Thread: Rebutting - Property is Created by Violence

Rebutting - Property is Created by Violence

Short but really good IMO. Nice discussion of rights.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Missed the mark; I'm not familiar with this guy. The person they were rebutting was concerned about land as property, not possessions in general; it's an interesting debate.

Rights originate in the premise of ownership in self, the axiomatic property right. By extension, if you own yourself, you own the fruits of your actions.
    I'm sure the young lady doesn't believe that she can be assaulted with no consequence, and believes that violence, either by her, her associates, or law enforcement is justified in defense of her person. Violence is always the defense to property, ultimately. Infringing on property is a violation of Natural Law, and releases those in defense from moral consequence for violence.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

All rights are created through the implicit threat of defensive violence.

If you aren't capable of defending your "rights" with violence, then you don't have any. You have "privileges".
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Rights originate in the premise of ownership in self,
    i: A premise the progressives resolutely reject.

By extension, if you own yourself, you own the fruits of your actions.
    ii: Moot as per i.

I'm sure the young lady doesn't believe that she can be assaulted with no consequence, and believes that violence, either by her, her associates, or law enforcement is justified in defense of her person.
    iii: Remember that you you're dealing with first-order hypocrites.

Violence is always the defense to property, ultimately. Infringing on property is a violation of Natural Law, and releases those in defense from moral consequence for violence.

Bear in mind i, ii, and iii.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Short but really good IMO. Nice discussion of rights.

Question: why would anyone of nominal intellect want to rebutt people so stupid as to believe such nonsense? I generally ignore them... mainly because I cannot legally run them over with my dump truck.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.