the USA is the new question. I would die for the principles that it once stood for, and for which I and many still believe in, if it were a combat scenario, in some circumstances. For example, I would fight and be willing to give my life if the country were attacked and there was a call to arms against a foe seeking to destroy traditional american values. However, if someone came to my door and said "we're executing people who believe in the bill of rights, what's your stance?" I'm going to lie to them and hide in my attic.

I imagine this question gets responses depending on what kind of family the respondent has, as well as how much life they expect to have left to live. Definitely depends on what the person expects to find on "the other side."

I would like a noble death, and a quick death, but I want to live most of my good years also.
    Last edited by JohnCifelli1; 01-24-2021 at 07:00 PM.

I think the new Congress will pass this soon. They will frame it as being for women's rights. It will be empowering. The first woman vice president will give to to us. They already framed the debate that its a conservative thing to be against this. I mean Ted Cruz is against this so the left will have to be for it. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/u...ary-draft.html

USA=the regime in Washington, DC.

So no.

One thing we can be certain of . There will be scalps for me .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I know what a LOT of people are gonna do, and now the MYSTERY of the GREAT TOILET PAPER SHORTAGE has finally been solved! So, um, they wont be full of $#@! for long...
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think the new Congress will pass this soon. They will frame it as being for women's rights. It will be empowering. The first woman vice president will give to to us. They already framed the debate that its a conservative thing to be against this. I mean Ted Cruz is against this so the left will have to be for it. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/u...ary-draft.html
    Thank you for posting the link. I've always thought the selective service registration requirement was sexist. Although, I'm really not sure why they have it since we have a volunteer force anyways.

No, I'd rather play the role of a civilian.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Thank you for posting the link. I've always thought the selective service registration requirement was sexist. Although, I'm really not sure why they have it since we have a volunteer force anyways.
    It is sexist against men not women. I could totally see them flipping this around and gaslighting people with groupthink that the opposite of the truth is true because that's what they do.

If WW3 has broken out, and i am drafted, at MY age.... and subsequently handed an old M-1 rifle,
    if i then find myself at the front with the same said rifle, i think i'd be taking a bullet for Uncle Sam.
    Right after i shoot at the invading enemy with my old M-1 rifle. In a very loyal and dutiful manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Can one of the bullets taken by Jose Guerena count for mine?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast