Thread: 'Centrist' Janet Yellen supports a $2 trillion carbon tax

'Centrist' Janet Yellen supports a $2 trillion carbon tax

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ax/ar-BB1bzpFk

Janet Yellen, former chairwoman of the Federal Reserve and President-elect Joe Biden's pick for Treasury secretary, has repeatedly pushed for a national carbon tax that would force drivers to pay more at the pump.

Joe Biden sitting at a table© Provided by Washington Examiner
    Glowing reactions from the media to Yellen’s selection paint her as a centrist figure and a compromise choice while ignoring her more extreme positions and taking shots at Republicans. USA Today referred to Yellen as “a centrist and consensus builder” who will work at “persuading recalcitrant Republicans in the Senate.” The Washington Post’s profile of Yellen insisted she is a “pragmatic, mainstream economist” and a policymaking version of “Mary Poppins.”

Reading such rave reviews, taxpayers may be surprised to learn of the alleged centrist’s support for a $2 trillion tax on American energy that would raise federal taxes on gasoline by more than 200%.

You know what? I hope they do. I hope my liberal friends who drive gas guzzling SUVs are shell shocked by the price at the pump this time next year. Right now gas is at $2.00 a gallon where I live. I hope it goes up to 3 or even 4 dollars a gallon. I'll go back to riding my bike. I'll ask Biden voters "Are you happy now?" As a side note I wonder how antifa will get gas for petrol bombs? Siphon it out of other people's tanks I bet.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'll ask Biden voters "Are you happy now?" As a side note I wonder how antifa will get gas for petrol bombs? Siphon it out of other people's tanks I bet.
    The most you'll get is deer in headlights, 1 minute later they will forget the whole thing; "I don't mind paying taxes."

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The most you'll get is deer in headlights, 1 minute later they will forget the whole thing; "I don't mind paying taxes."
    Bingo.

What might snap them out of their stupor is if there is no gas at any price.

Which is very possible if the new regime's policies are fully implemented.

I never thought I'd have to relive the 70s.

And for $#@!'s sake, at least the music then was good.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-21-2021 at 12:28 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bingo.

I remember being a stupid child when gas was cheap cheering for the "dollars" wheel to catch up with the "gallons" wheel. My dad was understandably ticked at that. But then the dollars wheel caught up to the gallons wheel...and kept going....and going....
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Carbon Tax at the pump will not satisfy the lust. You need to be taxed for breathing.

Bingo.

Agree on the music.

I can hear it now "Government do something Help me Save me Please!"

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

So where does the tax money go?

How does that money help with the supposed climate problem?

She is not a centrist, she is a communist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So where does the tax money go?

How does that money help with the supposed climate problem?
    Lol - like they care about where the money is going. This is about pushing drivers into electric vehicles. Social engineering via the tax code. Lovely.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You know what? I hope they do. I hope my liberal friends who drive gas guzzling SUVs are shell shocked by the price at the pump this time next year. Right now gas is at $2.00 a gallon where I live. I hope it goes up to 3 or even 4 dollars a gallon. I'll go back to riding my bike. I'll ask Biden voters "Are you happy now?" As a side note I wonder how antifa will get gas for petrol bombs? Siphon it out of other people's tanks I bet.
    I bet many of your liberal friends can work remotely. They're loving the lockdowns. They don't think they'll have to pay gas taxes anyway. I guess they figure their goods get to the stores on fairy dust and unicorn farts.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I bet many of your liberal friends can work remotely. They're loving the lockdowns. They don't think they'll have to pay gas taxes anyway. I guess they figure their goods get to the stores on fairy dust and unicorn farts.
    I wonder if anybody has crunched the energy usage numbers on the Bezos model of purchasing.

We set up tax, tort, and monetary policies that send all manufacturing halfway around the world, instead of perhaps 100 miles away.

Now, before anything gets to you, it has to get shipped tens of thousands of miles by vessel or flown by aircraft (incredibly energy dependent).

Then it shipped to a handling facility, then it is shipped to a local distribution hub, then it is delivered to your door, usually one item at a time.

When hundreds of millions start shopping for daily goods like that, what is the energy footprint then?

All of which is reliant on cheap oil...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

When hundreds of millions start shopping for daily goods like that, what is the energy footprint then?

It's gonna get expensive. As far as the energy footprint, it's measured pretty well in dollars. Believe it or not, Bezos has streamlined the logistics thing better than any company in history. That saves energy. But if you're talking about a "carbon footprint", it's not accurately measured because of the variables. But Amazon is one of the ones pushing these carbon pricing games because they can afford to put their competition out of business. They've already got aggressive goals and contracts lined up to reduce their carbon output. But your small business can't compete on that scale.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Lol - like they care about where the money is going. This is about pushing drivers into electric vehicles. Social engineering via the tax code. Lovely.
    Honestly I'm not real sure that a whole lot of travel where personal vehicles are needed is in the books either. Alex Jones' 'mega cities' concept is probably more accurate although they won't need to be giant metropolises once this untested biological agent has made it's rounds for a year or two.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I was actually quite enjoying the last couple days on the forums. Well, nothing lasts forever.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    She is not a centrist, she is a communist.
    We are far more centrist then them. More like, eh, I guess, Constitutional Moderate. Moderate supposed to be similar to Centrist. However with the flexibility of their terms and word gymnastics who knows what that means. Murder is still murder. Theft is still theft. Doesnt matter how many emotional backflips these people to in order to rationalize their extremely dangerous provocateuring behaviors.

But fully agree, she is a $#@!ing COMMUNAZI.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    We are far more centrist then them. More like, eh, I guess, Constitutional Moderate. Moderate supposed to be similar to Centrist. However with the flexibility of their terms and word gymnastics who knows what that means. Murder is still murder. Theft is still theft. Doesnt matter how many emotional backflips these people to in order to rationalize their extremely dangerous provocateuring behaviors.

But fully agree, she is a $#@!ing COMMUNAZI.
    Damn CommieNazis...Thought McBain killed them all already.

She's absolutely batsht insane.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Evil economic terrorist bitch .
    Do something Danke

So Biden will hand out a 2.4 Trillion stimulus and Yellen will impose a 2Trillion tax on fuel.

The State, virtue signaling.

and when we're all driving electric by 2035 they will tax electricity.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

That is exactly how Wealth Distribution works!

This is wealth redistribution. Its giving you your own money back to you minus processing fees, and making the redistributors look like Heroes. Illusory Heroes Only. Its still theft.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I wonder if anybody has crunched the energy usage numbers on the Bezos model of purchasing.

We set up tax, tort, and monetary policies that send all manufacturing halfway around the world, instead of perhaps 100 miles away.

Now, before anything gets to you, it has to get shipped tens of thousands of miles by vessel or flown by aircraft (incredibly energy dependent).

Then it shipped to a handling facility, then it is shipped to a local distribution hub, then it is delivered to your door, usually one item at a time.

I should tell the story of how I burned 15 gallons of gas to take a 1 pound package to Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.