View Poll Results: Did Trump and his allies help incite Capitol riot?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 34.48%
  • No

18 62.07%
  • Not sure/other

1 3.45%

Thread: Did Trump and his allies help incite Capitol riot?

Did Trump and his allies help incite Capitol riot?

In your infomred view, did Trump and his allies help incite Capitol riot?

Trump provoked deadly Capitol riot, Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell says

Tue, Jan 19 2021 1:31 PM EST

• President Trump helped provoke the swarms of his supporters who stormed the U.S. Capitol, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on the Senate floor.
    • “The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people,” McConnell said.
    • McConnell’s remarks came as he and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer hash out details on Trump’s impending impeachment trial.

cnbc.com/2021/01/19/trump-provoked-capitol-riot-mitch-mcconnell-says.html

Context:

Prosecutors’ probe of Capitol violence could include statements by Trump and Giuliani
    During a rally shortly before the riots, the president called on his supporters to “fight like hell” before dispatching them to march to the houses of Congress.
    During a rally shortly before the violence at the Capitol, Trump called on his supporters to “fight like hell” before dispatching them to march to the houses of Congress as they were considering objections to the electoral votes that declared President-elect Joe Biden the winner of the Nov. 3 election. At the same rally, Giuliani urged “trial by combat” on Trump’s claims that he was the genuine winner.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/07/capitol-riots-probe-trump-giuliani-456272

Congressman Mo Brooks REFUSES to apologize for encouraging 'American patriots' to 'take down names and kick ass' in Trump's rally before MAGA mob stormed US Capitol and says he was talking about a DONKEY
    dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9130413/Mo-Brooks-REFUSES-apologize-urging-patriots-names-kick-ass-riot.html

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post7013856

Trump rally speech Jan 6, 2021:
    Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer, and we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you.
    You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.
    Pro-Trump Mob Chants "Hang Mike Pence" While Steps Away From Him In Capitol

Cowboys for Trump founder arrested after allegedly leading Capitol rioters in prayer

Ted Cruz ‘Would Want Us to Do This,’ Capitol Rioter Tells MAGA Mob Pals in Video From Senate Floor
    Sun, January 17, 2021, 2:40 PM

A man wearing a backpack and an olive-green military style helmet points to a section and tells the group he believes it shows proof that Republican Sen. Ted Cruz had been baldly lying to Trump supporters about his intentions.
    “Look—‘Objection to counting the electoral votes of the State of Arizona,’” the man says, adding, “He was gonna sell us out all along.”
    “Wait no, that’s a good thing! That’s a good thing!” a man in a MAGA hat assures the man in the helmet. “He’s with us, he’s with us.” (Cruz did, indeed, vote to object to the certification of Arizona’s electoral votes.)
    As the group moves on, two men hang back and continue searching the binder.
    “There’s gotta be something in here we can $#@!ing use against these scumbags,” one mutters to himself, ripping out a handful of loose papers and zeroing in on one. “This is a good one, him and Hawley or whatever. Hawley, Cruz.”

“Hawley, Cruz?” says the second man. “I think Cruz would want us to do this... So I think we’re good.”
    news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-want-us-capitol-194010243.html

<font size="2">
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbE8Wn8r5GU
    “I thought I was following my president. I thought I was following what we were called to do. He asked us to fly there. So I was doing was he asked us to do.” https://t.co/tzDhJdfWD5
    January 16, 2021

Thug Life Inspiration
    Words uttered:
    Trump speech before the DC riot Jan 6, 2021:
    Remember I used to say in the old days, “
    Don’t go into Iraq. But if you go in, keep the oil.” We didn’t keep the oil. So stupid. So stupid, these people. And Iraq has billions and billions of dollars now in the bank. And what did we do? We get nothing. We never get.

Words not uttered explicitly:
    "Don't go into Capitol building but if you go in, take the lectern"

Man accused of stealing Speaker's lectern charged

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump incited a riot, the same way that pointing at a 20 dollar bill on the ground, would lead someone to pick it up.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Freelance CNN Photographer & New Yorker Magazine journalist were inside the Capitol filming. Anderson Cooper interview freelancer & radical leftist about exploits inside Capitol, that night.

That’s fact , don’t know who else from they press was there.

Who really benefited from this charade?
    Last edited by vita3; 01-19-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

• President Trump helped provoke the swarms of his supporters who stormed the U.S. Capitol, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on the Senate floor.
    • “The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people,” McConnell said.
    • McConnell’s remarks came as he and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer hash out details on Trump’s impending impeachment trial.

Context:

Prosecutors’ probe of Capitol violence could include statements by Trump and Giuliani
    During a rally shortly before the riots, the president called on his supporters to “fight like hell” before dispatching them to march to the houses of Congress.
    During a rally shortly before the violence at the Capitol, Trump called on his supporters to “fight like hell” before dispatching them to march to the houses of Congress as they were considering objections to the electoral votes that declared President-elect Joe Biden the winner of the Nov. 3 election. At the same rally, Giuliani urged “trial by combat” on Trump’s claims that he was the genuine winner.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/07/capitol-riots-probe-trump-giuliani-456272

Congressman Mo Brooks REFUSES to apologize for encouraging 'American patriots' to 'take down names and kick ass' in Trump's rally before MAGA mob stormed US Capitol and says he was talking about a DONKEY
    dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9130413/Mo-Brooks-REFUSES-apologize-urging-patriots-names-kick-ass-riot.html

Cowboys for Trump founder arrested after allegedly leading Capitol rioters in prayer

Ted Cruz ‘Would Want Us to Do This,’ Capitol Rioter Tells MAGA Mob Pals in Video From Senate Floor

A man wearing a backpack and an olive-green military style helmet points to a section and tells the group he believes it shows proof that Republican Sen. Ted Cruz had been baldly lying to Trump supporters about his intentions.
    “Look—‘Objection to counting the electoral votes of the State of Arizona,’” the man says, adding, “He was gonna sell us out all along.”
    “Wait no, that’s a good thing! That’s a good thing!” a man in a MAGA hat assures the man in the helmet. “He’s with us, he’s with us.” (Cruz did, indeed, vote to object to the certification of Arizona’s electoral votes.)
    “There’s gotta be something in here we can $#@!ing use against these scumbags,” one mutters to himself, ripping out a handful of loose papers and zeroing in on one. “This is a good one, him and Hawley or whatever. Hawley, Cruz.”

“Hawley, Cruz?” says the second man. “I think Cruz would want us to do this... So I think we’re good.”

<font size="2">
    “I thought I was following my president. I thought I was following what we were called to do. He asked us to fly there. So I was doing was he asked us to do.” https://t.co/tzDhJdfWD5
    January 16, 2021

Thug Life Inspiration
    Words uttered:
    Don’t go into Iraq. But if you go in, keep the oil.” We didn’t keep the oil. So stupid. So stupid, these people. And Iraq has billions and billions of dollars now in the bank. And what did we do? We get nothing. We never get.

"THE US WAS BORNE OUT OF PROTEST
    AMERICANS HAVE A RIGHT TO TAKE TO THE STREETS AND FORCE THEIR GOVERNMENT TO ADDRESS WHAT IT DID WRONG THE UNFAIRNESS
    THE RIGHT TO FORCE THE GOVERNMENT TO BE TRUE TO THE IDEALS WE HOLD DEAR "

KAMA-LIE HARRIS
    VP (USURPED)
    SELECTED BY THE DEEP STATE

DOUBLE F U C K I N G STANDARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Context:

<font size="2">
    January 16, 2021

Thug Life Inspiration
    Words uttered:

"THE US WAS BORNE OUT OF PROTEST
    AMERICANS HAVE A RIGHT TO TAKE TO THE STREETS AND FORCE THEIR GOVERNMENT TO ADDRESS WHAT IT DID WRONG THE UNFAIRNESS
    THE RIGHT TO FORCE THE GOVERNMENT TO BE TRUE TO THE IDEALS WE HOLD DEAR "

KAMA-LIE HARRIS
    VP (USURPED)

DOUBLE F U C K I N G STANDARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

4 years of constant propaganda from an overwhelming army of leftist actors, comedians, media figures, tech moguls, musicians, antifa punks, politicians, etc. topped off with election fraud is what led to the "riot" at the capitol.

Like it or not, what we learned the last 4 years, is that if you're on the left and you act like this:

you get what you want.

And if you aren't a drooling marxist, you can act like that (or not even close), and you don't get anything.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-19-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Yes Trump caused it. I agree with McConnell 100%.

Sadly.......yes. The rioters took TRUMP literally. The core group of agitators may have walked
    up PENN AVE ahead of most of the groundlings at the rally, but they had assumed that POTUS
    was with them in spirit, and had their backs. I think any participation of Leftists/Antifa is very
    exaggerated. The mainly maskless rioters, most who had gone inside the building, are facing a
    stiff stint in prison if found guilty. Any pardons they can expect are contingent on a GOP POTUS
    being a Trumpster at heart & 100% willing to take the political heat on the issue down the road.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Trump incited a riot, the same way that pointing at a 20 dollar bill on the ground, would lead someone to pick it up.
    But if he then calls the cops sends National Guard and says this, he setup a trap for those gullible enough to pick up that 20 dollar bill?

U.S President Donald Trump on Jan. 7, a day after his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in Washington.
    I'd like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans, I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem.
    I immediately deployed the National Guard and the federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders. America is and must always be a nation of law and order.
    The demonstrators who infiltrated the capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country.
    And to those who broke the law, you will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Freelance CNN Photographer & New Yorker Magazine journalist were inside the Capitol filming. Anderson Cooper interview freelancer & radical leftist about exploits inside Capitol, that night.

That’s fact , don’t know who else from they press was there.

Who really benefited from this charade?
    Fence makers.. among others:

Dems Push Bill to Establish Permanent Fencing Outside Capitol
    Monday January 18, 2021

But this line of questioning is risky if people started asking who benefited from Trump's attacks on Georgia GOP leaders/governor before the GA Senate elections that handed Dems full control of big gummit.

If you tell somebody to jump off a bridge and they do that person is mentally unstable. If you tell a 100,000 people to jump off a bridge and they do, those people are unstable. If you Censure this comment for the good of the people, you must take responsibility for all the comments you did not censure.

"the election was stolen" <- incites violence

"go home" <- incites violence

"its a nice day today" <- incites violence
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Lin Wood and some other pro-Trump figures have also been accused of using inciteful language.

Trump nominates Anthony Tata for Under Secretary of Defense for Policy

On April 24, 2020, Trump announced his intent to nominate Tata to be the next Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, replacing John Rood, who resigned from the position in February 2020.On June 11, 2020, Trump formally nominated Tata for the position, which is the third-highest ranking position in the Defense Department.

In Twitter posts and radio-show appearances in 2017 and 2018, Tata repeatedly made the false claim that President Barack Obama was a "Muslim" and a "terrorist leader"; accused Obama of being "an anti-Semite" who wanted to "destroy Israel" and "did not want" to defeat ISIL; and claimed that the negotiation of the multilateral nuclear agreement with Iran was born by Obama's "Islamic roots." Tata accused then-President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama of being "borderline treasonous" during Trump's transition to the presidency.[4] In August 2018, he accused former CIA Director John O. Brennan, a critic of Trump, of being a "clear and present danger" to the U.S. and called Brennan a "communist" on Fox & Friends.[30] He repeatedly pushed the notion that a "deep state cabal" was working to undermine Trump;[8] pushed false conspiracy theories that Brennan ordered the assassination of Trump;[4] and, on another occasion, tweeted at Brennan, "Might be a good time to pick your poison: firing squad, public hanging, life sentence as prison b*tch, or just suck on your pistol."
    Tata also made various inflammatory Twitter posts attacking Democratic politicians Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters as "violent extremists" and using a racist hashtag to criticize CNN journalist Don Lemon.[28]

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post

KAMA-LIE HARRIS
    VP (USURPED)

DOUBLE F * ** I N G STANDARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Double standard is on both sides and Trump has also been accused of lying for political gains that may have led to the label "Sir flip-flops a lot"

Deep State claims, countr-claims situation is bit confusing right now, let's wait till investigations are completed and solid facts come out:

‘Are you QAnon?’: One Trump official’s brush with an internet cult gone horribly wrong

Some believed he was “Q,” the mythical figure behind an intricate and sprawling conspiracy theory. Here Ezra Cohen-Watnick, a senior Trump intelligence official, shares the story of his ordeal for the first time.
    01/19/2021

Just when you want media to stop talking about Trump, this news is leaked.

Caution, source is notorious fakenews outlet that used to be in bed with discredited Bush-Cheney conservatives before lies based 2003 Iraqi freedom invasion:

State Department aide appointed by Trump stormed the Capitol, beat police with a riot shield, FBI says

An image filed by the FBI allegedly shows Federico G. Klein physically engaging with police at the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. (FBI)

Katie Shepherd
    March 5, 2021

On Thursday, the FBI arrested a political appointee of former president Donald Trump on charges that he stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, according to a criminal complaint, marking the first member of the administration arrested in connection with the insurrection.

Federal agents arrested Federico G. Klein, 42, a former State Department aide, on multiple felony charges related to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, according to a criminal complaint published by the New York Times. (Politico first reported the arrest.) The State Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment early Friday.
    washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/05/trump-federico-klein-capitol-riot/

One of the fascinating stories of 2021 has been the stunning rebuke of Trump and his supporters by Trump appointed officials, casting former (I think) President Trump's past claims of surrounding himself with the best people in strange light.

Trump appointed FBI director says Capitol riot was ‘domestic terrorism’

FBI Director Christopher A. Wray called the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol an act of “domestic terrorism” and defended the bureau’s handling of intelligence in the days before a pro-Trump mob stormed past police and threatened the lives of lawmakers.
    “I was appalled that you, our country’s elected leaders, were victimized right here in these very halls,” he told senators Tuesday. “That attack, that siege, was criminal behavior. It is behavior that we, the FBI, view as domestic terrorism.”
    Wray faced questions from the Senate Judiciary Committee in a hearing that delved into the bureau’s handling of threats posed by domestic terrorists and right-wing extremists before the Capitol siege.
    latimes.com/politics/story/2021-03-02/fbi-wray-testify-congress-capitol-siege

Flashback:
    Trump appointed FBI Director Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    07/23/19
    Trump Deputy AG Rosenstein on recent mass shootings: “white terrorism” is more precise

In related news:

Capitol riot shaman's TV interview irks judge

Defense lawyer used attorney privileges to put client on streaming edition of "60 Minutes."
    Jacob Chansley screams "Freedom" inside the Senate chamber after the U.S. Capitol was breached by a mob. | Photo by Win McNamee/Getty
    03/05/2021 06:27 PM EST

The lawyer for the horned shaman who became one of the most iconic figures involved in the storming of the Capitol in January is in hot water with a federal judge after facilitating an interview that the judge said violated federal rules.
    At a hearing Friday on the case against QAnon follower Jacob Chansley, U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth dressed down Chansley’s attorney Al Watkins for using his privileges as a lawyer to arrange an interview with Chansley for CBS' “60 Minutes+.”

politico.com/news/2021/03/05/capitol-riot-shaman-tv-interview-473921

No I do not believe he incited a riot.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nope, he incited an awakening.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner