Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today Keystone XL pipeline cancelled and you got to rejoin the Paris climate fraud

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    They arrive here with notions and dreams of freedom -and- prosperity, as a fabled "US Citizen"
    That is a wonderfully romanticized representation of the people that come here. You can drop the freedom part altogether, but the prosperity part is true insofar as what they can accomplish both by themselves and with government benefits.

The vast majority of immigrants are culturally unfamiliar with and entirely opposed to freedom as we understand it. Freedom is a rapidly dying ideal in the United States, but it is already dead everywhere else.

I am reminded of George Carlin's bit that goes something along these lines: "Picture how stupid the average person is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that!"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    That is a wonderfully romanticized representation of the people that come here. You can drop the freedom part altogether, but the prosperity part is true insofar as what they can accomplish both by themselves and with government benefits.

The vast majority of immigrants are culturally unfamiliar with and entirely opposed to freedom as we understand it. Freedom is a rapidly dying ideal in the United States, but it is already dead everywhere else.

I am reminded of George Carlin's bit that goes something along these lines: "Picture how stupid the average person is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that!"
    You haven't interacted with many immigrants, I take it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have yet to meet anyone on the left that understands the Paris Climate Agreement.

Each country makes their own goals (which they set lower than how they're trending, anyway) and then they report on their progress towards their self-chosen goals. And there is zero enforcement for meeting those goals. Zero.

Imagine everyone on RPF agreeing to state their weight loss goals. I say I plan on gaining no more than 10 pounds per month. Then, I let you know how I'm doing. If I gain 11, no big whoop. Oh, and we put a bunch of money into the pot to help people with their goals.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

You haven't interacted with many immigrants, I take it.
    I love when people pull this card when the truth is they do not know what the hell they are talking about. There is a reason I called your take on immigrants a romanticized one.

My best friend/next door neighbor was an illegal when we became friends and currently has legality under DACA. Same with his brother and sister. His parents are still illegal and have been here since the late '80s - I regularly run his errands for his parents because I like them and they are getting up there in age. The neighborhood I live in primarily has illegal parents with both citizen and noncitizen children. I am the minority in my life. In fact, because I am active in my community, I can tell you that within the .5 square mile that I live in, I am the only white person. Welcome to modern rural Arizona.

Also, I work construction in Arizona, and the vast majority of my coworkers are illegals. In fact, my employer was surprised when they hired a citizen, and this explains why they lost most of their work force after a request for I-9s from employees. They would go on to erect a shell company that would rehire those they lost while the few citizens remained as part of the main company.

You can try to pull that lame ass card, but I can guarantee you I interact with more illegals in an average day than you on your best day of the year. I also talk to them on a regular basis and have a working understanding of their culture, political sympathies, and behaviors. Yeah, there are plenty that came here to work hard and make better money. However, there are a hell of a lot more that want citizenship for government benefits, and even more still that have no use at all for free speech and gun ownership.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 01-21-2021 at 03:11 PM.

I love when people pull this card when the truth is they do not know what the hell they are talking about. There is a reason I called your take on immigrants a romanticized one.

My best friend/next door neighbor was an illegal when we became friends and currently has legality under DACA. Same with his brother and sister. His parents are still illegal and have been here since the late '80s - I regularly run his errands for his parents because I like them and they are getting up there in age. The neighborhood I live in primarily has illegal parents with both citizen and noncitizen children. I am the minority in my life. In fact, because I am active in my community, I can tell you that within the .5 square mile that I live in, I am the only white person. Welcome to modern rural Arizona.

Also, I work construction in Arizona, and the vast majority of my coworkers are illegals. In fact, my employer was surprised when they hired a citizen, and this explains why they lost most of their work force after a request for I-9s from employees. They would go on to erect a shell company that would rehire those they lost while the few citizens remained as part of the main company.

You can try to pull that lame ass card, but I can guarantee you I interact with more illegals in an average day than you on your best day of the year. I also talk to them on a regular basis and have a working understanding of their culture, political sympathies, and behaviors. Yeah, there are plenty that came here to work hard and make better money. However, there are a hell of a lot more that want citizenship for government benefits, and even more still that have no use at all for free speech and gun ownership.
    What you describe is long-time immigrants who have become 'Americanized' in their entitlement (not to mention those "outreach organizations" I mentioned have done a number on them) over the course of many years, if not became US Citizens. My comments were about new immigrants. Comparing DACAs and immigrants who have been here since the 80's to the newly-arrived immigrants that I specifically wrote about is apples and oranges. As always, pay attention to what I wrote not what you think you read.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

What you describe is long-time immigrants who have become 'Americanized' in their entitlement (not to mention those "outreach organizations" I mentioned have done a number on them) over the course of many years, if not became US Citizens. My comments were about new immigrants. Comparing DACAs and immigrants who have been here since the 80's to the newly-arrived immigrants that I specifically wrote about is apples and oranges. As always, pay attention to what I wrote not what you think you read.
    It is not just long-term immigrants. My community gets a fresh influx around melon season multiple times each year, and it is not just the same migrant workers each year (there is always fresh blood). Everything I said equally applies to the new ones as the old ones.

Again, I deal with more illegals in an average day than you do on your best day. I spend time with them, talk with them, and get to know them. New faces, old faces, it does not matter.

There are times when a simple, "My bad, I did not know what I was talking about" would suffice. Now, will your pride let you do that? Probably not.

A census under the 1789 Constitution should include "illegals". A census under the 1871 Constitution should not. An "illegal" only means a human being who has not agreed to be legally bound as an employee of the federal corporation (by accepting SS# and 14th Amendment US Citizen status) and is still protected by the 1789 Constitution, the original law of the land which delineates natural rights. "Illegals" are the freest people on this landmass but Americans have been brainwashed to believe that being "illegal"=bad, while being "legal"=good, never mind that being "legal" means giving 3/4 of the fruits of your labor to the same corporate governments who oppress you. The mind control is strong.
    The problem is that the illegals take entitlements without paying taxes. They are stealing from us.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The problem is that the illegals take entitlements without paying taxes. They are stealing from us.
    Illegals only take things once they "sign up". Try walking into a government building and asking for anything without ID, the old lady behind the counter will say "sorry, you don't have ID, step aside please, you are holding up the line".

Taxation is theft. Are you implying that taxation is ok, if everybody pays their "fair share"?

You are upset at the wrong group of people, and people like me end up paying for it all.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

It is not just long-term immigrants. My community gets a fresh influx around melon season multiple times each year, and it is not just the same migrant workers each year (there is always fresh blood). Everything I said equally applies to the new ones as the old ones.

Again, I deal with more illegals in an average day than you do on your best day. I spend time with them, talk with them, and get to know them. New faces, old faces, it does not matter.

There are times when a simple, "My bad, I did not know what I was talking about" would suffice. Now, will your pride let you do that? Probably not.
    What you're trying to convince me of is that immigrants risk life, limb and substantial savings to escape corrupt banana republics with oppressive regimes and little opportunity, in order to expressly come here to turn America into a corrupt banana republic with an oppressive regime and maybe greater opportunity to get on welfare. As if immigrants are just MoveOn political operatives moving from state to state to institute Democrat goals, instead of coming here to escape corrupt oppressive regimes (whether government or cartels or both), trying to find freedom and the opportunity that comes with freedom. I also have experience with immigrants and none of them came here to become Democrats and welfare recipients.

Like I said, what you detailed in your previous post are 'Americanized' immigrants who have been subjected to Democrat outreach operations and propaganda operations (usually the same) directed at immigrants. With each reply, you add in more qualifying comments that you never detailed in previous posts, as if your previous posts were decisively unconvincing and require ever more words to try to make your point.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Illegals only take things once they "sign up". Try walking into a government building and asking for anything without ID, the old lady behind the counter will say "sorry, you don't have ID, step aside please, you are holding up the line".

Taxation is theft. Are you implying that taxation is ok, if everybody pays their "fair share"?

You are upset at the wrong group of people, and people like me end up paying for it all.
    I know right? It's like we're debating with Swordy yet again but with a different handle.

To the extent that there's any truth to that, it has nothing to do with their immigration status. It's an entirely separate issue. Natural born American citizens take entitlements without paying taxes all the time. And illegal immigrants often do the opposite--pay taxes by working under a Social Security Number that isn't really theirs, while not being able to get entitlements since only citizens are eligible for them.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What you're trying to convince me of is that immigrants risk life, limb and substantial savings to escape corrupt banana republics with oppressive regimes and little opportunity, in order to expressly come here to turn America into a corrupt banana republic with an oppressive regime and maybe greater opportunity to get on welfare.
    You can concoct all the strawman fallacies you like to escape responsibility for getting called out on your infantile and romanticized perception of immigrants, but it impresses not at all. They are motivated by their perceived self-interest just the same as any given individual is. The functional outcome of that is they come here for personal benefit, including both working and receiving free benefits, and have extraordinarily limited familiarity with traditional American values like free speech and gun ownership. Take some time to actually talk to a lot of them regarding their position on freedom, and you will discover they are not nearly as fond of it as you think they are.

As if immigrants are just MoveOn political operatives moving from state to state to institute Democrat goals, instead of coming here to escape corrupt oppressive regimes (whether government or cartels or both), trying to find freedom and the opportunity that comes with freedom. I also have experience with immigrants and none of them came here to become Democrats and welfare recipients.
    Immigrants have friends and family back in their home countries and they talk to each other. They do not require propaganda campaigns, because they are intelligent humans capable of communicating. That is why the new immigrants have little functional difference from the old ones, but you would not know this because your familiarity with them is extremely superficial.

Congratulations on only dealing with the 40% that are not Democrats or using public benefits. Do you know how I know that your experience with immigrants is paltry and insignificant? Because you have somehow managed to never get to know a woman that has come here just to have her child and get on public benefits. You are an inexperienced idealist that has not meaningfully been around the people he champions, and to that end you are little different from the leftists with a white savior complex.

Like I said, what you detailed in your previous post are 'Americanized' immigrants who have been subjected to Democrat outreach operations and propaganda operations (usually the same) directed at immigrants. With each reply, you add in more qualifying comments that you never detailed in previous posts, as if your previous posts were decisively unconvincing and require ever more words to try to make your point.
    Your Americanization distinction is arbitrary nonsense you have concocted to absolve immigrants of any responsibility for their beliefs. If you think their beliefs have more to do with Democrat propaganda and less to do with talking to their friends and family back home, then you do not have a single clue of what you are talking about.

Congratulations on only dealing with the 40% that are not Democrats or using public benefits.
    My experiences with immigrants are also shared by others on this forum, so ymmv. It's a big country and immigrants come from all over so perhaps you have interacted with a different cultural group than I have? It's surprising you would choose to live alone in the middle of a lot people you quite obviously do not like very much though.

My experiences with immigrants are also shared by others on this forum, so ymmv. It's a big country and immigrants come from all over so perhaps you have interacted with a different cultural group than I have? It's surprising you would choose to live alone in the middle of a lot people you quite obviously do not like very much though.
    I have dealt primarily with Mexican, Guatemalan, Honduran, and El Salvadoran immigrants (they should not be simply referred to as Hispanic given they are quite distinct and often do not get along for collectivist reasons) of both the illegal and legal variety (mostly illegals). I choose to live among them because they are decent enough in their day-to-day affairs as rural folk tend to be, and there are quite a few that I am very fond of for one reason or another. I take each individual for who they are, and deal with them on a case-by-case basis. Yes, many are here for a better life and will work hard for it, but that is not the only facet of who they are as humans. Unfortunately, in general, there is a strong preference for government benefits if they can be obtained, a desire for increasing amounts rather than elimination of it, and little care for political issues pertaining to freedom. For example, while my own efforts have gotten a few turned over to the importance of gun rights in having a free and prosperous country, cultural unfamiliarity with something perceived as dangerous is a serious problem. Educational efforts do not necessarily overcome cultural differences.

What you're trying to convince me of is that immigrants risk life, limb and substantial savings to escape corrupt banana republics with oppressive regimes and little opportunity, in order to expressly come here to turn America into a corrupt banana republic with an oppressive regime and maybe greater opportunity to get on welfare. As if immigrants are just MoveOn political operatives moving from state to state to institute Democrat goals, instead of coming here to escape corrupt oppressive regimes (whether government or cartels or both), trying to find freedom and the opportunity that comes with freedom. I also have experience with immigrants and none of them came here to become Democrats and welfare recipients.
    That is precisely what I am saying, and like BSW I have had my fair share of dealings with migrants from everywhere form Vietnam to Ghana to Guatemala.

And I almost never heard anything about how "I risked life and limb to come to America to breath the sweet air of freedom" or some such.

The huge, vast majority of first gen immigrants are squishy left..."give me stuff", and are here for one reason and one reason only, to make a fast buck.

They could not possibly care less about esoteric debates about Locke and Smith and Mises and limited government and all the rest of the nonsense we navel gaze about for hours on end.

The ONLY ones that I have met where that mindset was at the forefront were the Cubans I lived with in Miami or the occasional Cambodian who was lucky enough to escape Pol-Pot and the Khmer Rouge.

As if immigrants are just MoveOn political operatives moving from state to state to institute Democrat goals, instead of coming here to escape corrupt oppressive regimes (whether government or cartels or both), trying to find freedom and the opportunity that comes with freedom.
    Why is this so hard to believe?

You are watching it play out across America right in front of our eyes as Texas gets Californicated, as North Carolina gets swamped with Half Backs, as New Hampshire gets flooded with Massholes, and Georgia elects Marxists for Senators.

That's human nature...vote for or endorse a system because it promises much gibs...when it turns rotten, flee.

Repeat at new location.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-22-2021 at 03:25 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Why is this even being argued?

Devil21, Erowe...the rest of the anti borders folks...you won this issue.

From what I can see so far, the new regime is committed to tearing down any restrictions for inbound migration and clemency for the illegals already here.

Roughly 20 million illegals already here are now on the fast track to citizenship.

Millions more are lining up and being told they now "help is on the way".

Catholic Charities Inc is gearing up to import record numbers of refugees from all over the globe and salt them into small towns and communities all across the country.

(T)Reason mag asserts that I am the threat to "liberal democracy".

So why even argue the point anymore, you "no borders, no walls, no USA at all!" people have won the field.

Your ideas on immigration now are in control at every level of the fedgov, you have the media organs fully compliant and in full cry behind you and a sympathetic justice system and military leadership backing that up.

I reckon, in a four year term, you should realistically be able to import 100 million third world migrants into the country.

My god, the blazing sunrise of freedom that occurs then will be...oh...glorious.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

...or maybe it's all bull$#@!, like that turd Bill Clinton's similar proclamations in the 1992 election cycle, and Biden will do nothing.

Trouble was, with Clinton, Haitians took him at his word, "The door was open" and piled into ramshackle vessels of all sorts to try and sail to Florida, to be turned back or away, and then to die, by the thousands of heat and dehydration and drowning and sinking.

I know, because I picked a lot of their bodies out of the waters around Florida and the Bahamas in 1993, 1994 and 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So why even argue the point anymore, you "no borders, no walls, no USA at all!" people have won the field.
    You are correct. The people, like myself, that thought controlling the borders was a good idea have already been completely defeated. Attempts to enlighten the open borders advocates are a futile waste of time given the proverbial barbarians are already inside the gates.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 01-21-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    By executive fiat alone, a single man can render billions of dollars of investment dollars worthless?
    Didn't bother you when it was tariffs..
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Didn't bother you when it was tariffs..
    Point out a tariff that made a person's property worthless.

ETA - You're another one.

Other than the fun at taking a shot at me personally, (Oooo, look, I caught AF in a hypocritical statement) your side has won the day.

Trade policy based on an "America First" premise is now as dead as Julius Caesar.

You ideas won: cheap labor, cheap goods and unlimited consumer debt have won the day, and across all branches of government there is now nobody in place to stop policies that follow that premise from being enacted.

Take a bow, and I'm sure in few years we'll be able to re-visit this thread and prove you right again, as prosperity blossoms across the land.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-22-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I have yet to meet anyone on the left that understands the Paris Climate Agreement.

Each country makes their own goals (which they set lower than how they're trending, anyway) and then they report on their progress towards their self-chosen goals. And there is zero enforcement for meeting those goals. Zero.

Imagine everyone on RPF agreeing to state their weight loss goals. I say I plan on gaining no more than 10 pounds per month. Then, I let you know how I'm doing. If I gain 11, no big whoop. Oh, and we put a bunch of money into the pot to help people with their goals.
    I'll hold the money

More nothingburgers to come .

Technically we never left the Paris Climate Accord. We were supposed to on Jan 20th of this year, but that all changed with Biden.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Michels Corp. owner urges Biden to restore Keystone XL pipeline project

https://biztimes.com/michels-corp-ow...eline-project/

Michels Corp. co-owner and vice president Tim Michels says President Joe Biden’s decision to halt construction on the Keystone XL pipeline will cost Wisconsin thousands of jobs and up to $3 billion in revenue.

Brownsville-based Michels Corp., along with Eau-Claire-based Precision Pipeline, were among companies awarded contracts to build the pipeline.

“I urge President Biden to put American jobs and American Energy independence first and reinstate the Keystone XL pipeline permit,” Michels said at a news conference Friday. “Thousands of Wisconsin workers are impacted by this action and all Wisconsinites will be affected at the gas pump.”

Biden, on his first day in office, revoked the permit for the pipeline’s construction. The Obama-era State department denied TC Energy’s request for the permit in 2015 – but the company’s hope for the project was later restored with an executive order from then President Donald Trump.

Calgary-based TC Energy Corp. contracted Michels Corp. to build eight pump stations for the pipeline in Montana, South Dakota, Oklahoma and Texas, according to Michels Corp.’s website. Michels says Precision Pipeline had a similar contract, adding that up to 1,000 workers at each company would be impacted.

“It’s more than just those 2,000 jobs,” Michels said. “It’s all the Wisconsin firms that help Michels operate, maintain our equipment and sell us everything from fuel, parts and materials. The ripple effect here for the Wisconsin economy is many billions of dollars. If I had to put a number on it, I would say its $2.5 billion to $3 billion of revenue for the state of Wisconsin.”

Precision Pipeline did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Construction on pump stations that TC Energy Corp. contracted Michels to build began in late June and were on track to be completed in the first quarter of 2021. Michels Corp. expected to employ more than 350 people for the project during peak construction, according to the company’s website.

The 1,700-mile (2,735-kilometer) pipeline was planned to carry roughly 800,000 barrels of oil a day from Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast, passing through Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma, according an Associated Press report.

Madison-based Construction Business Group chairman Terrance McGowan said “well over 1,000 Wisconsin operators, welders, laborers and teamsters” had already been contracted for the Keystone XL pipeline project, adding that as many as 2,000 employees planned to work on the project over the summer.

“We had a project labor agreement signed last year and this project guaranteed good-paying, family-supporting jobs along with benefits,” McGowan said. “People don’t realize that two of the largest pipeline companies in North America come from Wisconsin. They employ a great deal of Wisconsin workers, so this has a great impact.”

The Wisconsin Republican congressional delegation, including Reps. Bryan Steil, Glenn Grothman, Mike Gallagher and Scott Fitzgerald also called on Biden to reinstate TC Energy Corporation’s permit at press conference today in Franksville.

“With the stroke of a pen, President Biden killed good-paying jobs. In the early days of this new administration, East Coast and California liberals are enacting policies that are bad for Wisconsinites,” Steil said in a statement. “Maybe to Joe Biden, Wisconsin construction jobs are easy to brush aside, but to the workers I spoke to today, these jobs are their livelihoods. Wisconsin workers are bearing the brunt of this disastrous decision. I will continue fighting for our workers and their families, and oppose Biden’s job killing policy.”

Even worse Biden signed an EO that will count illegals in the census. This will gerrymander so much that the democrats will run congress.
    How many electoral votes are mexico and the dominican?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    How many electoral votes are mexico and the dominican?
    How many is Arizona ?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Well at least the pipefitters union gets what they deserve . I deserve better but thanks to retards it is not going to happen .

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12