Thread: Amazon Warehouse Workers To Decide Whether To Form Company's First US Union

Amazon Warehouse Workers To Decide Whether To Form Company's First US Union

https://news.slashdot.org/story/21/0...first-us-union

NOTE: NPR so you KNOW it is Propaganda...

An anonymous reader quotes a report from NPR:

Some 6,000 workers at Amazon's warehouse in Bessemer, Ala., will begin voting next month on a groundbreaking possibility: the first union in the company's U.S. history. The National Labor Relations Board on Friday scheduled the vote by mail because of coronavirus concerns. It will begin Feb. 8 and continue through March 29. Workers at one of Amazon's newest facilities are deciding whether to join the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. Friday's ruling came after the agency facilitated a hearing, in which Amazon and the retail-workers union hashed out who should be included in the bargaining unit and how the vote should take place. Both parties agreed that hundreds of seasonal workers should be eligible to cast ballots. The NLRB rejected Amazon's calls for a traditional in-person vote in favor of balloting by mail.

"The biggest thing is Amazon is one of the biggest employers in the United States and they're heavily, heavily anti-union," said Arthur Wheaton of The Worker Institute at Cornell University. "So if you can start to get some of their U.S.-based (workers) successfully organized with the union, then that could lead to other cities also doing that." Amazon has said that between March and mid-September, it employed almost 1.4 million front-line workers across Amazon and Whole Foods in the United States. The company has argued the petitioners did not represent "the majority of our employees' views" and touted the warehouse facility's pay and benefits.
    I dont think this will happen. Everything else that is going on we will NEVER see another Union. EVER.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope the union gets in.

I'm all for Amazon showing who and what they are.

In general, I'm all for anything that impedes the growth and profitability of Amazon.

No union in the US has been as evil as Amazon.

I think with the coming recession , tax increases , devalued currency and inflation problem that amazon warehouse workers will need 100 FRN's per hour .

Good, let them destroy themselves. Amazon makes no profit from their fulfillment centers. Its all AWS and resellers. This is like a snake eating its own tail. This is good. They will probably shut down the warehouse if they vote to unionize. Either way it will hurt amazon.

They lobby against a free market, this is what they get.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Only public employees have unions anymore. Amazon must be a public employer now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

um
    MAGA?

SARC=0
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?