Thread: Biden Pissed He Cant Take Trump's Twitter Followers On His Twitter Acct

Biden Pissed He Cant Take Trump's Twitter Followers On His Twitter Acct

Official Story Title:

US President-Elect Biden Starts New Twitter Account, Criticizes Policy on POTUS Account
    https://news.slashdot.org/story/21/0...-potus-account

"This will be the account for my official duties as President," tweeted U.S. president-elect Joe Biden on Thursday but from a new account at @PresElectBiden (which will transition to @POTUS after Wednesday's inauguration).

But Bloomberg reports Biden is still "clashing with the social media company over its decision to deny the incoming administration millions of existing White House followers."

Biden's transition opened @PresElectBiden in order to start building a following for one of the official accounts the new president will inherit at noon on Jan. 20: @POTUS. In a change in practice from 2017, when President Donald Trump entered office, Twitter Inc. plans to reset both the @POTUS and @WhiteHouse official accounts to zero followers for Biden. The two accounts currently have a massive audience nearly 60 million followers combined, though there is overlap.

Trump got a head start in 2017 when he inherited about 12 million followers of @POTUS from President Barack Obama's tenure, plus millions of followers from other official accounts. Though Trump used his personal account, @realDonaldTrump, as his primary social media mouthpiece throughout his presidency, Biden's aides think it's unfair Twitter isn't handing over followers along with the official accounts...

Twitter said it is too technically difficult to copy or roll over the millions of followers from the Trump White House accounts to Biden's official accounts. But two transition officials privately expressed skepticism, pointing to other social media platforms' handling of the change in administration. Both Facebook Inc. and its subsidiary Instagram will duplicate the millions of followers currently following the Trump White House accounts to follow new Biden White House accounts. "They are advantaging President Trump's first days of the administration over ours," Rob Flaherty, the transition's digital director who will be director of digital strategy in the Biden White House, said of Twitter. "If we don't end the day with the 12 million followers that Donald Trump inherited from Barack Obama, then they have given us less than they gave Donald Trump, and that is a failure."
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He honestly expect for Trump's Twitter Followers to be supporting him though?
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 01-17-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    He honestly expect for Trump's Twitter Followers to be supporting him?
    No, he just wants the numbers since it will look odd that he doesn't have as many followers as Trump after a historic victory.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Biden is too dumb to manage his Twitter account. He obviously has someone else running it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Biden is too dumb to manage his Twitter account. He obviously has someone else running it.
    Even if he's going to be too busy, if whoever is running it WANTs the Joe Biden fanboys & fangirls to leap in,
    they may realize the number of flamewars would be legendary. You'd have an influx of partisan BIDEN people
    leaping into the comfort zone of the Trumpster "true believers" who tend to go along for the ride. Talking about
    fireworks!!! If someone wants back in, then its up to admin. Anyone triggering a flamewar is swiftly dealt with.

This, like everything about this election is laughable. Biden couldn't get a hundred people to follow him anywhere.
    Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving (1783-1859)