Thread: Where are gold/silver going?

Where are gold/silver going?

Opinions?

I'm a mite late to the punch, been very busy with other and more immediate concerns of late, but anyone know anyone that actually has silver in stock? All the places I've gone are either out or want millions per ozt.

I seek about 3000 ozt. Ag or maybe 30ozt Au.

What say ye?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought 60oz from a local guy at $1.60 over spot about a month ago, looking like everything is close to $3 over spot at the moment.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    I bought 60oz from a local guy at $1.60 over spot about a month ago, looking like everything is close to $3 over spot at the moment.
    certainly a disconnect from the paper market price ., dealers are having to pay nearly 4 over on eagles to purchase wholesale , wholesale buyers are paying 53 1/4 for proof eagles and selling to dealers ten percent over , assuming the dealer tries to make ten percent that puts retail at 65.00 . Proof gold eagles are sold to wholesaler 185.00 over spot in OGP . I would estimate sale price to dealers at 4 1/2 percent over that , pushing retail over 2K which is closer to the real price of physical gold ( 1845 paper market )I have a wholesale buyer for XF Morgans at 29.00 ea and wont sell them for that because i can get more , thats up 2.00 from a week ago. The mint is charging 73.00 and 4.98 shipping on new proof eagles . Wholesalers are buying common brilliant uncirculated Franklin halves in rolls at 5.50 an ounce over spot . That pushes the sell price to dealers to 12 and retail about 14 . I sold a crap load of them around that last year , dried up now .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-19-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    certainly a disconnect from the paper market price ., dealers are having to pay nearly 4 over on eagles to purchase wholesale , wholesale buyers are paying 53 1/4 for proof eagles and selling to dealers ten percent over , assuming the dealer tries to make ten percent that puts retail at 65.00 . Proof gold eagles are sold to wholesaler 185.00 over spot in OGP . I would estimate sale price to dealers at 4 1/2 percent over that , pushing retail over 2K which is closer to the real price of physical gold ( 1845 paper market )I have a wholesale buyer for XF Morgans at 29.00 ea and wont sell them for that because i can get more , thats up 2.00 from a week ago. The mint is charging 73.00 and 4.98 shipping on new proof eagles . Wholesalers are buying common brilliant uncirculated Franklin halves in rolls at 5.50 an ounce over spot . That pushes the sell price to dealers to 12 and retail about 14 . I sold a crap load of them around that last year , dried up now .
    No lie can be told forever.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.