Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positives

Positives

Can anybody think of a positive that Biden/Harris admin will have over Trump/Pence?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Can anybody think of a positive that Biden/Harris admin will have over Trump/Pence?
    Absolutely!

Universal condemnation of bad policies on RPF. Something that's been missing for 4 years.

I also expect some sort of Tea Party revival movement. Not sure what form it will take, yet. I suppose we'll see. But there will be a backlash against an illegitimate government making all sorts of new laws to steal wealth and liberties.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

We'll have to wait and see. But there's at least a decent chance that he will lower some tariffs and tone down the trade wars Trump got us into. I doubt that he will push the border wall debacle as hard. Biden may bring back the limits on asset forfeiture that Trump lifted. It seems like Biden will be better than Trump when it comes to deregulating exclusionary zoning laws. I also think that Trump's constant caustic and pompous self-serving rhetoric was not the benign side-issue that many of his supporters kept insisting it was, and it will be nice to get a break from a president who talks like he did.

Will Biden be overall better or worse? Most likely worse, which is saying a lot, since Trump was easily worse than average, as presidents go, which is also saying a lot, since better than average presidents are worse than average as human beings go. But it hopefully won't be all bad.

And then there are the unpredictable factors of unintended consequences. Like how Obama being president brought about a massive surge in gun ownership, or how both the Obama and Clinton presidencies instigated notable reactions that drove Congress to the right 2 years after they got elected, which resulted in gridlock that ended up being better than what would have happened with a Republican in the WH (or what did happen during Trump's tenure).

Here's a decent and overall fair write-up from a libertarian point of view from back in October that I think hit most of the right notes.
    https://reason.com/volokh/2020/10/30...il-than-trump/

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Absolutely!

Universal condemnation of bad policies on RPF. Something that's been missing for 4 years.

I also expect some sort of Tea Party revival movement. Not sure what form it will take, yet. I suppose we'll see. But there will be a backlash against an illegitimate government making all sorts of new laws to steal wealth and liberties.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again."

That will be a happy change.

Uh , let me think . No .

The negatives begin day one and will leave a bad taste in your mouth . There is no stopping them now . It will be a free for all of tax increases , tax increases for hoax global warming , gun and ammo restrictions , stimuli , printing , debt , minimum wage increases thus eliminating jobs for youth in a time of no new job creation , higher oil and gas prices , limited growth and investment etc. After watching the GOP $#@! around moving like pondwater for 12 years you will be amazed by the speed the communist dems start throwing out the death spiral agenda.
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-20-2021 at 08:10 AM.

One big plus of a Biden / Harris admin, is that they didn't win the election so any fake laws they pass will be entirely illegitimate
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

So called "Republicans" will pretend to care about spending* once again for a few years?

(*Spending on the Citizens, not the billions pissed away on the Military Industrial Congressional Complex)

Just what, after Game Show Host/WWE Hall of Famer Trump, IS a "Republican" ?

Maybe the future of Republicans is Mike Pompeo, self admitted Liar, Cheat and Thief.

Mikey Pompeo - Proud Republican. Future candidate for President of the United States of Liars, Cheats and Thieves.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Uh , let me think . No .
    Well, when Trump's tax breaks expire, I'll have a lot less money for hookers and booze.
    Clean livin' is a positive.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I dont see that as positive . Hookers and distillers gotta work too man .

Agree that talk of fiscal responsibility will re- emerge from R party

We’ll get a lot less salesmanship from POTUS as Biden doesn’t have energy to over promote

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    We'll have to wait and see. But there's at least a decent chance that he will lower some tariffs and tone down the trade wars Trump got us into.
    Oh, I doubt that! Lol.

That was a Democratic platform forever before Trump co-opted it. And "Blue-Collar Biden"???? That guy has supported protectionist policies for half a decade!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Oh, I doubt that! Lol.

That was a Democratic platform forever before Trump co-opted it. And "Blue-Collar Biden"???? That guy has supported protectionist policies for half a decade!
    Very good point.

There could be a silver lining if that happens too, since it could result in getting the GOP to commit more seriously to free trade in order to go on the offensive against the protectionist Dems.

We'll have to wait and see. But there's at least a decent chance that he will lower some tariffs and tone down the trade wars Trump got us into. I doubt that he will push the border wall debacle as hard. Biden may bring back the limits on asset forfeiture that Trump lifted. It seems like Biden will be better than Trump when it comes to deregulating exclusionary zoning laws. I also think that Trump's constant caustic and pompous self-serving rhetoric was not the benign side-issue that many of his supporters kept insisting it was, and it will be nice to get a break from a president who talks like he did.

Will Biden be overall better or worse? Most likely worse, which is saying a lot, since Trump was easily worse than average, as presidents go, which is also saying a lot, since better than average presidents are worse than average as human beings go. But it hopefully won't be all bad.

And then there are the unpredictable factors of unintended consequences. Like how Obama being president brought about a massive surge in gun ownership, or how both the Obama and Clinton presidencies instigated notable reactions that drove Congress to the right 2 years after they got elected, which resulted in gridlock that ended up being better than what would have happened with a Republican in the WH (or what did happen during Trump's tenure).

Here's a decent and overall fair write-up from a libertarian point of view from back in October that I think hit most of the right notes.
    https://reason.com/volokh/2020/10/30...il-than-trump/
    Was W better than Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Was W better than Trump?
    No he wasn't, for one reason, which is the Iraq War. I agree with Trump that there have been very few things any president has done in recent history that rival that war in how terrible they were. Nothing Trump did was as bad as that. However, nothing most other presidents did was as bad as that either.

Trump's single worst policy was the lockdowns that he put the whole country in over this past year. Those weren't as bad as the Iraq War. But they were still worse than anything most other presidents have done. We still haven't seen the full cost of how devastating that mistake was. And no amount of excuse making about how he wavered over it and didn't really want to do it, or was helplessly misled by the bad people he surrounded himself with, or how it was really state governors who imposed the lockdowns at the state level and not an edict of the president, will relieve him of the responsibility that any honest appraisal of what happened will put on the shoulders of his administration acting under his leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    One big plus of a Biden / Harris admin, is that they didn't win the election so any fake laws they pass will be entirely illegitimate
    What happened to the sanctity of THE LAW, Texican?

Any and all laws.

Remember Romans 13.

God gave you Harris/Biden, so you should embrace their commandments.

Are you feeling OK, Texican?

Perhaps you should go on down to the Alamo and pray about it.

Or maybe to AT&T Stadium.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Perhaps, but that's still not going to stop them from taking any effect.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

No he wasn't, for one reason, which is the Iraq War. I agree with Trump that there have been very few things any president has done in recent history that rival that war in how terrible they were. Nothing Trump did was as bad as that. However, nothing most other presidents did was as bad as that either.

Trump's single worst policy was the lockdowns that he put the whole country in over this past year. Those weren't as bad as the Iraq War. But they were still worse than anything most other presidents have done. We still haven't seen the full cost of how devastating that mistake was. And no amount of excuse making about how he wavered over it and didn't really want to do it, or was helplessly misled by the bad people he surrounded himself with, or how it was really state governors who imposed the lockdowns at the state level and not an edict of the president, will relieve him of the responsibility that any honest appraisal of what happened will put on the shoulders of his administration acting under his leadership.
    What about Obama's little conflicts?

Was W better than Trump?
    Yes.

What about Obama's little conflicts?
    None of them rose anywhere close to the level of Bush's.

But if you interpreted anything I said as support for Obama, you misread me.

I will grant that Trump was probably less bad than any other president in a long time when it comes to foreign military intervention. That's probably the only issue I would say that for him about. And that's not nothing. But his downsides aren't the minor issues that a lot of his supporters make them out to be either.

Absolutely!

A Tea Party revival movement isn't going to be successful. Once you cheat to win a general election, you're going to cheat in all future elections from here on now. I'm fully expecting Democrats to take more congressional and senate seats during the next mid term elections.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yes.
    No.

Trump was bad - very bad. But W got us even more entwined in the Middle East resulting in thousands of dead. For no good reason other than "protecting our interests", which didn't even do that since we're now a net exporter of oil, anyway. W also got us NCLB and Medicaid expansion. They both ran up the debt and violated liberties. At least on Trump's watch, we didn't get involved in additional wars and we reduced a ton of unnecessary regulations. Not enough, mind you, but still some.

I'm not even sure how someone could make the argument that W was better than Trump. That must be some warped measuring stick.

W also selected John Roberts

W also selected John Roberts
    Yes. And time will tell if Trump's appointments will end up any better than that.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No.

Trump was bad - very bad. But W got us even more entwined in the Middle East resulting in thousands of dead. For no good reason other than "protecting our interests", which didn't even do that since we're now a net exporter of oil, anyway. W also got us NCLB and Medicaid expansion. They both ran up the debt and violated liberties. At least on Trump's watch, we didn't get involved in additional wars and we reduced a ton of unnecessary regulations. Not enough, mind you, but still some.

I'm not even sure how someone could make the argument that W was better than Trump. That must be some warped measuring stick.
    The guy you quoted is thoroughly deranged when it comes to anything related to Trump. Any sense of reason or perspective has long abandoned him. If you want reasoned discourse, then you will have to look elsewhere.

Well , groceries are not just going up because of rising fuel costs due to the war on us for global weather but also because of the dem- biden plan to issue green cards to everybody and give them OT to pick those veggies .

But positives ? no , wont be any .

biden rolls out new stimuli plan Thurs . Yellen better get busy .

Nothing. Biden & Harris are going to turn america into south africa.

Back in '92, I remember Limp Windbag's show after Klinton won over Pappy Bush.

He had a list of winners and losers from Klinton's election.

Number one on the list of winners was himself, Rush Shatbag.

Boy howdy, was he right.

He made scores, if not hundreds, of millions of bucks convincing us rubes to support the R's and telling us how great and moral they were.

Gingrich, Hastert, W, Romney, you name it. If they were R's, God would bless you by supporting them.

Fox News will reemerge as the "conservative" voice along with the usual false prophets: Levin, Beck, Billoreally, Shammity, Shapiro, etc.

Too bad for Limpbag, his time is up.

Time to see who's been paying his way.

So much for being a winner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast