Thread: L452R COVID Variant in California Linked to Several Outbreaks a 'Red Flag'

L452R COVID Variant in California Linked to Several Outbreaks a 'Red Flag'

L452R COVID Variant in California Linked to Several Outbreaks a 'Red Flag'

A variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19, has been linked to several large outbreaks in California's Bay Area and is being seen more frequently in the state, health officials have said.

The variant—known as L452R—was first detected in Denmark in March last year and has since appeared in a number of U.S. states, including California.

The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) said in a statement on Sunday that the variant has been identified more frequently since November.

Dr. Charles Chiu, a virologist from the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), said in a press conference that the variant now accounts for around a quarter of all cases that he and his colleagues in the state were sequencing, despite representing less than five percent of cases only two months ago.
    "This virus continues to mutate and adapt, and we cannot let down our guard. This news underscores the need for everyone to follow all prevention measures and get vaccinated as soon as they are offered the vaccine."
    The L452R variant, which is different from the highly transmissible B.1.1.7 first detected in the U.K. that is now spreading in the United States, has also been detected in other locations around California, including Humboldt, Lake, Los Angeles, Mono, Monterey, Orange, Riverside, San Francisco, San Bernardino, San Diego and San Luis Obispo counties, according to the CDPH.
    "It is common to identify variants of viruses like SARS-CoV-2, and we are working with our federal, local and university partners to better understand this variant and how it might impact Californians," Erica Pan, State Epidemiologist for CDPH, said in a statement.

"It's too soon to know if this variant will spread more rapidly than others, but it certainly reinforces the need for all Californians to wear masks and reduce mixing with people outside their immediate households to help slow the spread of the virus. We also urge anyone who has been exposed to the virus to isolate from others to protect themselves and their loved ones."
    More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ag/ar-BB1cRmw6
    California media is also saying that they don't know if the current vaccines will be effective against this variant.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.times-standard.com/2021/...mboldt-county/

Chiu, who was citing data collected from across the state — although not from Humboldt County — also noted that the variant might affect the efficacy of vaccines, although he said more research needs to be done to look at that.

“The data so far is very preliminary, but it basically does raise the concern that there may be some impact on the vaccine and I think that’s the most uncomfortable thing,” Chiu said. “Certainly, much more work needs to be done in the laboratory to fully characterize this variant and really determine whether it affects transmissibility, and whether or not there’s any impact on vaccine efficacy.”
    If this variant has the same spike protein that was targeted by the vaccines, then the effectiveness of the vaccine will remain the same. It seems like they are being extra alarmist on this.

On the other hand, if this variant is different enough, then people who had the first variant of COVID19 may not have full natural protection against the new variant. We may be on the verge of COVID19 becoming a chronic annual cold.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"we cannot let down our guard"

Of course.

Masks forever.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

ANOTHER Mutant Strain of COVID Detected In Los Angeles Is Likely “Vaccine Resistant”

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...cine-resistant

Another mutant strain of the COVID-19 virus has been detected in Los Angeles. Known as L452R, the newly announced mutation is likely vaccine-resistant.

But is this really a big deal considering the vaccine isn’t protecting people from COVID-19, the non-mutant strain? This new strain was first identified in Denmark in March.

According to a report by Deadline, two days after the Los Angeles Public Health Department announced that the much-talked-about United Kingdom variant of COVID-19, known as B.1.1.7, had been identified in the region, the California Department of Public Health revealed that another lesser-known strain had been circulating in the county as well.

“This variant carries three mutations, including L452R, in the spike protein, which the virus uses to attach to and enter cells, and is the target of the two vaccines that are currently available in the United States,” said Dr. Charles Chiu. A spike protein mutation could, then, interfere with the vaccine’s efficacy.

As a virologist and professor of laboratory medicine at UCSF, Dr. Chiu in concert with state authorities has been genetically sequencing test samples to identify new variants said early indications are the L452R might be less susceptible to the currently approved vaccines.

“This variant was identified in several large outbreaks in our county,” said Santa Clara County Health Officer Dr. Sara Cody. She called that correlation “a red flag and must be investigated further.”

None of the mutations of this coronavirus (that has been used as an excuse to exact tyranny upon the public) appear to be more deadly, in fact, quite the opposite. The rulers are having trouble with their propaganda right now as they attempt to persuade people to take a vaccine that has already proven to be far more severe in side effects than contracting the virus itself.

The most concerning issue is what the ruling class could do in order to convince the public this vaccine is necessary. Stay alert. There are several things going on all over the country right now that could really impact the masses in a disturbing way. Stay prepared, and keep your eyes and ears open, but use discernment.

Full article at link.

---

So make sure you take all your OBSOLETE vaccines FIRST, then take the next one that also wont work!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Yeah like many of us weren't warning about something like happening. Taking this vaccine, you are nothing more than a guinea pig. So many people will have so many different reactions.

But just remember--Covid-19 cured the flu, not the flu vaccine!
    Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving (1783-1859)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    https://www.times-standard.com/2021/...mboldt-county/

If this variant has the same spike protein that was targeted by the vaccines, then the effectiveness of the vaccine will remain the same. It seems like they are being extra alarmist on this.

On the other hand, if this variant is different enough, then people who had the first variant of COVID19 may not have full natural protection against the new variant. We may be on the verge of COVID19 becoming a chronic annual cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...cine-resistant

“This variant carries three mutations, including L452R, in the spike protein, which the virus uses to attach to and enter cells, and is the target of the two vaccines that are currently available in the United States,” said Dr. Charles Chiu. A spike protein mutation could, then, interfere with the vaccine’s efficacy.
    Full article at link.

---

So make sure you take all your OBSOLETE vaccines FIRST, then take the next one that also wont work!
    "This variant carries three mutations, including L452R, in the spike protein"

Not good news. Vaccines and natural immunity are compromised.

Anecdotally, I suspected this already. Someone I know who had COVID almost exactly a year ago came down with something this week that resembles COVID again.

It is probably going to be like an annual cold/flu.