Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    If you would risk your elderly mother's health on an untested vaccine that early results show may be killing old people then you are not very bright.
    Typically I would agree but I think it would depend on her other risk factors. What is more likely to kill her, the virus or the vaccine? I would in general of course sway on the side against taking the vaccine by default, unless having a good reason to think otherwise.

The priority, if anything, should be healthy people taking it to build up herd immunity.
    He isn't forcing it on anyone, he is simply making it available to the highest risk group in case they want to take it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    He isn't forcing it on anyone, he is simply making it available to the highest risk group in case they want to take it.
    The man made the point that DeSantis used his bully pulpit to promote extremely risky behavior. Care to address that point? Or are you just going to continue trying to deflect from it by repeating yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Typically I would agree but I think it would depend on her other risk factors. What is more likely to kill her, the virus or the vaccine? I would in general of course sway on the side against taking the vaccine by default, unless having a good reason to think otherwise.
    The vaccine of course. You can protect someone from getting the virus by making sure he/she is not exposed. That's the whole point of herd immunity. Individual members of the herd don't need to have immunity to be protected from the virus.

He is making it available to the group that's at the highest risk from dying from the vaccine itself. I'm not sure why that isn't sinking in.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

A lot of seniors both want to see people in person but also know a lot of those people haven't been vaccinated yet so why not give those seniors the choice to take the vaccine early?

Herd immunity will eventually happen but it'll take a lot of time to get enough vaccines produced for that.

In the meantime if you're young and healthy you're free to try to get the virus yourself if you want to do the country a favor, as long as you self-quarantine afterwards. Going out while infected in public, though, is the equivalent of randomly firing bullets in the air and just hoping they don't hit anyone.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 01-23-2021 at 03:11 PM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

He is making it available to the group that's at the highest risk from dying from the vaccine itself.
    Well he can't deny it to them.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Or maybe a DJT / Paul ticket in 2024 could work
    Assuming Trump even runs again/doesn't get convicted by the Senate next week.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    They're Republicans. Bend 'em over and violate their bungholes repeatedly without so much as a kiss or a reacharound and they just keep coming back for more. They know the MSM hates them, but keep nominating the RINOs the MSM talks about the most because God forbid they grow enough principles to vote for a loser.

It's what makes them such delightfully useful idiots.
    Republicans are here? Can you name a single one?

I may be registered Republican right now so that I can vote for liberty candidates in primaries, but surely that's not what you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think Rand should and would do well. He emerged from the Trump fiasco untainted. A lot of other potential 24 candidates reek of Trump.
    Sure, untainted to you. But very much tainted for the majority of the Republican base. Where else will he run? The Libertarian party (LOL!)? As a Democrat? Those people want him dead.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still support his run in a heartbeat but he has no viable path to even a performance that would top his last.

Why bother? Pence/Haley has already been chosen. Doubt Rand is interested any more.

I’d prefer DeSantis/Noem. Then bring Rand into the Cabinet.
    That ticket has no chance of winning. 75 million Americans are pissed off that Pence didn't overturn the election results. I highly doubt after 4 years Pence will be forgiven, if at all. His political career is over as far as I'm concerned. The GOP in general is burnt toast right now. They could very likely go 20-30 years without winning presidential elections.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-23-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The man made the point that DeSantis used his bully pulpit to promote extremely risky behavior. Care to address that point? Or are you just going to continue trying to deflect from it by repeating yourself?
    Well he can't deny it to them.

Matt, seriously? It's one thing to say "Well the vaccines out there so you can take it if you want." It's another thing to take taxpayer dollars and direct those dollars to purchasing the vaccine and direct those purchases to people who are most likely to die from taking that vaccine. This is even worse than the "bully pulpit" argument that @acptulsa pointed out. Your argument is like saying "Well if the government doesn't pay for abortions and advocate for women having abortions than women are being denied abortions."

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That ticket has no chance of winning. 75 million Americans are pissed off that Pence didn't overturn the election results. I highly doubt after 4 years Pence will be forgiven, if at all. His political career is over as far as I'm concerned. The GOP in general is burnt toast right now. They could very likely go 20-30 years without winning presidential elections.
    Only a subset of those who voted for Trump believe the election was stolen and a smaller subset of that wanted to fight after the electoral college vote. That said the "always Trumpers" will be a formidable force in 2024.

I think Rand should and would do well. He emerged from the Trump fiasco untainted. A lot of other potential 24 candidates reek of Trump.
    Yes. Rand was smart and let Trump hang himself. I'd still vote for Rand. But my dream ticket is Massey/Tulsi. (I know, I know. Never will happen).

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Yes. Rand was smart and let Trump hang himself. I'd still vote for Rand. But my dream ticket is Massey/Tulsi. (I know, I know. Never will happen).
    Cue autistic screeching about demoncrats.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Only a subset of those who voted for Trump believe the election was stolen and a smaller subset of that wanted to fight after the electoral college vote. That said the "always Trumpers" will be a formidable force in 2024.
    And what exactly do you think the "always Trumpers" are going to do in 2024? Unless Trump runs again or some other candidate that espouses Trumpism comes along, those people are going to 100% sit out of the election cycle.

Calvin Coolidge

And what exactly do you think the "always Trumpers" are going to do in 2024? Unless Trump runs again or some other candidate that espouses Trumpism comes along, those people are going to 100% sit out of the election cycle.
    Not disagreeing. Just disagreeing with the idea that the subset you mention represents 75 million people.

A pretty large subset of those who voted for Trump believe the election was stolen. Some numbers estimate up to 75%, but easily more than a majority.

The 25% of Republicans who don't believe the election was stolen don't even matter. Because they're stupid.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Why bother? Pence/Haley has already been chosen. Doubt Rand is interested any more.

I’d prefer DeSantis/Noem. Then bring Rand into the Cabinet.
    DeSantis is up for reelection in 2022. I don't expect him to make a run for president until 2028, assuming the country hasn't been completely torn apart by then.

Calvin Coolidge

I don't know if the "always Trumpers" idea even still exists.

He really pissed his supporters off in the last few weeks by being a beta male pussy who condemned his strongest supporters in the capitol rally, didn't pardon them, and otherwise refused to do or say anything controversial in the last weeks of his Presidency.

He allowed himself to be fully & completely castrated by the left, and once your nuts are cut off like that, they can't really be re-attached.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DeSantis is up for reelection in 2022. I don't expect him to make a run for president until 2028, assuming the country hasn't been completely torn apart by then.
    I mentioned him because he is a governor, and relative to many other governors, Florida has faired well during the COVID panic. He seemed to resist the panic more than others. He was also a founding member of the Freedom Caucus. Other than that, I haven't kept up with him, other than seeing people happy in Florida while California is under the totalitarian lockdown boot of Chairman Newsom.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't know about that. The MSM spin on the Trump phenomenon is that he is some pied piper and that ~75 million voters are blindly following him. An alternative viewpoint is that ~75 million voters saw little difference between Democrat and GOP primary candidates in 2016 and ultimately voted for the one candidate who distinguished himself from the rest of the inside-the-beltway crowd of candidates in both the 2016 and 2020 elections. Those ~75 million voters may support Trump in 2024. However, they will likely support any candidate who distinguished him/her-self from the inside-the-beltway candidates who in such instance will be Biden/Harris. (BTW, I predict that Biden won't last beyond 2022).

Rand Paul emerged from the Trump fiasco untainted as far as Democrats are concerned, because the course of action he took favored them. While I am still a supporter of his and would vote for him, there are a lot of Republicans that will no longer consider him at all due to the way he is perceived as having handled the election. Democrats have no use for him as it is, and, operating from the premise that the election results were legitimate, Republicans are numerically inferior.

Essentially, he has even less chance than he did in 2016 and would get crushed by even the most vanilla of Democrats. I am sure there are some Libertarians hanging on to the delusional hope that a figure like Rand Paul could pull over huge numbers of Democrats to make up for the Republicans he has alienated, but that just is not the case. Again, this is also assuming the elections even have any integrity to speak of.

Of course, if anyone wants to have a personal wager with me over whether Rand Paul will be president in 2024, I will gladly take that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Of course, if anyone wants to have a personal wager with me over whether Rand Paul will be president in 2024, I will gladly take that bet.
    He has 1000% better chance than Ron Paul did. In other words, zero.

He simply wouldn't be allowed to win, even if he through some stroke of mystical fortune actually did have a chance.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 01-25-2021 at 09:09 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

He has 1000% better chance than Ron Paul did. In other words, zero.

He simply wouldn't be allowed to win, even if he through some stroke of mystical fortune actually did have a chance.
    I believe you are correct.

Rand never had even half of Ron's base as support during his previous run. I doubt he can make up the ground between now and 2024, considering half of "our" base is skeptical of him (right/wrong, whatever... I'm not arguing those merits, just stating the "facts" from my angle). He never fired up the common Republican, to my knowledge. What will make 2024 any different?

Furthermore, I debated staying out of this thread because I didn't have anything nice to say, but what the heck is the point in worrying about the presidency? I thought we all moved on from that unreachable goal after 2012?

We should focus on local/state and maybe H.O.R. seats. That's where we'll find victories. There is nothing but wasted money and time on anything beyond those areas.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Why are libertarians so blind to anything outside of their ideological bubble? Go observe today's GOP grassroots. They want Trump. Those anti-Trump are tainted and vice versa. This is why Liz Cheney and Cindy McCain are censured.

As for Rand, I hope he runs, though I have zero expectation of it. We don't even know if hes going to run for Senate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Rand never had even half of Ron's base as support during his previous run. I doubt he can make up the ground between now and 2024, considering half of "our" base is skeptical of him (right/wrong, whatever... I'm not arguing those merits, just stating the "facts" from my angle). He never fired up the common Republican, to my knowledge. What will make 2024 any different?
    To be fair, no candidate ever shares the exact same base. You say Rand didn't have some of the base of Ron but Ron also shares a huge base with Trump yet Trump is villified on this forum. Trump's online supporters in general really like Ron and Rand. Support from the traditional party is general and tend to just follow whoever the president is. It can be argued that Trump had a unique grip on the party grassroots.

Rand did lose some of the purist libertarians, honestly nobody wants them anyways, they're not influential and aren't productive in this world. Tom Woods refers to them as POVERTARIANS. With the loss of those purists, he gained support in the general GOP base. Rand was considered a top tier candidate and did hit 24% in the crowded field before Trump entered.
    Last edited by eleganz; 01-26-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Exactly. Rand Paul is just way too quixotic and most people don't understand his message.

Maybe Rand has a son that can run for President, that people can better relate to?
    How about a father
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is DeSantis forcing anyone to take a vaccine?

Better to have one of those “move the Covid patients to the nursing homes” Democrats. Maybe that transwoman who moved her mom out before sending the Covid patients in would be a good choice?

Enough with the drama. No one said they wouldn't support Rand running for POTUS. Some of us get the feeling he wouldn’t want to do it again.
    I remember reading multiple articles stating Rand didn't like the process at all. He didn't like kissing the ring of major donors. Rand is very smart but I don't know that he is a natural "people person." It is what it is honestly. We can't get everything we want in a candidate. On the upside I think Rand does strike a good balance that the average low-info "conservative" could get behind Rand and he could still get the grassroots fired up. On the other hand I can see him failing to excite the average run of the mill GOP voter too. Keep an eye on Matt Gaetz too. He might end up being the torchbearer for the movement.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Exactly. Rand Paul is just way too quixotic and most people don't understand his message.

Maybe Rand has a son that can run for President, that people can better relate to?
    How about a father
    His father? No way!

I head that guy is some kind of kook, or something.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Ron Paul got 24% New Hampshire in 2012. Rand Paul got nothing the Ron Paul movement was destroyed. Half of them became delusional or they became like Justin amash.

Ted Cruz at least proposed to investigate the election and has some popular support.
    I would hope more for one of the legislators who voted to invalidate some of the states' electoral votes. Rand would be a third tier choice for me. I appreciated his description for why there should be term limits for Senators.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast