Thread: Firefox is Dead to Me

Firefox is Dead to Me

Firefox joins the SJW shenanigans.

Last edited by CCTelander; 01-19-2021 at 02:29 PM. Reason: fix typo
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm definitely not saying to support Mozilla, however the main points seem to be:
    The Mozilla-hosted extension repository screens out thing that they shouldn't
    Mozilla itself supports policing of information (although not exactly sure how other than based off some statement)

I don't see how either of these really impact the browser experience considering:
    You can still install Firefox extensions from anywhere
    Firefox remains open-source and if anything that policed your information got added into the main distribution, it would cause outrage and forks
    Downloading and using a free web browser isn't advancing the Mozilla agenda

It's a good warning about Mozilla though and a good suggestion to use Brave over Chrome which I am actually going to install now. Thanks for sharing.

Also I don't really think Firefox is technologically lagging much behind Chrome, if at all. They have worked a lot on improving the performance over the last few years and it shows.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 01-19-2021 at 03:39 AM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

I have been using brave. It is a fantastic browser. Really fast.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I use Opera- fast & safe.
    There is no spoon.

I hadn't heard about the Facemask extension and its banning by Mozilla. I knew about its banning of the Dissenter extension, which is presently unmaintained.

Mozilla gets funding from George Soros and the Jewish Anti-Defamation League (ADL) for information suppression projects, such as the 'P2P Hate Report' on how they can censor decentralized platforms.

In itself it is good if Parler quits -- it is only that they would be quitting for the wrong reason. Parler was technically the worst of all alternative platforms. It could only survive through real world relationships of people pulling strings -- cronyism. Jewish CEO John Matze would know.

In some ways, it would also be good if Gab bit the dust. It came to life as a bait-and switch semi-scam operation to create a captive user-base. If there is interest, i can elaborate more -- maybe on a new thread.

For microblogging, there are better nodes to use on the ActivityPub network (fediverse).

What other reliable and fast alternatives are there? I imagine the list is shrinking considerably by now. I see Brave and Opera mentioned. How are those? Any risks with those beyond the normal ones?
    Ever since Mozilla decided to take a political stance against Trump for whatever their silly reasons were, I've teetered on giving them up because I'm simply tired of him being their scapegoat for everything.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    What other reliable and fast alternatives are there? I imagine the list is shrinking considerably by now. I see Brave and Opera mentioned. How are those? Any risks with those beyond the normal ones?
    Ever since Mozilla decided to take a political stance against Trump for whatever their silly reasons were, I've teetered on giving them up because I'm simply tired of him being their scapegoat for everything.
    I second this... what are some good alternatives to Firefox?

- ML

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    I second this... what are some good alternatives to Firefox?

- ML
    https://brave.com/
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Brave for years now. Love it

I'm downloading Brave now.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I've been using Brave too - and Presearch as my default search engine - https://presearch.org/ - https://www.presearch.io/ - Founded and run by fellow libertarians!

And buying a privacy focused phone & laptop! From these guys - https://puri.sm/ or these guys - https://www.clear.co.com/clearcellular not sure which yet, but one of them!
    Last edited by ZakCarter; 03-26-2021 at 01:38 PM.
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

https://freeandequal.org/