Thread: Lottery and Stimmies

Lottery and Stimmies

Should I overlook the coincidence of the lottery jackpots being incredibly huge right at the time that every one is getting their stimmies???

As of today, Powerball's at $640 Million and Megamillions is at $750 Million.

Is this part of the clever plan to dispense fake money and have the poor people give it right back to the government?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems like the Dept. of Edumacation should be solid. After all, that's the whole purpose of Government lotteries, right? So no funds to education in the next bill?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Seems like the Dept. of Edumacation should be solid. After all, that's the whole purpose of Government lotteries, right? So no funds to education in the next bill?
    Lol - what quaint ideas you have there.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

When people get a one-time check, whether bonus, lotto, or whatever, they tend to spend it immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Doesn't seem like that much of a coincidence to me.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    When people get a one-time check, whether bonus, lotto, or whatever, they tend to spend it immediately.
    Specifically, that is what people who are bad with money do. Extremely common in people on public assistance.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

When I was young and the kids were small I would save my quarters all year in a coffee can and that was the Christmas budget. Then I'd take my Christmas bonus and buy land.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Specifically, that is what people who are bad with money do. Extremely common in people on public assistance.
    It's just generally what people do.

See also: how people spend their tax refund checks.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who gets tax refunds?

No. It’s a basic litmus test. How someone spends a windfall check is a direct indicator of how successful and wealthy that person will be.

Feel free to go debate Dave Ramsey on the subject.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.