Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "National Divorce" - is it time to split up?

"National Divorce" - is it time to split up?

A QUARTER of all Americans say it's time for the U.S. to split into different nations
    https://notthebee.com/article/a-quar...ferent-nations
    Joel Abbot (13 January 2021)

According to a new poll, 25% of Americans say the country needs to be split into two separate nations. [Actually, the poll question only specifies "separate countries", not necessarily "two" of them - although "two" might be inferred from the wording. Disunion would probably involve more than two, if only for reasons of geography and demographics. - OB]

This is insane. [No, it isn't. What's insane is wanting to be or remain in political union with people who hate and despise you. - OB]

It's also not surprising.

Here was the question that the poll (from Just The News and Scott Rasmussen) posed:

"Some have suggested that the Red and Blue States (Republican-leaning states and Democratic-leaning states) should split into separate countries," said the poll. "Would you favor or oppose splitting the Red and Blue States into separate countries?"

Of those who supported this national divorce, 11% were strongly in favor. While 52% were strongly opposed (with another 10% slightly opposed), having 1-in-10 people thinking the Union isn't worth saving is a big deal.

Here's some other interesting demographic data [PDF]:

• Men were more likely to support separation (16%) compared to women (7%).
    • Given the media's narrative on MAGA boomers and their whiteness, you'd expect that older white guys would be the first in line for this civil divide. The reverse is actually true. Those over 55 were less likely to support national separation compared to younger whippersnappers.
    • White individuals were less likely to support separation (23%) compared to blacks (28%), Hispanics (34%), and other ethnic minorities (27%)
    • Interestingly enough, there wasn't an insane difference between registered Republicans and Democrats – 32% to 22% respectively.

Where it got interesting was in the area of ideology and faith. People who were either "very conservative" or "very liberal" were WAY more likely to favor a split, at 43% and 33% respectively. Only 3% of those who consider themselves to be "somewhat liberal" supported the idea.

When it came to religion, [... FULL ARTICLE AT LINK: https://notthebee.com/article/a-quar...ferent-nations ...]

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Empire, directly responsible for the NWO, has nation-built all around the globe. There is no stopping it. What makes them think a few states will be allowed to "split up"?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The Empire, directly responsible for the NWO, has nation-built all around the globe. There is no stopping it. What makes them think a few states will be allowed to "split up"?
    Oh.

Well.

Never mind, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Oh.

Well.

Never mind, then.
    You may as well spill it, now that you have my curiosity piqued - it won't be long before AI prevents any such thoughts!

Whatever, dude.

I seceded like 50 times last week. Lots of others have been seceding too.

Stop watching the lame-stream media and start getting out there and seceding.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Whatever, dude.

I seceded like 50 times last week. Lots of others have been seceding too.

Stop watching the lame-stream media and start getting out there and seceding.

LOL read my signature, the one in bold ;-)

Should read "of Cuomo the huomo".
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You may as well spill it, now that you have my curiosity piqued - it won't be long before AI prevents any such thoughts!
    "It is possible that we will lose. It is impossible that we must lose." -- Michael Malice

Only if the capital of 'Murica is in Texas.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This is not like the Schisms we have seen in the past.

This is a TECHNOCRACY.

It wont matter what country you live in, or if you live in an area that was formerly a State of the Republic. The State formerly known as Texas, or Rhode Island, or where ever, it does not matter.

Everyone will still use the same Tech. Google. Apple. Microsoft. Those are your REAL OWNERS. So long as the people choose FACEBOOK over FREEDOM, their ignorance will enslave everyone because they empower the SLAVE OWNERS.

This is NEW SLAVERY.

If you want a meaningful separation from ANYTHING, then get rid of Google and Facebook, and pretty much everyone in Congress and the Supreme Court.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

If my state or counties chose to leave I would support that .

I've got to secede my garden this year. Anyone know of some good secede for yards with hot climates and high water tables?

Oh, secede. Only 25%? Looks like we have some ways to go! Let's start having secession parties. I'm not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    This is not like the Schisms we have seen in the past.

This is a TECHNOCRACY.

It wont matter what country you live in, or if you live in an area that was formerly a State of the Republic. The State formerly known as Texas, or Rhode Island, or where ever, it does not matter.

Everyone will still use the same Tech. Google. Apple. Microsoft. Those are your REAL OWNERS. So long as the people choose FACEBOOK over FREEDOM, their ignorance will enslave everyone because they empower the SLAVE OWNERS.

This is NEW SLAVERY.

If you want a meaningful separation from ANYTHING, then get rid of Google and Facebook, and pretty much everyone in Congress and the Supreme Court.
    You're not wrong here, and this is perhaps the biggest "gotcha" they have on everyone.
    Still, I want secession.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

The entire concept of government needs reworking. Local voluntary communities, spread out over the land with no overall State is the only way humanity can govern and still protect individualism. Any other way and eventually humanity finds itself right where we are now. It's happened before, it'll happen again as long as humanity finds reasons to divide itself from each other.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doesn't work. Like minded people are not necessarily in geographic proximity. You would have to Balkanize America, which isn't happening. All talk.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Doesn't work. Like minded people are not necessarily in geographic proximity. You would have to Balkanize America, which isn't happening. All talk.
    Dont have to have perfectly aligned minded people, just have to agree that the point is to live as a free being and to allow others to do the same. Unfortunately it seems historically that humanity only remembers this when in the early years after major calamity.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

May the odds be ever in your favor.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Dont have to have perfectly aligned minded people, just have to agree that the point is to live as a free being and to allow others to do the same. Unfortunately it seems historically that humanity only remembers this when in the early years after major calamity.
    This is possible for a good start. As an Agorist, I do it every day ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If YOU chose to secede, I'd support that.

Those numbers are depressing.
    "The Patriarch"

79% of Americans now agree the nation is "falling apart"

[...]

“Fourth-fifths of Americans — both Republicans and Democrats — say America is falling apart,” Axios said in an analysis of the poll, which was conducted Monday through Wednesday.

“Why it matters: The question, asked Tuesday and Wednesday, reflects the collision of crises besetting the country — the backdrop of a pandemic, recession, decoupling of red/blue America, and racial injustice and the immediacy of the Capitol insurrection, followed by Impeachment II,” the pollster said.

[...]

• 32% of U.S. adults “strongly agree that America is falling apart”; 41% of Republicans, 29% of independents and 29% of Democrats agree.
    • 47% overall “somewhat agree” with the statement; 42% of Republicans, 48% of independents and 49% of Democrats agree.
    • 16% overall “somewhat disagree” with the statement; 13% of Republicans, 18% of independents and 16% of Democrats agree.
    • 4% overall “strongly disagree” with the statement; 3% of Republicans, 3% of independents and 7% of Democrats agree.

Source: An Axios/IPSOS poll of 1,019 U.S. adults conducted Jan. 11-13.

of those 25% only .02% can correctly spell and say the word "secede".
    Last edited by flightlesskiwi; 01-15-2021 at 08:45 PM. Reason: wrong percentage

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    79% of Americans now agree the nation is "falling apart"

“Why it matters: The question, asked Tuesday and Wednesday, reflects the collision of crises besetting the country — the backdrop of a pandemic, recession, decoupling of red/blue America, and racial injustice and the immediacy of the Capitol insurrection, followed by Impeachment II,” the pollster said.

I'm surprised they didn't use this as the main thesis.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    And I will be right beside you if that happens.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    of those 25% only .02% can correctly spell and say the word "secede".
    Quite possibly - and it still might be more than from the other 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't use this as the main thesis.
    At least they still managed to shoehorn it in there.

Thanks for posting that, I had been meaning to find that clip for days now.

All that remains to be seen is if freedom folks will seize this once in a lifetime chance to make a bold difference, or do what we usually end up doing, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The fact that many of the usual suspects have already chimed in to tut tut and poo pooh the idea, leads me to believe the latter, as usual.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast