Thread: The ‘War On Terror’ Comes Home

The ‘War On Terror’ Comes Home

The ‘War On Terror’ Comes Home
    Written by Ron Paul - January 11, 2021

Last week’s massive social media purges – starting with President Trump’s permanent ban from Twitter and other outlets – was shocking and chilling, particularly to those of us who value free expression and the free exchange of ideas. The justifications given for the silencing of wide swaths of public opinion made no sense and the process was anything but transparent. Nowhere in President Trump’s two “offending” Tweets, for example, was a call for violence expressed explicitly or implicitly. It was a classic example of sentence first, verdict later.

Many Americans viewed this assault on social media accounts as a liberal or Democrat attack on conservatives and Republicans, but they are missing the point. The narrowing of allowable opinion in the virtual public square is no conspiracy against conservatives. As progressives like Glenn Greenwald have pointed out, this is a wider assault on any opinion that veers from the acceptable parameters of the mainstream elite, which is made up of both Democrats and Republicans.

Yes, this is partly an attempt to erase the Trump movement from the pages of history, but it is also an attempt to silence any criticism of the emerging political consensus in the coming Biden era that may come from progressive or antiwar circles.

After all, a look at Biden’s incoming “experts” shows that they will be the same failed neoconservative interventionists who gave us weekly kill lists, endless drone attacks and coups overseas, and even US government killing of American citizens abroad. Progressives who complain about this “back to the future” foreign policy are also sure to find their voices silenced.

Those who continue to argue that the social media companies are purely private ventures acting independent of US government interests are ignoring reality. The corporatist merger of “private” US social media companies with US government foreign policy goals has a long history and is deeply steeped in the hyper-interventionism of the Obama/Biden era.

“Big Tech” long ago partnered with the Obama/Biden/Clinton State Department to lend their tools to US “soft power” goals overseas. Whether it was ongoing regime change attempts against Iran, the 2009 coup in Honduras, the disastrous US-led coup in Ukraine, “Arab Spring,” the destruction of Syria and Libya, and so many more, the big US tech firms were happy to partner up with the State Department and US intelligence to provide the tools to empower those the US wanted to seize power and to silence those out of favor.

In short, US government elites have been partnering with “Big Tech” overseas for years to decide who has the right to speak and who must be silenced. What has changed now is that this deployment of “soft power” in the service of Washington’s hard power has come home to roost.

So what is to be done? Even pro-free speech alternative social media outlets are under attack from the Big Tech/government Leviathan. There are no easy solutions. But we must think back to the dissidents in the era of Soviet tyranny. They had no Internet. They had no social media. They had no ability to communicate with thousands and millions of like-minded, freedom lovers. Yet they used incredible creativity in the face of incredible adversity to continue pushing their ideas. Because no army – not even Big Tech partnered with Big Government - can stop an idea whose time has come. And Liberty is that idea. We must move forward with creativity and confidence!
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...or-comes-home/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being a student of the Cold War, I had the opportunity to befriend individuals who grew up behind the Iron Curtain and participated in the revolutions of 1989. One common theme was that 1) everyone had two faces: the fake one for the watching communist public and the genuine one for behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
    Being a student of the Cold War, I had the opportunity to befriend individuals who grew up behind the Iron Curtain and participated in the revolutions of 1989. One common theme was that 1) everyone had two faces: the fake one for the watching communist public and the genuine one for behind closed doors.
    This is sage advice. And be careful behind closed doors, too.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is sage advice. And be careful behind closed doors, too.
    No such thing any more. We close our doors but bring their Spy Devices with us. Then we post on their servers. Then we wonder how we got "caught".

"Caught" is a big keyword. "Caught" implies as if you are "doing something wrong". And that is exactly what is happening right now is there is an Inversion of what you generally think is "right" and "allowed" to being Prohibited. Google is now the LAW. If you speak out against Google, then Google bans you. Google shuts down your Bank Accts. Google gets you fired. Google will prevent you from being allowed to get a job as they have made themselves the Arbiters of who gets to work and who does not. The Govt just passes law to validates Google's ultimate authority over everyone. Yet, we continue to give Google our money and our attention? Who are the real fools here?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Many Americans viewed this assault on social media accounts as a liberal or Democrat attack on conservatives and Republicans, but they are missing the point. The narrowing of allowable opinion in the virtual public square is no conspiracy against conservatives. As progressives like Glenn Greenwald have pointed out, this is a wider assault on any opinion that veers from the acceptable parameters of the mainstream elite, which is made up of both Democrats and Republicans.

Uh huh... and yet it is only the one side that's taking it in the neck. Sure, it CAN happen, but when does it? Be serious.

Yes, this is partly an attempt to erase the Trump movement from the pages of history, but it is also an attempt to silence any criticism of the emerging political consensus in the coming Biden era that may come from progressive or antiwar circles.
    At this time, the differences are irrelevant. This is first and foremost a campaign against anything to the right of Mao. Let us dispense with the bull$#@! attempts at appearing to take a broad view. Right now, right here, the broad view is that there is a campaign to exterminate the right. That little $#@! Rick Klein called for the "cleansing" of the right. Some have tried to excuse it by speaking for Klein, stating that he meant "ideological" cleansing. Bull. $#@!. Never has the term been used in that way. "Cleansing" in the political sense has always meant extermination. Physical extermination, as in the removal of life, as in "welcome my Jewish friends, let's get you all showered and refreshed after your long cattle car journey.... step right this way into the communal bathing parlor."

And even if he indeed mean the cleansing of ideology, that move is only 1/10th of a step below that of physical execution. That scumbag declared to the world his desire to see the elimination of half or more of the American people. Anyone still refusing to see that war has been declared upon Freemen by the Weakmen is corrupted beyond redemption and should probably be the first in line for the disintegration chamber.

After all, a look at Biden’s incoming “experts” shows that they will be the same failed neoconservative interventionists who gave us weekly kill lists, endless drone attacks and coups overseas, and even US government killing of American citizens abroad. Progressives who complain about this “back to the future” foreign policy are also sure to find their voices silenced.
    Believe that when you see it. Until then it is speculative at best.

Those who continue to argue that the social media companies are purely private ventures acting independent of US government interests are ignoring reality. The corporatist merger of “private” US social media companies with US government foreign policy goals has a long history and is deeply steeped in the hyper-interventionism of the Obama/Biden era.
    Absolute truth right there. We are in the middle of a bald-faced, not even an attempt to hide the truth, fascist revolution by those who amusingly call themselves "anti-fascist".

We should be standing to arms, but all we do is jerk off at our keyboards. Wait until those chickens come home to roost.

Time is here pals. You'd damned better decide what you want to be because if you don't, the choice will be made FOR you. There is no evading the issue this time. The traitors to freedom are everywhere.

I would also give some warning to purists: now is not the time for that sort of thing. The reality before us must be considered and responded to on its terms and not those of our normative ideals. When the trauma patient comes into the ER all busted up, one does not respond with airy-fairy naturopathic medicine. One engages in allopathic trauma procedures because those work. Fairy dust doesn't. So it is now. Work the reality and shelve your ideals for a better day. Anything less puts us at each others' throats, which is exactly what the Tyrant wants.

The time for half-measures and $#@!ing around is now past us, without question. The survival of your ability to express your opinions lays in the balance. For some, your very lives may lay, as well. These people are playing for keeps and if they get away with their plans, you will be lucky to live through it.

American needs to grow the hell up.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
    Technology threatens this.

18 years ago I worked on a project for targeting. It was an AI and I am still bound to silence. The capabilities of that system were staggering and I say that as someone in the biz for 40 years. Since I have no desire to spend the rest of my life in a cell, I can give no details - I'm not even sure what I have typed here will not end me up in trouble. If you knew what I know, you would understand that the eight-fold fence becomes less viable by the day.

When I did my MBA there was a business plan competition, which my team won. Our patent was for fNIR, function Near-InfraRed tech developed at our school for scanning brain activity. It enabled one to tell when someone was intentionally lying. The DoD was VERY interested in this tech. Sadly, I was the only member of my team interested in taking it beyond the competition. $#@!ing kids... no ambition. Anyhow. that was 16 years ago and I can assure you that all of these technologies have moved nowhere other than forward in the intervening years.

Give it another decade or less and Theye will have in their hands to extinguish freedom at every level of human experience and endeavor.

If we don't kill Themme now, chances are good we will never be able to do it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Anyone that is excited about Speech Censorship or Election Fraud is ignorant if they think they are immune to the same abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Technology threatens this.

18 years ago I worked on a project for targeting. It was an AI and I am still bound to silence. The capabilities of that system were staggering and I say that as someone in the biz for 40 years. Since I have no desire to spend the rest of my life in a cell, I can give no details - I'm not even sure what I have typed here will not end me up in trouble. If you knew what I know, you would understand that the eight-fold fence becomes less viable by the day.

When I did my MBA there was a business plan competition, which my team won. Our patent was for fNIR, function Near-InfraRed tech developed at our school for scanning brain activity. It enabled one to tell when someone was intentionally lying. The DoD was VERY interested in this tech. Sadly, I was the only member of my team interested in taking it beyond the competition. $#@!ing kids... no ambition. Anyhow. that was 16 years ago and I can assure you that all of these technologies have moved nowhere other than forward in the intervening years.

Give it another decade or less and Theye will have in their hands to extinguish freedom at every level of human experience and endeavor.

If we don't kill Themme now, chances are good we will never be able to do it.
    We have entered an era that it is not only what you type or say but what you think that will require disciplinary action.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    We have entered an era that it is not only what you type or say but what you think that will require disciplinary action.
    Fortunately, 500+ years of Anglo-American jurisprudence still requires an "actus reas" in addition to "mens rea" to convict someone of a crime.