Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rand says GOP will lose 1/3rd of supporters if Senate removes Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    No one is bound by the Constitution, but only by the force that others have the will and wherewithal to bring to bear.
    Incorrect. If one takes an oath to the Constitution then they are bound by that oath.
    Circular argument is circular.

Bound by whom? By what means?
    Bound to themselves [...]
    I did not ask "to whom" the oath was bound.

I asked "by whom" ...

[...] and bound by the law.
    To repeat the question: bound (by the law as enforced) by whom?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-18-2021 at 09:45 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul had a pretty strong following especially in 2012, those voters had to go somewhere; and we know from RPF members maybe 1/2 of them went to Trump.
    Some no longer post here or were banned.

In fact I visit other boards that have very strong Trump supporters, and many of them say Ron Paul got them started in understanding the nastiness of the deep state with media driven talking points. That only amplified under Trump for 5 solid years; it was incessant, anybody that watches election cycles carefully even within the primaries from 2007 to 2020 you know the games that are being played on both sides. You would have to be extremely dense, not to see it.

If Trump is out of office and they vote to convict on the impeachment after he is gone, that is the GOP playing right into the hand of their political opponents, there are millions of very angry voters that feel this election was stolen, and doing that to somebody they think was already cheated, is going to make them even angrier, expect primary challenges in 2022 to any who votes with the DNC.

Rand is right it's total political suicide for the RINO's that go along with this, maybe they are too stupid, or just don't care.

And if Romney votes for it.......please Utah and Mormons get rid of that loser.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 01-18-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by danda View Post
    except when it mattered.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    He was not concerned enough to actually do something about it at a critical moment and cited the Constitution as the reason not to do anything. Particularly disappointing is his quote, "The election in many ways was stolen and the only way it'll be fixed is by, in the future, reinforcing the laws."

"We'll fix it later!" is not a good response to cheating. Also, I do not have any idea why he thinks those laws will be reinforced by the leftists that draw their power from unethical behavior. Unfortunately, the only purpose Rand served on this was enabling the left. Nothing more.
    I just became aware that the neocons have a new strategy to take back the GOP by manipulating low information Trump supporters. They are lumping Romney and McCain together with Rand and libertarians as anti-Trump RINOS, in order to discard Rand. Very clever.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I've heard this same rhetoric every 4 years.
    Ha ha ha yeah the buildings burned down every 4 years in the community 10 minutes from where I live too. Or, maybe you' haven't heard a $#@!ing thing.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The parliamentarian judges parliamentary procedure, not the law.
    perhaps you have a point to make, or you just like stating the obvious...?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    But none of it was going to affect the process of counting the votes and concluding the election process.
    Please point to anywhere in this thread where I or anyone has stated the objections would alter the outcome. strawman much?

I have respect for Dr. Ron Paul precisely because he would stand on his principles even when it was 300+ votes to 1. That's why they called him Dr. No. His son fell far from the tree apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by danda View Post
    Please point to anywhere in this thread where I or anyone has stated the objections would alter the outcome. strawman much?

I have respect for Dr. Ron Paul precisely because he would stand on his principles even when it was 300+ votes to 1. That's why they called him Dr. No. His son fell far from the tree apparently.
    His son did stand on his principles.

It just so happens that his principles are inconvenient to the Trumpian agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I just became aware that the neocons have a new strategy to take back the GOP by manipulating low information Trump supporters. They are lumping Romney and McCain together with Rand and libertarians as anti-Trump RINOS, in order to discard Rand. Very clever.
    Wow. Anyone that would believe a good man like Rand has anything in common with the likes of Romney or McCain is very poorly informed indeed. While I am no fan of how Rand handled this event, I will continue to support his future endeavors. If I ever run into anyone attempting that line of attack, then I will do my best to demonstrate why it is very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    His son did stand on his principles.
    Fair enough. And in so doing, he made it clear to me that his principles are different from mine. And thus lost my respect and support. That's the ONLY point I'm making in this thread, and no arguments about process or practical outcome are going to change that fact.

It just so happens that his principles are inconvenient to the Trumpian agenda.
    I have no trumpian agenda. I've never been a Trump supporter. I do have a problem with election fraud on a national scale. I do have a problem with states not following their own election laws, and members of congress that will not call them out on that when given a massive platform to do so.
    Last edited by danda; 01-18-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Wow. Anyone that would believe a good man like Rand has anything in common with the likes of Romney or McCain is very poorly informed indeed. While I am no fan of how Rand handled this event, I will continue to support his future endeavors. If I ever run into anyone attempting that line of attack, then I will do my best to demonstrate why it is very wrong.
    Unfortunately, the vast majority of voters are not familiar with many politicians, and believe what they hear. I heard this attack on Rand today from something passed on by a conservative, but of the kind that doesn't know Ron Paul from Paul Ryan.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Remember when Lindsay Graham said in 2016 that Trump would end up destroying the Republican Party? That came into fruition real nicely.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I hope the repubs loose all their supporters that way we will be half done next make all dems loose all their public support.. Then maybe we can start over again.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Remember when Lindsay Graham said in 2016 that Trump would end up destroying the Republican Party? That came into fruition real nicely.
    Pence is NOT attending Trump's farewell tomorrow morning.

Trump ruined the GOP. He turned it into a freaking personality cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

the GOP never backed Trump.

They are all too happy that Trump lost. But they wished he lost in silence like a good little career politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I hope the repubs loose all their supporters that way we will be half done next make all dems loose all their public support.. Then maybe we can start over again.
    At this point I don't think elected Republicans care if they lose reelection now.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-19-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    At this point I don't think elected Republicans care if the lose reelection now.
    They will retire in the Caribbean with the millions they stole.

The GOP deserved what they got.

every election going forward
    LOL
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

The GOP ruined the GOP.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123